PDA

View Full Version : So, who's your favorite Thief character?

Scrooble
4th Feb 2005, 07:31
Ah, a nice little poll to make while I'm in a thiefy mood . . . but don't actually want to play because I'm currently back in Shalebridge Cradle. ^_^ I posted just the main characters, for the most part. . I'm not sure how many people there are out there who love some obscure minor character I don't know about, but eh. .

For me, it's gotta be a tie between Garrett and Benny. :D

"No paw hooks?? What'd they do, just . . bump into each other?"

Ian Flaer
4th Feb 2005, 13:57
yeah, it's gotta be Benny. I mean Garrett is very cool and makes the game really sing but it's just not right to not give Benny his due. oh yeah, and get back into that cradle ya whimp, you could use a good scare... umm, I mean: I encourage you to return to your mission as you are depriving yourself of one the great Thief experiences, yeah.

Guineapiggy
4th Feb 2005, 16:02
Garrett of course!

Gillie
4th Feb 2005, 16:56
Garrett.There is no one,even close..No can catch him
He is Sublime... :cool:

Whatz His Name
4th Feb 2005, 18:21
Viktoria, her "babe factor" rates at least one vote. :D

Scrooble
4th Feb 2005, 21:14
and get back into that cradle ya whimp, you could use a good scare... umm, I mean: I encourage you to return to your mission as you are depriving yourself of one the great Thief experiences, yeah.

Ohho, I will. . .I'm just waiting until nightfall when it's all nice and dark and scary and I can start playing again. ^_^
I got the hugest scare while playing it last night, though. More so even than the first time. . .perhaps I should post that in the Cradle thread. .

bravus
4th Feb 2005, 21:37
Dangerous womyn...

The_Insane
8th Feb 2005, 12:12
Karras, Gammal, Lauryl, Orland,and Inspector Drept aren't in your poll..

Scrooble
8th Feb 2005, 23:13
I honestly didn't think any of them would be anyone's favorite character. :D (although I did consider Orland) . . .especially Karras. My god, that guy had the nerdiest most ANNOYING voice EVER! >_<
As I said, I'm not sure about the obscure side characters that might be someone's favorite character, so I put the main ones. . mostly.

Elizabeth
23rd Feb 2005, 07:21
I love Garret because he kicks butt, but Victoria had the Pagan scary thing down. I'd vote both if I could. They're my 2 fav's.

Gervasius
23rd Feb 2005, 16:12
Benny is number 1!!!!!

Mythrander101
23rd Feb 2005, 16:16
I'll have to think on this one...

Who is my favorite???...

Mr. Perfect
23rd Feb 2005, 23:29
Viktoria, her "babe factor" rates at least one vote. :D

Yeah, the evil rip-your-eye-out-with-a-stick babe factor. :p

I think I'd go with Garrett, even though Benny is such an essential part of the game too.

Kokopelli
24th Feb 2005, 04:48
Garrett's cool considering he and I tend to share the same personality in person. But Benny's the man - it was his childish questions and responses that help win my affection for this series.

jimusx
24th Feb 2005, 20:54
I must go alone with whatz his name. The "babe" is kinda important to remember. lol :)

TheJoker
7th Mar 2005, 10:40
Who is Basso the Boxman?

Scrooble
7th Mar 2005, 15:26
He was a character that appears in both Thief 1 and 2. You get him out of Cragscleft in the first game (expert mode) and you help rescue his girl in the second one. I have no idea why I added him, though. . .probably one of those "last minute" filler characters. . kinda wondering if maybe I should've added Karras. ..be funny to see how many (or how few) people actually liked him.

dogsolitude_uk
10th Mar 2005, 19:04
I voted Viktoria because she reminded me of an ex-girlfriend of mine.

Karras' voice reminded me of a cartoon character, though I can't place it... Hang on, from the Simpsons:

"I'm an electric car... I cannot go very far or very fast, and if you drive me people will think you are gay..."

...Or could have been from a Hannah-Barbera cartoon. Definitely something like that... But didn't Stephen Russell do Karras' voice as well as Garrett's?

Gervasius
11th Mar 2005, 07:40
Karras was pretty cool. He had that ultra-creepy-nerdy cult leader thing going on. I thought his voice was excellent. I was sad that I didn't get to fight him at the end.

Elizabeth
11th Mar 2005, 12:10
Yeah, Karras was A. too Whiney and B. had the I-wish-I-could-punch-out-your-face vioce. Constantine was a cool bad guy. It was fun destroying him. Karras didn't really quench my bloody thirsty appetite in the end.