PDA

View Full Version : Demo - Radeon X800 (pro/XT) and Cat 5.3 Drivers

jaywalker2309
1st Apr 2005, 16:45
ATi released a new driver after we'd put the demo to bed. However it appears the new driver causes an issue on the X800 (Pro/XT) cards.

We've contacted ATI who are working with us to rectify in driver the issue.

However in mean time rolling back to Cat 5.1 or even Cat 4.9 driver will fix the issue.

Once we have a confirmed fix from ATi i'll post again updating people.

Apologises again.

Drewoid13
4th Apr 2005, 03:18
What about RADEON 9800 Pro cards? b/c it doesn't work on mine. and my comp can run RTW at full qualiet

sniggles
5th Apr 2005, 10:54
Hi,

Just quickly wanted to let anyone know that i have a Radeon 9800 pro graphics card and the Catalyst 5.1 driver works with no problems.

Excellent demo by the way - looks like it will be a lot better than 'Cossacks Napoleon Wars' which is also due out soon.

Psycho Pigeon
5th Apr 2005, 14:41
I've got a radeon X850 256mb would these drivers be a good upgrade? i have a radeon 9600XT before and asoon as i installed the drivers i kept getting weird error messages when windows started and when i tried to open the catalyst control centre.

sniggles
5th Apr 2005, 19:57
Hi Psycho Pigeon ( Good Name )

Don't know much about your specific graphic card but the Catalyst drivers should run all graphics cards with no problems.

I usually upgrade to the latest release as soon as they are released ( the current version is 5.3 ) but all my games seem to be running fine with the older 5.1 version so i am sticking with these for now.

The Catalyst drivers are upgraded each month and it is hard to know wether it is worth constantly changing your drivers to keep pace.

They do list any specific game bugs they have fixed with each release - so if there is a game that has been fixed that you have it might be worth upgrading.

Up to you.

Psycho Pigeon
6th Apr 2005, 00:38
Cheers i'll look more into it.

Santelia
7th Apr 2005, 15:52
Please, since I didn't find any demo in the official Imperial Glory website, can you tell me where could I find one?
Thanks, guys.
:confused:

andytimtim
7th Apr 2005, 15:57
Please, since I didn't find any demo in the official Imperial Glory website, can you tell me where could I find one?
Thanks, guys.
:confused:

Try this! (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/imperialglory/downloads.html)

Hope this helps :)

George_Liquor
7th Apr 2005, 18:06
Well i rolled back to Cat. 5.1 as suggested and the demo worked alright, but then brothers in arms didn't work properly. Now don't get me wrong, I do like this game. But if im having to roll back my video drivers just to get it working i like it a whole lot less. Im sure this'll get sorted out in the final release of the full version but i still think it's a bit lax in the meantime to let every Radeon owner suffer in this way (I've an X800 pro myself). I mean let's face it you either have an nvidia card or an ATI card, and if you have an ATI card the chances are you'll want to get the latest catalyst drivers without having to worry about this one single game that can't run with them. Okay so maybe there are other games which experience difficulties with the latest ati drivers, but rebooting without warning after 5 minutes of gameplay? that's a bit much ain't it...So apparently i now have to wait until this thing hits the shelves if i want to play it again, or sacrifice brothers in arms and probably other games in order to play the demo.

And there's no drummer boys. This game definately needs drummer boys. And you can't seem to select multiple units without dragging the mouse (shift key anyone??). What the hell's with that.

Fix that, and the stupid driver issues, and we're definately looking at a cossacks killer.

sniggles
7th Apr 2005, 19:00
Hi George,

Couldn't agree more about the problem of having to roll back to earlier drivers to play this game.

You should not have to do that with any hardware and i understand that the makers of Imperial Glory are working with ATI to ensure the next Catalyst release sorts out this problem.

I am sure this is not a serious problem and it could probably be fixed with a patch in the meantime - heres hoping ( fingers crossed )

On the subject of multiple units you mentioned - you can double click on a specific platoon to select all units of the same type or left click and hold to drag a square around multiple units.

George_Liquor
7th Apr 2005, 20:29
Well im glad someone agrees. I guess im just letting off steam as it's a bit late for a demo patch now and im pretty sure they'll patch/fix the final release. Just that i spent an awful lot of money on this damn videocard only to find that somethings im interested in playing don't work without pissing around with old drivers and other menial things. As for the problem with selecting units my dilemma is thus. So in the demo i wanted to group together 2 grenadier guards and the black watch regiments. But instead of just holding shfit and clicking their lil potraits at the bottom, i could see no way of selecting them all at the same time other than to rearrange them on the field so they were next to each other. by the time i'd done this there was cavalry and cannons and all kinds reigning firey death on us all and i thought it was such a small thing just to add the o-so-common shift function....isn't there any workaround for this??

sukebeboy
8th Apr 2005, 04:59
Any luck with the new 5.4s?

jaywalker2309
8th Apr 2005, 08:42
Well im glad someone agrees. I guess im just letting off steam as it's a bit late for a demo patch now and im pretty sure they'll patch/fix the final release. Just that i spent an awful lot of money on this damn videocard only to find that somethings im interested in playing don't work without pissing around with old drivers and other menial things. As for the problem with selecting units my dilemma is thus. So in the demo i wanted to group together 2 grenadier guards and the black watch regiments. But instead of just holding shfit and clicking their lil potraits at the bottom, i could see no way of selecting them all at the same time other than to rearrange them on the field so they were next to each other. by the time i'd done this there was cavalry and cannons and all kinds reigning firey death on us all and i thought it was such a small thing just to add the o-so-common shift function....isn't there any workaround for this??

Erm you press left shift and click on any icon and they will be added together as a group by then pressing control 1-0 to make them on a hotkey etc..

sukebeboy
8th Apr 2005, 10:25
OK, I just tried the Cat 5.4 drivers. No joy. It reboots my machine just like the 5.3's did.

jaywalker2309
8th Apr 2005, 11:25
OK, I just tried the Cat 5.4 drivers. No joy. It reboots my machine just like the 5.3's did.

Spoke to our ATI guy, the fix is done, BUT just missed release for 5.4.. 5.5 looks like should be the one to look out for, or a beta driver post 5.4

oldroddy
9th Apr 2005, 09:58
Spoke to our ATI guy, the fix is done, BUT just missed release for 5.4.. 5.5 looks like should be the one to look out for, or a beta driver post 5.4
AHh,just installed the 5.4,s 30 minutes ago,will wait for the next release before trying the demo again,i hope all works well,i really want to buy and enjoy the full version,and ensure a success all round :cool:
x800xt gpu BTW.

Drewoid13
12th Apr 2005, 19:19
So what ATI drivers work? and what doesn't?

jaywalker2309
12th Apr 2005, 21:16
So what ATI drivers work? and what doesn't?

If you are willing to backdate your drivers. 5.1 works fine.

Drewoid13
13th Apr 2005, 23:20
yea, i'm willing to, but where can i get em? i only found 5.2 so far (i'm in the US if it makes a difference)

sniggles
14th Apr 2005, 01:01
Hi Drewoid13,

You can find the official Catalyst 5.1 older drivers at www.ati.com

Then;

Clic on "Drivers and Software" at the top

Then in left hand panel only;

Clic on the positive (+) symbol to open up "Drivers and Software"

Then "Windows XP"

Then "Radeon" (or whatever graphics card you have)

Then "Previous Drivers and Software"

HEY PRESTO! The 5.1 driver link is shown in right hand panel.

I am using this driver with all my games at the moment with not a single problem. Imperial Glory Demo runs perfectly. Have fun. Let us know on here if all works out for you.

Drewoid13
14th Apr 2005, 20:35
Thanks Sniggles, I got the drivers, but i'm still getting the error saying the demo can't find "DemoImperialGlory.exe"

jaywalker2309
18th May 2005, 14:04
Cat 5.5 drivers (http://www.ati.com/home/online/CatalystXPdriver.html)

If running ATI hardware, its advised you run these drivers - They were created by ATI with a known fix for the game.