PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

Webrider
29th Mar 2005, 03:42
To really shine this game should have the campaign game multiplayer... at least by 2 players. I don't care to fight a single battle multiplayer...I've never played the Total War series much multiplayer .. there just is nothing at stake unless its part of a larger campaign. Just my opinion and at this stage of development not much chance of adding it .. Maybe an expansion.. but if they really wanted to top the TW series that would be how to do it.. Naval battles are a nice touch .. but again vs the computer .. big deal.

Dread_lahll
30th Mar 2005, 00:33
Well, in response to Web, I dont care to play this game in single player, nor in multi-player campaign, only multiplayer battles, (and I did thus to a great extent in Shogun and Medieval). A true test of skill is aginst a human opponent who has an army of equill value, not one that is inferior in number or quality as is most likely to happen in campaign games. And you error greatly in your assumption " nothing at stake", indeed the reverse is true, nothing is at stake in a campaign when you can go aginst some-one with hugh advantages in numbers and quality of troops. But everything is at stake in a battle where the enemies army is a match for you own and the out-come is in doubt.

HellAngel_666
30th Mar 2005, 02:32
well theres no multi-player campain "search in previews." also you right dread Iahll beacue the comp is no match for humans... only real people

Webrider
13th Apr 2005, 00:28
those uneven battles you let the computer fight .. you only fight the interesting ones in multiplayer ;) otherwise it would take forever.