PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Modes

PostalP
5th Mar 2005, 20:53
It seems like everyone just likes to play team/DM. So far, I have seen only a few hunter and ctf games while the rest are all team/DM. I created an assault game, and only a few people came then left. I'd really like to experience assault and the other modes with a reasonable amount of players. Feel free to comment if you have any thoughts.

iworkatbk
6th Mar 2005, 02:58
Same here :confused: I wonder why

FearNo1
6th Mar 2005, 05:40
Because TDM may be the best online mode. Hunter is an interesting mode that should be played online more. It would be nice if the devs patched the game so that the teams (hunter and hunted) could talk to each other.

WHATtheDEUCE
7th Mar 2005, 06:01
I think people play Team-DM for a couple reasons. The first is they have a better chance at gaining a win than in regular DM or other modes, and they don't actually have to play AS A TEAM in Team-DM. I know somtimes I shy away from CTF and Assault games because I don't know anyone else playing online, and therefore woudln't kknow anyone on my team. So, I think that plays a big part in why no one plays CTF or Assault.

ChojinM.D.
5th Apr 2005, 05:35
I think one of the other reasons (well, at least for the PC version) is there's no way to communicate with the other players outside of using a Mic, wich is sketchy at best. Hint to the patch crew: Include context communication menu Ala Counterstrike: Source to the game...