PDA

View Full Version : Mike G Please read: Patch suggestions

dannymrtnz
10th Mar 2005, 01:14
Mike G. In an attempt to make this game more enjoyable, can you please relay these concerns to Eidos/Crystal Dynamics. If these problems are already being addressed please let us know. If Crystal Dynamics has no intention of resolving any of the issues, please let me know so I can sell the game and get a good one.

1. Jerky, erratic replaced by more fluid movements for online play; Online
should feel like single player.

2. Speaker identification

3. Resolve audio drops and related audio issues

4. Auto team designation or option to start game as a team.

5. Pre-game rank designation. So new players don't get stuck with to 15
players unless they have a death wish

6. Ability to boot or vote off players that are disruptive, offensive, cheaters
etc.

7. Framerate drops causing charaters to disapear, ice-skate etc.

8. Disable ability to change teams last moment or auto team designation (#4)

Please add suggestions you see as necessary

chicagodave
10th Mar 2005, 04:35
wow those are actually all pretty good suggestions, i dont know if they can fix all those but i would point out to #2, #6, #8, those are really the most important ones that need to be addresed first so that competition can start on this game.

i think this game is great but i hope something can be done to fix some of these issues, if not all of them then at least a few them.

imported_mike_g
10th Mar 2005, 05:34
Believe me man, you have been heard. I can't comment on whether the community oriented features will or won't be added in the future, but I have made people aware of the need, as have others here.

Mike G. In an attempt to make this game more enjoyable, can you please relay these concerns to Eidos/Crystal Dynamics. If these problems are already being addressed please let us know. If Crystal Dynamics has no intention of resolving any of the issues, please let me know so I can sell the game and get a good one.

1. Jerky, erratic replaced by more fluid movements for online play; Online
should feel like single player.

2. Speaker identification

3. Resolve audio drops and related audio issues

4. Auto team designation or option to start game as a team.

5. Pre-game rank designation. So new players don't get stuck with to 15
players unless they have a death wish

6. Ability to boot or vote off players that are disruptive, offensive, cheaters
etc.

7. Framerate drops causing charaters to disapear, ice-skate etc.

8. Disable ability to change teams last moment or auto team designation (#4)

Please add suggestions you see as necessary

-PK-LeaDeR
11th Mar 2005, 12:44
your missing 1 major thing the ability to password games!

UnknownX
11th Mar 2005, 14:14
Can you guys also fix the red room problem. I dont mind about all the other problems,i just want to play with more than 3-5 players.

CelciusDJ
12th Mar 2005, 01:01
Can you guys also fix the red room problem. I dont mind about all the other problems,i just want to play with more than 3-5 players.

or in my case more than 0 people

UnknownX
12th Mar 2005, 03:11
Ouch, you cant play at all??? Yah here that eidos? youve got to do something about it. Hopefully youll fix it in the patch though. :)

Q-BanditZ
2nd Apr 2005, 21:56
This thread is encouraging. :)

[eN]SplĂ­tter
2nd Apr 2005, 22:24
Yeh very promising, anyway JeJ, I and a couple of the other DX'ers have come up with a few, more specifically for the PC version

"Some way of seeing your ping in numerical form before and while in a server.

Retaining your score after you crash/get disconnected out of a game.

Dedicated Servers with server side console commands to kick, password servers and change settings on the fly.

Maybe lowering the strength of vehicles so that you can actually kill them without resorting to using one of your own.

A type interface for chatting.

Voice chat overhaul, a number of people aren't sure how to use chat and it's performance in game is spotty.

Game crashes to desktop for a number of people, fix this issue.

Possibly some kind of voting system to determine the next map/gametype of the server"

jEj
3rd Apr 2005, 00:22
Hehe, beat me to the punch. At any rate, yeah, if we could get the server side commands added and something for the desktop crashes, we're golden. If the crashes can't be resolved, how about a mod similar to the one that keeps scores for Team DM, but instead keeps the individual scores?

Also, if someone could indicate that a patch for the PC (don't have to go into specifics) is actually being developed, it would instill some patience for alot of people. We all know PC games are the most important ;)

.SPACE.
4th Apr 2005, 17:27
SplĂ*tter']
Maybe lowering the strength of vehicles so that you can actually kill them without resorting to using one of your own.

Dude are you nuts the vehicles are weak! I can take out most of them just using the shotgun secondary and a few nades...

Haus
4th Apr 2005, 23:43
Dude are you nuts the vehicles are weak! I can take out most of them just using the shotgun secondary and a few nades...

While i don't share the same aggressivness here as SPACE, i'd have to agree that the vehicles aren't overly powerful.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed problems with lag online? Somtimes i run into it, and it can get pretty bad? What is the cause of this, because i don't think it's just me, as everyone else in the particular server is experiencing it. :confused: Also, if it is something that could be fixed by a patch, i think it would be a good idea.

-

Smoker6
12th Apr 2005, 15:41
This is what I'm running:

WinXP
Pentium 3.2G proc.
1G Ram
NVidia GeForce 6800 PCI Express
Creative Sound Balster Audigy Z2 7.1 surround

I have disabled fullscreen effects, I have dropped the resolution size down so that my video card actually laughed at me (right before it went to sleep. Stupid GPU.) I have downloaded all the latest drivers, including trying beta drivers, and I have even tried praying.

This game doesn't randomly crash, it actively waits until my guard is down, then crashes MALICIOUSLY. It does it when I least expect it....like it's waiting.......oooo... (sorry, my conspiracy theories are popping up again.)

This game has been out for how long? And there's been no patches? Not even little ones? Come on, guys. At least lube us up, first. We'd probably (maybe) quit complaining so much if you would just tell us WHEN WE CAN EXPECT SOME IMPROVMENT. I'm going to the largest LAN party in North America at the end of June, and I'd really like to blow up a lot of other people on this game, but I'm not even taking it if it friggin crashes on me all of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. (at least the small amount I've gotten to play in between crashes.) It soars, online. This game is beautiful from top to bottom. (Don't get a swelled head, Eidos, I think most games without Laura Croft in them are pretty sweet.)

As gamers, we are a pretty edgy lot. We are ruthless on bad games, and elated about good ones. This is a GOOD one. It just does bad things. If you fix the bad things (or least let us know that you are truly working on it. Heck, even lie to us. We're pretty easy.) then we'll have lots of GOOD things to say. (See? Positive reinforcement. :D )

Now. Anybody wanna play CTF? I might actually get to cap the flag once before it crashes again...

Smoker

jEj
12th Apr 2005, 17:21
Come on, guys. At least lube us up, first.

:D Sing it, brother. I'm in the same boat as you. At some times the game will run like a dream for me consistantly. Other times it crashes, and even I, a confirmed atheist, want to pray.

zildjian_x
16th Apr 2005, 03:15
if a patch comes out that addresses these issues i'd definately buy this game again.

AlphaVoodoo
16th Apr 2005, 21:22
my patch suggestion for project: snowblind is a "Walk/Sprint Change Function". sometimes the game really needs more speed, especially in multiplayer games - therefore a funktion to change the way of movement from walking to sprinting would make p:s a lot more fun

cheers,

AlphaVoodoo

please make the superb snowblind just even better ;-)

DXman
16th Apr 2005, 21:43
it's been 2 weeks and still no patch? i think im not going to be any more games from Eidos. no matter what the game will be. what makes me even more upset is that Eidos havent replied to any of these problems we have been experiencing with Snowblind. i hope Eidos goes bankrupt just like those other game developers a few weeks ago.

admin_old
16th Apr 2005, 21:59
Yeah i'm sick and tired of this bull****!
I've crashed like 500 times in the past 30mins of game play vs Aris666 that lags and is out of sync. What's more sad is that on top of him lagging and getting easy shots on people with LOW PING due to the sync issue! I keep crashing and the little guy thinks i'm "running away"

I got 2 diff kinds of crashes happening, one is the DEBUG window one and the other the game FREEZES and goes all screwy and i have to reboot my comp!

Edios is being completly lame not releasing ANY INFO on a patch, or telling us if they are working on one or not. All they say is "rollback / update your drivers, reinstall the game" any monkey can fix issues by doing the most obvious thing ( reinstalling a game ) whats next? Will you tell us to FORMAT the hdd just to play your game? That's the easy way out! In another thread I suggested you add a REPORT CRASH to the game so when one crahes we can via internet send you the crash information so you can fix it on the next patch ( thats if you even release a patch in the first place )

What this game needs:

Chatting SYSTEM!
Tank / ORge removable or weaken the damage given to players ( 1 shot kills are gay when the machine is way more powerful than you, and all noobie players do is jump in them because they cant 1 on 1 you )
SYNC ISSUE FOR LAGGY PLAYERS!!!!!
ALL the teleport looking bugs, floating bugs, rapid movement 10 feet in 1 sec and back.
DEDICATED SERVER option!
AUDIO settings option!

again it's not like edios will even care to read this so why do we bother to post?

jaywalker2309
16th Apr 2005, 22:32
I've crashed like 500 times in the past 30mins of game play vs Aris666 that lags and is out of sync. What's more sad is that on top of him lagging and getting easy shots on people with LOW PING due to the sync issue! I keep crashing and the little guy thinks i'm "running away"

I got 2 diff kinds of crashes happening, one is the DEBUG window one and the other the game FREEZES and goes all screwy and i have to reboot my comp!

Edios is being completly lame not releasing ANY INFO on a patch, or telling us if they are working on one or not. All they say is "rollback / update your drivers, reinstall the game" any monkey can fix issues by doing the most obvious thing ( reinstalling a game ) whats next? Will you tell us to FORMAT the hdd just to play your game? That's the easy way out! In another thread I suggested you add a REPORT CRASH to the game so when one crahes we can via internet send you the crash information so you can fix it on the next patch ( thats if you even release a patch in the first place )

What this game needs:

Chatting SYSTEM!
Tank / ORge removable or weaken the damage given to players ( 1 shot kills are gay when the machine is way more powerful than you, and all noobie players do is jump in them because they cant 1 on 1 you )
ALL the teleport looking bugs, floating bugs, rapid movement 10 feet in 1 sec and back.
DEDICATED SERVER option!
AUDIO settings option!

again it's not like edios will even care to read this so why do we bother to post?

Could you at least spell our name right, its Eidos, not Edios.. :)

Your ability to over exaggerate is very funny.. 500 times in 30 mins, thats 16.67 times a MINUTE, or about once every 3 seconds. :confused:

Aris666
16th Apr 2005, 22:38

What this game needs:

Chatting SYSTEM!
DEDICATED SERVER option!
AUDIO settings option!

I always get LAG!!! all the ****ing time, almost every1 floats , warping around and they move erratically, so the SYNC ISSUES affects me too not that i always get kills because i dont lag just call it SKILLS(lag doesnt give you good aim and good tactics), your just a whiny little idiot.

About the patch, i think the sniper rifle really needs to be tweak to have less damage because its so annoying almost every1 uses this lame weapon to get easy kills and it takes less skill to use this weapon just like what VALVE did with the colt python in HL2.

admin_old
16th Apr 2005, 22:41
Could you at least spell our name right, its Eidos, not Edios.. :)

Your ability to over exaggerate is very funny.. 500 times in 30 mins, thats 16.67 times a MINUTE, or about once every 3 seconds. :confused:

Well mr smart ass, it's an obvious exageration! The bottom line to it is that it crashes a lot! I did crash atleast 4 times in 30mins and that shouldnt be. There should be a total of 0 crashes in 30 mins. Maybe in 2 hrs of game play you crash once no problem.

Instead of sitting here smart assing posters why don't you talk to whoever is incharge of this circus and get them to get things going, or better yet. Why NOT tell us ( YOUR CUSTOMERS ) If a patch is being worked on and if so when will it be released? I think people would want to know that since we all paid $50 so you can get paid to post your smart ass comments :)

admin_old
16th Apr 2005, 22:47
I always get LAG!!! all the ****ing time, almost every1 floats , warping around and they move erratically, so the SYNC ISSUES affects me too not that i always get kills because i dont lag just call it SKILLS(lag doesnt give you good aim and good tactics), your just a whiny little idiot.

About the patch, i think the sniper rifle really needs to be tweak to have less damage because its so annoying almost every1 uses this lame weapon to get easy kills and it takes less skill to use this weapon just like what VALVE did with the colt python in HL2.

Dude have you been playing games for like 3 days only? Are you NEW to online games? If so let me explain something to your ignorant brain.

When YOU LAG, you are OUT OF SYNC in our window, you jump float, teleport around people and shoot. IN YOUR WINDOW you don't see this, we stand at one place and are IN SYNC with what's going on because WE ARE NOT LAGGING! SO your BULLETS really HIT US while when we shoot you and it seems like it hit you, your not actually there because of the sync issue. So your animation is THERE hoping around but the piece of code ( per say ) that is YOU is NOT THERE. A person that does not lag "me and pretty much all in the top 10 except you" are always in sync therefore you get easy kills. Now depending on where one is located the lag is more or less thus why some can get a few frags on you and others just think you straight out cheat because of how you move.

UNDERSTGAND now child? Or want me to draw a diagram on how games are coded for online play?

I think i should turn on my p2p program and set it to max uploads allowed to get HUGE LAG and join a game to show you how fun it is to play with a out of sync lagger!

And don't whine about the sniper rifle, if anything the lame tanks and orges should be taken out they are truly a noob thing to use.

jaywalker2309
16th Apr 2005, 22:52
Well mr smart ass, it's an obvious exageration! The bottom line to it is that it crashes a lot! I did crash atleast 4 times in 30mins and that shouldnt be. There should be a total of 0 crashes in 30 mins. Maybe in 2 hrs of game play you crash once no problem.

Instead of sitting here smart assing posters why don't you talk to whoever is incharge of this circus and get them to get things going, or better yet. Why NOT tell us ( YOUR CUSTOMERS ) If a patch is being worked on and if so when will it be released? I think people would want to know that since we all paid $50 so you can get paid to post your smart ass comments :)

As opposed to your outright rude postings and slamming of the game and players of it? yeh thats fair :rolleyes: ..

We ARE looking into the issues, but a posting saying `it crashes all the time` means nothing in terms of helping us, especially when during dev we saw NONE of these problems. If you want to help, then tell us details, what were you doing when it crashed, is it always when you do X, do you get a crash dump (check in the installation folder).

admin_old
16th Apr 2005, 22:56
As opposed to your outright rude postings and slamming of the game and players of it? yeh thats fair :rolleyes: ..

We ARE looking into the issues, but a posting saying `it crashes all the time` means nothing in terms of helping us, especially when during dev we saw NONE of these problems. If you want to help, then tell us details, what were you doing when it crashed, is it always when you do X, do you get a crash dump (check in the installation folder).

Actually to be fair i don't insult anyone :)

On to of the crash issues i've mentioned 50 different problems that EVERYONE is having here, do i need to specify more on sync issues? talk to your coders they'll know what that means. Do I need to specify more on a CHATTING SYSTEM? gee...

Aris666
16th Apr 2005, 23:21
Dude have you been playing games for like 3 days only? Are you NEW to online games? If so let me explain something to your ignorant brain.

When YOU LAG, you are OUT OF SYNC in our window, you jump float, teleport around people and shoot. IN YOUR WINDOW you don't see this, we stand at one place and are IN SYNC with what's going on because WE ARE NOT LAGGING! SO your BULLETS really HIT US while when we shoot you and it seems like it hit you, your not actually there because of the sync issue. So your animation is THERE hoping around but the piece of code ( per say ) that is YOU is NOT THERE. A person that does not lag "me and pretty much all in the top 10 except you" are always in sync therefore you get easy kills. Now depending on where one is located the lag is more or less thus why some can get a few frags on you and others just think you straight out cheat because of how you move.

UNDERSTGAND now child? Or want me to draw a diagram on how games are coded for online play?

I think i should turn on my p2p program and set it to max uploads allowed to get HUGE LAG and join a game to show you how fun it is to play with a out of sync lagger!

And don't whine about the sniper rifle, if anything the lame tanks and orges should be taken out they are truly a noob thing to use.

FYI Ive been playing online games for 3 years so i have an idea how online game works, about the lag as i said before the SYNC issues is affecting every1 especially me so quit saying im out of sync becuase your also out of sync everytime i see you.
BTW you said you dont insult any1, you insulted me many times :D what a LIAR :p

jaywalker2309
17th Apr 2005, 12:14
Actually to be fair i don't insult anyone :)

On to of the crash issues i've mentioned 50 different problems that EVERYONE is having here, do i need to specify more on sync issues? talk to your coders they'll know what that means. Do I need to specify more on a CHATTING SYSTEM? gee...

I know EXACTLY what you are all on about in terms of what you are saying.. I been in the industry over a decade, so YOU can stop with the wise ass comments :D

My MAIN concern is stability.. both in terms of crashing and syncing.

admin_old
18th Apr 2005, 00:03
Hey where is eidos founded? US or UK? or some other place?

jaywalker2309
18th Apr 2005, 09:31
Hey where is eidos founded? US or UK? or some other place?

Eidos is a UK company.. founded by the amalgamation of a few other companies, domark, simis, eidos technologies, us gold (am sure someone will tell me i got those out of wack or order but history aint my strong point hehe)

Timber03
18th Apr 2005, 16:01

I find it funny that I was posting about problems with the game crashing/freezing all the time when I bought it for xbox and now hearing about it happening on the pc version. And the response last time was "we're looking into it...". Anybody see a pattern here?

I find great solice in knowing that my copy of snowblind will be traded in today for UC2 because this game is not worth keeping. Not because of gameplay, but lack of good support on it. Companies like Eidos need to listen to customers better and resolve issues in a more reasonable amount of time.
I hate to say it but after the results of this game, I think it will be a long time before I purchase an eidos title again.

Timber03
18th Apr 2005, 17:39
$17 trade-in at EB Games. Can't say that I'm surprised at how little value this game is worth compared to it's original selling price.

Clumsyorchid
18th Apr 2005, 17:43
20$ is pretty standard for trade in on new release games. My housemate exchanged Timesplitters and got pretty much the same return.

Sil9
23rd Apr 2005, 10:09
I've only played the demo, not the full game, but I need to ask: was the multiplayer rushed? It sounds like they left out a lot of basics (ie, chat).