PDA

View Full Version : A pretty short single player?

Snakekid
27th Feb 2005, 05:00
Hey, on the reviews it says the single-player is really short. I'm not a multiplayer guy especially if its online, so I was wondering if its worth my full $50? I mean, I'm still going to do multiplayer, but I buy games for the single player. Does the experience make up for the short single player?

AceMasa
1st Mar 2005, 01:14
the single player mode is real short i was kinda disappointed that i beat in like 5 hours......but im play it online now

Snakekid
1st Mar 2005, 04:53
Thanks for the reply, but it didn't help much. Can someone answer my question?

Solid-
1st Mar 2005, 05:21
This game is worth 40 bucks not 50. Single player is pretty good and i played 6 hrs so far and im on the 15th level, I heard there were 20. I think single player is better than multiplayer now but if it gets more people, at least 200, the game would be way better. I kind of regret paying 50 bucks for this game but if it had more players, I would have no regrets.

Bailey1
1st Mar 2005, 05:37
I think the single player mode is great.I don't really care for something too long and drawn out.It provides a good story without being too short or dragging on.Not to mention in the single player your character gets all of the augmentations available as opposed to choosing one in online play.Best money I have spent in a while.Thanks Eidos!

Snakekid
1st Mar 2005, 07:02
so is this game the kind of game where when you were playing it, it was great, but after you finished, and quit multiplayer, you just forget about it?

Or is this game one of those games that you keep on thinking about after you finished with it?

pr0phets0f0ld
1st Mar 2005, 15:03
So far it seems like the story is really good. I haven't been able to put it down. The battles are really intense and there is a lot of action. I would like to play this game with someone else to try the multiplayer but I don't know of anybody with a copy of it. One thing that really bothers me is that this game could have really been an excellent XBOX FPS but it was totally ported from the PS2. You see a heck of a lot of blockiness everywhere. Besides that it seems like it is a good game though they should have done it a lot longer and with people being really into FPS games recently, different modes like hard and legendary would make the game a greater challenge and not just breeze through everything. That reminds me that the look sensitivity can be adjusted but not much and that was a disappointment. $50? Maybe not but it's a good game and you won't be totally disappointed and at least not in the fun area. :cool:

Snakekid
1st Mar 2005, 16:42
cool thanks

Bailey1
1st Mar 2005, 21:59
I couldn't put it down either.Once you start getting a little ways into the story you forget all else.As for the fights I think intense is even an understatement.It's cool to see some of the changes put in place that were suggested by us beta testers for Playstation Underground. :cool: Shows Eidos was listening. :D

wrench
12th Mar 2005, 01:52
Snakekid, did you ever purchase the game? If so, what do you think?

Snakekid
12th Mar 2005, 06:24
Yes, I finally bought it about 4 days ago. It's awesome! I think the single-player is a little on the short side, but its worth it because the 10 hours of the single player is packed with awesome battles, especially the all-out war ones.

khabz
12th Mar 2005, 06:57
I quess the single player is short compared to a non-FPS shooter(Mercenaries, MGS) but its just right for a FPS. Only one thing I was bumbed-out about is their is only one Boss fight.

Snakekid
12th Mar 2005, 15:13
I don't really like boss fights in FPs that much..

wrench
19th Mar 2005, 03:00
snakekid, i agree totally...in fact i'm going back through it again. this time I want to do it with more finesse...insteat of just guns blazing. it's one of my favorite games. do you play online yet?

Snakekid
19th Mar 2005, 07:47
yes i am

Also, its fun to use the vents and stuff to surprise the enemy

my gamertag is spartan131