PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished TR3

Old Guy
13th Feb 2005, 20:40
I finally(well, haven't finished All Hallows yet) TR3 after 4 years. Been a long hard road.

Enako
13th Feb 2005, 22:08
well done, i still havent cleared commandos 2 after about 4 years!!! now i just cant be bothered

Sophia Leigh
14th Feb 2005, 00:09
I finally(well, haven't finished All Hallows yet) TR3 after 4 years. Been a long hard road.

Yes its a hard one! Was a long road for me too but we get there in the end :D

Old Guy
14th Feb 2005, 05:01
I got to the Lost City of Tennios and my memory card freaked out the first time. Major explosion in this part of the country! But I got thru this time( with a little help from Stella's site). Never give up!

Sophia Leigh
14th Feb 2005, 23:54
I think its the hardest out of the six, I got very stuck at the meteorite cavern and then along came Stella..... :)

Trinity34
15th Feb 2005, 01:01
Congratulations Old Guy. http://www.joliesnippleforum.com/html/emoticons/clapping.gif

jso2897
15th Feb 2005, 01:55
Yeah. It was the toughest one for me, too.

oracle
10th Mar 2005, 22:21
I am still trying to finish TR3 after 4 years! LOL I started the final level in the Meteorite Cavern last summer and I have yet to finish it. Granted, I don't have a lot of time to play much anymore, but this bleedin' level is so annoyingly difficult to master. So I'm glad someone else was able to do so. LOL

Sophia Leigh
11th Mar 2005, 01:43
I am still trying to finish TR3 after 4 years! LOL I started the final level in the Meteorite Cavern last summer and I have yet to finish it. Granted, I don't have a lot of time to play much anymore, but this bleedin' level is so annoyingly difficult to master. So I'm glad someone else was able to do so. LOL

:D Just like me! I hate that meteorite cavern, as a playstation player I ended up having to use the save game cheat so I could kill Willard.

oracle
11th Mar 2005, 02:18
:D Just like me! I hate that meteorite cavern, as a playstation player I ended up having to use the save game cheat so I could kill Willard.I was really tempted to do that, but I enjoy the satisfaction of being able to kill the big bosses, so I opted to complete it. I have almost caved a few times and been tempted to find the cheat. But I won't. I just don't have that much time to play these days and when I do find the time it's like starting all over again in learning/practicing the moves to get around the pit. But I'm gonna get that clown. Eventually.

Sophia Leigh
11th Mar 2005, 11:49
Yeah, I'm normally like that too but I was stuck there for (from memory) three years, so I gave up and used the cheat, I also didn't have enough desert eagle ammo to kill him without it. It is the only time I have cheated, except for when Brother Obscura got the better of me in AOD and I discovered Stella's walkthrough.

Old Guy
12th Mar 2005, 05:56
I ended up using the desert eagle while gathering all the stones. After they were all in Lara's possesion, I switched to the rocket launcher. Good luck.

jacky
13th Mar 2005, 13:34
If you like secret doors, strange mecanisms et mummies... you should try the TR4. It is more axed on resolving enigma then combat. (but some crocodile...)

SethKoopa
10th Sep 2005, 17:09
I got Tomb raider III in 1998, the year it came out - and I finished it - truly 'finished' it, I mean, no cheats or walkthroughs - last year. It was moreso a scary game for me than a tough game. For me, it's the scariest game out of all six.

robson001
7th Oct 2005, 19:05
It's far the hardest of the series, due to the level design and other things...mainly the picture that is too dark, you can't find something that is in your face. I haven't finished yet, but I decided to resume it and finish still this year.

Mangar The Dark
7th Oct 2005, 20:34
I liked TR3, but I gave up on it a LONG time ago (got to the first Antartica level, and then gave up.)

Johnny
7th Oct 2005, 22:11
TR3 is way too long and difficult. That's the only TR I haven't yet completed and I bought it back in the beginning of 1999. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll get back to it eventually, but I think that is just wishful thinking on my part. :D

star girl
8th Oct 2005, 13:31
Currently playing TR3. I made it till the 'Crash Site' in the South Pacific Islands, but that was on my old PC. I bought a new one, on Thursday, and am playing it from the very first level. Hope to finish it soon. It took me about three/four months to reach that level (completing India and Nevada). God help me to complete it fully now. Wish me luck.

bedazzled
8th Oct 2005, 15:31
Good Luck Star Girl. :p

Sophia Leigh
9th Oct 2005, 06:24
Good luck Star gril! I'm sure you'll finish it quicker than I did :D

WraithStar
10th Oct 2005, 20:51
Wow, you all have such patience and willpower :D If I'm stuck in the same place for more than half an hour, I peek at a walkthrough to see if it's a bug or if I'm just missing something obvious. Also, I play the PC version, so I can save anywhere (if I couldn't save anywhere, I would have broken the disc instead of TR3 being my favorite :p )

Sophia Leigh
10th Oct 2005, 22:42
It's far the hardest of the series, due to the level design and other things...mainly the picture that is too dark, you can't find something that is in your face. I haven't finished yet, but I decided to resume it and finish still this year.

I found that too so I turned the brightness & contrast up really high on the screen & found that I could see everything :D

Trinity34
11th Oct 2005, 01:15
I found that too so I turned the brightness & contrast up really high on the screen & found that I could see everything :D

Too bad Lara doesn't have night vision goggles/glasses.... maybe she will in Legend.

WraithStar
12th Oct 2005, 18:19
Maybe. I think they said her binoculars have multiple functions. We know she still has flares, though, so night vision might not be necessary. Anyhow, you guys inspired me. I started playing TR3 again and so far I've gotten up to the third level without using a walkthrough :D To be fair, though, I actually remembered enough from when I won it three years ago with a walkthrough. Or well, I recognized each area I've gotten up to so far and I had deja-vu about what came next. Oh, I didn't actually adjust my monitor's settings, I just used the in-game options menu (the sunglasses) to set the gamma to 7 and I can see almost everything :) Maybe people who are playing on PlayStation can adjust the gamma too?

Mangar The Dark
14th Oct 2005, 18:31
If I'm stuck in the same place for more than half an hour, I peek at a walkthrough to see if it's a bug or if I'm just missing something obvious. Also, I play the PC version, so I can save anywhere (if I couldn't save anywhere, I would have broken the disc instead of TR3 being my favorite :p )

I tend to be the same way with walkthroughs-- If I get stuck for a while, I start to get paranoid, thinking maybe there's a bug in the program and door didn't open when it should have (that HAS happened to me on several occasions, so my paranoia isn't completely unfounded.) Then when I look at the walkthrough and realize that the game was, in fact, working just fine, I get annoyed with myself for cheating.

And, yeah, I agree that I would HATE to play any TR game with unlimited saves. I sincerely hope Legend lets me save anywhere/anytime on the Xbox, otherwise I may have to think carefully before buying it.