PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovered

millnatla
10th Feb 2005, 18:36
Hello everybody. I am ashamed to say that in recent months that Lara was put on the back burner after AOD in favor of other games :o .Now i have discovered the custom levels and my old hunger is returned (though i must say that the custom levels are a bit more difficult than the mainstream games). So i hope i am not shunned for the slip :) .

So now to the apology

I am sorry Lara let us never argue again

Currently playing :Lara at the movies

Solange
10th Feb 2005, 20:14
Try playing one of Psiko's games, TR A or COTW, and I guarantee you will start arguing again! :D

Oh no, you silly stupid cow! Not down that pit again!

Ofgs, why can't you JUMP! is it that bloody hard?

to name but a few expressions, the foul names removed as this is a family forum... ;)

millnatla
10th Feb 2005, 20:51
I tried TR A, omg how hard :eek: i have also been screamin at Lara with Lara at the movies :) . Which one is COTW?

TheBoo
10th Feb 2005, 20:57
Currently playing :Lara at the movies

A GREAT series......one of my fav moments was riding on the motorcycle and pulling into the parking lot of the Bates Motel... boy, did that give me the creeps! :eek: The other levels have surprises as well (Lara with RED eyes, woo!)

Another good series is Back to Basics, a group of games designed with no custom objects or wads. The idea being to see what the community of level designers could do with the same tools available to Core. It's really impressive!

And there are so many others.......you'll never get bored!

suzieq51
10th Feb 2005, 21:14
I discovered custom levels last year - started off with TRA The TechnoEgyptians (phew, that was hard, it only took me 6 months to finish! :D )
and am about to finish Lara at the Movies (fantastic levels IMO) but am having trouble with the final puzzle in the Movie Theatre.
Millnatla, which movie are you currently playing?
Psiko's Cradle of the World was released prior to TRA but I believe he incorporated it into TRA, so if you've downloaded TRA you've got COTW.

millnatla
10th Feb 2005, 21:29
Hello everybody . I am currently playing 12 monkeys ( i hate those around the pillar jumps :mad: ) .Favourite part at the moment is in Rebecca when u jump past Mrs Danvers and she just watches you ,i think it is comical :) .I must admit tho pulling up at Bates Motel wuz pretty cool.

Sophia Leigh
11th Feb 2005, 01:45
Try playing one of Psiko's games, TR A or COTW, and I guarantee you will start arguing again! :D

to name but a few expressions, the foul names removed as this is a family forum... ;)

And I thought only I spoke to Lara like that :D

Trinity34
11th Feb 2005, 02:07
hi millnatla.

Welcome back. :)

Deekman
11th Feb 2005, 13:34
Now i have discovered the custom levels and my old hunger is returned
We have another one!
Custom Raiding is a blast.

Boo - I mentioned that very same Bates Motel moment as one of all time favorite raiding moments in my review of that level at TRLE.

The Lara at the Movies was an exceptionally well done project. I had a totally grand time with it. Right now I'm playing Back to Basics.
I put all the level names into a hat and drew my order of play.

As much fun as I had with Psiko's TRA saga, I think his original versions of the first few levels were a lot harder (Center of the World, Techno Egyption Portal).

For a real change of pace I have to recommend The Quick and the Dead, and Astrodelica. So - Feed your hunger!

millnatla
11th Feb 2005, 13:46
Hello again everyone and thanx for the welcome back :) . Looking at the amount of levels currently out there i shall be feasting for quite a while. Tho i dont know how to convert the TOM files yet but hopefully i shall soon work that out.

Solange
11th Feb 2005, 13:56
Usually there is a readme file included in the download that tells you what to do, and how to do it. Basically you put the files in the appropriate folder (as listed in the readme) and then you open the file called tomb2.exe (or something like that, don't have the LE installed at work, so I can't check, but you'll see it! ;) ). Press "Add" and select the game in the list that you want to play, and press "build all". And you are set and ready to raid!

This sounds more complicated than it is! Don't worry, you'll manage! :)

RaidR_84
11th Feb 2005, 15:41
I used to play TRLE levels all the time, but I was (and still) eagerly awaiting two levels to come to surface...

The first level had Lara in the movie mansion...I heard something about it and then it disappeared....

the second level was something called house of screams...lara was being chased around by the guy from scream...

If anyone knows anything, it would be appriciated...thanks :-D

millnatla
11th Feb 2005, 17:36
I am waiting for these as well i think one is based on Resident Evil which i am particularly interested in.