PDA

View Full Version : Take a nap, 25 to life DELAYED

IKSRTFO
12th Mar 2005, 09:32
Tomb Raider, Hitman: Blood Money, and 25 TO LIFE delayed

Three of Eidos' heaviest hitters won't see store shelves until July--at the earliest.
Today, Eidos issued one of the dreariest financial reports in its history. After the UK-based publisher reported a six-month loss of 26.5 million pounds ($51 million), its stock plummet to a record low, at one point scraping the bottom at a meager 40p ($0.77) per share.

As bad as Eidos' dismal earnings were, the news grew worse. The company also revealed the next installments in two of its marquee franchises--Hitman: Blood Money and the seventh Tomb Raider--won't be propping up its balance sheet any time soon. Besides citing financing and development reasons, Eidos said the delay was to made because of the "desire to optimize the timing of release of certain key franchises."

The Eidos statement said its "Board has decided to move the scheduled next iteration release of Lara Croft Tomb Raider (name to be shortly announced) and Hitman: Blood Money, together with 25 to Life and Just Cause (both new IP), out of the last quarter of this financial year."

As Eidos' financial year ends on June 30, that means all four games mentioned won't appear until July 2005 on the regular calendar--at the earliest. Previously, Hitman: Blood Money was scheduled for a "Spring 2005" release, retailers listed 25 to Life with a tentative May ship date. Previously, Just Cause only had a "2005" release date. Eidos had made a point of keeping the next Tomb Raider's release date a secret, but the publisher of a comic book based on the game said it was due this coming summer.

Really really sucks. oh well what are ya gonna do.

M4A1 Gangsta
12th Mar 2005, 11:07
That really really really suck's, I hate when we have to suffer. :eek: :mad:

MAcSandNinEs
12th Mar 2005, 20:32
Im really getting sick of eidos. Technically, it was supposed to come out 3 months ago. It was scheduled fora early january release. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

M4A1 Gangsta
13th Mar 2005, 02:08
Yea, I hate that :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Michael Bolton
13th Mar 2005, 18:16
that sucks maybe its not true we can only hope

RaNsOm
14th Mar 2005, 02:06
Well i was hoping for rainbow six lockdown but that got delayed too. So i guess i'll pick up Brothers in arms or something. I dont know.

JKrunK27
17th Mar 2005, 04:41
#### this game i quit first it was supposed to come out in march now june?? forget it im not gonna wait that long

IKSRTFO
19th Mar 2005, 07:30
#### this game i quit first it was supposed to come out in march now june?? forget it im not gonna wait that long

Its July, and yes you will, we all will, once its in stores we will go and pick it up.

SnareAce
16th Apr 2005, 05:22
Brothers In Arms online is the suckiest thing ever created, but I will enjoy SOCOM II for a long time, hopefully long enough to last until 25TL and SOCOM 3. Also thinking about picking up the PSP. Better be worth it.