PDA

View Full Version : mic problem theory

khabz
20th Mar 2005, 21:47
(PS2)
ok i've been playing a lot now and i've noticed that when the mic stops working in the middle of the game, someone's mic indicator (red arrow above the head) is usually blinking non-stop. i dont think they are talking because i cant hear them and it seems to blink the whole time. maybe their mics have blocked everybody else's from working because the game thinks his mic is still open.

-PK-LeaDeR
20th Mar 2005, 23:55
thats a really good theory. but how do we fix it?

Wheelchairboy
21st Mar 2005, 00:32
i've actually had my mic stick like that a couple of times so I thought the same way...the indicator stayed on my screen and I didn't have the button pressed but I couldn't talk either.

This happened to me while I was trying to speak and I got killed...could it be a bug?

.SPACE.
21st Mar 2005, 06:01
i've actually had my mic stick like that a couple of times so I thought the same way...the indicator stayed on my screen and I didn't have the button pressed but I couldn't talk either.

This happened to me while I was trying to speak and I got killed...could it be a bug?

Sup wheelcharboy!!

You are all right try and remember if you were the last person talking when the mics lock. If you were and you reconnect to the server it will fix the problem.

Same as in KillZone for those of you that have it!

khabz
21st Mar 2005, 17:41
did they ever fix the problem in killzone? i hope they do fix it here. or maybe it cant be fixed with a patch?

Wheelchairboy
21st Mar 2005, 22:38
yea come to think of there have been times when the mics come back on after being off for a while...that person could have left the server.

at least we kind of understand how it happens :)

.SPACE.
23rd Mar 2005, 18:54
did they ever fix the problem in killzone? i hope they do fix it here. or maybe it cant be fixed with a patch?

It has never been fixed on KZ or Socom and I don't think its a problem that can be patched out. What would help is adding an indicator with the players names so people could see whos locked it up easy and let them know.

How you could let them know is beyond me...would be some sort of...strange....your mic is locked dance.