PDA

View Full Version : Live Action Movie of Kingdom Hearts ?

member_10813590
4th Jul 2012, 20:50
Just a werid idea that poped into my head, after watching a little pit of higurashi live action movie.

Anyway what do you think it would be like if they really did pull off a Kingdom Hearts live action movie ?

Lightning_Stryker
4th Jul 2012, 20:53
Well they'd have to have a lot of animation and special effects and good actors/actresses lol

Castiel
4th Jul 2012, 20:58
No. When have video-game based movie EVER been good? I mean, Resident Evil was okay, but it was only loosely based on the game itself.

new_tradition
4th Jul 2012, 21:03
It would be terrible soley because it would be impossible to have characters with the proportions used in the games in live-action without it looking abnormal.

Anime faces, gravity defying hair, large hands and feets attached to small bodies, non-human characters, etc...

It doesn't matter how accurate the story, how impressive the story telling is, how amazing the actors/actresses are, how great the special effects could end up being...If they don't look like the video game characters, it'll be too distracting

---

That said, I would absolutely fall all over myself if we saw a CGI KH movie. And it doesn't have to be the high-rez cut scenes. I'd love the simpler in-game graphics for a movie. Maybe some of those plot bits only revealed in some vague novellas and mangas never translated into English put into CGI would be wicked awesome.

Lightning_Stryker
4th Jul 2012, 21:05
It would be terrible soley because it would be impossible to have characters with the proportions used in the games in live-action without it looking abnormal.

Anime faces, gravity defying hair, large hands and feets attached to small bodies, non-human characters, etc...

It doesn't matter how accurate the story, how impressive the story telling is, how amazing the actors/actresses are, how great the special effects could end up being...If they don't look like the video game characters, it'll be too distracting

---

That said, I would absolutely fall all over myself if we saw a CGI KH movie. And it doesn't have to be the high-rez cut scenes. I'd love the simpler in-game graphics for a movie. Maybe some of those plot bits only revealed in some vague novellas and mangas never translated into English put into CGI would be wicked awesome.

Yah true point. It would look abnormal. But like you said a CGI would be AMAZING! ^^

member_10813590
4th Jul 2012, 22:33
Aculluy I was thinking they would use new characters for the movie and just bring in live action disney movies into it like john carter ( don't care if I spelled that right ) or some other one or just giving the past story of the keyblade war with just keyblade warriors no square enix characters or disney characters.

member_10077577
4th Jul 2012, 23:13
No. When have video-game based movie EVER been good? I mean, Resident Evil was okay, but it was only loosely based on the game itself.

Lol. I respect your opinion, but the Resident Evil film series was bad to me. Period.

The best video game adaptations I have seen were actually the Final Fantasy ones.