PDA

View Full Version : House Cleaning God Awry

jEj
3rd Apr 2005, 01:41
Cleaning some files of the 'ole HD today and I guess I accidently deleted some SecuRom files.....? Then I try to run the Project Snowblind exe and it doesn't even try to launch. I've tried reinstalling, to no avail. Is there a way to reacquire the files, or a fix?

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2005, 08:17
Cleaning some files of the 'ole HD today and I guess I accidently deleted some SecuRom files.....? Then I try to run the Project Snowblind exe and it doesn't even try to launch. I've tried reinstalling, to no avail. Is there a way to reacquire the files, or a fix?

If you delete any securom files simply running the exe would recreate the necessary files. What files did you delete?

jEj
3rd Apr 2005, 20:47
They were registry entries, running the installer does not seem to fix anything. When I click play game or setup the mouse goes into a busy state, the taskmanager shows Snowblind.exe running, but then it dies.

[T]AlCapone
3rd Apr 2005, 21:09
Try going to local_machine/system/mounted devices, then check to see under permissions is everyone has full access/is not denied access to it. Maybe you have people denied and so the installer cant rewrite the values ;)

Hey, when is clantranscend.com coming back up??? I miss the forums...

arche[T]ype
3rd Apr 2005, 21:19
clantranscend.com may not come back up. the people who i bought the domain from won't get in contact me. So we might need to get a new domain.

arche[T]ype
5th Apr 2005, 03:34
Can anyone help out our jej?

[T]Frost
5th Apr 2005, 06:53
maybe we could get a free forum from invision for now?

arche[T]ype
5th Apr 2005, 07:29
No, it'll be up soon. ANY HELP FOR JEJ?

[T]AlCapone
9th Apr 2005, 09:14
arch... IM me so i can give you the domain info

D'artanian
11th Apr 2005, 22:03
They were registry entries, running the installer does not seem to fix anything. When I click play game or setup the mouse goes into a busy state, the taskmanager shows Snowblind.exe running, but then it dies.
Umm this might sound like a simple answer, but I had a problem w some of the same registry files, for other stuff in the past, couldnt someone just send you the missing entries? IE: I could msn them to you from my computer? same os, same game, etc. IT has worked for me in the past for different problems..... YA never know till u try. Just make sure you back it up before messing with adding/replacing the files :)

admin_old
12th Apr 2005, 04:28
The most simple solution to your problem is this:

Get the no-cd patch that won't use does not use securom.

I personally do not like using the dvd/cds of the games I play unless I must because unlike most things in the world games have no warranty so if I scratch it or it breaks its too bad sooooo sad go buy another one so they can make more $. I just give them my money ONCE and that's it, so I get no cd patches for 99% of the games I play and after I install the game I put it away where it cant break or get scratched or lost *plus I like the game boxes hehehe i'm weird*

ANyways, get the no cd patch, scan it make sure it's trojan and virus free it should work fine.

Cheers!