PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Artemus

thelimopit
24th Feb 2005, 17:26
I've been playing Thief DS and it's really great, but I'm just a little stuck now.

I've managed to get the Pagan paw thing and whatever it was from the Builders, and now I have to meet Artemus at Terces Plaza. Thing is, he's not there! I've checked every FAQ, which says he should be by the Gargoyle, but he just isn't!

Is this a bug in the game, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance

Quillan
24th Feb 2005, 18:41
You're in the right place. Move around some in that courtyard. Someplace in there is a trigger spot that starts a cutscene.

thelimopit
24th Feb 2005, 20:49
Thanks for your help but, I've moved around a lot and this cutscene still hasn't happened!

I'm not entirely sure which courtyard I'm meant to be in, there's the smaller, north-eastern one with a patch of grass with a gargoyle in it; and the larger one with a high-up gargoyle in the south east corner.

This is really starting to do my head in! I really wanna get further into the game but just don't seem able to! I've patched it but it hasn't made any difference, should I try reinstalling it or something? Is there any way round meeting Armetus?

Quillan
25th Feb 2005, 02:48
Look at your map. It's the courtyard that is marked as "Terces Square" on the map, which is the one with the gargoyle statue on a pedestal, behind a short wrought-iron fence. Opposite the gargoyle statue, there is a staircase that leads up to a building you cannot enter. Usually the cutscene triggered for me near the base of that staircase.

theBlackman
25th Feb 2005, 09:48
Try O See if you truly have ALL OF THE OBJECTIVES checked off.

thelimopit
25th Feb 2005, 12:24
my only objective is to deliver the Paw and the Chalice to Artemus at Terces Square in Stonemarket Plaza.

I'm definitely in the right place, nothing's happening!

thelimopit
25th Feb 2005, 18:38
Okay, I replayed the whole game from the start, I'm not sure what I did differently (I think I played the Chalice mission in a different order, got the holy symbol before the cog thing) but Artemus was there, I'd never been so grateful to see a computer-generated character in my life!

My only criticism of the game so far is the way that people have put big flaming torches under wooden ceilings, surely that's a bit dangerous? Other than that, it's perfect, and it looks like I'll be staying in this weekend!

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm sure I'll be back though!