PDA

View Full Version : Pagan's Jackpaw

anepu
28th Jan 2005, 22:45
I have stolen the Ritual write up from the shaman, then when I found the location of the Jackpaw I fired a Water arrow first, then a Moss arrow which caused moss to grow all over the alter, and slew the creature on top of the alter with blood on the moss.

But I am not able to remove the Jackpaw from the tree at the alter. Is there something I else I need to perform to get the Jackpaw?

Am stumped :eek:

anepu

tealsmith
28th Jan 2005, 23:12
As far as I know, The Ent won't give you the blood you need to complete the ritual. You need to place a dead human body there. For ghosters who don't want to kill, there are already two dead bodies lying around the level. For those that don't care, just backstab someone and dump their body in front of the paw.

Mr. Perfect
28th Jan 2005, 23:55
Where are the dead bodies? I generallly blackjack everyone, and I'd rather not kill one of them if there's a corpse about.

tealsmith
29th Jan 2005, 00:12
Where are the dead bodies? I generallly blackjack everyone, and I'd rather not kill one of them if there's a corpse about.

You're Mr. Perfect, shouldn't you be telling me :p ?

Anywayws, there's 2 of 'em. There's one right by the fire that's by the chest with the gold beatle in it. The other is a pagen women who got stoned and fell to her death... or something. Her body's located near the staircase that leads to the flooded celler before the Paw chamber.

Lobber
29th Jan 2005, 02:26
I found it necessary to use a noisemaker arrow to draw the beast to the altar, then hit him with an arrow to spill blood. Then kill him with more arrows, carefully.

anepu
29th Jan 2005, 03:12
Ok, need to place a human body on the alter to get Jackpaw.

thanks!

anepu

Mr. Perfect
30th Jan 2005, 04:57
There's one right by the fire that's by the chest with the gold beatle in it. The other is a pagen women who got stoned and fell to her death... or something. Her body's located near the staircase that leads to the flooded celler before the Paw chamber.

Actually, I did use the guy next to the fire, but I didn't remeber him being dead the first time I played. I figured he wandered into the campfire this time around. Looks like he'll be my go to guy from now on. ;)

ThiefFan
30th Jan 2005, 16:31
I had to do this particular scene several times; fortunately, I had quicksaved right before attempting it. I had to get him right on the altar, using a combination of noisemakers to get him top bleed on the altar and then wounding him several times until he was on the verge of death, then me standing on the altar and finishing him off on with my dagger.

It worked but in the end I wasn't sure whether it was my blood or his that triggered the response.

I never thought about using a dead body. I guess it didn't dawn on me because I logically assumed that a dead body wouldn't "flow" any blood.