PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Siege Series

member_10263965
3rd Jun 2012, 00:58
I just bought Dungeon Seige III and it included a product registration card that tells me to go to members.square-enix.com/na/ (http://members.square-enix.com/na/) but when I go there, it brings me to the main site. I can't find any link or anything telling me where to register my game, and doing a search brings nothing.
The card says to get rewarded by registering, but why do you guys make it so hard? Can someone please tell me how to do it?

Popcicle
3rd Jun 2012, 01:07
Hey DarqueDragon143,

Registering games is as simple as before. Simply click your profile (either the name or avatar image on the top left of the page) then on your My Site page look under my activities for "game registration" click it, and enter your code on the next screen.

The URL (for you) looks something like this:

na.square-enix.com/145167517/game/regist... (http://na.square-enix.com/145167517/game/registration)

member_10740464
5th Jul 2012, 14:01
Hello SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS! how are you today everyone? I hope everything is just fine with you and all, you can always send friend requests or messeges to me at anytime and ask anything you want help with or to know about, you're always warmly welcome! ^_^

In this thread, we're going to talk about an action role-playing game, which is "Dungeon Siege III" published by Square Enix and developed by Obsidian Entertainment, this game was released in 2011 for Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3), a downloadable content (DLC) "Treasure of the Sun" is available on PlayStation Network (Store). ^.^

This is my review of "Dungeon Siege III" in the 5 main game elements: Story, Graphics, Sound, Gameplay and Overall Rank Title. ^_^

>.< !May Contain Spoilers! >.<

1- Story: The game returns to the Kingdom of Ehb, which already featured as the setting of the first two games. Roughly 150 years after the events of Dungeon Siege, the 10th Legion, who provided stability and protection for the kingdom for 400 years, has almost completely been wiped out. 30 years before the game's setting, Jeyne Kassynder rallied the people of eastern Ehb and the Azunite Church against the Legion who she blamed for the death of the king (her father). Following a long and brutal campaign, she managed to kill the entire remnant of the Legion in a battle in the Rukkenvahl Forest and the royalist army of young Queen Roslyn has been driven deep into the mines of Glitterdelve, losing almost all of their power. A small group of legionnaires remained, led by a man calling himself the Venerable Odo, a former Legion spy. He kept descendants of the Legion safe from Kassynder and, at the beginning of Dungeon Siege III, called them to meet in order to regroup the Legion. The player character arrives to find the meeting place attacked by mercenaries of Kassynder's. With the help of Marten Guiscard, another Legion descendant, the player tracks down Odo at a former Legion safehouse. After hearing what happened, the player sets out to find other survivors and information on the attacks. After fighting more of Jeyne's mercenaries, the player travels to Stonebridge City, to reopen the grand chapter-house there. On the way to Stonebridge, they help a group of royalist soldiers fighting Jeyne Kassynder. ^_^

2- Graphics: The enviroments are in a stunning 3D, the cutscenes are still images animated with hand drawings, the colors of everything is like a pure water to the eyes, the lights and the shadows are well detailed, the characters, objects and visuals are sweet. ^.^

3- Sound: The sound effects are excellent and nice, the voice acting is pretty cool and realistic, the music is awesome and very similar to those in some classic Holywood history movies, it scored by Jason Graves and Timothy Michael Wynn. ^_^

4- Gameplay: The player can choose from one of four characters who have different back-stories and who seek to reestablish the 10th Legion and fight Jeyne Kassynder for control of Ehb. The background is based in a fantasy medieval world with geographic variety in open and closed environments (dungeons). Following an ambush by Kassynder's forces in the beginning, the player character will travel through Ehb in order to fulfill their goals. As the game progresses and different quests are completed, the other three characters will first meet and then join the player character. Depending on which character the player chose, some events encounters might be subtly changed (for example, while Lucas, Anjali and Reinhart will meet Katarina for the first time in the town of Raven's Rill helping them, players who chose to play as Katarina will meet a non-player character serving the same purpose) and the lines of dialogue are altered to fit the character's back-story. Unlike the previous games in the series, the player can only choose a single one of the three non-player characters to accompany them at a time, although they can exchange them immediately via the game's menu at any point of the game. The companion character will be controlled by the game's AI but can be seamlessly controlled by a second player through the game's online feature. Using the multiplayer feature, up to four players can play the campaign together. Each character has two different styles of fighting, each to handle different situations. For example, the character of Lucas can wield a two-handed sword to damage a lot of enemies at once but with less protection or use a one-handed sword and shield to fight against single strong enemies or to block attacks. In addition, there are three different special abilities for each stance that require "focus", the game's equivalent to magic points, to use. The amount of focus required varies based on the ability used. Each of those abilities has a improved version available after meeting certain conditions, such as using the skill a certain number of times. There are also three different passive abilities (such as healing, increased armor etc.). The improved versions of the attack abilities and the passive abilities use a different system of power spheres. All improved and passive abilities will deplete such a sphere. Both the focus points and the spheres are refilled by fighting enemies. While amount of focus available will always be a maximum of 100%, the player will start with only one sphere and gain three additional ones at key points of the plot, regardless of their level or experience points. Additionally, each character has ten different skills they can increase at each level reached, allowing them to improve their attacks, get bonus effects when being hit, etc. Each of the four characters features nine different sets of equipment, meaning that (with the exception of rings) no piece of equipment can be used by multiple characters. It also features an "transmute item" mode, allowing the player to transmute their items into their worth in gold instantly from the items menu without having to sell them to a shop (although transmutation will yield a lower price). Unlike the previous games in the series, Dungeon Siege III features a new control system. The game no longer features an automatic targeting system and point-and-click mechanics. Instead, the player moves their character using the keyboard or a controller and has to point the character in the direction of the enemies they want to fight and then press the attack button to fight. The game uses a display engine that makes the entire experience seamless by constantly loading required game scenes in the background. This way, the game does not need any load screens often found in other games. ^.^

5- Overall Rank Title: For me personally, that will be {GREAT} ^.^ Here's a video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy7sxyxa1do&feature=related (/go/thread/create/139251/234327/www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy7sxyxa1do&feature=related)

^.^ This is the end of my review thread, thank you so much for reading and feel free to add your posts ^.^

Fizzable
6th Aug 2012, 12:26
Hello Square Enix Members! I am looking for fellow raiders for Dungeon Siege 3. I recently purchased this game on Steam and have been playing however I am stuck on a witch in the dungeon. I am only level 2 and it proves to be a challenge at all angles. Is there anyone available to join me on my quest for a little while until I get the hang of this game? Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. - Fizz.

Aidan
8th Sep 2012, 03:24
First off, Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Dungeon siege 1 and 2 are both included if you download the dungeon siege complete pack on Steam. Unfortunatly, their expansion packs, Legends of Aranna and Broken World are not included and there is currently no way to legally download these add-ons. It would be great if Square could put the expansion packs up for sale on Steam and provide people with a way to buy them. They're already finnised products and are compatible with modern systems so it would take Square very littly effort to put them up for sale.

Odds are Square Enix employees aren't even going to read this but I figured their official forums would be the best place to ask.

EDIT: while Im here, Hitman: Contracts is also unavailable for purchase On Steam even though all of the other Hitman games are sold there. It would be great if we could complete the collection. Just some whishful thinking/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

Grimoire
8th Sep 2012, 16:12
No, this is the correct forum to post anything related to [DUNGEON SIEGE].
You might, however, also want to contact the [SQUARE ENIX Support Center]: support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=1373&la=1)
[Contact Category = Game Contents]
[Contact Sub-category = Downloads]

PAiNWAV3
14th Feb 2013, 10:24
Hello Square Enix Members! I am looking for fellow raiders for Dungeon Siege 3. I recently purchased this game on Steam and have been playing however I am stuck on a witch in the dungeon. I am only level 2 and it proves to be a challenge at all angles. Is there anyone available to join me on my quest for a little while until I get the hang of this game? Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. - Fizz.

hey hey ;)
here is a nice hint that can take u all the way up to the end whitout any troubble

press start on another controller and with 2 players walk to the first save point
then save game and load it again with only 1 controller ;)

now you will have a mate by your side always (it may not be a very smart ai but it sure is helpfull)
wich will also level and u can choose abilitys and talents when he or she levels

goodluck have fun

PAiNWAV3
14th Feb 2013, 11:02
first!....the ladys are overpowered

if you are playing normal mode ALWAYS use up all your focus and power (even when there is no enemys)

thatway you get ability mastery at 50% of game and can still enjoy them (try get all on mastery "empowered" )

when you playing hardcore its not recommended (since hardcore makes only give less dmg take more...also drops are same as on normal)

using abilitys will charge power (those round circles you need for L2 abilitys and R2 X / R2 ability mastery)

get allot DEEDS since they add to stats!

shops (save and reload to get other items in shop) (or save all money for final shop)

getting the expansion is a nice idea.....but
dont expect the endboss at the forest to put up a big fight when you are lv35 and wearing enchanted gear
also the expansion offers player reset >reset talents & abilitys will cost 20.000

low on cash? just go back to 1 of your last places you visited and kill/ pickup drops

DO NOT dissasemble gear! always sell at shops! get you allot more cash...unless u got expansion and wanna get essence

PAiNWAV3
27th Feb 2013, 12:35
hello dungeon siege 3 players
free to add me xplizit__
2x _

ps. im from holland gmt+1

anywayz
i made this topic for if anyone got any gameplay hints or need help on something
just reply with whatever u need
just wanna talk about the game this is the place
just reply your ps3 name here if u want receive friend reqeust to play online with people

sure do hope TOTS is not the last dlc we see for this game....
i playd out this game with all characters (only on reinhart i was second player offline mode)
and i completely finished all qeust even the expansion qeust so i could help if you are stuck somewhere
i did not play allot online but ...there seems to be a shortage of online players...so thats what im trying here

square_phoenix
27th Feb 2013, 13:12
Cool :3

jamesthemaxwell
6th Apr 2013, 17:55
For the everything you guys hold dear, can't you please, please make a patch for this game and fix that horrible camera angle so we can see whats in front of us.. I just recieved it as a gift from a friend and i thought it would be a great game to play (i used to love the first Dungeon Siege game) After i installed it i noticed, THE GOD DAMN CAMERA ANGLE WONT CHANGE! Camera angle is fixated to the ground, and no matter what you can't change it more than a few degrees.. Which is not enough to see whats in front of you.. All you can see is the god damned floor! Was it really that hard to put a free camera? Almost every Dungeon Siege 3 trailer showed camera behind player, which is a function game doesn't have.. (which is a function that killed the game..) Yes, i'm slightly upset, and i know Square Enix will not fix this, simply because they don't give a damn about their costumers.. And i'm sure they wonder why their game didn't sell.. (they will claim it sold a lot or enough, which it did not)

LordOzonai
17th Dec 2014, 01:46
Hello! I am the administrator Siege ZoneMatch, fan site Dungeon Siege. As far as I know Square Enix at the moment is the owner of Dungeon Siege. According to numerous requests of fans of the game Dungeon Siege: Legends of aranna of our fan site Siege ZoneMatch decided to start ZoneMatch. In this connection we refer to the current holders Dungeon Siege with a request to provide us with the server of the game Dungeon Siege: Legends of aranna of or the source code. On behalf of our fan site and all lovers DS:LoA would be very thankful to You for your understanding and assistance in this matter.

Grimoire
17th Aug 2015, 18:26
Steam Daily Deal

Get 75% off the Dungeon Siege franchise (http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=Dungeon+Siege) in the Steam Daily Deal!
- Here today, gone tomorrow!

LordOzonai
22nd Aug 2015, 08:28
Hello! Since that time, when I contacted the support Square Enix for the source or a game server for Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna, I unfortunately did not answer my question.... Support Square Enix then I wrote that redirects my question to "superiors" But I still have not received a reply from them. I don't know what to do, I write a lot of fans of Dungeon Siege with a request to access the server of the game Legends of Aranna. Help me please in this matter, this is a very important question for most fans of Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna.