PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Unable to update the game

AnagraRiver
29th Aug 2013, 23:35
Hi all...I am trying to update this game and (maybe) play. I doubt the playing part, but I am able to log in I just cannot update this game. I keep getting an error each and every time I try to update the game and I am always told to restart the game, via error message. Is this due to the server issues I have heard about or something else? Thanks in advance.

SageJMP
30th Aug 2013, 00:24
Make sure everything is set to "run as administrator"

One person said he had to go into the folder and change the properties so that all of the exe's were "run as administrator"

AnagraRiver
30th Aug 2013, 00:35
Make sure everything is set to "run as administrator"

One person said he had to go into the folder and change the properties so that all of the exe's were "run as administrator"

Well that would be a good idea, but I am on the PS3, so I dont think that rule would apply here lol. I just go the game today. I played in the beta a lot, so I am kind of curious why I cant at least update the game.

daddyblacc
30th Aug 2013, 11:08
I play on ps3 also. I had to go into my internet connection and allow cookies. hope that helps.

Kriknos
4th Sep 2013, 12:25
I have tried to run the update 3 times and it has failed 3 times anyone else running into this?

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 12:42
No problems for me, patched two PCs without a problem, patch took less than 10 seconds. What error are you getting? Suggest you try looking at the game forums, if it's a common problem I'm sure there'll be plenty of reports over there by now.

Clay51
4th Sep 2013, 12:44
I Dl'd and installed the updates sucessfully the first try.(Launcher updated, & a 745 meg patch) And was then able to log in to the game on my first attempt as well. I am playing on a PS3.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 13:01
I Dl'd and installed the updates sucessfully the first try.(Launcher updated, & a 745 meg patch) And was then able to log in to the game on my first attempt as well. I am playing on a PS3.

Thanks for letting me know the size, better phone the wife and tell her to update it for me lmao

Teadax
4th Sep 2013, 13:05
I wouldn't call her just yet, it's coming unglued as we speak.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 13:07
I wouldn't call her just yet, it's coming unglued as we speak.

The PS3 update or PC or both?

eltekio
4th Sep 2013, 14:04
SE are just selling smoke to us... where are those f'kn fixes? I started playing a bit early morning, no queues, no errors and all working fine... yeah, it was at a time that 80% EU is working/studing... but oh! Surprise motherf... Now, at a time which all ppl is trying to play, FFF (F'king Final Fantasy) recast all its errors! yeaaaah!! By now I can't press start button... only getting the 2002 error all the time.... SE is really fooling us...

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 14:08
SE is really cheating on us...

With our wives!! No wonder mine is smiling :rolleyes:

eltekio
4th Sep 2013, 14:12
With our wives!! No wonder mine is smiling :rolleyes:

lol sorry, provably that wasn't the correct expression :D I'm not english speaker ^__^
I meant they are fooling us. :lmao:

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 14:14
lol sorry, I meant they are fooling us. :lmao:

Ah, that would explain the jester outfits all the SE employees are wearing at the minute then! :D

eltekio
4th Sep 2013, 14:23
Ah, that would explain the jester outfits all the SE employees are wearing at the minute then! :D
That's it! :D

And now, what a surprise! 3102 error! I'm still logged, I must wait a few minutes... Yeah, I'm still logged, that's the reason why I'm trying to enter the game. I like summoning a doppleganger...¬_¬

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 14:27
Did everyone not get the memo about the new toon skill being unlocked? Doppleganger, allows your toon to be in 2 places at once! (note: one location is in game and 2nd is main menu, toon you get to control will be in the menu).

DonGinoV
28th Nov 2013, 03:16
Ive downloaded A realm reborn for my ps3 and its all installed fine, but when i have to download ffxiv it says unable to download patch files, what do i have to do to fix this problem ?

JaeWyn
29th Nov 2013, 19:23
This is extremely frustrating. I purchased the game yesterday and it still won't update. I've repeatedly retried and troubleshooted numerous times to no success. Is this due to server overload? I need a fix please. I'm wasting days on my 30 day trial and I haven't even gotten into the game yet.

mvkprincey
5th Jan 2014, 07:13
so...since december 4th or so everytime i try to update my FFXIV all i get is an error about halfway through which is very annoying since ive had to pay for last month and this month to try and update it ive read through alot of the posts that ive seen people had issues with and did all the recommended troubleshooting ideas but nothing will work i try at least 5 times a day to update the game can i get any help?

Jahrl_Mirkson
31st Jul 2014, 22:17
So I just bought FFXIV, got it installed, have an account set up... and I can't get the game to update. Specificaly when I get to the "Your account has been set up, please click 'Next' to begin updating the game client." screen when I click on the button I immediately get a pop up window saying that the game has stopped working. No error code so I don't know what's going on. I've turned off the firewall and anti-virus, run it in administrator mode, run it in compatibility mode, turned off read only, all with no effect. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this they would be appreciated.