PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Shadows

Renee
15th Feb 2005, 01:44
Hi all.................I thought I had posted last night but can't find it now and no one answered me anyway....boo hoo.... :( anyway, I have not played Deadly Shadows since Oct. I got stuck in the outer cradle and have just now decided to start that area. I was looking for a WT to see if I could get updated. If not, is Audale the last area where I was before I got into the inner cradle. That is the section I have to play all over again. thanks all I still don't know the ending and am anxious to know what it is now. Garrett's girl......................Renee

Tin Star
15th Feb 2005, 07:40
Hi all.................I thought I had posted last night but can't find it now and no one answered me anyway....boo hoo.... :( anyway, I have not played Deadly Shadows since Oct. I got stuck in the outer cradle and have just now decided to start that area. I was looking for a WT to see if I could get updated. If not, is Audale the last area where I was before I got into the inner cradle. That is the section I have to play all over again. thanks all I still don't know the ending and am anxious to know what it is now. Garrett's girl......................Renee

It has been some time since I have played but if I remember right it is the last place you go to.You need to speak with a person in Audale about the orphanage and the Hag.To find this person you need to climb through a window but don't look for an open window because there are none,instead look for a window that has a picture of a hammer on it and click on it and it will take you to a cut scene with you meeting the person.

Tin Star

Renee
15th Feb 2005, 09:38
thanks I did all those items and just need to do the cradle. I think I shouldn't have gone in the cage when I first got down in the storm cellar. At least that is why I probably couldn't pick up the items to get me in the cage. I was just wondering if anyone knew if that was the reason why I couldn't continue on before. When I got Laura's blood, I didn't go in the cage this time. Trying to be a good girl,

Tin Star
15th Feb 2005, 18:13
thanks I did all those items and just need to do the cradle. I think I shouldn't have gone in the cage when I first got down in the storm cellar. At least that is why I probably couldn't pick up the items to get me in the cage. I was just wondering if anyone knew if that was the reason why I couldn't continue on before. When I got Laura's blood, I didn't go in the cage this time. Trying to be a good girl,

There are a lot of things you need to do before entering the cage,just follow your objectives and once you have them done and talk to Laura after you try to follow her out she will tell you about using the cage to escape the orphanage and how to do it,so in answer to your question yes that is why you could not continue.

Tin Star

theBlackman
15th Feb 2005, 18:27
Here's your post Renee: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=48547

Set your DAYS at the bottom of the page for 5 days to a week, and then you won't lose your posts when you are away for a day or two.

Or SUBSCRIBE to the THREAD you start. Then if you go to your USERCP, all the threads you want to check daily will appear there. :)

When you are through with the thread (questions, replies, etc.) just UNSUBSCRIBE and they will vanish like pollen in the rain. :p

Renee
16th Feb 2005, 09:10
I now know what I did wrong. I had the nightgown but somehow I was lead in a different direction so if I would have put the nightgown in the morgue, I would have been able to continue on. The cage wasn't the reason why but thanks all for your input. I can now find out who betrayed Garrett.

Tin Star
16th Feb 2005, 09:45
I now know what I did wrong. I had the nightgown but somehow I was lead in a different direction so if I would have put the nightgown in the morgue, I would have been able to continue on. The cage wasn't the reason why but thanks all for your input. I can now find out who betrayed Garrett.

There would have been a few other things that had to be done after the nightgown before you could have cared on to where you would have been able to leave the orphanage.The nightgown is just one of the items on a list of about 5 or so objectives that you must do before leaving the orphanage for good.

Tin Star

Renee
17th Feb 2005, 06:37
You are right Tin Star and I had done the other objectives. I just got sidetracked somehow before I was to go down to the morgue. I was heading down there and started talking to Blackman and involved in other things and if I would have done that, I would have had Laura told me to do the toy thingie. LOL that will teach me to not get sidetracked. LOL I always follow the objectives in the game but just waited too long for the nightgown one and that blew it. Ha

Renee
17th Feb 2005, 08:36
I am now finally going to leave this place but before I jump out of the window in the tower, I have an objective to find more info regarding the Hag that attacked me. Well, I don't remmber any Hag attacking me but it could have been last Oct and I forgot but if anyone has read all the stuff in this place, it was me and that objective is still open but it is going to let me leave. So, where is this info and how come I didn't complete this objective? Does anyone remember where the info is for me to read about the Hag before I Jump and kill myself? Thanks Renee

Tin Star
17th Feb 2005, 13:57
I am now finally going to leave this place but before I jump out of the window in the tower, I have an objective to find more info regarding the Hag that attacked me. Well, I don't remmber any Hag attacking me but it could have been last Oct and I forgot but if anyone has read all the stuff in this place, it was me and that objective is still open but it is going to let me leave. So, where is this info and how come I didn't complete this objective? Does anyone remember where the info is for me to read about the Hag before I Jump and kill myself? Thanks Renee

Once you have jumped out the window just follow Lauras ghost to get that objective done.

Tin Star

theBlackman
17th Feb 2005, 18:42
Go back in the past to the nursery where you found the diary. On a podium at the end is a note

Renee
18th Feb 2005, 07:43
Thanks Blackman........I will get the save there but it was hard enough getting up front to get the diary but will try again. That ghost sure hangs around a lot. LOL Will do.

Renee
20th Feb 2005, 06:58
I sure hate to be such a dummy but I am having a heck of a time finding the Keepers Compound. I always did. I came out of the church and turned left after looking at the map and went throught the gliph but seem to be where I started. What is the secret of finding that place? I know I had not played for a while but this is silly. I think I need better directions. Thanks

theBlackman
20th Feb 2005, 08:06
Where are you. IRONWOOD CHAPEL or ST. EDGARS?

Renee
20th Feb 2005, 10:02
I just left the church so I would say Fort Ironwood. I found the blue glyph like I said but no find any compound. I walked to my left when I left the church after I helped Laura and found out about the Hag.

theBlackman
20th Feb 2005, 11:06
You need to go to STONEMARKET PROPER. Look at your maps. You will see one with IRONWOOD on the right and the Clocktower on the left with a DIVIDING LINE DOWN THE MIDDLE.

You exit IRONWOOD and go out the main gate, turn left, then right at the corner. There is an enforcer there you need to get rid of or sneak past. And go into STONEMARKET.

From here go to the gate by ST. EDGAR's and through the portal/Gate. Then turn RIGHT. Go through the little door in the wall at the end of the street. Go to the end.

Enter the door on your left and the turn immediately right twice. Then go to your left around the building, keeping in the shadows. Turn right at the corner and then go to the left into the alley.

If you go out the main gate of IRONWOOD and turn right, you have a left at the corner to go to the SOUTH QUARTER Portal or right to the DOCKS portal.

You can use any of the three but if you go SQ you need to come back through the STONEMARKET Plaza gate from Garrett's, if you use the DOCKS then you need to find the SOUTH QUARTER and make your way across to the STONEMARKET PLAZA gate near Garrett's apartment.

Renee
20th Feb 2005, 18:19
After I read your post I then realized that I needed to go there. My mind became fresh at that point. That is what I get for not playing for 4 months. Thanks Blackman. Is my journey almost over? I am going to hate to see this game end. Renee

Enako
20th Feb 2005, 20:24
im gonna go a little off-topic to say "Deadly Shadows RULES"

Renee
20th Feb 2005, 23:57
You are absolutely right Enako.................This game had just about everything. I thought well made. My paper in San Diego didn't praise it as the other two but what do they know? I love the game a lot.

Renee
25th Feb 2005, 19:14
It seems I am coming to the end of my ride in this game but I need some help. After finally killing the last guard in front of the power station in Porter Hall, I went down to the crown and the power is still on. I had already done the power in Tescero Hall so what am I suppose to do? Are they suppose to be done at the same time or what? I already have the eye. Thanks

theBlackman
26th Feb 2005, 02:00
They are on a timer. They reset if you are not fast enough.

But you can Garrett them: Put a water arrow into two of the stantions. Right corner and left, for example. Run in and grab the item.

Then WHILE STILL INSIDE, EVEN IF THE FEILD IS DEAD, TWO MORE SAME PLACE and run out.

But do be aware that if you do, you may have other things to deal with when you are out of the protected area with the loot. The Museum has OTHER DEVICES THAT CAN KICK IN.

Renee
26th Feb 2005, 03:36
Ok first I will re-set the one upstairs and then go down and do the one in Porter Hall. How long are we talking here now that I know where both are? Thanks Blackman

theBlackman
26th Feb 2005, 03:46
Each one controls only ONE of the devices.

In PORTER, if you have all the guards out of the way, just do the device and take the prize.

In Tesero do the same. You don't need BOTH at the same time.

Renee
26th Feb 2005, 06:54
The guards are all gone. Most were clobbered but I did kill a few. I did do that so was surprised that the power wasn't off. I will try again. I may have gone to the wrong item after I shut off the power. Tescero is the East and Porter is the West? I will try both

Renee
26th Feb 2005, 09:34
Thanks Blackman.I didn't do anything wrong. When I went back to the power station in Tesero Hall, I had not pulled the lever all the way down. When I did, it was dark and was able to just get both of the jewels and I was on my way. Kept waiting for the minions but instead saw Orland get killed. I did the Crown in Auldale so am on my way. Thanks for all your help. It seems the Hag isn't going to die easily.