PDA

View Full Version : sick's mod is SICK!

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 20:42
:eek: lol never knew the au's had it so hard! their units are like CR@P! try it. i can't win at hannover just not enough men! man good job sick. :) now i have somthing to do for a while :rolleyes:

p.s. forgot to say doing Cyrenaica with Austria is really hard. but possiable. it's alot hard to attack for them and defend at hannover then it seems.

with Cyrenaica i just threw away my cal for their artillery. and then was forced to melee with them. i won but they had black watch and those riflemen in the buildings that wouldn't die. i had to in the end all out charge the buildings with 5 units (full) took out the rifle men easy. BUT i got totaled against the black watch. they sliced through 3 of my units (2musketmen,1royalgard) and i almost lost but my jegars saved the day! :D lol anyone got good storys with this mod?

pick it up at TAFN:
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/html/index.php#oxynews-22

well worth it!

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 21:00
You must tell me how to play as the austrians in the demo...TELL ME!?!?! :eek:

hehe sorry got carried away, am i missing something because i cannot chose the austrians. :o

EDIT: oops just found out, i should really read the posts from beginning to end. :o :p

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 21:21
yes... :D no worries all you need to do is call 9-11 and insist that they tell the world that doom's day is near. they'll know what to do with people like you ;)

p.s. talk to a doctor about addictions in drugs and in vedio entertainment. :) he'll tell you what to do too.

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 21:26
yes... :D no worries all you need to do is call 9-11 and insist that they tell the world that doom's day is near. they'll know what to do with people like you ;)

p.s. talk to a doctor about addictions in drugs and in vedio entertainment. :) he'll tell you what to do too.

But...b..but dooms day IS coming! :eek:

Are you another disbeliever ? :(

mmmm those white pills sure were tasty! :) ;)

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 21:54
lol there not pills my friend. there people. and they'er coming for you ;) so RUN! :D anyways did anyone beat hannover? with au?

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 21:59
lol there not pills my friend. there people. and they'er coming for you ;) so RUN! :D anyways did anyone beat hannover? with au?

I have to admit, ive not tried it yet. :o

But as soon as i do...in five mintues. ;) I'll post a mini AAR on the action! Including screenies! :eek:

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 22:39
lol i at first tried holding the building bad move as he rushes his cal and you take him out, but all the while his infantry have been set up and fire on you in such a manner as half my men die all at once. (sad, :rolleyes: ok maby 1/3 :D )

then i tried rushing the bridge. failed as my cal were wiped out and his cal flanked my artillery. and then swooped down on my infantry in the rear. (no pause and comand so i'm forced to wait and square my men to be to late or wiped out by his infantry in the middle of the river. :confused: units can fire while under WATER! man if only Nepoleon knew... eveything would have been different (AWUA WARS! THE NEW NEPOLEONIC ERA GAME! :D )

then i tried taking the left windmill (on hill) this resulted in a nice CRASH! lol i out smarted the AI so much that he crashed instead of face my superior tatics :) lol i did this 3 times before i gave up as reloading took to long. lol he just dosn't want me to win at hannover :p )

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 22:43
lol it's been 40 mins. i see you can't win either. :p

Psycho Pigeon
3rd Apr 2005, 22:47
Hey guys having abit of trouble playing the mod :)

I've overwritten all the files with the files that came with the mod and in the readme.txt is says to click on the .bat file for whichever one you wana play, but it's not working for me what am i doing wrong? :eek: .

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 22:53
something is stoping it from connecting with the igdemo.exe talk to sick about it. all i can say is a thing poped up for me. i said allow. it crashed. did it again. and it worked fine and dandy. (except for when i out smarted the AI :p , damn computer cheats.)

almost as bad as CHESS-IT where he had 5 queens! (only suppose to get 1 more not 4! beat that though in the end but thats not the point :D )

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 23:00
lol it's been 40 mins. i see you can't win either. :p

AH HA! thats where you're wrong...*cough* no actually you're right... :o :p

Battilus
4th Apr 2005, 01:25
I can't get it to work, any ideas?
I extracted the file to Imperial Glory, but it doesn't work.

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 01:30
I can't get it to work, any ideas?
I extracted the file to Imperial Glory, but it doesn't work.

When it asked you to overwrite the files, did you click 'yes to all'?

Battilus
4th Apr 2005, 02:04
yeah, but when i click on Demoimperialglory it says it failed to start because vorbis.dll was missing.

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 02:08
yeah, but when i click on Demoimperialglory it says it failed to start because vorbis.dll was missing.

Well if it says that file is missing, go pick it up from the actual downloaded folder and copy paste it into the demo file. :)

TigerVX
7th Apr 2005, 06:28
Just managed to beat the first level with the Aussies, with a surprisingly low death rate I might add :eek: .

First time I was unran with Redcoats, my last defenders battles to the death killing many of them from the windows and doors, but they were cut down =(. Second time, I set up a Musketeer unit on each side of the house with square and One Rifle(Forgot their name) in the house and the other behind a low hill on the left side of the road. I quickly killed the cavalry coming, now came the hard part. When they advanced over, to my surprise two units of British Grenadiers went to engage the lone Rifle! Not only that, but they got in range of my howitzers on the left side of the house, which meant for the sacrifice of my rifle I managed to weaken these two units. not only that, but the Black Watch and other Grendiar charged the house, only to be cut down by fire from both musketeers and the house. I also seized my chance to take out their artillery, since that bounce kills men in the dozens when in Box. I managed to sacrifice my Cussars for killing the artillery, afterwards they charged their remaining infantry when they had finished the rifles with their cavalry at the house, once again only to be cut down. Afterwards I finished off their howitzers and won! The units I didn't sacrifice only recieved 8 casualties! But I did loose an entire rifle platoon and my cavalry, but the results were

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/5508/victory2hz.th.gif (http://img80.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img80&image=victory2hz.gif)

HellAngel_666
7th Apr 2005, 19:14
Holy **** Great Job!

StonedRaider
7th Apr 2005, 21:43
I found a good way to cruch GB as austria on hannover. Ok, put a grenzers in the house. put both ur musketeers in square form evenly apart from eachother and the house on the right side of the house. put arty behind the musketeers. Now, your horsies and other grenzers. Put them on the far left (like a good bit left) of the house, then advance them to the white path 3/4 of the way from the hosue to the river. Keep them for later, trust me. Ok, now one of their cav's will attack you. If you have put ur muskets in the right spot, their cavalry will be crushed trying to find a way to your artillery (hopefully you wont lose a man). p.s. if you lose your artillery at this point your chances of winning....are...well....you know. Next, after his cavalry, is the tricky part. Sometimes the AI will attack the house and succeed with his 2nd cavalry, or he will keep the cavalry back with his artillery. If he goes for the house, take your grenzers out of the house immediately and go into square, and try to take his cavalry out. If he doesnt send his 2nd cavalry in, ignore this, keep your grenzers in the house, and put your musketeers in line form, spread out so theyre not intertwining. Ok, his infantry by this time will be shooting at your dudes, this is when you hit. If you remember when i told you to put your cavalry and a grenzers unit far left up on the white path, this is what you do with them. While theres a big battle going on between infantry and artillery for the house, you take out his dirty artillery. If he has sent his 2nd cavalry on you, you will have no problem taking both guns out flanking him with ur cav and grenz. cavalry takes out artillery, grenzers take out howitzers. If he hasn't sent his 2nd cavalry, youll need to take the cavalry out first, as quick as possible. squaring grenzers and then attacking his cavalry with your cavalry will kill it, then go on and destroy BOTH guns. once you have done this most of his infantry on the front lines will be pointed towards your sexy flanking manoevre. using the rest of your men at the house (including the ones inside the house) kill his black watch first. I believe theyre on the right. If you do the next bit right hes ****ed as a .... guy taking it by a big black guy. If you attack his infantry with your remaining cavalry, hell square, so what you have to do is attack with cav, make his guy go square, retreat your horses, and fire at him with grenzers, continue doing this till hes dead, and continue taking out his infantry with yours and ur artillery n what you got left. I beat it quite sexily, you should too. Peace,
StonedRaider

HellAngel_666
8th Apr 2005, 00:48
ok here is my victory (but first some really kick ass pictures and the horrors of war on both sides... AU solider takes the brunt of a cal charge....and in a despreat plea for help calls out to me Laughing (and YOU!)

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/1943/scotisnjigcopy6yy.th.png (http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img135&image=scotisnjigcopy6yy.png)

and then a black watch in a horrorfing posture looks at the volly of fire that just wiped 10 of his comrads, and falls to his own death

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/1943/scotisnjigcopy6yy.th.png (http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img135&image=scotisnjigcopy6yy.png)

and here is the VICTORY (best one for me on a differnt battle right after this one)

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/2603/bestauvictoryformecopy9yl.th.png (http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img135&image=bestauvictoryformecopy9yl.png)

MORE PICTURES TO COME!

ok my stragidy for AU is this (see next ph for letter meanings)

first setup have A and you E, E and C set up by the house (as close as possiable) then have both L,L set up half way between forest and house (all of units should be TOUCHING the red line, or close to) then start. zoom to the enemys start postion as he will give tatics now. if his cal heading (after 2-3 seconds to the hill with the mill then have your two L,L run to the mill and form square. then move em to the house to form the picture below (skiping the squaring actions) if the cal are going for the bridge then follow the WHOLE guild.

i take the house with my artillery (A) on the open side of the house (cal behind it for quick melee), with a elite (E) marksmen, and a regular line men (L) markesmen. take 1 E and place it infront of your A facing the bridge, take one L and place it just before your E you just placed. (same direction) square em and do the same on the other side to look like this if from Brit direction

* = house
* * C
* * -A-
--E-- * --E--
--L-- --L--

have your infantry form sqaure to take the innitial cal charge from the enemy. when it's really low it will think and move to your rear where your cal is, have you cal charge into melee and then go back to where it was. let you units go to line after this for the next cal charge (they WANT your artillery) all the while keep haveing your guns fire on anything that comes near you. let you infantry fire all at once. the effect will leave all but 10-5 cal left. then melee with your own cal. this is where things go crazy. have your infantry fire on teh enemy charging you line men will take melee or they will retreat and have your Art open. take your cal and go half way to the other house (AWAY FROM ENEMY INFANTRY) have em run. then have them engage enemy art. this is while your art is being melee'd with that said have on L engage in the enemys attck on your art whil you feint a attack on another unit with your other L. when your melee is engaged with your art (now dead) have one E fire onto that melee some what close. (they retreated most likly/or turned so they are somewhat away from the main melee) with the feint stop right infront of the enemy which has formed square and FIRE into it with you otehr E and L this will devestate that unit. retreat your L and feint again to have the enemy stay in square and then fire only one side of it's units into you(this reduces your damage) then fire again with your L and E and finish it off with your calver in the rear (as it has taken out 2 cal units and 2 art units and is none engaged) the melee that was origonaly for YOUR art is nowq over and the square is done. this leaves two units left which can be taken out with feints from for L units. when the unit is about <15 then charge with your CAL and then retreat the cal to a saft location (as always didn't mention above but you should) then do this to the other unit. you SHOULD have won.

lol I did. with little easy. it was one of my toughest battles but once you win it gets easy! really!