PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!

Fruitbatthegreat
3rd Apr 2005, 10:28
I downloaded the demo, and extracted and installed with no problems. The game loads to the screen where you choose what you want to do (play one of the battles, watch a video or the slideshow). Whenever I click on one of the battles, the advice screen comes up, and then I click start. Then the "creating an error log" message comes up. Both the video and the slideshow work perfectly, just the battles don't. Here is my PC spec:
Pentium 4 2.80 ghz,
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G,
494mb memory,
disk space: 1.84gb,
Operating system: Windows 2000 proffesional edition.
Microsoft game advisor (I know people say it is really unreliable but I though I would try it out) says that my computer should easily run it. My computer is on the last green bar.
So anyone have any help? Things I can do? Cheers.
Fruitbat

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 13:13
Is your graphics card intergrated?

And IMHO windows game advisor is really unreliable ;)

Fruitbatthegreat
3rd Apr 2005, 13:40
Yeah, my graphics card is integrated. Is this why I am getting error messages?
Fruitbat

Psycho Pigeon
3rd Apr 2005, 15:48
Yes, out of interest are you being able to play any other games?, you will need a new graphics card i'm afraid :) and maybe a new pc i dont know it deppends on what motherboard you have.

Fruitbatthegreat
3rd Apr 2005, 18:21
Well, my PC can run Rome total war, Half-life 2 (albeit with very low settings) and most other games.
Fruitbat

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 18:27
lol you have like twice the ram i do and processor. :mad: other then that i'm light years ahead of you! lol 2000 is good though allows less bugs with games more options, but xp sp2 i think takes care of that. (think about upgrading that to as it's free.

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 18:58
Well, my PC can run Rome total war, Half-life 2 (albeit with very low settings) and most other games.
Fruitbat

Really? When i had my old computer, we basically had the same specs including a intergrated graphics card, and i couldn't even run Battlefield 1942

Drewoid13
4th Apr 2005, 03:00
I have a Radeon 9800 Pro card and the same thing happenes.

Fruitbatthegreat
4th Apr 2005, 14:43
Well, I can run Battlefield 1942 on the highest settings. I can also run Battlefield vietnam on high settings.
Fruitbat

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 15:01
Well, I can run Battlefield 1942 on the highest settings. I can also run Battlefield vietnam on high settings.
Fruitbat

You lag a-bit i bet, my new computer lags when playing BF:V on the highest settings.

jaywalker2309
4th Apr 2005, 15:55
I have a Radeon 9800 Pro card and the same thing happenes.

Shouldnt be happening on your graphics card as its in spec. What driver you running? I've got an 9800 here and it runs game fine

jaywalker2309
4th Apr 2005, 15:56
I downloaded the demo, and extracted and installed with no problems. The game loads to the screen where you choose what you want to do (play one of the battles, watch a video or the slideshow). Whenever I click on one of the battles, the advice screen comes up, and then I click start. Then the "creating an error log" message comes up. Both the video and the slideshow work perfectly, just the battles don't. Here is my PC spec:
Pentium 4 2.80 ghz,
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G,
494mb memory,
disk space: 1.84gb,
Operating system: Windows 2000 proffesional edition.
Microsoft game advisor (I know people say it is really unreliable but I though I would try it out) says that my computer should easily run it. My computer is on the last green bar.
So anyone have any help? Things I can do? Cheers.
Fruitbat

The Intel graphics chipset isn't supported by IG, as it doesnt support the feature set required (ie DX 8.1/9) game requires TnL and uses pixel shader if it finds it.

Drewoid13
4th Apr 2005, 23:15
jaycw

I have the best up-to date drivers, which run DX 9c. i have a couple other games/demos that use that and they play fine. could it be a corrupt file?

jaywalker2309
7th Apr 2005, 08:23
jaycw

I have the best up-to date drivers, which run DX 9c. i have a couple other games/demos that use that and they play fine. could it be a corrupt file?

Have you tried installing CAT5.1 drivers (these are the last good drivers from ATI) We have a few 9800's here running the game without any problem..

Drewoid13
10th Apr 2005, 19:02
Where can i get the drivers? and does anyone know, offhand, if it'll mess up RTW?

andytimtim
10th Apr 2005, 19:07
Where can i get the drivers? and does anyone know, offhand, if it'll mess up RTW?

Drivers won't mess up your other games AFAIK.

And whoever made the graphics card, go to their main site and search around. :)