PDA

View Full Version : New Custom pic - She's not surprised this time!

LuxAngel
12th Mar 2005, 05:44
Teeheee! I'll be good and post thumbnails as links to the larger pictures this time. :p Hope you like them! (A warning: they're huge - 1367 x 986!) :rolleyes:

http://larashots.com/images/custom/lara_in_the_temple_sm1t.jpg (http://larashots.com/Lara_in_the_Temple_sm.html) ..... http://larashots.com/images/custom/lara_in_the_temple_lg1t.jpg (http://larashots.com/Lara_in_the_Temple_lg.html)

MissLara2U
12th Mar 2005, 06:06
Very very cool!

imported_Mark_
12th Mar 2005, 12:40
I don't like her breasts this time.

John Carter
12th Mar 2005, 16:01
Fantastic! Great work, like the sitelogo on the righthand HK USP!

Number6
12th Mar 2005, 16:05
Do you plan to have the model itself be available for download?
Or can Poser 5 export as other format?

LARAMANIAC
12th Mar 2005, 16:09
Very beautiful, nice work LuxAngel! ;)

Acceber
12th Mar 2005, 17:39
I like the expression on her face. :D :) I think it's an expression many Lara-Controllers share when raiding. ;)

yesrushdt
12th Mar 2005, 21:31
So sad to see Lara's boobs droop at such a young age. ;)

traiderspy
13th Mar 2005, 02:17
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :eek: :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sophia Leigh
13th Mar 2005, 06:34
So sad to see Lara's boobs droop at such a young age. ;)

:D Yeah and wait until after she has kids, they'l be down to her tummy ;)

Seriously though Luxangel, great job, I know I couldn't do it, WELL DONE! :)

BPanther
13th Mar 2005, 22:44
I wondered why I didn't see you for a couple of days... lol Now I know why!!! :D

ALways a pleasure to look at your work, LuxAngel! The position of the model and her look is very natural, just as the environment!! Keep them coming... :D

BPanther

suzieq51
14th Mar 2005, 01:49
Beautiful pics LuxAngel!

LuxAngel
14th Mar 2005, 23:35
Very very cool!
Thank you, MissLara2U! :)

I don't like her breasts this time.
Neither did my boyfriend. : D I value your opinion because you commented on the last images I did; and because you were positive about them then, it is obvious that you aren't simply jumping at the chance to say something [seemingly] negative now. (I have no respect for those that can't wait to trash someone else's work, but offer neither helpful suggestions, nor comments about what was actually executed well). Be that as it may, I have always welcomed constructive criticism, without which most of us would never improve.

AnyHOO, I was going to ask if you wouldn't mind PMing me with what you feel would improve -- *cough* -- them. lolol! I was trying to make her breasts look more natural; but Poser didn't like putting them so close to her throat as some of the official AOD pictures portray. lol. Thanks a lot!

Fantastic! Great work, like the sitelogo on the righthand HK USP!
Thanks, John! ;)

Do you plan to have the model itself be available for download?
Or can Poser 5 export as other format?
Err... You better wait until I get this boob issue resolved! lol! Seriously, though; I always wondered how I could distribute something like this; never thought that anybody would really want the character I made, since it's not the "AOD" look.

Oh, to answer your question: Yes, Poser can export in various formats, including 3D Studio, DXF, LightWave 5, .OBJ...

Very beautiful, nice work LuxAngel! ;)
Thank you so much, Laramaniac! : )

I like the expression on her face. I think it's an expression many Lara-Controllers share when raiding. ;)
Thanks, Acceber. :D I was going for a "WTF was that?" look (LOL!)... As if she suddenly heard or saw something... that didn't make her happy. I laughed when I read your comment. : ) Thanks for your feedback!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot, traiderspy!

:D Yeah and wait until after she has kids, they'l be down to her tummy ;)
No they won't Mum, I swear! http://larashots.com/images/other/larasmileylaughing.gif I'm working on that now, and getting tips from some friends. ; ) (Humbling that one person fixed my picture in Photoshop last night and made it look better than the Poser job!) lol But I have to learn how to get the same results in the program in which I made her; or else, I'll be Photoshopping all my images to death from now on. Ain't gonna happen.

Seriously though Luxangel, great job, I know I couldn't do it, WELL DONE! :)
Thanks, Mum... and famous last words. Imma' upload my copy of Poser and give you the link -- so you can eat your words! You'll have Lara dancing through jungles and dodging past lasers in no time! lolol! (Never say you couldn't do it... ; ) )

And JUST KIDDING about distributing copies of software! lolol

I wondered why I didn't see you for a couple of days... lol Now I know why!!! :D

ALways a pleasure to look at your work, LuxAngel! The position of the model and her look is very natural, just as the environment!! Keep them coming... :D

BPanther
Thanks, BPanther! ; ) You have been an inspiration to me, and a wonderful support! I can't say how many times I whined over my pictures to you; but your ear and feedback have been more helpful than I can express! Thank you so much, for everything.

Beautiful pics LuxAngel!
Thank you, suzieq51!

knightgames
25th Mar 2005, 20:52
Hi Lux Angel.

I liked your work a lot. Especially the olde school Lara outfit.

I dont think the breasts are done badly. I think the shadows make Lara seem um.....whats the word.......um.........saggy? Yeah, thats the word.

I believe the main source of light is coming from Lara's right, but some of the hilights, and shadows don't seem to quite fall in that line.

Also, Lara's arm where it meets her torso...(the shoulder socket) is a bit too thin, thus making her look even more disproportionate in the breast area.

Honestly I think it's great work. I like it a lot and am NOT trying to be critical... proportionatly I think you got Lara just right. Try messing with a few shadows and light hilights and I think you will see how good your art REALLY is.

regards,
Robert

LuxAngel
26th Mar 2005, 20:24
Hi Lux Angel.

I liked your work a lot. Especially the olde school Lara outfit.

I dont think the breasts are done badly. I think the shadows make Lara seem um.....whats the word.......um.........saggy? Yeah, thats the word.

I believe the main source of light is coming from Lara's right, but some of the hilights, and shadows don't seem to quite fall in that line.

Also, Lara's arm where it meets her torso...(the shoulder socket) is a bit too thin, thus making her look even more disproportionate in the breast area.

Honestly I think it's great work. I like it a lot and am NOT trying to be critical... proportionatly I think you got Lara just right. Try messing with a few shadows and light hilights and I think you will see how good your art REALLY is.

regards,
Robert

Hey, Robert, much appreciated! I came here to say that I fixed them. :D I had sought out Tom, (Lara Croft Online), for some tips, and let me tell you, he was magnanimous with his time... and honest help. Just to say, if you wanna keep abreast of things where art & Lara are concerned, Tom'll help you. :D (Sorry, I couldn't resist that pun). lol

AnyHOO Robert, I was most pleasantly surprised by your compliments and most helpful critique! Speaking of which, DON'T ever worry about offering sound advice... Not only did your post have a pleasant tone, but you pinpointed specific things that will help me in the future. MUCH, much more fruitful than the drive-by sneering that is so easy to do. Anyone can drop by for a good laugh; few have the eye and artistic sense to not only target the errors but also give helpful tips.

You are right on every point, one crucial one being... well, yah, they looked saggy... That's because they were. (LOL) The darkness on her left side didn't help. O_o

AnyHOO, I compared the old and new... *cough*.. images, and toggled between them. Let's just say that it would make for a HILARIOUS animation!

Thank you, thank you so much, Robert! You have really made my day!

~~Geri

Sophia Leigh
27th Mar 2005, 12:06
Brilliant job on the amendments! Also I never noticed before how realistic her finger nails are. Great work LuxAngel! :)

knightgames
27th Mar 2005, 16:45
Nice job making the corrections, Lux.
I've been looking at the pics a few times since your original post and noticed great details. Like Mum said, the fingernails alone look nice.

I like the full length version of Lara. The legs and boots look phenominal. Stitching on the gloves....The lighting really adds 3dimensional realism and texture of them. This doesn't even discuss the great wall behind Lara. Lots of shadow and texture there.

I've tried 3dsMax. Wonderful program, but to really learn something like these programs takes a bit of passion to just get the hang of. To see how well you work with Poser 5 shows how much you like doing what you do, Lux.
Thanks for sharing your work.

regards,
Robert

PS... hope you don't mind but the full length Lara now resides as my desktop.

knightgames
27th Mar 2005, 18:47
PPS.....yesrusht, Lara is approaching (GASP) 40. She was born 2/14/67, thus making her 29 at the original TRI.

Gravity starts taking it's toll. I found on my 35th birthday my pants didn't fit right. The day before they were fine. I turn 35 and, "boom!" my butt......well er... never mind we'll leave my butt alone.

(Sadly I'm a bit older than 35 now, and gravity is throwing a party with me as it's host.)

If Lara were real I'm sure she'd be fighting gravity too.

Alright I've got Easter eggs to hunt.....ahve a good day all.

Robert