PDA

View Full Version : Why was my post deleted!?

Timber03
24th Feb 2005, 03:16
Why did one of the moderators delete my post regarding my game freezing and various problems with multiplayer? What, Eidos doesn't want to admit they have a problem with the game?? Just be fair and admit it, then fix it. Removing the post is simple denial or a cover-up. Theres no sense in letting people shell out $50 for something less than complete.

here's my original post again for all those uninformed:
--------------------------------------------------
Is it just me or is anybody else having a problem with the game freezing and locking up the xbox, requiring a manual power cycle? :mad:

My console is less than 2 yrs old and I have about 35 games and this never happened before. The first time it happened was about 10 mins into the game and I chaulked it up to a possible piece of dirt on the disc, but after checking the disc and seeing it was clean, I suspected something else was wrong. Sure enough about 20 mins later it happened again...so I quit playing it for a while to calm my frustration and then I picked the game back up about 2 hours later and I'm all into a game, in 3rd please kicking some serious a$$ and then all of a sudden it locks up again. This is unacceptable.

[text removed by moderator]

Aside from the freezing I have 2 other gripes...I've had to break out of games because I would run up to a vehicle or gun turret and hit "x" to enter or use the turret and it does nothing. This happened in at least 3 matches I played so far.

The third item refers exclusively to online play: When playing online in optimatch or quick match there are many times when you see the other players sprinting across the board at a speed that would be impossible to shoot them. Half the time when this happens they appear and dissapear magically and it really spoils the game. I suspected it's lag however I'm on a 6mps cable connection and seriously doubt it, especially since this doesn't happen in any other game I own. The guys at Bungie had a similar problem with Halo2 but it was no where close to being as bad as it is in Project Snowblind.

[text removed by moderator]

Oh well, I'm off my soapbox for now.

EIDOS, please fix the game and issue an patch ASAP otherwise you will have many dissapointed gamers.

--Tim

imported_mike_g
24th Feb 2005, 04:15
Why did one of the moderators delete my post regarding my game freezing and various problems with multiplayer? What, Eidos doesn't want to admit they have a problem with the game?? Just be fair and admit it, then fix it. Removing the post is simple denial or a cover-up. Theres no sense in letting people shell out $50 for something less than complete.

Your post was deleted because while you are welcome to report problems with the game, (and in fact I encourage you to contact tech support so we can troubleshoot some of this with you) if you think you can use our forum for blatant rudeness or insults to the people with whom I work who put their blood sweat and tears into the game, you are sorely mistaken.

So, if you want your problems worked on, please point them out. But you can take attitude elsewhere.

Timber03
24th Feb 2005, 05:19
There is no rudeness, I simply feel as a programmer myself, I cannot understand how a game of this magnitude could be released with that many MAJOR bugs. And in all honesty, what troubleshooting can possibly be done if this is for a stock xbox console. It's not like this is a pc version that can be affected by any number of system configurations. And if you were to tell me there's something wrong with my console, then why don't I have problems with any of my other games.

and yes, maybe this post is now a bit insulting but to tell you the truth, when you marketed this game and let people spend their hard-earned money on something that is less than complete, that in itself is rude.

Jumpin_Jebus
24th Feb 2005, 19:12
Hey Timber, I spoke with one of our testers and he informed me the crashing you are seeing may be due to your Xbox running a specific model DVD-Rom drive. Over the years the Xbox has had 3 different DVD-Rom drives in it. A Phillips, Thompson, and Samsung. Of the 3, the Thompson has had hundreds of reported problems with various different games. One of our older games, Hitman 2 Platinum Edition, usually will not run at alll on Thompson drives. See below to find a link to a webpage with comparison pictures of all 3 drives. You can then check you own Xbox and see what drive you have.

Xbox DVD-Rom Comparison (http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_version_comparison.htm)

Also, if you have a friend or family member who has access to another Xbox, try loading the game up on another console. This might also help verify the cause of the problem.

The online problems you are experiencing (warping and dissappearing players) might be due to poor connection quality or low bandwidth. Make sure there are no other consoles or PC's using your broadband connection while trying to play online.

Lastly, this could also be a defective disk. I can tell you with absolute certainty that Microsoft would never have approved Project: Snowblind for release had these problems occured. After all, it is Microsoft, not Eidos, who gives the final approval for release. Same goes for all games released on PS2, Game Cube, or any other console or hand held device.

Furthermore, our QA department would have, and do on occasion raise holy hell when they see these problems. They wouldn't have let something like this slip through.

I'd like to also take a look at the link below for tips on working around DVD-Rom related problems on the Xbox.

DVD-Rom Repair Tips (http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_repair.htm)

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

~Jebus

THanks for the good info Clumsy! :D

Timber03
24th Feb 2005, 21:23
Thank you for the response, I will try what you suggest after I try a swapout of the disc at my local retailer.

Keep up the good work.

--Tim

Timber03
25th Feb 2005, 04:28
Hi there....

just thought I'd post an update to my problem....

I went back to EB Games and exchanged my disc for a new one and so far so good. Been playing for the past couple hours and no freezing yet. There is still the problem of dissapearing and reapearing characters though, and super fast moving characters.

--Tim

jaywalker2309
25th Feb 2005, 11:57
Hi there....

just thought I'd post an update to my problem....

I went back to EB Games and exchanged my disc for a new one and so far so good. Been playing for the past couple hours and no freezing yet. There is still the problem of dissapearing and reapearing characters though, and super fast moving characters.

--Tim

Are these in singleplayer or multiplayer?

tuneinwill
25th Feb 2005, 13:41
"super fast moving characters"

You do know that the scout can move super fast while using his AUG don't you?

Timber03
25th Feb 2005, 14:43
yes I do know that but this is way faster....and the character disapears and reappears randomly. I also still have the graphics glitching problem whereas sometimes the gun turret is moving but the image stays still....very wierd.

Although now that the game isn't freezing anymore, it is much more enjoyable!

Thanks.

Timber03
25th Feb 2005, 14:44
Are these in singleplayer or multiplayer?

multiplayer

jaywalker2309
25th Feb 2005, 14:48
multiplayer

Okay that helps :) Whats your net connection type?

Cable, 1meg, 2meg, 512k?

Appreciate your help on this

Timber03
25th Feb 2005, 15:36
Okay that helps :) Whats your net connection type?

Cable, 1meg, 2meg, 512k?

Appreciate your help on this

I have cable with 4096/384, I also have the ip setup within my linksys router to be in the DMZ so all ports are open to the xbox.

hope that helps

Timber03
26th Feb 2005, 15:55
I take it back, the freezing still happens, just not as often. I played multiplayer for a few hours last night and no problems, but this morning it has froze twice mid-game to the point that I needed to power cycle the xbox to resume.

Timber03
27th Feb 2005, 00:28
Well, it did it again...was hosting a multiplayer game for about 2 hours when all of a sudden the game froze again.

Eidos, Research my xbox gamertag, Timber03, to find out what this problem is because it's REALLY annoying. I'll say it again, this is the ONLY game I have that is having this problem. I also asked others while paying and many people said it's been happening to them also.

Hoodlum!T!4life
1st Mar 2005, 23:35
Well, it did it again...was hosting a multiplayer game for about 2 hours when all of a sudden the game froze again.

Eidos, Research my xbox gamertag, Timber03, to find out what this problem is because it's REALLY annoying. I'll say it again, this is the ONLY game I have that is having this problem. I also asked others while paying and many people said it's been happening to them also.
Dag dude you are having serious social issues!!! Look if it's that bad then dont play it Cause I think the game has some voice chat issues and leaving a room when your the host issuse. But thats it the game is great with all of the multipayer modes. :rolleyes: U better check your x-box or get a Ps2 because we dont have the problems you are crying about give them time!!! They will get to it.(Eidos) 9.0 out of 10. great game!! :rolleyes:

Timber03
3rd Mar 2005, 20:27
Dag dude you are having serious social issues!!! Look if it's that bad then dont play it Cause I think the game has some voice chat issues and leaving a room when your the host issuse. But thats it the game is great with all of the multipayer modes. :rolleyes: U better check your x-box or get a Ps2 because we dont have the problems you are crying about give them time!!! They will get to it.(Eidos) 9.0 out of 10. great game!! :rolleyes:

Dag dude, as you put it, I can list at least 10 other xbox gamertags of people having same issues as me so keep your comments to yourself. Oh and learn some correct grammar while you're at it cause it doesn't look so good when you try and flame someone but look like a total moron doing so.

Other than that, yes the game is great...notice how I haven't posted in 4 days...maybe because it started getting a little better. Oh well, have a nice life and don't stay a hoodlum forever or else you will seriously have no life.

:rolleyes:

Clumsyorchid
3rd Mar 2005, 22:25
I have zero tolerance for petty arguements on this forum. If you want to argue, spend time doing it with PM's, not within threads. If you continue to argue needlessly, calling each other names, and carrying on, I will revoke your posting priveledges.

Jumpin_Jebus
3rd Mar 2005, 22:56
You go Clumsy! Remember folks, constructive criticizm is accepted here. Blatant stupidity or flaming is not. k? :rolleyes:

As for your crash problem Timber, we're still going around the room trying to figure it out. As of this moment, a total of 4 people have reported crashing or other online network problems directly to tech support. 1 was a bad disk, the others were router/firewall related. I just find it odd that it seems about 30-50 people are experiencing these problems, when thousands of copies of the game have been sold already.

However, we will keep trying to find a solution for you. I'm sorry you are still having trouble, but sometimes it takes a little patience to work through problems like this. Especially when less than 1% of the people playing the game are reporting the problems.