PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the game: Xbox version

Groove
11th Feb 2005, 20:05
I'm getting the Xbox version but one or two questions would still apply to the other versions.

Will Project: Snowblind include bot support in multiplayer - at least for offline mp?
What Live components are supported? Aside from the usual prerequisites - Friends List, Voice, etc.. - will P: S also make use of other Live 3.0 features such as messaging, Live Aware and clans?
Will DLC(downloadable content) be supported - if so will both Premium(pay) and free DLC be supported?
respecting P: S already has some excellent sounding music audio with its' own soundtrack, will Custom Soundtracks be supported at least in part(like for multiplayer)?
What are some great fansites for the game? I'm looking for some great sources to get all platform-specific facts & info about the game. I've read previews on sites like Gamespot, 1UP, Gamespy, IGN, TXB etc but some answers were not to be found, that I saw.

Groove
14th Feb 2005, 14:51
So is anytime a rule is broken usually the only time a mod responds - aside from the occasional game-related reply? Are my questions too complex? Too difficult to answer? :rolleyes:

arche[T]ype
14th Feb 2005, 18:25
It seems so. I think they should at least make posts telling you that they can't answer your question.

Clumsyorchid
14th Feb 2005, 18:45
Ha, I was about to write that. Everything that's available about the game can be read in the many Q&A's coming from the dev team. Plenty of information is available already, and the game is very soon to release :)- so have patience.

Groove
14th Feb 2005, 19:50
I appreciate the response.

Here's an answer or two I gleaned from a couple articles, at least the answers are assumed:

Will Project: Snowblind include bot support in multiplayer - at least for offline mp?
Since mp is only supported through system link or Live and only one player offline(according to TXB), I'm going to assume bots won't be supported, nor will split-screen mp.
What Live components are supported? Aside from the usual prerequisites - Friends List, Voice, etc.. - will P: S also make use of other Live 3.0 features such as messaging, Live Aware and clans?
I'm also assuming Project Snowblind won't support most features except Voice Chat(a prerequisite for all Live-enabled titles), Friends List(ditto), OptiMatch(not the Halo 2 style OptiMatch, but what's been the standard), MatchMaking(standard). Doubtful: Clans(personally I could care less), Text and/or Voice messaging. Possible: Live Aware.
Will DLC(downloadable content) be supported - if so will both Premium(pay) and free DLC be supported?
It appears DLC is supported, what form it will take is all that remains to be seen.
respecting P: S already has some excellent sounding music audio with its' own soundtrack, will Custom Soundtracks be supported at least in part(like for multiplayer)?
Doesn't appear Custom Soundtracks will be supported.

Other Xbox version-related questions people have asked:
Q: Will P: S support Dolby 5.1 Surround?
A: Yes, according to an interview (http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/907/Project-Snowblind-Interview/p1/) TXB did with Producer John Chowanec some time ago it will.