PDA

View Full Version : Things which you would like to see in IG

edwardsb
21st Feb 2005, 11:57
Things to be expected in the upcoming Imperial Glory

Well I’m an ardent player of RTW (rome: total war) I think most of you guys and gals who like strat games will have played rtw, and it’s predecessor MTW (medieval:total war)

Well I give a hurrah!!!!!!! For good strat games. Well for one thing, the ambient music which they have put to be downloaded: is something I have heard in another game: which I cannot place it??? (My memory recalls it was from the in game music of Age of Wonder 2 the Merlin’s quest or Patrician or Celtic Kings; I could be wrong of course)

Well me writing this thread is I like his game to be a class of it’s own not a copy of another but with new and advanced features, those who feel the same can contribute their view and opinions; I know these will not be taken into consideration by the game developers but at least they could see what the playing populace wants to see………

Forgive me if I do comparison with RTW / MTW: and if this topic has been already discussed.

1) Voice integration to messages can be added, like e.g.: for diplomatic negotiations, and animations/ or cut scenes; for assassinations and sabotage; if there are any.
2) Unit leaders must be named and ranks must be given; I think there were advanced ranking system in the military and navy in the particular game era.
3) Promotions according to performance in battle and accumulation of experience, and maybe added feature of medals too!!!!!! That’ll be great……..
4) Loyalty factor of the unit’s leaders or generals; mostly generals I think…..traits good and bad…
5) Historically accurate masse rebellions and various non significant small ones to keep the player interested in battles too.
6) The pirate menace now and then!!!!!!!!!!
7) Well I heard that u can capture ship or scuttle and take the booty; that’s great!!!!! And maybe deception in navy battle like hoisting the flag of the same or allied nation and then once close by attacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) In land battles and sea battles taking prisoners or killing them out right options!!!! Prisoners could be ransomed, if they’re of rank!!! Or shot if not, or if you ain’t bloodthirsty.
9) Definite blood effects and bomb and bullet effects. (I certainly thought that the Civilization: patriots and kings if I’m right had good bullet death animation in the renaissance era campaign- get shot stop and kneel and fall flat on the face)
10) Heard that u could use the environment to hide riflemen units for sniper shots long range and like wise that’s coo!!!!!!!!
11) I don’t know if possible special covert ops should be also allowed, where no one can claim responsibility……

I just can’t think of anything else at the moment, other than that armies should be place in various cities of a country, the player cannot win if he just beats an army in the country, the provincial main settlement must be captured….

Well awaiting your comments

The_Russian_Rocket
22nd Feb 2005, 01:55
This is my opinion on your suggestions:

1) Fun, but I bet it gets annoying.
2) Fun and necessary.
3) An annoying waste of time.
4) I would love to see my troops shoot each other....or not.. Might add challenge
5) (see #4)
6) Yes. Hire them maybe?
7) Maybe...
8) Like MTW?
9) They might want to still shoot for a teen rating...
10) Very "coo"
11) Mercenaries?

I personally would like to see:
1) Supply routes to give ammo and food. Ammo would affect attack of the units and food affects fatigue.
2) Fatigue. Self explanatory.

ToXS
22nd Feb 2005, 11:13
I would like to see more attention given to the generals, as in if more than one participates in a battle then they all get plus stats, but if you constantly have same generals in battles then they gain minus stats for one must command and the others must follow.

Promotion from the ranks....mainly for the British.

Resistance fighters....maybe for the French invaiding Russia and having to deal with Partisans.

Diplomacy bee more smooth and direct...as in if you ask your ally to attack...he bloody well attacks.

Oh and being able to bribe armies and generals.....there were quiet a few, french commanders in Kutuzov's staff.

The ability of troops to dig in their artiliary....forming defence positions, obviously at a penalty of some sort.

Oh and a difference between generals and royalty....Kings can command, generals can not rule.

When fighting ranks against ranks, morale should also be tested while one side is reloading and the other is under fire.....not everyone is happy to reload while some guy is about to shoot you.

thats enough for now ;)

edwardsb
22nd Feb 2005, 11:26
wht if they add 2 additional commands to missile troops:

'cos in this game most will be so

safe fire (if friendly troops in line of fire they stop)
and fire at will (friendly or foe just blast them to kingdom come!!!!!!!)

edwardsb
22nd Feb 2005, 20:16
well i missed out the casualty healing list, and every general must have different corps like the medical, supply, engineering and etc......
that'll be "cool" too......... :rolleyes:

hum and weather conditions in the sea and on the land, those things effect the battles greatly.........(storm, fog, rain, sandstorm, etc.......)

and geography too according to the unit types??????

как ты думаеш Russkie rocket????

The_Russian_Rocket
22nd Feb 2005, 20:57
я только давал предложения.
Sorry to be rude.. :(

Но большинство людей здесь - дамбэйссс!
Won't do it again! :D :D :D ;)

edwardsb
22nd Feb 2005, 21:15
No problem, товарищ :D

Mr. C.
22nd Feb 2005, 21:55
well i missed out the casualty healing list, and every general must have different corps like the medical, supply, engineering and etc......
that'll be "cool" too......... :rolleyes:

hum and weather conditions in the sea and on the land, those things effect the battles greatly.........(storm, fog, rain, sandstorm, etc.......)

I like the idea of needing a medic, :cool: if you don't have one your army could suffer much higher casuality figures (from infections, disease, etc.) after a battle.

Also, I would like to see higher casuality ratings during winter months due to diseases, as this was a typical danger during winter campaigns.

As far as supply, I like that idea a lot, but one thing about Napoleon's troops was their great foraging skills. That was one of the reasons they were able to travel more quickly, because they didn't bother with a huge supply train to go with them which would have slowed them up.

By the way, I know this is a turn-based game, but I don't remember seeing anything about how long a turn was; a month, 6 months, a year? Does anybody know? :confused:

Spaghetti Hoops
23rd Feb 2005, 17:21
Things to be expected in the upcoming Imperial Glory

Well I’m an ardent player of RTW (rome: total war) I think most of you guys and gals who like strat games will have played rtw, and it’s predecessor MTW (medieval:total war)

Well I give a hurrah!!!!!!! For good strat games. Well for one thing, the ambient music which they have put to be downloaded: is something I have heard in another game: which I cannot place it??? (My memory recalls it was from the in game music of Age of Wonder 2 the Merlin’s quest or Patrician or Celtic Kings; I could be wrong of course)

Well me writing this thread is I like his game to be a class of it’s own not a copy of another but with new and advanced features, those who feel the same can contribute their view and opinions; I know these will not be taken into consideration by the game developers but at least they could see what the playing populace wants to see………

Forgive me if I do comparison with RTW / MTW: and if this topic has been already discussed.

1) Voice integration to messages can be added, like e.g.: for diplomatic negotiations, and animations/ or cut scenes; for assassinations and sabotage; if there are any.
2) Unit leaders must be named and ranks must be given; I think there were advanced ranking system in the military and navy in the particular game era.
3) Promotions according to performance in battle and accumulation of experience, and maybe added feature of medals too!!!!!! That’ll be great……..
4) Loyalty factor of the unit’s leaders or generals; mostly generals I think…..traits good and bad…
5) Historically accurate masse rebellions and various non significant small ones to keep the player interested in battles too.
6) The pirate menace now and then!!!!!!!!!!
7) Well I heard that u can capture ship or scuttle and take the booty; that’s great!!!!! And maybe deception in navy battle like hoisting the flag of the same or allied nation and then once close by attacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) In land battles and sea battles taking prisoners or killing them out right options!!!! Prisoners could be ransomed, if they’re of rank!!! Or shot if not, or if you ain’t bloodthirsty.
9) Definite blood effects and bomb and bullet effects. (I certainly thought that the Civilization: patriots and kings if I’m right had good bullet death animation in the renaissance era campaign- get shot stop and kneel and fall flat on the face)
10) Heard that u could use the environment to hide riflemen units for sniper shots long range and like wise that’s coo!!!!!!!!
11) I don’t know if possible special covert ops should be also allowed, where no one can claim responsibility……

I just can’t think of anything else at the moment, other than that armies should be place in various cities of a country, the player cannot win if he just beats an army in the country, the provincial main settlement must be captured….

Well awaiting your comments
:) I agree with all the above appart from #6.Pirates?Hmm

edwardsb
23rd Feb 2005, 22:52
well according to history there were some famouse pirates ravaging the coast lines of northern africa......barbary pirates right????????? to disrupt the trade routes????????? :cool: keeps you on the edge of naval warfare, and earn extra command stars to the captain who sinks or capture their gold laden ships!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

this is a wonderful era you know???? great inventions great men great battles both land and sea........ great books were written laws put out.......... just can't wait to get my hands on the game when it's released..... but hope Pyro makes it well..................

say tell me have they ever made a "TUrn Based" start before, i have played praetorian and commandos(real time strat)

The_Russian_Rocket
24th Feb 2005, 01:30
The Barbary pirates influence stretched even to the United Sates. Pirates were a big deal not just in the Caribbean. Napoleon's residence on Isola d'Elda had the most powerful fortress on the Mediterranean for fighting the Allies and the pirates.

Mr. C.
24th Feb 2005, 03:02
The Barbary pirates influence stretched even to the United Sates. Pirates were a big deal not just in the Caribbean. Napoleon's residence on Isola d'Elda had the most powerful fortress on the Mediterranean for fighting the Allies and the pirates.

This is what prompted the building of the USS Constitution, know as "Old Ironsides"; it was part of a small fleet of, oh, I think 6 other "super frigates" as I believe they were called, that were commisioned to protect American merchants. They were then used in the War of 1812 which was where the Constitution got its nickname, actually by the crew of the British ship trying to sink her. It was reported after her cannonballs bounced off the Constitution's sides that the British sailors said, "Huzzah! Her sides are made of iron!"
Old "Ironsides" still sits in Boston Harbor to this day attracting thousands of tourists each year. As far as I know it is still the oldest COMMISIONED naval ship (still crewed by navy personnel). I still remember a visit I had to her a few years ago, and while talking to one of the US navy sailors stationed on her, the sailor mentioned it is the highest honor for a navy seaman to have the privledge of being stationed on the USS Constitution. :)

edwardsb
27th Feb 2005, 10:17
:confused: ha ok if the camp, map is 2d the defending army has to get the option to pick the battle field????? am i right????? well if it's not a surprised attack. :rolleyes:

like to defend a river crossing, or a valley???????? well from the screen shots i think (my assumption) it's not going to be a 3d camp map, so at least the above should be given to the player......

hum one more thing does the religion play any part in the game??????? well briton had church of england and russia greek orthodox christians, and the european mainland cathaloic and varios splinters of catholics............

and north africa egypt islam (muslims; moors and their sects; pardon me if i put it wrong, did not mean to offend anybody)

edwardsb
27th Feb 2005, 10:25
ok when you capture province of different religion, option to let them follow their religion or destroy their place of worship and build yours and instill into them your religion, but i guess this was more prominent in medieval time rather than in the late rennaisance era. 1739-1800. :rolleyes:

i heard that u get to do certain historical quests, well that's great i loved that in MTW, but the total senate b***s**t was fakey and Rome never had a trimvurate for more than 50 yrs, and the history was all messed up there.......(off topic forgive me!!!!!!!! :o ) :( don't ban me :eek: