PDA

View Full Version : Hello

[T]Kizzao
7th Feb 2005, 20:50
I am a current member of the dying deus ex MP community and many of us have agreed to bring it over to PS. A lot of questions and buzz is going on about this game.
1. what are the recommended specs?
2. What is the REAL release date for the PC version?
3. Are their any established clans or what not for the game? if not I would like to declare [T]ranscend as the first :D www.clantranscend.com

I'm hopinh this game will be as addicting as DX or i'mma quit gaming :mad:

[T]Kizzao
7th Feb 2005, 20:56
oh and when I browse through the sites, everywhere I go I only see offers and vdis from UK servers, it is expected that it will not be a big hit in the US? Why is all the attention made towards the fans of UK?

jEj
8th Feb 2005, 06:51
If the game hasn't been released yet, how can there be clans? :p

BrainPrawn
8th Feb 2005, 13:50
I dunno. A pre-clan? ;)

[T]Kizzao, what sites did you see info on vdis from UK servers?

[T]Kizzao
8th Feb 2005, 17:54
i mean vids :D

arche[T]ype
8th Feb 2005, 21:08
At least give us some Min. Reqs? The lack of it leaves me to believe that the creators, even, don't know. Which is scary.

Hi Kao, Jej.

[T]Kizzao
10th Feb 2005, 04:19
:D we already running this place

BrainPrawn
10th Feb 2005, 14:40
Oh vids! LOL, I thought you were talking about server rental stuff.

[T]Kizzao
10th Feb 2005, 22:50
sorry i'm just an illiterate uneducated misimformed unsocialized unmannered etc [EDITED] yada yada :rolleyes:

[post edited -Clumsy]

jEj
10th Feb 2005, 23:12
Only to close personal friends. :D

arche[T]ype
11th Feb 2005, 04:00
or partners.

[T]Kizzao
11th Feb 2005, 23:34
dude seriously... us three cound run these forums and [EDITED]Eidos well we're at it

[post edited -Clumsy]

Clumsyorchid
12th Feb 2005, 00:31
Hey guys :)

Just a hello from one of the Mods over here at Eidos. Just because we don't post all the time, doesn't mean we aren't reading the forums. I for one read them as much as I can. I think it's great that you guys are interested in the game, but you need to respect our rules if you are going to continue to post on our forums. The official list of rules can be found here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=1

Areas of note are as follows:

No abusive language. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Hate speech is not tolerated. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member!

No Cursing or Swearwords. We encourage you to use our Communities as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. This includes the creative use of different characters to circumvent our censor.

These are in response to the posts I'm seeing popping up in this thread an others. I would advise everyone to take a few moments and just review the rules for future reference. For now, take this response as a warning. If any other issues arise in the future, the mods on these pages will either delete words, entire postings, or ban if needed. I personally don't really want to see any of those things happen. Thanks for your time,

Clumsy

jEj
12th Feb 2005, 03:40
These crazy kids today....When I was younger we didn't use swear words like the s-word and f-word - we said shoot! and fudge! We were squares.

While you're moderating I don't suppose you could enlighten us as to the specs for the PC version of the game, a possible demo or release date, hmmm?

arche[T]ype
12th Feb 2005, 03:48
:rolleyes:

Clumsyorchid
12th Feb 2005, 04:24
Heh, Sorry guys, I don't have any new info for ya. When info does become available, you can be sure it'll posted here.

mgeorge
12th Feb 2005, 15:31
I'm quite interested in this game myself, as the original DE was the best game ever IMO> I was at EB games yesterday and they have a release date of Mar. 8th or 9th for the game for the PC.

I also emailed Eidos and they quoted Mar. 8 themselves for the PC. I enjoyed DE 2, myself, (nowhere near as bad as reviews it has recieved from the originals fans), however it was no where near the game the original was. I think because it was multi platform, PC gamers got a bit ripped off and hope this doesn't happen with this game.

We can only hope they'll optimize it for the PC, instead of the other way around.

Bloody_Eagle
12th Feb 2005, 16:30
I'm quite interested in this game myself, as the original DE was the best game ever IMO> I was at EB games yesterday and they have a release date of Mar. 8th or 9th for the game for the PC.

I also emailed Eidos and they quoted Mar. 8 themselves for the PC. I enjoyed DE 2, myself, (nowhere near as bad as reviews it has recieved from the originals fans), however it was no where near the game the original was. I think because it was multi platform, PC gamers got a bit ripped off and hope this doesn't happen with this game.

We can only hope they'll optimize it for the PC, instead of the other way around.

:mad:

I hope the PC version sucks compared to the consoles!

mgeorge
13th Feb 2005, 04:35
Well now, I have nothing against consoles, I just find the controller clumsy and hard to get used to.

But to me the worst part is the small levels that seem to pop up when games are made for both platforms simultaneously. (EG; Deus Ex Invisible War, Thief Deadly Shadows). I really liked both those games (especially Thief,), but it seemed like I spent more time on loading screens than actually playing the games. Of course those are both Eidos games, and maybe other publishers will do a better job of optimizing for both platforms, or who knows? maybe they already have with Snowblind!

The thing I don't understand is the high system requirements and quite long load times for DE IW and T 3 on a comp. If the Xbox runs on a P3 chip, why so difficult to transer to a computer? You would think it would be the other way around and faster on a computer. Maybe someone could illuminate me on this.

[T]Kizzao
14th Feb 2005, 00:20
*sighs
you guys got the time ro edit my post but not work on the game? the dead line is coming.. feb 23rd... :D

Clumsyorchid
14th Feb 2005, 00:37
Hey I do this in my spare time (of which I have very little...) :). Besides, it took all of 5 min to edit the posts :p.

[T]Kizzao
14th Feb 2005, 05:48
:D ASL clumsy

[T]AlCapone
14th Feb 2005, 06:04
Kao, stop being Kao. It's time for a new kao. A snowblinded Kao. Hey mod, do you work onthe game or are you just a mod? Any ideas on how the game performs for nvidia vs ATI? Any bugs that you can give us to exploit in MP?(just kidding), and is the .ini going to be similar to Deus Ex.

[T]ranscend mode activ... eh, I'll wait for the game to come out.

[JOT$] KillerCanadian
15th Feb 2005, 05:30
Hey Clumsyorchid,

Just wanted to take a minute and say thanks! I have been on the LucasArts forums for quite some time and have yet to get a response from a moderator. It is nice to see that some companies provide support for their products and to know that you are listening!

I am a moderator of a few forums on my clan boards so I can appreciate the work you put in.

Thanks

KC

[T]Kizzao
15th Feb 2005, 23:38
:D dude i told ya Al I run everything I do :p

[T]Frost
16th Feb 2005, 06:14
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

[T]Kizzao
17th Feb 2005, 01:06
thats a total of 5 [T] members