PDA

View Full Version : keeping this forum alive

haradrim
3rd Feb 2005, 01:09
Its as quiet as a graveyard in here, hardly anyone has posted for days (yes i'm guilty of that too). We've got to do something to stop from going mad with boredom, which is why i am suggesting that we can find ways of finding new information about this era in history (we can try to find new things on IG too but since we have discussed everything to exhaustion all thats left is to go over the screenshots pixel by pixel and check to make sure some officer's epulets are historically accurate :( ).
I've noticed that a few people on this forum have an M.A on this time period so i was wondering that if anyone had any spare time they could write overviews for us on different tactics, formations, etc. that could help enlighten those of us who have not had the privelege to study these topics. If someone has a particularly good article we can either ask for it to get stickied at the top, or if no one with that power is reading this forum we can just keep on spamming the post so it stays at the top.
If anyone would be willing to do this I am sure it would be greatly appreciated. If no one responds to this post 7 days from this date (2/2/05) I will begin to write one up myself (although the quality of this will most likely be inferior to those who have studied this topic at an institution).
If anyone has any other ideas to keep these forums more active please state your idea.

p.s. If this is a crappy idea please tell me and I'll forget the whole thing. I'm just trying to get people posting on a regular basis again. It makes me more than a little angry that a community as supportive and constructive as this one should waste away like this :(.

BlackCoat
3rd Feb 2005, 13:29
I forsaw the forums death actually a few weeks before i made the tread "suggestion: new stuff".

The whole issue revolwing around the absolute lack of new discussionsubjects, which in turn comes from being abandoned by the designers. Certainly I could invent something, but ultimately that too would be futile, as its unknown wheter that whole discussion is relaevant in the least. Or even intresting..

Now, this is what ill be doing.
I will check one last time at the end of this week.. and if there still is nothing new, I will delete the link from my bookmarks, making new visits rare indeed. I might check in when the game hits the local game magasines... but thats it.

Over and out.
..and thanks for all the fish..

jaywalker2309
3rd Feb 2005, 19:14
Place hasnt been abandoned, we just been very , erm, VERY busy :)

Preview builds have recently been sent out to the masses this week, so you should start seeing some more write ups about the game

cambronne
3rd Feb 2005, 19:16
I was beginning to worry due to the lack of activity. Please keep us advised of any progress with the game.

jaywalker2309
3rd Feb 2005, 19:23
I was beginning to worry due to the lack of activity. Please keep us advised of any progress with the game.

Will do. :)

hmm cant have short replies.. hmm is this long enough now? :)

The_Russian_Rocket
3rd Feb 2005, 20:43
Don't forget the interveiw that TAFN is doing. Hopefully that will be coming soon. That will give us more information on the game.

jaywalker2309
4th Feb 2005, 00:08
and u've got the eidos bods who lurk on here too..

sick
4th Feb 2005, 01:02
Preview builds have recently been sent out to the masses this week

TAFN is in the top 10 Google charts when you do a search for "Imperial Glory." We beat every major gamesite like GameSpot and IGN, makes that us belong to the mass too? ;)

Arctic_Wolf
4th Feb 2005, 22:18
While we're waiting for the previews and things and seeking something to do, why not we have a go at that little distraction nation role-play thingy on the community forums.

Dread_lahll
5th Feb 2005, 01:48
More imput is needed from the developers. We as yet know nothing of the game's substance; Imperial Glory is compaired to the 'Total War' series because what we see in the trailer. But we really still know nothing. Speculation may only to false expactions.
http://dreadmastersclan.com/clearmask.gif

Lonewulf44
7th Feb 2005, 16:19
More imput is needed from the developers. We as yet know nothing of the game's substance; Imperial Glory is compaired to the 'Total War' series because what we see in the trailer. But we really still know nothing. Speculation may only to false expactions.
http://dreadmastersclan.com/clearmask.gif

Have to agree, while I understand that it can become busy, even just releasing a few screenshots, say weekly would help. Need something or some info on like above, the game's substance.