PDA

View Full Version : Riflemen

mattdanielc
3rd Apr 2005, 11:06
Don't know if it's too late what with the shipping date coming up....but after playing the demo (which I really enjoyed) can't help but notice the riflemen aren't in green uniforms. They were really proud of wearing the green, and being distinct like that, so it would be a shame not to see them wear it. Also the rifles range was double the musket, yet it doesn't appear to be in the demo. Much more accurate too.

great game though....and can't wait for it to come out :)

sammobrownie
3rd Apr 2005, 11:43
we have had this talk a zillion times!! The answer is no, there will be no green uniforms, as they are afraid of people being confused by the uniform colours, but the range is increased, (though not by much).

mattdanielc
3rd Apr 2005, 12:06
sorry mate I did a search to see if you had talked about this, but it comes up with all the forums of other games as well so I didn't bother looking.

They are afraid of people being confused? christ they managed 200 years ago didn't they? It's not realistic if they aren't green....

Also do you know if the French will be marching in columns? They hardly ever used line formation.

Cheers...

Psycho Pigeon
3rd Apr 2005, 15:49
There's an option to put them in columns but that's about it, can't wait to play waterloo though.

Cro_Knight
5th Apr 2005, 01:38
they will have water loo and other campaigns

langmann
5th Apr 2005, 01:56
we have had this talk a zillion times!! The answer is no, there will be no green uniforms, as they are afraid of people being confused by the uniform colours, but the range is increased, (though not by much).

Not to mention that they fought like skirmishers and not in formation... but anyway from what I have seen of the game so far I wouldn't seem to expect much accuracy.