PDA

View Full Version : WTF have you made?

d3v
1st Apr 2005, 13:22
Hello, I'm the one that was preaching how ***** this game would be ages ago and it seems I was right.

Developers, answer me how in the ***** can you have such an oppertunity and waste it by making something so ***** that it nearly ade me cry?

Just how can u waste such an amzing oppertunity?

Who's the development leader? Sack the b*stard... is he on drugs?

I know if I were head of development, I'd of made something that would of outclassed this pile of ***** 10fold.

Even the sounds are crap... oh god I'm not going to even go any further.

What a pile of bloody ***** you fools have made.....*****ers.

Psycho Pigeon
1st Apr 2005, 15:21
What the hell were your expectations?.

d3v
1st Apr 2005, 15:52
What the hell were your expectations?.

I cant say I was expecting it to be any good but what it should of been is an historicially accurate, realistic, authentic game that portrayes combat as it actually was.

Everything in this game is a pile of stinking ***** and Pyro are a bunch of *****ers for making it as ***** as they have.

Mike_B
1st Apr 2005, 16:16
I know if I were head of development, I'd of made something that would of outclassed this pile of ***** 10fold.

Thank god you're not.

Even the sounds are crap... oh god I'm not going to even go any further.

Indeed you won't, you were warned numerous times, it's over.

Teuvo
1st Apr 2005, 16:36
What is wrong with these guys? Nobody said this should be total realistic game experience. I think demo was just great! Easy to control good sounds, gameplay and graphics... of course there is some little bugs but that's normal!
special + for music their as good as in Commandos series :)

Mike_B
1st Apr 2005, 16:39
It's called a troll. Just ignore it, it will go away.

HellAngel_666
1st Apr 2005, 23:50
it's called BAN! and he'll go away. though he does make some valid points. sound is pretty bad... and it gliches like it was it's job/ (made to).

needs another 3 months of PROGRAMING and then some beta and debugging. who ever did debug it should never be asked to debug another game.

OprahAteMyBaby
2nd Apr 2005, 17:31
This game is terrible, although I did not agree with the way he stated his opinions, no need for anger.

The point is the Devs need to get on the ball, if this is the game they've been making for the past two years, I am truly dissapointed. This game couldnt hold the attention of a 5 year old, 10 minute battles with only 300 men!? That's not the Napoleonic wars, that's just some stupid RTS click fest.

sqall
2nd Apr 2005, 19:19
Game? You havnt played THE game, only the demo. You cant complain about the whole game when youve only played 2 battles.

Gonzodave
2nd Apr 2005, 20:50
Game? You havnt played THE game, only the demo. You cant complain about the whole game when youve only played 2 battles.

It's 27 days from release. Do you really think they're going to redo the entire game mechanics and interface?

OprahAteMyBaby
2nd Apr 2005, 22:31

You're an idiot.

2 battles. Battles in the actual game as far as we know are going to be exactly like this, how much could they change? You're the guy that's going around, "Oh they're going to add more dont worry, this is spectacular!"

You have no proof they're going to add more at all, this could very well be the end result, they've never given any guarantees at all.

Your two battles comment is retarded, how much could the battles in the game change? Land battles will be on land, there'll be houses, trees, infantry, cavalry, artillery, I mean this is basically the game, unless they somehow change the title of the game to Space Marine glory, and make it sci-fi. Face it man, this game right now blows.

sick
3rd Apr 2005, 00:05
Your two battles comment is retarded, how much could the battles in the game change? Land battles will be on land, there'll be houses, trees, infantry, cavalry, artillery, I mean this is basically the game, unless they somehow change the title of the game to Space Marine glory, and make it sci-fi. Face it man, this game right now blows.

How can you ever say this is basicly the game without having had a taste of the other features from the full game, like management and naval battles. I think your comment is retarded, idiot.

Now, we can have endless discussions here, and everyone thinks he's right, but so far I can only agree with Willmore:

I'll wait for final release, demos just don't do it for me.

I can't agree more with you, Willmore. No-one can give his final comments after he or she had a good taste of all features from the full game.

The_Russian_Rocket
3rd Apr 2005, 00:19
This is the most poorly thought out, desperate and child-like post I have seen on these forums. You have done it again d3v. Why even take the time to play the demo if you ruled earlier (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=47669) that the game would be bad?

And its Opportunity

cutter3377
6th Apr 2005, 06:54
i cant believe the emotions this game has brought out in people and the rudeness of their replies.If you dont like the game dont buy it ,but there is gamers out there that arent as fussy and finnicky as you hardcore war buffs ,that appreciate the game as it is with just a couple fixes that could probably be fixed with a patch later.If they postpone the release because of all your whingeing i will be extremely pissed off .

ToXS
6th Apr 2005, 08:20
Yep Eidos have done it once again, the sound of praise recently in this forum is just overwhelming.

Sorry I don't care what some people say, but it would seem that you will get no better than this.

Although if you look into the Lordz blatant advertizment in the posts, there is hope yet? And hey maybe even it's not that blatant, maybe its what we all need to regain....a good 1812 game and a little hope.

Guevara
6th Apr 2005, 14:45
woh woh i thought this game was cool. WHat the hell is so bad about it? Sure there are some bugs and some things missing, but you never know. Hopefully they'll add a "Stand ground" command cuzz thats what im worried about. And the features sound great, i hope the AI diplomacy lives up to what they say (unlike RTW) and we can really gain territories thru peaceful negotiations. The game isnt perfect, but what game is, surely there are bugs and stuff. What the hell did u want? I played the Cossacks demo and that thing SUCKED, this is muuuch better. I believe its historical accuracy is decent enough. Jeez.

and by the way, the devs havent really been keeping up posted with a lotta news or anything, so this game could still have a few good surprises with the final release date

HellAngel_666
6th Apr 2005, 21:29
some times i think if it isn't just one guy who keeps post it's really good. cause to me it's CRAP! but then again if some people don't care then they could like it. but how so many people lik eit is a mistery to me

Emperor Asrailius
6th Apr 2005, 23:29
What is your problem. I thought this was an excellent addition to the video gaming community. Imperial Glory may not live up to the kind of fame that is possessed by the Total War series, but it is still very promising.

I am a strategy gamer to the core. I have the entire Total War, Stronghold, Homeowlrd, and Starcraft series, but I have not wanted any of these games more than I want IG. d3v is a fool who doesnt know what he is talking about. The demo is still fun to play, even though there are only two maps. The graphics might not be as good as RTW, but they are still better than most strategies that i have played.

stop slandering a promising title, and let us have our fun without you ruining it for the rest of us. :mad:

Sveland
7th Apr 2005, 04:10
I'm quite dissapointed with the sounds, hopefully there will be more additions before release, nevertheless there are still bugs to fix and such. I just hope that a stand ground option will be implamented or else i'm not buying this game. (sorry to sound so cruel, but I want my men to stay where they are!)

ToXS
7th Apr 2005, 08:36
You see what the issue is?!

Read the posts everyone is hoping not to be dissapointed, after playing the DEMO!!!

I hate to say, but I have to say it...things are looking rather glum. Because if EIDOS is still going to stick to their deadline then we are in for even more dissapointment.

I must thank you all, because for once, I will let you make up my mind for me "to buy or not to buy".

It is just mysterious though that no one from the dev. team has tried to rebuke any of the points that I made about the game. So mybe the admin should just send them a snippet of this conversation....

krazed
7th Apr 2005, 10:50
personaly i like the demo, the only thing im not fond of is the men flee so easily and the entire line turns just to fire at 2 men... but apart from that i dont mind it

Czar
7th Apr 2005, 15:13
You see what the issue is?!

Read the posts everyone is hoping not to be dissapointed, after playing the DEMO!!!

I hate to say, but I have to say it...things are looking rather glum. Because if EIDOS is still going to stick to their deadline then we are in for even more dissapointment.

It is just mysterious though that no one from the dev. team has tried to rebuke any of the points that I made about the game. So mybe the admin should just send them a snippet of this conversation....

Nicely said.

Unfortunately this looks likely to become one of those games that is forced onto the shelves when only 90% done. This forum will become packed with people ranting about many of the things people are already ranting about from the demo.
What concerns me is that the Naval portion was not in the demo... this suggests to me it is not (was not) finished in time for the demo. That means the Devs will have been totally busy with that since then if the release date is supposed to be this quarter.

When will companies learn not to set these "release dates" and get trapped by them?
Tell gamers "it will be ready when it's ready - and it is GOOD!".
We will understand. Because we want to play good games - not games that you pushed out by the release date - ready or not.

Still, maybe IG will be the best game ever? Here's hoping. :)

Mike_B
7th Apr 2005, 16:08
When will companies learn not to set these "release dates" and get trapped by them?
Tell gamers "it will be ready when it's ready - and it is GOOD!".
We will understand. Because we want to play good games - not games that you pushed out by the release date - ready or not.

You'll understand but you will probably be in the minority. Just look at the 25 for life forum to see what reaction a delay caused. Not that that should be a reason not to delay a game if it's necessary.

sick
7th Apr 2005, 16:54
You'll understand but you will probably be in the minority. Just look at the 25 for life forum to see what reaction a delay caused. Not that that should be a reason not to delay a game if it's necessary.

Yeah, and remember the delay of Shellshock NAM '67? That was crazy!!

Sveland
7th Apr 2005, 23:13
look after reading most of d3v's complaints I'm beginning to believe he's completely right. They better put in at LEAST half the stuff people have been complaining about or else this game wont make any money.

Czar
8th Apr 2005, 00:35

Yeah. It seems most GAMERS do disagree with me. They would rather have Buggy and unplayable games too. :confused:
Then they flock to forums in their thousands to cry and whinge...
Then they abandon the game and move to another forum (of an as yet un released game) and start screaming "RELEASE DATE!...RELEASE DATE!... RELEASE DATE!"

When will the whole industry (Customers included) wake up to itself? :mad:

IndomitusAquila
8th Apr 2005, 01:44
I've been around for a while and reading some of the comments, and I just thought that having read the comments and having played the demo (well, just Hanover, but whatever) I'll give my 2 cents. Basically, I think it all comes down to this, Imp. Glory is a game designed for people like me. I'm not a hardcore gamer by any stretch of the imagination, the newest games I own are Warcraft 3 and Red Alert 2 (though I do have my brother's copy of Praetorians right now). This game is designed for people like me, because, simply put, we're not tactical geniuses, and while we do want some historical accuracy, if a few things are off, we'll let it slide, no big deal. I enjoyed the demo, and while my knowledge of the Napoleonic era isnt exceptional, I do understand that some tactical matters are...wrong in the game. Why? For gameplay? I dont know. But I was entertained by the game and thats all I've got to say.

langmann
8th Apr 2005, 03:11
I've been around for a while and reading some of the comments, and I just thought that having read the comments and having played the demo (well, just Hanover, but whatever) I'll give my 2 cents. Basically, I think it all comes down to this, Imp. Glory is a game designed for people like me. I'm not a hardcore gamer by any stretch of the imagination, the newest games I own are Warcraft 3 and Red Alert 2 (though I do have my brother's copy of Praetorians right now). This game is designed for people like me, because, simply put, we're not tactical geniuses, and while we do want some historical accuracy, if a few things are off, we'll let it slide, no big deal. I enjoyed the demo, and while my knowledge of the Napoleonic era isnt exceptional, I do understand that some tactical matters are...wrong in the game. Why? For gameplay? I dont know. But I was entertained by the game and thats all I've got to say.

Yeah but wouldn't it be a lot cooler if you could also learn something from a game on top of having fun? I think a game that is both realistic and tactically challenging could also be fun for you and you never know what you might discover a liking for...

HellAngel_666
8th Apr 2005, 19:30
wouldn't it ALSO be cool if you got what the devs PROMISED?! and IG was a RTS where you could REALLY CONTROL your units? to me it would be nice as thats what RTS's are and the dev promised!

Lindkvist
8th Apr 2005, 20:09
wouldn't it ALSO be cool if you got what the devs PROMISED?! and IG was a RTS where you could REALLY CONTROL your units? to me it would be nice as thats what RTS's are and the dev promised!

The difficulty of controling the units is the real time games biggest problem but made properly I prefer real time over turn based games, tactical level that is. :)

IndomitusAquila
8th Apr 2005, 21:47
Langmann. You've got a great point, definately, but its really not a huge deal to me either you know? Maybe thats just me. *shrug* As far as difficulty (and gameplay for that matter) goes, I'm really not sure how to put it, maybe its just that I dont have a lot to compare it to...I mean, heck I'm still known to play Commander Keen fairly often. :D To drive that point home, I'll also mention that my older brother owns both a Playstation 2 and an Xbox, me, I still use the Sega Genesis!