PDA

View Full Version : HELLO - One Simple Answer Needed EIDOS

xDestroyer666x
24th Feb 2005, 20:01
will there be an online stats page for XBOX live ? If yes, when?
TX in advance :rolleyes:

imported_mike_g
24th Feb 2005, 21:05
Right now, the answer is no. :-( But that is not a 'for all time and ever after' thing. This is definitely something on our radar. I just can't say whether it will go ahead and get done or not or the timing thereof. Sorry I don't have more info for you there, but I'm trying.

xDestroyer666x
24th Feb 2005, 21:25
TX, is there some sort of ranking list in the game then? Can you see your scores or your rankings after a match? (in the game?)

I don't think there's a point to playing online if you can't see how you match-up with others that are online somehow. Just my opinion though..

Clumsyorchid
24th Feb 2005, 21:37
At the end of an MP round you can view how you did against the other players within that game.

For the bigger picture, you can view the Scoreboard option within the online lobby. The scoreboard allows you to track your progress individually, by the Top 15, by your clan, or how you match up against your friends.

xDestroyer666x
24th Feb 2005, 21:50
ok cool.. i guess that'll work..

I was thinking of picking this game up today. How does it compare the great Halo2? Is it worth it? Or should I just wait for Doom3??

Live is what I play most, so I am mostly speaking of online multiplayer.

AquaTeen00
25th Feb 2005, 04:12
I think Snowblind is great online! The different classes you can be are great, and the maps are really sweet. I have only played Team DM so far, but I hope to get in some CTF games and some of the other game types they have. Probably tonight! I definitely recommend this title. It's a nice change from Halo 2! It's more difficult and in my opinion it takes more skill to be good at.

Ghost420tm9000
26th Feb 2005, 14:43
halo 2 was short and out rated, in other words why go new? stick with halo 1!!!!!

xDestroyer666x
3rd Mar 2005, 21:10
because halo1 isn't online..
online is where its at..

dannymrtnz
5th Mar 2005, 16:41
I am tired of people, including myself, ragging on Halo 2. Project Snowblind made me realize that Halo 2 did a lot of things right online. A lot of things that people still haven't be able to do in their games and probably won't catch on until the next gen, which is unfortunate. Maybe the game(halo 2) doesn't play as good as Halo: CE but Halo: CE wasn't online unless you went with the less stable XBC, which is fine for some games but not as smooth as Live.

After playing Snowblind, I realized how smooth Halo 2 played online. How the characters animated in a smooth, fluid morem natural way as opposed to Snowblind's jerky, erratics, cracked out, seizure monkeys. It's near impossible to land headshots in Snowblind, save of course the sniper. The lack of accuracy in movement makes it more of a game of chance than skill.

Halo 2 gives you choice., You can play custom games and pick the map and game type of you can go with ranked games and let match maker choose for you. IOt also ranks people of similar skill together, so playing isn't so frustrating becuase of someone with superior skill playing against you. Of course HAlo has some unfortunate glitches and exploits that the less skilled and more pathetic use, but you can report them.

I just wished that Crystal Dynamics played a little HAlo 2 online to see how it worked. I am not suggesting they copy Halo, but only as a reference too to see what works and what doesn't and implement their own version of what a top notch matchmaker would be. Hell, I would love it if Crystal Dynamics or any other developer for that matter would make an online interface to make HAlo2 look like old news. But instead we get the same old just done worse.

ACIDSUN
28th Mar 2005, 14:45
WITH REFERENCE TO ALMOST ALL ONLINE PLAYERS COMMENTS ON THE NUMEROUS GRAPHICAL GLITCHES EXPERIENCED WHILST PLAYING PSB ONLINE.
1.WHAT SPEED BROADBAND ARE YOU USING? 512K,1MEG OR 2MEG?
2.DOES THE BROADBAND SPEED MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
3.DOES FASTER BROADBAND MEAN A SMOOTHER (HALO EQUIVALENT) GAMING EXPERIENCE?
4.HOW COME HALO2,MECHASSAULT,TIMESPLITTERS3 ETC WORK GREAT WITH A 1MEG CONNECTION AND PSB DOESN'T?
5.IS IT BECAUSE THE MAPS AND BACKGROUNDS ARE MORE COMPLEX THAN HALO2?
6.IS BROADBAND SPEED THE SAME AS BANDWIDTH?
7.IF NOT. IS IT THE BANDWIDTH THAT IMPROVES THE GRAPHICS IN AN ONLINE GAME?
I HAVE THE QUESTIONS HAVE YOU GOT THE ANSWERS?
APPRECIATE THE HELP AND...PEACE OUT!