PDA

View Full Version : Inner Cradle: White Hall

anepu
3rd Feb 2005, 22:42
I am currently exploring around the Inner Cradle and have been through all the halls that I could find, but have not been able to locate the White Hall where I am to pick up Laurlys garment to burn in the furnance below. Have found the furnance room below with the one Zombie patroling that area with the two stairs. Have been to the Treatment Rooms area and explored throughly and found an area called the Meal Room which is not shown on the map. Have no idea how to find the White Hall after exploring all the levels of the Inner Cradle several times. Would like some hints to get me going in the right direction?

anepu

theBlackman
3rd Feb 2005, 22:59
The dining room is next to the white hall (the area with the cells) you will need to read the notations on the "guests" to get some more information on HOW TO FIND THE DRESS when you actually try to get it.

It is a bit tricky. It is hidden quite well.

anepu
4th Feb 2005, 08:05
I was able to find the White Hall after reading your post "the Blackman" and eventually located the hidden garment of Lauryl. Made my way to the furnance sneaking quietly while the guard was out of the room and burned her gown.

Now I am at the point where I have found the toy in cell 6 and learned that I need to go to the exercise yard where the patient use to walk holding her infants ashes in the urn.

My question: How do I get down to the exercise yard?

anepu

Ian Flaer
4th Feb 2005, 13:52
just go back to the outer cradle, you'll see it on the way. it's right before the mist that takes you back to that area

anepu
4th Feb 2005, 17:19
Ok Ian

But where is exit going to the Outer Cradle? Have looked all over and have found nothing. Been in the Inner Cradle for a few days and don't remember where I entered here now. :confused: So I am clueless about where to find the Outer Cradle entrance.

anepu

theBlackman
4th Feb 2005, 18:02
Find the Dining room. Exit to the hall where you see the HALL OF RECORDS desk. If you put your back to the cage in the center of the dining room and face the tables there will be a door straight a head, with the cells to the left and right.

Exit the door. There will be a staircase to your right, a door across the room and the desk at your left center of the room.

Turn right and exit to the next room then exit to the next room.

By the way, any of the "Toys" can be used. There are a lot of choices. You can find the toy for any of the inmates and use it. The stargazer, and go up to the telescope. The metal smith with the eating utinsels, and put those onthe platter in the cage in the dining room. And so on.

anepu
5th Feb 2005, 03:51
Ok!

Will go back to the hall of records and explore the rooms before I look at the spoiler.

Will be glad to get this level finished :eek:

anepu

anepu
6th Feb 2005, 14:41
Have made it to the Exercise Yard in the Outer Cradle and nothing is happening. How do I get the urn of ashes to activate the portal to the past memories?

anepu

Gillie
6th Feb 2005, 18:21
It should work if you put it in the right place.
Unless you have used all the toys.Then you have to go in the cradle's memories as your self
You did not go back through the blue haze?Back to the outer cradle.You stay in the inner cradle.
It need's to be placed on the cart,which is just before you go through on the left.
It should take you to the past!. :eek:

anepu
6th Feb 2005, 20:52
Figured it out from your tip.

Thanks!

anepu

anepu
9th Feb 2005, 00:39
The only objective I have left is to remove the blood stain in the attic.

Where is the attic? :confused:

Looked in the Observatory room but found no exits there.

Give me some hints, has been a few days since I last played and now I don't recall where the attic is located.

anepu

theBlackman
9th Feb 2005, 01:25
Go back to OUTER CRADLE. Remember where you came in and found LAURYL'S painting?

anepu
10th Feb 2005, 04:15
I found Lauryl's abode in the Outer Cradle and got the new objective, then found the attic cleaned the stain up. I got caught by a staff person before I had saved the game. Finally I was able to find the serum bottle again using a previous save and when I got to the serum it disappeared before I grabbed it. So I reloaded that save again and and the bottle is still missing. How do I get the serum now?

anepu

theBlackman
10th Feb 2005, 06:55
Go back to an earlier save. But first, ESC, CLICK on GEAR, CLICK ON GARRETT, CLICK ON ITEMS.

See if it is there. Many goodies you pickup during the game never appear in your LOOT or INVENTORY. They are in your collection of miscellaneous keys and so on under ITEMS.

The game allows you UNLIMITED SAVES. So you might want to have one at various places in the mission(S) for just this problem. QS should be used only for a "Hmmm. This looks tough, I better have my insurance paid up." type of save.

And NEVER USE A QS to save the END OF A GAMING SESSION. DO A CREATE SAVE.

anepu
10th Feb 2005, 09:26
I discovered after checking in the Items list that I do have the serum after all. What threw me was that on the second attempt to retrieve the serum I saw it there and it highlited blue when I got close to it then suddenly disappeared. lol

I am using an earlier save and have to repeat taking the serum to the room that has Lauryl's painting. Have searched all over in the Outer Cradle and even though I had found it before I just cannot remember how to get there now. Have not had any success in my searching and could use some hints on finding this room.

anepu

theBlackman
10th Feb 2005, 10:18
Go to the outer cradle. Go to the desk in the lobby. Take the righthand stair case. Cross the metal deck past the Treasurers office. Turn right, go to the next opening and up the stairs to the top. Two levels and then you hit the attic.

Or go through the inner cradle hall of records. Facing the desk with the book turn right. Go out the door. Turn left. Opposite the elevator turn left, go down the ladder.

exit into the hall and turn left. Follow the hall down to the stairs on the left. GO up to the top level.

anepu
10th Feb 2005, 11:35
I followed your directions for finding the attic from the Outer Cradle and discovered when I got pass the Treasurers Office and crossed over the metal walkway construction to the door opening there that I was at a set of stairs going back down to where the stairs from the Lobby were located. Looked in the sleeping quarters as well and found no openings at all. Don't see how I managed to find her room the first time.

I am going to need the absolute directions it looks like this time.

anepu

Ian Flaer
10th Feb 2005, 14:18
I went through the basement to the far set of stairs and took that flight all the way up. you have to walk around a corner or two in rooms but it basically is one set of stairs all the way up. try that. besides the basement is pretty safe even in the past.

HEY Blackman where's the button for the spoiler feature?

Quillan
10th Feb 2005, 15:57
Go to the lobby. Stand behind the receptionist's kiosk, and face back towards the entry to the Inner Cradle. Take the stairs up to your right. Go past the Treasurer's office, turn right at the corner, and go into the next room. Look to your right, and you'll see some spiral stairs going up and down. Up leads to the attic, down leads to the storm cellar.

anepu
10th Feb 2005, 18:08
I went back to the room past the Treasurer's Office, but didn't find any stairs at all in that room. Just a wooden table with a note laying on it and 4 wooden chairs piled together on one side of the room.

Next I went to the basement level and went into every room and found no stairs at all.

Geez! I believe you have to be in the past when you deliver the serum and clean the stain? Can't understand why these stairs are not there.

Appreciate your help Quillan, theBlackman & Ian.

I have no idea why these stairs are not showing up as I know for certain where the Treasurer's room is located. I searched all the rooms in the basement that I could find. Feel confident that I found them all anyways.

Perhaps "theBlackman" will have an answer for this when he gets back online.

theBlackman
10th Feb 2005, 19:19
I went through the basement to the far set of stairs and took that flight all the way up. you have to walk around a corner or two in rooms but it basically is one set of stairs all the way up. try that. besides the basement is pretty safe even in the past.

HEY Blackman where's the button for the spoiler feature?

There is not one. Do this: Type {SPOILER} or {SPOIL} then your message like this USE THE [ ] instead of the { } then end with {/SPOILER} or {/SPOIL}

I went back to the room past the Treasurer's Office, but didn't find any stairs at all in that room. Just a wooden table with a note laying on it and 4 wooden chairs piled together on one side of the room.

You need to be on the other side of the building. The room you are calling the TREASURERS office IS NOT. You hit a metal walkway and a boarded up door at the end of that passage, if you don't turn right. Wrong side of lobby. :D

My error. I seem to become dyslexic when I use the computer. Facing the opening in the desk cage in the lobby, go up the left staircase. At the landing with the fireplace turn right and go up the stairs.

Turn right and PASS THE TREASURERS OFFICE, turn right at the end of the hall and enter the next room, then go to your far right front, and the stairs go up from there.

As you enter this room next to the treasurers office if you look hard right you will see the stairs going down to the basement.

anepu
11th Feb 2005, 01:31
I finally found the right room and stairway to get up to the attic and suceeded in following Lauryl across into the Outer Cradle.

She told me to go up to the Staff area and jump out a window and as usual I cannot remember where that is and the map dosen't help me any. Can you give me a spoiler on how to get to the Staff room from the Morge stairs area of Outer Cradle?

Thanks for the help guys!

anepu

Ian Flaer
11th Feb 2005, 02:29
rember that gate you had to turn power on to make work in outer cradle? well if you go through that, towards the inner cradle, there will be a long straight set of stairs on your right. go up them. before there was nothing up there and Lauryl will have told you that was the staff tower and that you aren't allowed up there. well this time there will be some extra rooms and a door, just make sure you have done everything or it won't let you past. most people missed the info on the hag if you don't have that you aren't getting through. hint, the kids knew about the hag and you have to be in the past to find it.

thanx BM, I'm gonna miss that button though.

theBlackman
11th Feb 2005, 02:33
Two for the price of one. :D simultaneous posts. :)

From the Lobby cage. Put your back to the entrance of the receptionist area. Go straight ahead and pass the switch to the power plant.

Go through the gate and turn right.

You are welcome to the codes, but be patient. The button may return.

anepu
11th Feb 2005, 04:26
Ok am finally out of the cradle now. :D

On to the next mission...

anepu