PDA

View Full Version : Ai visibility and Tow questions

John D.
30th Mar 2005, 19:41
I'm struggling to get my FM closer to an official beta test, but I still have a little way to go. :)

Some questions:

1. I have some ai that radiate dynamic light which has the side effect of making them impossible to see by opposing ai, I recall hearing you could reset the visibility properties in the ai->utility area, but what would be the ideal setting to make them equally visible?

2. In my set of objectives I plan to have a couple of invisible ones, like for instance goal 2 (go to a certian area) would be triggered by reading a book with a stdbutton script added on-I assume this would be linked to a quest var trap? What command do I have to type in the trap screen to make it visible?

3. If a make getting a certian key an objective, will I have to add any special properties to it to make it check off on the objective screen? :)

R_Soul
30th Mar 2005, 20:40
1. I have some ai that radiate dynamic light which has the side effect of making them impossible to see by opposing ai, I recall hearing you could reset the visibility properties in the ai->utility area, but what would be the ideal setting to make them equally visible?
Instead of putting the DL property on the AI, you could put it on a Marker and link the AI to it with a CreatureAttach link. Set the Joint to Abdomen.

2. I assume this would be linked to a quest var trap?
Yes. The command that you use would be =1:goal_visible_2

Make sure that there is no period of time (even a fraction of a second) where the only visible goals are optional or reverse.

3. If a make getting a certian key an objective, will I have to add any special properties to it to make it check off on the objective screen?
Probably not. Unlike loot (the main purpose of Special flags), keys don't combine by type, but by their KeySrc property.
Make sure the 'Inventory > Can't Drop This' property is checked.

John D.
31st Mar 2005, 17:58
Great! The objectives seem to work fine now (just had to remember VictoryCheck script for Garrett again :o ). Now it's time to put in some more detail, music and ai, looking good so far *crosses fingers*. :cool: