PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, thanks, thanks.

johnbegone
13th Feb 2005, 02:54
Thanks to those who responded. Thanks Mum. Good helps guys. Next question. Aside from using cheats is it possible to get stuck in the game where the only option is to start over or go to an earlier saved game? I dont believe it is, but this is only my second game TR4. I dont like cheats how do others of you feel? I do feel that the games should be relaxing but not frustrating. What do you guys think? Occasional hints OK? I usually accept no outside help but maybe I'm overstressing. Thanks

EddyBones
13th Feb 2005, 02:59
TR3 is so stressing to me without a strategy guide. I can't get past the first level even without one. Mainly these days I play TR with codes to get all the weapons and levels (if I don't have them all already). I hardly ever play the games straight through now because I have other things to do. It feels more like a chore doing that way. So I really don't mind cheats. They can be fun. But if possible I think it's better to play the whole game first without them.

suzieq51
13th Feb 2005, 04:50
I have to admit I've needed to refer to "Stella's" expert advice many times during all the TR games I've played. And yes, occasionally I've had to go back to a previous save game to get me out of a problem. :D
Hey, no problemoes, no worries, no "overstressing" - whatever gets you through the game. Heeeh, try playing some of the incredible TR custom levels out there. They're amazing and incredibly difficult, but IMO the angst is all part of the fun. :D

Solange
13th Feb 2005, 10:42
There are some places you could end up in with so little health, or where it is so difficult to get out, that the easiest way is to use an earlier savegame.

I also remember a bug in TR 1, with the mutant Lara image, if you had saved in the wrong place before, the mutant Lara wasn't triggered, and you had to go back to an earlier save.

I go back to earlier saves quite often, as I hate wasting medipacks! :D

I don't mind the weapons cheats, I love to blast tiny spiders with uzis. But on the later games you get full medipacks too, and I hate that...

Sophia Leigh
14th Feb 2005, 00:31
Thanks to those who responded. Thanks Mum. Good helps guys. Next question. Aside from using cheats is it possible to get stuck in the game where the only option is to start over or go to an earlier saved game? I dont believe it is, but this is only my second game TR4. I dont like cheats how do others of you feel? I do feel that the games should be relaxing but not frustrating. What do you guys think? Occasional hints OK? I usually accept no outside help but maybe I'm overstressing. Thanks

Personally I haven't been stuck where I have had to start over. I discovered Stella (and then this site) after getting stuck at brother obscura in AOD and had to use the walkthrough, I then looked up the info I needed for the meteorite cavern for my abandoned game of TR3. Although I personally prefer not to, I definetly think its fine to use cheats and walkthroughs if you need them, it beats getting stressed over a computer game. :D

SMSL
14th Feb 2005, 02:46
I actually play a game while reading the walkthrough, eheheheh! I'm such a cheater! :cool: