PDA

View Full Version : Union Flag

njruk
30th Mar 2005, 15:27
Don't want to nitpick, but the Union Flag shown in the screenshots is wrong. The red 'X' was added and adopted in 1801.

I think there are possibly one or two other rather slopy bits of research here too! There aren't any great games on Napoleon, as there should be, so I think it is a shame to make one that isn't as tight as it could be...

Nick

HellAngel_666
30th Mar 2005, 20:55
they had a quote ... (for got it something like)... we had forum theads aruguing about the cannon wheel colours, so far our skins arn't changing... anyways the game is going AS IS! note that they have 1 month to ship it out... meaning that the game is DONE NOW! and that they will lspend there time making copys of the game to ship.

sorry for being exsasperated but whats done is done ;) you know

Dread_lahll
30th Mar 2005, 23:52
I dont think it would be possible to get everything right down to the tinyist detail; And I prefer playability over such detail.

IKirov
31st Mar 2005, 01:56
I believe that the timeframe of the game is from 1790 or so to 1830. 10 years...give or take. The important thing is that the relatively uninformed, uninterested gamer recognize the flag. But I agree with you. Would be cool if the flags would change at and after 1801, but doubtful.

sammobrownie
31st Mar 2005, 10:12
In some screenshots i have seen on the official website (http://www.imperialglory.com/main.htm) (the one in the bottom right) there is no red 'X' in the flag so they have done what you requested allready.

JABBA
31st Mar 2005, 12:08
In some screenshots i have seen on the official website (http://www.imperialglory.com/main.htm) (the one in the bottom right) there is no red 'X' in the flag so they have done what you requested allready.

njruk is presumably complaining about the fact that the red cross is absent from the British flag in the game.

It could be argued, of course, that the screenshots relate to the period before 1801. In that case, though, the uniforms are wrong.

Well, not quite wrong. The shako headgear was introduced in 1800, while the flag was changed in 1801. So for one year in 1800 the two coincided.

I agree the post-1801 flag would be better. Like having the soldiers wear shakos rather than 18th century hats and pigtails.

andytimtim
1st Apr 2005, 18:53
that they have 1 month to ship it out...... meaning that the game is DONE NOW!

What makes you say the game is done? If true, then I'am very happy...but aren't demo's made and released to give the Dev's some clues on what needs to be done, added in?

HellAngel_666
1st Apr 2005, 23:56
lol i'v never played a demo BEFORE the game... kinda new thing for me. i always hear it from other people when they buy it and then i test the demo. i don't know but your probably right on that one.

Cro_Knight
3rd Apr 2005, 04:25
r we talkin bout the english union jack

Bernard
3rd Apr 2005, 05:47
r we talkin bout the english union jack

English, Scottish and Irish (the red X) Union Jack/Flag, I think...