PDA

View Full Version : Mounts, Minions & Pets

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 09:40
Hey everyone,

After just finding out that I can get a Unicorn mount (thanks Slecrety!) while going for the White Mage class, I thought I'd start a topic about the various mounts, minions and pets you can get in the game and where/when you can get them. Having not played too much myself I'm not up on all the details but if people can post where and how to get the various beasties then I'll update my post.

This should help all the new starters with queries because many people like me see someone fly past on a Coeurl or have a bomb following them and instantly want to know where to get them! So here's what I know so far but like I said, if people can update me (or correct any details) then let me know and I'll do so :)

Mounts

Ahriman:
Received as a part of the Veteran's Program. After second (90 Days) consecutive payment to Square Enix, the player will receive this as a gift.

Aithon:
"Red Unicorn" that based on patch notes likely drops from Bowl of Embers (Extreme).

Behemoth:
Received as a part of the Veteran's Program. After second (270 Days) consecutive payment to Square Enix, the player will receive this as a gift.

Black Mage Chocobo Barding:
Although not a mount in itself I thought it would be noteworthy here. Received as a part of the Veteran's Program. After second (180 Days) consecutive payment to Square Enix, the player will receive this as a gift.

Bomb Palanquin:
Purchased from Kobold Vendor at Outer La Noscea X:21, Y:17 for 120,000 gil when you reach 'Trusted' relationship.

Coeurl:
To ride the Coeurl make sure you have reached level 20 and also purchased a personal chocobo mount.
To obtain a Coeurl you must purchase a copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition. This mount will be classed as Bonus 4 In-Game Items.

Cavalry Drake:
Purchased from Amalj'aa Vendor at Southern Thanalan X:23, Y:14 for 120,000 gil.
N.B. Items from Amalj'aa Vendor available for purchase will vary depending on your diplomatic relations with the beast tribes.

Cavalry Elbst:
Purchased from Sahagin Vendor at Western La Noscea X:16, Y:22 for 120,000 gil when you reach 'Trusted' relationship.

Enbarr:
"Blue Unicorn" that based on patch notes likely drops from The Whorleater (Extreme).

Fat Chocobo:
Obtained from purchasing and registering a Collector's Edition. (Released with PS4 version.) All previous CE holders will be given this item. There is no need to separately purchase the PS4 version.

Goobbue: Only available to FFXIV 1.0 players
To obtain a Goobbue you have to find and speak with the Wandering Minstrel, this npc is in eastern La Noscea.
This mount is available for a limited time only - You can only get one before the release of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Gilded Magitek Armor:
Receive 500 player commendations.

Gullfaxi:
"Brown Unicorn" that based on patch notes likely drops from The Navel (Extreme).

Laurel Goobbue:
Purchased from Sylphic Vendor at East Shroud X:22, Y:26 for 120,000 gil.
N.B. Items from Sylphic Vendor available for purchase will vary depending on your diplomatic relations with the beast tribes.

Legacy Chocobo:
Legacy Chocobo is available to legacy players.

Nightmare (Black unicorn):
Rare drop from Extreme Mode Primals

Personal Chocobo:
There are a series of quests that will allow you to join one of the three Grand Companies 'The Maelstrom of Limsa Lominsa', 'The Order of the Twin Adder of Gridania' or 'The Immortal Flames of Ul’dah'.
You must choose a company and reach with them Private Third Class rank, the Commander of your chosen company will give you a quest so you can start earning seals for a Chocobo Certificate. You purchase a Chocobo License for around 2,000 company seals from the Quartermaster.
Now you can own a permanent version of the Chocobo, just take your Chocobo Issuance pass and speak with the stable vendor to receive your mount.

Magitek Armor:
Acquired after completing the Main Storyline.

Warbear:
Obtain "But Somebody's Gotta Do It (Warrior)" achievement by completing 200 high-level full party duties as a warrior. Once achieved, talk to Jonathan at Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania.

Warlion:
Obtain "But Somebody's Gotta Do It (Paladin)" achievement by completing 200 high-level full party duties as a paladin. Once achieved, talk to Jonathan at Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania.

Unicorn:
This can be obtained while going for the White Mage advanced class (from conjurer) and there is a quest at the Conjurers Guild.
Unicorn can be acquired when you level Conjurer to 30 and complete a White Mage quest line.

Xanthos:
"Green Unicorn" that based on patch notes likely drops from Howling Eye (Extreme).

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 10:11
Here's a list of the minions I've managed to find out about. As before if anyone has additional info please let me know :)

Minions

Baby Bat: Purchased from Junkmonger Nonoroon for 2400 gil in Poor Maid's Mill, Upper La Noscea (west side of the lake) (X?, Y?) Note: Follow Nonoroon until he stops walking around and sets up his shop.
Baby Behemoth: Received as an in-game gift for purchasing the Collectors Edition of Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn.
Baby Bun:Rewarded for completing the FATE: Lazy For You with Gold Medal rating in East Shroud, by Castrum Oriens (x??,y??).
Baby Op-Opo: Random drop from last boss in Brayflox (Hard) - straight to inv, not rolled on.
Baby Raptor: Purchased from Auriana for 125 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy in Revenant's Toll, Mor Dhona (x22,y8) Also can be purchased from Boughberry Trader for 2400 gil in Redbelly Hive, South Shroud (x22,y17) after the successful completion of the FATE chain Clearing The Hive.
Baby Zu:??
Beady Eye: Received as a part of the Veteran's Program; After third (90 Day) consecutive payment to Square Enix the player will receive this as a gift.
Bite-Sized Pudding: Obtained from the last chest in the Wanderer's Palace dungeon (level50). Last chest before Tonberry King boss (random spawn since 2.1)
Black Chocobo Chick: Received as a part of the Veteran's Program; After second (60 Day) consecutive payment to Square Enix the player will receive this as a gift.
Blue Bird: Obtained as a reward from a Grade 5 Treasure Hunt Map (Timeworn Peisteskin Map).
Buffalo Calf: Reward for completing Main Scenario Quest "You're Gonna Carry That." (2.1 quest)
Cactuar Cutting: Received by doing a level 47 quest called Zombies Are People Too which is found in Southern Thanalan by Sagolii Desert given by Hab (X:24,Y:40) N.B. This quest is only available after finishing the main story and after the quest that sends you to Forgotten Springs to request the help of the U.
Cait Sith Doll: Received as an in-game gift for pre-ordering Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
Cherry Bomb: Purchased in New Gridania for 2400 from Maisenta <Black Raddit Traders> (x??,y??)
Purchased in Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks for 2400 from Bango Zango <Brugaire Consortium> (X9, Y11)
Purchased in Ul'dah - Steps of Nald for 2400 from Roarich <Independent Importer> (X10, Y9)
Chigoe Larva: Southern Shroud Quest
Coblyn Larva: Gathered by Miner. Level 46 - 50 Log Entry. Unspoiled node 9am ET, Eastern Thanalan.
Coeurl Kitten: Reward from Side Quest "Curiosity Killed the Coeurl." Given by Skribyld in Western La Noscea at (X26, Y26) Must complete pre-requisite quest "Like Cats and Dogs."
Demon Brick: Obtained from the first chest in Amdapor Keep (go left before entering the first boss's room).
Dust Bunny: Purchased from Auriana for 30 Allagan Tomestones of Mythology in Revenant's Toll, Mor Dhona (x22,y8)
Flame Hatchling: urchased from The Immortal Flames Grand Company vendor for 20000 seals.
Fledgling Apkallu: ??
Fledgling Dodo: Purchased from Auriana for 30 Allagan Tomestones of Mythology in Revenant's Toll, Mor Dhona (x22,y8)
Gigantpole: Gathered by Fisher. Very rare catch in the Burning Wall in Eastern Thanalan (use Topwater Frog).
Goobbue Sproutling: After the completion of Level 33 Main Story Quest It Was A Very Good Year.
Gravel Golem: Crafted by Goldsmith. Level 46 - 50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93, Durability: 80. Material: 99 Wind Shard, 3 Astral Rock
Infant Imp: Get gold reward at the FATE "Go, Go, Gorgimera!" in Northern Thanalan
Kidragora: Gathered by Botanist. Level 46-50 Log Entry. East Shroud (x??,y??)
Magic Broom: Crafted (CRP) Wind Shard x99, Glazenut x1, Broombush x1, Rosewood branch x1, Ancient Lumber x1
Mammet #001: purchased in New Gridania for 2400 from Maisenta <Black Raddit Traders> (x??,y??)
Purchased in Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks for 2400 from Bango Zango <Brugaire Consortium> (X9, Y11)
Purchased in Ul'dah - Steps of Nald for 2400 from Roarich <Independent Importer> (X10, Y9)
Mammet #003G: Rewarded for completing their respective Grand Company's Hunting Log. (Gridania)
Mammet #003L: Rewarded for completing their respective Grand Company's Hunting Log. (Limsa)
Mammet #003U: Rewarded for completing their respective Grand Company's Hunting Log. (Ul'Dah)
Mini Mole: ??
Minute Mindflayer:
Minion of Light:Received as a part of the Veteran's Program. After second (180 Days) consecutive payment to Square Enix, the player will receive this as a gift. Summons a Fighter, White Mage or Black Mage. Changes each time summoned.
Model Vanguard: Crafted by Goldsmith. Level 46 - 50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93, Durability: 80. Material: 99 Wind Shard, 1 Garlean Steel Plate, 1 Garlean Steel Joint
Morbol Bulb: Obtained from a chest in the Aurum Vale dungeon (level47) after the first boss.
Note: Aurum Vale quest can be picked up in Vesper Bay (west of Horizon).
Plush Cushion: Crafted (WVR) Lightning Shard x99, Glazenut x1, Jute Cloth x1, Undyed Cotton Cloth x1, Cotton Boll x1
Princely Hatchling: Receive 50 player commendations.
Pudgy Puk: Rewarded for completing the FATE "The Eyes Have It" with a Gold Medal rating in Cotheras, west of Camp Dragonhead (X16,Y20)
Note: The boss' 100 Tonze Swing has no visible radius and deals massive damage (~4000-5000 damage). Run away as far as possible.
Serpent Hatchling: Purchased from The Order of the Twin Adder Grand Comapny vendor for 20000 seals.
Slime Puddle: Obtained from chest in Copperbell Mines (Hard).
Smallshell: Rewarded for completing the FATE: It's Not Lupus with a Gold Medal rating in Eastern La Noscea, south of Costa del Sol (x??,y??)
Storm Hatchling: Purchased from The Maelstrom Grand Company vendor for 20000 seals.
Tender Lamb: ??
Tiny Bulb: Treasure Hunt Reward from a Timeworn Toadskin Map.
Tiny Colibri:
Tiny Rat: Purchased from a vendor for 2400 gil in Highbridge, Eastern Thanalan (east of Drybone) after the completion of the FATE chain: Attack On Highbridge (x??,y??).
Tiny Tortoise: Gathered by Fisher. Very rare catch in the Salt Strand in Lower La Noscea (use Northern Krill or Yumizuno).
Wayward Hatchling: Purchased in New Gridania for 2400 from Maisenta <Black Raddit Traders> (x??,y??)
Wide-eyed Fawn: Purchased from Auriana for 30 Allagan Tomestones of Mythology in Revenant's Toll, Mor Dhona (X22, Y8)
Wind-up Airship: Received during main story line as a gift when you have completed the Envoy mission and receive your airship pass.
Wind-up Aldgoat: Crafted by Weaver. Level 46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93, Durability: 80. Material: 99 Lightning Shard, 1 Vanya Silk, 1 Twinthread, 1 Chocobo Feather.
Wind-up Amalj'aa: Treasure Hunt Reward from a Timeworn Toadskin Map.
Wind-up Bahamut: ARR Original Soundtrack preorder bonus.
Wind-up Brickman: This was obtained through the Dragon Quest crossover FATE event.
Wind-up Cursor: Received as a part of the Veteran's Program; After first (30 Day) consecutive payment to Square Enix the player will receive this as a gift.
Wind-up Dalamud: Received when you purchase the Before Meteor - Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack (Blu-Ray Music Disk).
Wind-up Dullahan: Crafted by Armorer. Level46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93, Durability: 80. Material: 99 Water Shard, 3 Darksteel Nugget.
Wind-up Edvya: Associated with "Little Ladies' Day" Seasonal Event. Research reveals that "Edvya" is related to the seasonal event known as "Little Ladies Day". Commonly held around March.
Wind-up Goblin: ??
Wind-up Kobold: Available after attaining lvl 4 (trusted) reputation with Kobolds
Wind-up Leaders: Received as a part of the Veteran's Program. After second (270 Days) consecutive payment to Square Enix, the player will receive this as a gift. Summons either Raubhan, Merlwyb or Kann-E-Senna depending on the Grand Company with which you are currently allied.
Wind-up Moogle: PS4 Collectors Edition Bonus
Wind-up Minion of Light: 360-day Veteran Reward.
Wind-up Odin: 360-day Veteran Reward.
Wind-up Qiqirn: Crafted by Weaver. Level 46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93, Durability: 80. Material: 99 Lightning Shard, 1 Vanya Silk, 1 Twinthread, 1 Chocobo Feather.
Wind-up Sahagin: Available after attaining lvl 4 (trusted) reputation with Sahagin
Wind-up Shantotto: This was obtained from the Final Fantasy XI crossover FATE event.
Wind-up Sun: Purchase for 1 Elixir from Magic Pot at far end of Isles of Umbra
Wind-up Sylph: Purchased from Sylphic Vendor at East Shroud X:22, Y:26 for 25,000 gil.
Wind-up Tonberrry: Obtained as a reward from a Grade 4 Treasure Hunt Map (Timeworn Boarskin Map).
Wolf Pup: Reward from Side Quest "Man's Best Friend." Given by Skribyld in Western La Noscea at X:26, Y:26 Must complete pre-requisite quest "Like Cats and Dogs."

MatthewRMF
29th Aug 2013, 00:48
Can someone please give me a detailed description of the events that lead to being able to have a mount??

I started as an archer in Gridania.

If I good thinking there is no mounts in BETA you will need wait till full version.

Your guess is as good as mine. I would assume though that some are job or class related perhaps.
And there are quite a number of different mounts to choose from.
Although I wouldn't mind a unicorn mount myself... haha

from what information I gathered at lvl 10 you can rent chocob. then when you reach lvl 20 (at full version of the game) and pretty sure is most likely a base quest event to get a mount. not sure how many kind/type of mount. Pretty sure your first mount will be a chocob unless you get the pre-order deluxe you can get coeurl mount at lvl 20. I hope that help your question.

At level 20 you gain a chocobo through a main quest called 'My little chocobo' or something like that... I do believe that is available in the beta too seen as I've seen a great many people with chocobo's in game.

Edit: It's a grand company quest that requires seal's. Available after completion of the 'Hero in the making' story quest.

What about the Gobbue. I had the Gobbue for two of my characters but I coudn't find the horn in my inventory. Where do i get that?
In the Beta I saw people riding on their Gobbue.
Also what about characters that already had a GC chocobo in the version 1.0? Do I have to redo the GC quest to get that chocobo again?
I read somewhere that there is a NPC in each city where you can get your old GC stuff? If that's the case where are these NPC?

Thanks in advance
Jill1808

Named Mine Boko :D FFV reference /adjust nerd glasses

>:O Mine will be.... uhm... Bobo!

I'm curious - I am a level 18 Lancer, when do I get my chocobo?

I'm going to name mine Flapjack after my Mabari hound from DA: Origins... :D

Nanaki.

Got my items from mail.when I try to summon coeurl I get unauthorized to summon mount.is it cos I'm lvl13

Hey everyone,

So I have seen a lot of people riding the Coeurl mount, my question is, am I eligible?

I purchased the collectors edition off the EU store for $59.99

I am unsure if I qualify or not for the mount?

Any help would be great.

Kind regards,

Matt

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2780334/

If you purchased the CE you are eligible for it, yes. I believe you need to be level 20 before you can use.
It should show up in the in-game moogle mail after you register the CE copy.

Ah okay, I have my Chocobo, I might have to check when I get on tonight. Thanks so much for the reply.

It looks like a bell btw, i missed it the first few times i looked, its called Coerul bell or somthing like that

Thanks mate :)

I have my coeurl mount but it says not authorized to use it...I am only level 18. Once I hit 20 do I qualify or is there some duty-related quest I have to do to qualify?

I have my coeurl mount but it says not authorized to use it...I am only level 18. Once I hit 20 do I qualify or is there some duty-related quest I have to do to qualify?

Hey Derek666, the main story quest is the one you follow to finally get your mount, you will need the chocobo license to be able to use the Coeurl mount. I got my mount at around level 21 by the time I had finished all the quests but I also started them late. The main story quest is the quest with the fire type symbol around it :)

Hope this helped!

Mallust
29th Aug 2013, 01:31
You wont ever get to play your characters so getting items is the least of your worrys they keep saying we working on it but they already have over 100,000 refunds already and growing each day. Fail game of the Year.

Nogginbasher78
29th Aug 2013, 06:27
You wont ever get to play your characters so getting items is the least of your worrys they keep saying we working on it but they already have over 100,000 refunds already and growing each day. Fail game of the Year.

Oh do show me the SOURCE of your information there bud. Show me show me show meeeee! :lmao:

derek666
29th Aug 2013, 17:37
Hey Derek666, the main story quest is the one you follow to finally get your mount, you will need the chocobo license to be able to use the Coeurl mount. I got my mount at around level 21 by the time I had finished all the quests but I also started them late. The main story quest is the quest with the fire type symbol around it :)

Hope this helped!

Thanks so much for the info...I have been working the storyline quests. Hopefully there are not more duty-related quests to do to get this mount. Very hard to get a group up it seems.

Dethlyss
29th Aug 2013, 19:40
I got my Courel mount and am lvl 20 atm when do you get to use them?

TheRealKraggy
29th Aug 2013, 19:59
If it's like V1 you need to achieve a certain rank in a Grand Company to buy a chocobo license. Long time since I got mine so don't recall the details, if no one else gives you a full answer try Googling 'chocobo license ffxiv' that should hopefully point you in the right direction.

SageJMP
30th Aug 2013, 00:29
When you join a grand company, there will be a guy there that will give you a quest to "obtain 2000 seals and use them to buy chocobo insurance."

Virtue04
30th Aug 2013, 13:47
This was actually pretty nice, thank you for that. n.n

Hippy_Pickle
30th Aug 2013, 13:52
There's quite a bit of data on some of the minions missing, this is all I could find at the time but if anyone knows about the missing ones then let me know and I'll update it :)

Jayy28
31st Aug 2013, 01:45
There are a series of quests that will allow you to join one of the three Grand Companies 'The Maelstrom of Limsa Lominsa', 'The Order of the Twin Adder of Gridania' or 'The Immortal Flames of Ul’dah'.
You must choose a company and reach with them Private Third Class rank, the Commander of your chosen company will give you a quest so you can start earning seals for a Chocobo Certificate. You purchase a Chocobo License for around 2,000 company seals from the Quartermaster.
Now you can own a permanent version of the Chocobo, just take your Chocobo Issuance pass and speak with the stable vendor to receive your mount.

Just curious, What level do you need to be to start receiving these quests? Also can you only join the Grand company of the city you originally started in, or do you get the choice when you reach the specific level?

amarantine4
31st Aug 2013, 02:19
The minions give anything important? Like status, or help in battle or something like that? Or are just decorative?

Majestyc1k
31st Aug 2013, 07:57
Grand Company: as part of the main story chain (around lvl 20ish), you will be able to choose which of the three GC's to join. I chose to join my home city. The choice is yours. Once you accept and are officially inducted (quest line), you can then pick up the quest to work on getting your chocobo mount. It will take 2000 seals to finish the quest. Seals can be obtained from GC leves, GC hunting log, and doing Fates. In Ul'Dah, the GC contact was in Drybone Camp. I was able to obtain enough seals in one day to get my mount using a combination of the above. Hope this helps.

ChicCanyon
31st Aug 2013, 12:23
Im playing the CE edition of the game and received the in game mail for the minion (and accepted the gift.) but im not allowed to access the minion tab on my character screen. is this something im not yet able to do? Im a level 7 right so im thinking maybe it will be unlocked at a certain level or maybe there is a quest that starts the minions process. but im also thinking it may be a bug since nothing i can find online mentions any prerequisites.

*edit* typo in the title :(

ChicCanyon
31st Aug 2013, 13:07
Really something as simple as a yes/no to "is there a prerequisite for minions" is all i need here...

ArkCansada
31st Aug 2013, 14:20
Hi! There is not a prerequisite. I was able to get my Cait Sith from the mail and equip it. Your problem is that you need to use an item from your inventory to get the minion to unlock in your character screen. So...
1) Get minion from mail.
2) Find the appropriate summoning item in inventory
3) Use it to unlock the minion
4) Use your minion menu to summon the minion.

ChicCanyon
31st Aug 2013, 14:31
Hi! There is not a prerequisite. I was able to get my Cait Sith from the mail and equip it. Your problem is that you need to use an item from your inventory to get the minion to unlock in your character screen. So...
1) Get minion from mail.
2) Find the appropriate summoning item in inventory
3) Use it to unlock the minion
4) Use your minion menu to summon the minion.Thank you so much! It was my problem :) missed something so simple, still very glad you came along and helped otherwise it would have been sometime beforei noticed.

ArkCansada
31st Aug 2013, 14:33
A pleasure! Have fun! The minions are adorkable.

ZankokuRyu
31st Aug 2013, 19:35
So it seems that when I was playing in 1.0 I got a Chocobo through the Limsa Lominsa GC. Starting ARR I decided to join the GC in Ul'dah and followed the story-line quests until joining the new GC.

At this time I do not have a quest to get a company chocobo and my character sheet shows my Limsa company chocobo but I don't have the ability to summon it. Is there any way to correct this?

GoldX18
31st Aug 2013, 21:34
So it seems that when I was playing in 1.0 I got a Chocobo through the Limsa Lominsa GC. Starting ARR I decided to join the GC in Ul'dah and followed the story-line quests until joining the new GC.

At this time I do not have a quest to get a company chocobo and my character sheet shows my Limsa company chocobo but I don't have the ability to summon it. Is there any way to correct this?

After you've done the main story quests and joined your Grand company, and after you complete the first quest the grand company gives you, you can then start the chocobo quest. Again, this is given to you as part of the main story, there is no way you can miss this quest if your doing story.

You need to obtain 2,000 Tokens (done by completing fates, leves) to then purchase a Chocobo license from the GC QuaterMaster, then you can summon mounts.

ZankokuRyu
31st Aug 2013, 22:14
Thanks for the input, we'll see what happens. After joining I've been sent off to help the Sylphs in Gridania so I've been pushing through that series of quests.

GoldX18
31st Aug 2013, 22:38
Thanks for the input, we'll see what happens. After joining I've been sent off to help the Sylphs in Gridania so I've been pushing through that series of quests.

I assume your grand company is the twin adders? Well in that case, I got my chocobo quest right after i rescued the guys form the crashed airship.

Hope that helps.

ZankokuRyu
31st Aug 2013, 23:26
As I feared. I'm actually in Ul'dah GC. I helped the people with the downed airship and the chocobo quest is nowhere to be found. I believe that you're supposed to get it from the commander of the company, but they only quest there is level 44.

ZankokuRyu
31st Aug 2013, 23:43
I've submitted an in-game help desk request. We'll see what it turns up.

bulldog2712
2nd Sep 2013, 18:53
right im on level 27 gladiator and want to get a chocobo

this is the first time playing a ff game so please tell me has simple has you can , were to go what to do

ive tried reading on google but just don't get it ,join a company etc

I think theres more to this game that ive been playing
thanks in advance

bulldog2712
2nd Sep 2013, 19:06
this is what i cant get my head around

1.Pledge allegiance to one of the three Grand Companies and attain the rank of Private Third Class.
2.Purchase a chocobo issuance from a Grand Company quartermaster for 2,000 company seals.
3.Present the issuance to the chocobo stablemaster at the Chocobo Stable located in the city-state of your allegiance and receive a Chocobo Whistle.
4.Name your new chocobo.
After obtaining a Chocobo Whistle from the stablemaster, players can click on the chocobo icon located in the micro menu to summon their chocobo.

whitetigerh20
2nd Sep 2013, 21:18
I am also unable to summon my coeurl mount. I tried once and the mount disappeared and I have no clue were the mount went. Also, I have read players cannot use the coeurl mount till level 20 but have seen level 13 with mounts.

midnightsnow
3rd Sep 2013, 05:24
I am also unable to summon my coeurl mount. I tried once and the mount disappeared and I have no clue were the mount went. Also, I have read players cannot use the coeurl mount till level 20 but have seen level 13 with mounts. if you are seeing lvl 13s with mounts it means thats not their highest class they prolly have a lvl 30 class and are lvling their second class in order to get a job...my job is a warrior and in order to be a warrior you need to be a lvl 30 MRD and a LVL15 glad so see when i was lvling my glad even tho i was under lvl 20 i had my mount since my first class was lvl 30

TheRealKraggy
3rd Sep 2013, 06:36
I am also unable to summon my coeurl mount. I tried once and the mount disappeared and I have no clue were the mount went. .
Are you talking about the item you got in the mail disappearing?

If so, items like this are consumables that activate a skill/feature. In this case go to the Mounts dialog (one of the buttons in the bottom right of your screen) and you'll now see it there. You can drag the icon to an action bar slot or summon the mount from the dialog; same goes for Companions as well.

Though as whitetigerh20 explained, you'll need to be level 20 and also earn the Chocobo Whistle key item from your Grand Company before being able to ride any mount.

TheRealKraggy
3rd Sep 2013, 18:02
The minions give anything important? Like status, or help in battle or something like that? Or are just decorative?
Minions are cosmetic fun pets, Companions like the GC chocobo can be trained for combat and can be tank/DPS/healer types .. anyone having played FFXI will know the 'NPC Fellow' mechanic, it seems SE took that and adapted the idea for XIV's chocobos (and I expect other mounts).

@Hippy: well done on working on this list. :thumb:

ImWest
3rd Sep 2013, 20:05
Amazing thread, but just one little correction if I may.

Under Minions, for the Cait Sith Doll, you don't have to pre-order the CE of the game, you just have to pre-order any version of the game, being regular or the CE.
Even though it's nothing major, I just thought I'd tap in.

Hope to see this as a sticky, cheers.

ttuskey
4th Sep 2013, 03:29
So you need a Chocobo before Coeurl? I received my Coeurl for getting the collector's edition but can't us it yet. I don't have a Chocobo yet.

PoppaDoc
4th Sep 2013, 03:36
So you need a Chocobo before Coeurl? I received my Coeurl for getting the collector's edition but can't us it yet. I don't have a Chocobo yet.

yes, u have to have your chocobo insurance to ride your mounts

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 07:30
@Hippy: well done on working on this list. :thumb:
Many thanks :)

Under Minions, for the Cait Sith Doll, you don't have to pre-order the CE of the game, you just have to pre-order any version of the game, being regular or the CE.

Didn't notice I'd put CE lol, fixed it, thanks :)

Has anyone seen the Goobbue mount? My JP toon is on a legacy server and I came across someone with this, the thing is HUGE! I so want one but that ain't going to happen now :(

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 08:31
Love my Goob but TBH it's not entirely practical to use it, the camera position makes it a pain sometimes to see where you're going and steer.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 08:33
Love my Goob but TBH it's not entirely practical to use it, the camera position makes it a pain sometimes to see where you're going and steer.

You have one??!! Well jealous!! You should be able to give people a ride on that thing, there's certainly room! lol

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 08:34
Yeah, it's a pity it doesn't have the ability to carry a couple of passengers like some of the large WOW mounts do. :)

eridian000
6th Sep 2013, 06:10
Where the hell are the lvl 26-40 earth sprites? i need earth crystals, not shards and everywhere i go says north thanalan, but every enemy there is 49-50. where are they.

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:29
You can get this through crafting ;)

1x River Crab + 10x Lightning Shard = 2x Earth Crystals (Alchemy)

You can also get drops by a lot of different mobs, see the list HERE (http://ffxiv.zam.com/en/item/1000012/Earth-Crystal#Dropped_By)

eridian000
6th Sep 2013, 16:48
that list of drops doesnt tell the locations, just " the black shroud " and such, not very helpful. and why would i waste time getting alchemy ingredients when i could just kill a lvl 26-40 earth sprite and get 3 crystal at once? for the love of god can no one just simply say " hey lvl 26 earth sprites are here" ? i have asked this question 100 times in game and they always tell me wrong locations or the locatios of shards and not the crystals, its getting rather irritating at this point lol.

bulldog2712
7th Sep 2013, 09:24
try costa del sol or dragonhead

Jungle_twist1991
8th Sep 2013, 20:49
Is that an actual Minion? If so, how would I go about getting it? It looks awesome and adorable at the same time I WANTZ IT!!! Also where can I get the Flying Eye Minion. Thanks in advance! :D

Clay51
8th Sep 2013, 22:21
Is that an actual Minion? If so, how would I go about getting it? It looks awesome and adorable at the same time I WANTZ IT!!! Also where can I get the Flying Eye Minion. Thanks in advance! :D

The hatchling is 2400 Gil, and the "flying eye" I'm pretty sure is a exclusive item offered as a veteran reward fr the people that purchased & subscribed to the original Final Fantasy 14 a few years ago.

TheRealKraggy
9th Sep 2013, 07:10
If by 'flying eye' you're referring to the Ahriman mount then yes, it's a 'Vet' reward for subscribing I think for 90 days.

@Clay: it's not related to purchase of V1 as far as I know, it's a subscriber 'perk' for V2, but since I do have Legacy accounts then if it did need V1 then I wouldn't be aware but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Hippy_Pickle
9th Sep 2013, 07:47
I'm seeing grid refs around x21, y27 in Northern Thanalan for level 40 Earth Sprites.

Only other thing I can find is that they can be gathered with the botanist: Lv.26 Logging ( Lv.30 North Shroud ) and the miner: Lv.26 Quarrying ( Lv.30 Lower La Noscea )

Check out xivdb.com (http://xivdb.com/) if you need mob/item/ingredient info, always helps me.

Hippy_Pickle
11th Sep 2013, 12:32
Hi everyone, just to let you know I've updated the Minion list with more details I've found for some of the ones I had missing.

Still struggling to find details on the following though:
Blue Bird: ??
Buffalo Calf: ??
Fledgling Apkallu: ??
Mini Mole: ??
Tender Lamb: ??
Wind-up Goblin: ??

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Dec 2013, 09:23
Thanks Mod/Admin for the sticky on this :)

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Dec 2013, 09:32
I've updated the list with details of the veteran rewards due in patch 2.1 :)

Hippy_Pickle
24th Dec 2013, 09:42
Hi all, I've update the list again now patch 2.1 is out there are a lot more mounts and minions than I originally thought. All these have now been added to the list :D

Hippy_Pickle
4th Apr 2014, 15:26
Hi everyone,

I've just updated the Mount and minion lists to reflect the recent additions from patch 2.2 :D

Grimoire
8th Jul 2014, 14:03
Mount and Minion guides have been added to the main menu.

Grimoire
8th Jul 2014, 18:53
The Grand Company Chocobos are geldings? Rendered useless for breeding? But it was such a popular mini game in FFVII... =/

Hippy_Pickle
9th Jul 2014, 12:43
I'll get on updating this list when I can, been busy week.

Grimoire
9th Jul 2014, 19:43
Take your time - we're in no hurry, after all. ^_-

jerryernst
23rd Aug 2014, 22:18
So starting at Desert Yellow (216,175,80), I fed 3 xel apples to my chocobo. This turned him Millioncorn Yellow (226,152,46).
I then fed him 3 xel apples, and 3 o'gh berries. He then turned Pumpkin Orange (193,109,31).

from desert to millioncorn: +10,-23,-34/3= (rounding) +3,-7,-11 for each xel apple

using the data from this, i figured out o'gh berries with simple math: (rounding again) -14/-7/+6.

I havent tried using the green deepening pigment, but i would guess it being: -12/+5/-7

I would also guess the inverse symbols work for lightening pigments.

Given this, since i have now fed my chocobo 6 o'gh berries, his rgb number will then be around 150,89,50. which is closest to qiqirn brown (147,103,56). come 10pm, i will be able to confirm this is he does indeed turn this color.

EvaLouise
25th Aug 2014, 06:52
Okay, so probably a dumb question-

I had talked a friend in to getting FFVIX ARR almost a month ago and he signed up and started playing, but because I didn't "officially" recruit him, have I lost my chance at getting this mount? Or is there a way I can still get this to take him around when I help him level?

I've tried looking for the answer but I just can't seem to find one other than the recruitment bonus'.

JRuivo
26th Aug 2014, 01:04
I'm afraid you will not be able to get the bonus from that recruitment.