PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Glory Petition (sign to get response)

HellAngel_666
2nd Apr 2005, 16:11
that one i'v got to give to Pyro...go to the tatices bar, its all there...

there are so many differnt BAD aspects to this game. i believe that we should all sign a Petition telling pyro this game sucks. we can do this with all the different gaming forums...

ign, http://boards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=7676

gamespot, http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_topics.php?board=920587

tafn, http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/forums/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=bacb93a524637fc74bbf0d9ba2f6bb9b

tw page, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showforum=6

twcenter, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showforum=6

NTW, http://www.thelordz.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=aa05c656807bc93694bc06922a21585f

...ect. (post some with this info at that location)
(alot of tw people but thats because they to look onto this game)

if we get enough peeps they might change it. imo it's a lot better then sitting around and just typing how bad it is, when we can DO SOMETHING!

who's with me? :confused:

BANANAMAN
2nd Apr 2005, 17:52
So, what you want to tell Pyrostudios is to take back Imperial Glory and start from scratch all over again. :rolleyes:

I think I read somewhere Pyrostudios is busy working on a lot of pc & console games but strategy is not one of them. :D

HellAngel_666
2nd Apr 2005, 18:24
no what i say is make it better. how they do it is up to them

Psycho Pigeon
2nd Apr 2005, 18:33
Lets just bombard their contact address and ask them questions and if they don't reply then we keep sending. pyrostudios@pyrostudios.com

(some one write an email and everyone just add questions they would like to be answerd then all of us send the email until they reply).

HellAngel_666
2nd Apr 2005, 18:43
i'll have a page e-mail be tomorrow...post some ideas i should add... the feed back thread will be in there with a link and stated problems. :) i could use some help. i think i speak for all of us when i say, "This game needs work"

langmann
2nd Apr 2005, 20:00
I'm with the letter.

My comments can be found in the demo post.

jaywalker2309
2nd Apr 2005, 21:49
May I suggest that you refrain from asking people to do this. Otherwise you would seriously decrease the change of them responding including to other parties who have nothing to do with that particular case.

I think that's a far more better idea than telling them it sucks.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, however being just told something sucks and having nothing to back it up is as useful as a chocolate teapot in the sahara desert on the hottest day of the year.

This demo is a very limited demo in both unit types and numbers.

HellAngel_666
2nd Apr 2005, 22:34
the demo's features (units move automaticly) is MORE code then if it wasn't involved. meaning that it's going to be in the game. also there are numerious other aspects that take more codding that would be "non-useful" to players.

The_Russian_Rocket
3rd Apr 2005, 00:24
Please explain to me why this game needs the reformed. But before you do, I just want to say....the devs are watching and reading and correcting.

Gonzodave
3rd Apr 2005, 00:27
Yeah. And they've got at least 3 weeks to do it. Just think of all they could do in that time - perhaps 1 or 2 minor changes.

Psycho Pigeon
3rd Apr 2005, 01:14
May I suggest that you refrain from asking people to do this. Otherwise you would seriously decrease the change of them responding including to other parties who have nothing to do with that particular case.

Uhhh, how about you actually Help and give us a contact email straight to one of the devs rather than try and delay our actions, we will be sending emails to Pyro asking questions, if you would rather have us send it to a address that actually involves the IG team then give us it.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, however being just told something sucks and having nothing to back it up is as useful as a chocolate teapot in the sahara desert on the hottest day of the year.

Perhaps you didn't understand the point, that's what we are doing, we will come up with a constructive email then get about 100 people to send it until some-one replys with Constructive answers.

Mercia
3rd Apr 2005, 01:48
I'm afraid your petition idea will do little more than provide a channel for you to vent some of your frustration.

In my experience, most demos are fairly representative of the fundamental gameplay to be found in the full version (despite any caveats or statements from the developers/publishers to the contrary). Yes, there will be more units available but this won't alter the underlying game engine or the user interface with which the battles are fought. And with the imminent release of the full version, Imperial Glory is likely to be going gold in the next fortnight. So, the scope for changes - even minor ones - is very small indeed.

To be fair to Eidos and Pyro, this game has never been pitched as being a deep wargame or a modern version of Napoleon in Russia et al. You only have to look at their back catalogue to see this. Pyro have strong production values and wonderful artwork but their games have never exhibited a great deal of depth. Their target audience is geared more towards the casual gamer. Grognards should look elsewhere to satisfy their lust for historic accuracy and factual correctness.

Personally, I'm more interested in the strategic campaign anyway, having always been a fan of Risk (especially the fantastic extended 'Ultimate Risk' mode from Hasbro Interactive's 1996 PC version) so I'm not too disappointed with the battles. They are more or less what I expected. They look nice but don't offer any real challenge or authenticity. The Naval battles offer something new(ish) but again, I'm not getting excited about these either; I'm fairly confident they won't live up to the hype. So long as the auto-resolve is better than in STW/MTW/RTW, I doubt I will even play the battles much.

So what I'm saying, is judge the game for what it is, not what you'd like it to be. Even if there was consensus on what the hardcore fans would like to see in the game and this could be delivered, it would sell less than 5,000 copies! Hardly a commercially viable prospect for the developers or the publishers.

Gonzodave
3rd Apr 2005, 02:16
I think that a lot of people's problems aren't with the laughable authenticity but the interface and controls. I'm a big fan of realistic wargames, but I'd be willing to tolerate the dumbing down in this game if it had pause-command, decent unit AI and a decent interface - instead we get something on the level of Dune 2.

Now I know there are a lot of Blizzard fans who fetishise micromanagement and call it strategy but I think even for them this will lack appeal.

Zeus Commander
3rd Apr 2005, 03:23
Lollllllllll How Are U All Not Banned From The Forum By Now

The_Russian_Rocket
3rd Apr 2005, 03:34
You can have a great time posting and we look forward to your feedback.

In the rules Zeus.

Czar
3rd Apr 2005, 06:45
HellAngel_666,
I agree with Mercia:

I'm afraid your petition idea will do little more than provide a channel for you to vent some of your frustration.

Now I appreciate that you may have good intentions (you want a kick ass wargame) But, in recent years most Devs just develop what they want regardless Theads like this make no difference at this stage.

In my experience, most demos are fairly representative of the fundamental gameplay to be found in the full version (despite any caveats or statements from the developers/publishers to the contrary). Yes, there will be more units available but this won't alter the underlying game engine or the user interface with which the battles are fought. And with the imminent release of the full version, Imperial Glory is likely to be going gold in the next fortnight. So, the scope for changes - even minor ones - is very small indeed.
And this is almost certainly true.

Some of us attempted to encourage Pyro to allow gamers to Beta the game. They clearly decided that we were wrong and that "professional beta testers" were adequite. Well, we will soon see.
There are already a couple of worrying gaming issues in the Demo Feedback thread (I have not played the demo) about lack of a "HALT!" command and some other issues.
It also concerns me that there was no demo of Naval Battles and it suggests to me that this part of the game is not yet ready.
Also, looking at the stuff that has been released, the Naval portion of the game is no where near the original 'promised' (? 'promised' used loosely) depth with boarding actions and crew etc.
That suggests to me that they are being pushed to a release date.
IMHO that is a mistake - but what do I know? :rolleyes:

So what I'm saying, is judge the game for what it is, not what you'd like it to be.

Now this is the real issue. Elsewhere on the board someone comments that one eyed fans are responsible for the shabby state of the industry.
Well, I would add reviewers to that list. People who write reviews on Pre-released games and a list from the developers of "Stuff the game will have and stuff that will be fixed".

Play the demo. If you don't like it don't buy the game when it is first released.
Wait for PLAYER REVIEWS. Wait to see if there are bugs and gameplay issues.
DO NOT buy based on promised patches / expansions / mods.

If you like the demo then buy it by all means.

This is the only thing that seems to matter to many companies. Sad, but true.

HellAngel_666, you may well be right. But right now Pyro and Eidos think you are wrong. Only the release and profits (or losses) will decide the issue.
And from there (if the game bombs) we will see what, if anything, the two companies will learn.

soverign
3rd Apr 2005, 06:56
wow...i'm I only person here who's not afraid to say - this is one of the most fun games i've played since...a while...sure, it's riddled with problems, the AI in particular needs work, but the core gameplay is AWESOME and completely surpasses all Total War's in my opnion. Yes, I know there will be plenty of replys calling me crazy, but, imho, this is a much more fun game than RTW or any previous TW's (realism just comes along for the ride in my taste)

So i'm all for a bit of constructive critisim, but telling Pyro - "this game sucks" would be completely inaccurate. Some people have different tastes - face it.

BTW, just a quick sidenote, Gonzodave, there is a Pause command...

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2005, 08:26
Uhhh, how about you actually Help and give us a contact email straight to one of the devs rather than try and delay our actions, we will be sending emails to Pyro asking questions, if you would rather have us send it to a address that actually involves the IG team then give us it.

Perhaps you didn't understand the point, that's what we are doing, we will come up with a constructive email then get about 100 people to send it until some-one replys with Constructive answers.

Cant wait to see this email/posting. :)

BANANAMAN
3rd Apr 2005, 08:55
So i'm all for a bit of constructive critisim, but telling Pyro - "this game sucks" would be completely inaccurate. Some people have different tastes - face it.

BTW, just a quick sidenote, Gonzodave, there is a Pause command...

I think what Gonzodave meant was: there is no pause & giving orders during pause option/button in Imperial Glory. :D

logicosmic
3rd Apr 2005, 13:20
How do you know that won't be in the final version when it goes gold? Did you somehow, talk with every single developer? Dude, the develepers read this forum. Which means it could have the pause-command option

"The possession of facts is knowledge, the use of them is wisdom." - Thomas Jefferson

Psycho Pigeon
3rd Apr 2005, 15:45
wow...i'm I only person here who's not afraid to say - this is one of the most fun games

Nah man i find it fun i play the demo for hours just it could be better.

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 16:00
ok this thread is for people who WANT TO SIGN the petition. talk about it in the demo feedback thread.

not to be rude but those who post here have SIGNED!

p.s. if you have complaints your not forced to post here!

soverign
3rd Apr 2005, 16:16
Yep, i've signed :)

AI needs help, or at least needs its movements to be ligitimized - there have been many times when my units would be ordered to attack, would approach, and then would abbruptly turn around and go the other way. There have also been move orders where units would begin to move in the ordered direction, and then would turn around and charge the enemy.
The interface needs to be more informative, i.e. information pop-ups when you mouse over the timer/victory bars etc. that tells helpful information about what it is
I personally don't like a pause-command scheme - it takes me out of the intensity of the experience, and if there is one, then the dev's loose a whole bunch of enemy AI options. I suppose it's ok if there is one though, just as long as it doesn't change other aspects of the game.

All I ask is that the email also detail what is done well, at least hint at it - the sound, the general gameplay, is all very solid

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 16:19
sure thing. first thing i write is how the game is good. you never want to start and demand stuff right off the bat! ;)

Sveland
8th Apr 2005, 22:32
the reason why we are complaining right off the bat is because the game is too horrible

ToXS
11th Apr 2005, 08:31
You are targeting just the one person i.e Pyros, who at the end of the day will just ignore you. Sorry to say that, but they have managed to do that very well so far.

No. If you really want to hurt them, then send your petition to popular Computer magazines, to the editors, to the writers. Now they are the ones who are on the fore lines of promoting the game for the studios.

Honestly if you read in the forums that the game is bad, you just might still buy it. I mean after all aren’t we just a bunch of malcontent gamers? (question to Pyros). But if you pick up a magazine and have a read, and see that the editor gave the game 1 star, or to actually see what is said here repeated in his own words, well then you would by the game against all better judgement.

And that is what hurts a game……A BAD REVIEW

So to practice what I preach, I am sending one email to PC Gamer afet this one. It's up to you if you want to follow.

quantic
11th Apr 2005, 10:28
This guy more than likely works for Creative Assembly or the publisher as he clearly wants to destroy the sales of this game. Do you seriously think a fine magazine like pc gamer is going to be impressed by your utter tripe. Imperial glory is a fine fine game as indicated by the majority of those on this board and by the previews. Maybe it's time you gave up.

HellAngel_666
11th Apr 2005, 10:41
lol i'm in front of my pc at HOME and right now am about to go to SCHOOL. doubt i'm working for CA when in school. ;) riiiiiiight. we all work for CA! HELL! WHERE THE WHOLE COMPANY JUST POSTING TO TICK YOU OFF! lol :rolleyes: NOT

ToXS
11th Apr 2005, 11:08
This guy more than likely works for Creative Assembly or the publisher as he clearly wants to destroy the sales of this game. Do you seriously think a fine magazine like pc gamer is going to be impressed by your utter tripe. Imperial glory is a fine fine game as indicated by the majority of those on this board and by the previews. Maybe it's time you gave up.

Yes I do, and that is why I am so annoyed by the whole Imerial Glory thing. I feel it will undermine the whole of Creative Assembly and put us out of work.

Listen to yourself?!

If I was really from CA then I think I would be encouraging you to buy the game, and not just you, all of you. I would be ranting and raving how great it is, and the graphics and the music, and the gameplay, strategy supreme. And if that failed.......... just dare you! :cool:

Because you see, some lessons are supposed to be learned the hard way, Especially by people like you. :eek:

BANANAMAN
11th Apr 2005, 11:15
You are targeting just the one person i.e Pyros, who at the end of the day will just ignore you. Sorry to say that, but they have managed to do that very well so far.

No. If you really want to hurt them, then send your petition to popular Computer magazines, to the editors, to the writers. Now they are the ones who are on the fore lines of promoting the game for the studios.

Honestly if you read in the forums that the game is bad, you just might still buy it. I mean after all aren’t we just a bunch of malcontent gamers? (question to Pyros). But if you pick up a magazine and have a read, and see that the editor gave the game 1 star, or to actually see what is said here repeated in his own words, well then you would by the game against all better judgement.

And that is what hurts a game……A BAD REVIEW

So to practice what I preach, I am sending one email to PC Gamer afet this one. It's up to you if you want to follow.

Hi there ToXS,

I don't know if you already know it, but pc game magazins published on paper & on internet are mostly PAID by the pc game publishers & developers, so you won't get any listeners there either I'm affraid. :rolleyes:

ToXS
11th Apr 2005, 11:55
Yet another hole blown in my immaculate plan :)

Oh well, guess Pyros is going to get away with it after all.

Czar
11th Apr 2005, 13:38
... pc game magazins published on paper & on internet are mostly PAID by the pc game publishers & developers, ... :rolleyes:

Yup. In Australia the business is almost totally ATARI owned :mad:

Game Imports => Distribution
Magazines & Reviews

ToXS
12th Apr 2005, 08:19
Game has been delayed...???

Could it be that they have actually read some of this stuff...???

I pray and hope, I think we better start another thread of congratulations for Pyros on an exellent game :p