PDA

View Full Version : playstation 3

GangstaLife
19th Jan 2005, 04:04
playstation 3 i hope will not be out for another 3-4 years, ps2 just came out like 3 years ago, playstation came out like 8 years ago, and not to mention, the new ps2 slimmer versions coming out, i understand they need to make money and stuff but jesus christ not every kid in the world has like $200 bucks to shell out whenever a new system comes out.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
19th Jan 2005, 04:28
Originally posted by GangstaLife
playstation 3 i hope will not be out for another 3-4 years, ps2 just came out like 3 years ago, playstation came out like 8 years ago, and not to mention, the new ps2 slimmer versions coming out, i understand they need to make money and stuff but jesus christ not every kid in the world has like $200 bucks to shell out whenever a new system comes out.

soooo let me get this straight...

you dont want a new system to come out..like a ps3...which will still play ALL of your old ps2 games? Am I following?

ps2 isnt making many games anymore it seems..the production of games has already begun to slow..sooo..I have a solution..dont buy it..

Clumsyorchid
19th Jan 2005, 07:39
Consoles typically run a 4-5 year lifespan. Knowing this you could have set up a system of saving money so that you would be prepared when the PS3 arrived. Remember this for PS4 :)

O.G.
19th Jan 2005, 15:15
hey I look foward to the PS3 so the XBOX won't be the
only system with super graphics not that the PS2 dosen't

but that seems to be the only thing the Xboxers have to brag
about,

go figure,:confused:

SeminoleCountyDeputy
19th Jan 2005, 19:29
Originally posted by O.G.
hey I look foward to the PS3 so the XBOX won't be the
only system with super graphics not that the PS2 dosen't

but that seems to be the only thing the Xboxers have to brag
about,

go figure,:confused:

xboxers are closed minded, their games arent that great, nor are their graphics..and yes halo is overrated..give me a socom and gta before any halo...

Clumsyorchid
19th Jan 2005, 19:35
This really belongs in the Community forum as it is an Off topic posting.

GangstaLife
20th Jan 2005, 00:11
yeah halo is really stupid. im not gonna just say its over-rated, i will just go all out and say the game is down right retarded. And like seminole said, their games ain't nothing compared to the stuff that ps2 has.

Anyone ever play NFL Fever?? Yeah thats an Xbox game. Halo? thats an Xbox game.

Also I just think that Halo is so over-rated becuz, all xboxers know that xbox sucks, and they can stand up for themselves by saying "Oh yeah? well xbox in time has all the games ps2 has, plus we have the almighty halo", give me a break

when i played halo i laughed, from how stupid it was

Clumsyorchid
20th Jan 2005, 00:56
I'm a fan of the xbox, I know it doesn't suck. My personal preference when purchasing games is to get the xbox version. Aside from cross console titles, I've really enjoyed such games as Ninja Gaiden, Knights of the Old Republic, Fable, Chronicles of Riddi.ck, Dead or Alive 3, Otogi... need I go on? Those games are some of the best of their genres, the system isn't overhyped, but under-appreciated.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
20th Jan 2005, 04:31
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
I'm a fan of the xbox, I know it doesn't suck. My personal preference when purchasing games is to get the xbox version. Aside from cross console titles, I've really enjoyed such games as Ninja Gaiden, Knights of the Old Republic, Fable, Chronicles of Riddi.ck, Dead or Alive 3, Otogi... need I go on? Those games are some of the best of their genres, the system isn't overhyped, but under-appreciated.

Well if you like those kinda games, then yea..great..but otherwise, yes I would say go on.

but how many copies do they actually sell? Star wars seems to make different games for different consoles..so I could argue that..and Rid****? dude come on..Ive never seen a game inspired by a movie.. worthy of 10 hours of playing time...also basically any game Xbox comes out with, is available for ps2 and IF ITS NOT..its available for PC..ganes such as socom for example..are not (at least i dont think)

How about GT4?, your precious lil "need for speed underground" does not even begin to compare to the GT series.... Metal gear solid? Also The GTA series..(and yes it eventually comes out for XBOX), SOCOM...if shooting lil blue aliens who turn to green s--- is your thing (or paying for online play)...then buy an xbox

Clumsyorchid
20th Jan 2005, 05:22
Originally posted by SeminoleCountyDeputy
Well if you like those kinda games, then yea..great..but otherwise, yes I would say go on.

but how many copies do they actually sell? Star wars seems to make different games for different consoles..so I could argue that..and Rid****? dude come on..Ive never seen a game inspired by a movie.. worthy of 10 hours of playing time...also basically any game Xbox comes out with, is available for ps2 and IF ITS NOT..its available for PC..ganes such as socom for example..are not (at least i dont think)

How about GT4?, your precious lil "need for speed underground" does not even begin to compare to the GT series.... Metal gear solid? Also The GTA series..(and yes it eventually comes out for XBOX), SOCOM...if shooting lil blue aliens who turn to green s--- is your thing (or paying for online play)...then buy an xbox

It's pretty clear, based on your "arguements", that you haven't played any of the games I've listed above. If you think you have me pegged as an xbox only consumer, let's be clear- I own a 2 PS2's, 1 Xbox, 3 Gamecubes, and almost every other console that's come out since the NES. So it's not like you are going to start a console war topic and get my goat. I'm simply tring to explain that quality software, other than Halo, comes out on this fine system. If you want to compare games you don't have any knowledge of, then I'm out on this topic.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
20th Jan 2005, 05:48
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
It's pretty clear, based on your "arguements", that you haven't played any of the games I've listed above. If you think you have me pegged as an xbox only consumer, let's be clear- I own a 2 PS2's, 1 Xbox, 3 Gamecubes, and almost every other console that's come out since the NES. So it's not like you are going to start a console war topic and get my goat. I'm simply tring to explain that quality software, other than Halo, comes out on this fine system. If you want to compare games you don't have any knowledge of, then I'm out on this topic.

Your right, xbox does have quality software, but there are people who seem to think the xbox is 3-4 years ahead of ps2 or gamecube..that is what gets annoying..you seem to not be one of those people, and by your first comment, i probably jumped to a conclusion that you were..so I apologize for that..

yes, I have played Rid**** and didnt think to highly of it, Old repb..yes I will have to agree with you on that. Xbox only seems "overhyped" because If what I stated earlier, how some xbox fanatics see it as compared to the new ps3..how can you compare something that hasnt even hit the market yet...again, my argument is that xbox is overrated and is relatively equal to the ps2..and again I apologize if I jumped to a conclusion with you

Michael Bolton
22nd Jan 2005, 00:41
ps3 is coming out late 05 early 06

SwamiG8R
8th Feb 2005, 22:38
xboxers are closed minded, their games arent that great, nor are their graphics..and yes halo is overrated..give me a socom and gta before any halo...

This TOTALLY pains me to say: but I agree with SCD

JKrunK27
17th Feb 2005, 17:32
I play both and i like them the same its just playstations game have slowed down and since ea sports has xbox live i play madden on xbox but im not close minded i know that need for speed will never be as good as the Gran Turismo series and i know socom is better than ghost recon and most other x-box games. I just don't like how playstation 2 online is compared to x-box live but i also hate paying to play online. Thats pretty much all i have to say

Enako
17th Feb 2005, 20:15
wow, you guys are showing alot of intelligence here ( not :mad: )

The Xbox is the best console better sound, better graphics, more practical, way better online multiplayer, and it doesnt break after 4 years!!!

you guys are kidding yourselves.

Yes, i too believe halo is overrated, but is there any FPS on PS2 thats better?

SOCOM :D I VOMENT ON YOUR CRAP GAME

PS: I LOVE PS2 AS WELL THOUGH

WHATS WITH COMPARING GT to NFSU? they are both on PS2, anyway the best GT was GT2, AND BESIDES "XBOXERS" HAVE Forza, burnout3 and project gotham. haha GT4 wont even be online!!!

SeminoleCountyDeputy
17th Feb 2005, 21:28
This TOTALLY pains me to say: but I agree with SCD

hahahah..YES!

and to the guy who said "vomit" on socom...socom was probably the reason consoles started becoming so involved in internet play..you say you agree with us that halo is overrated..yet you say there is no better FPS..I would take Killzone before Halo..and killzone was a sub-par game, hence, its place with Halo.

and yes..I WILL ALWAYS take any GT over any NFS game...

GT=wide selection
NFS=tons of ricers..hell they even take american cars ricerize them, by adding those big ass mufflers

Enako
18th Feb 2005, 15:04
you really have no idea what your talking about do you

Mr Radface
18th Feb 2005, 15:32
Closed minded consumers only hurt themselves. I own both.

Also, Xbox 2 drops before ps3. This gives Microsoft the opportunity to sell more units than Sony, getting the head start and all. On the flipside, it gives Sony more time to one-up Microsoft as far as hardware and options.

edit: The biggest advantage xbox has over ps2 is xbox live. It rocks.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
18th Feb 2005, 17:30
oh your right...I completely forgot about online play

I cant WAIT till playstation starts charging for online play..thats a real enticing buy for xbox..

Enako
18th Feb 2005, 20:30
sorry for my earlier comments, it just, i believe that anyone who thinks ps2 is better than xbox, is just kidding themselves. i do like ps2 cause it has far far more games. i am anything but close minded :)

SeminoleCountyDeputy
18th Feb 2005, 20:47
sorry for my earlier comments, it just, i believe that anyone who thinks ps2 is better than xbox, is just kidding themselves. i do like ps2 cause it has far far more games. i am anything but close minded :)

I also own both..and I do think they both have their perks for example..Xbox live is set up very well..but it costs money, i dont really care to pay when the only games I will be playing online are 25tolife and the SOCOM series..

I do however think the graphics on Xbox are hyped..I believe PS2 and XBOX are to closely related in that aspect, if you like more rpg games, Id say buy an Xbox, but a person like me, who is more into the socoms, gtas, gt series, and sports games (which both ps2 and xbox offer anyways) ..id prefer the game selection, but I will admit..both xbox are ps2 have become very very very poor in their game production as of late, but we all know why..

MAcSandNinEs
20th Feb 2005, 19:44
ha ha ha No MGS for u xbox b!tches !!!! ha! mgs has better graphics and framerate than 3 halos combined. I played halo and i loved the fact that the circles had corners! it made my day better.

Enako
20th Feb 2005, 20:08
does your tag reflect your age? nine

MAcSandNinEs
20th Feb 2005, 21:52
mah tag? wat r u talkin about

Thrilla
20th Feb 2005, 23:30
i wasted my ****ing money on an xbox,live and halo i thought it was gonna be better than i expected but its stupid, live isn't that better

MAcSandNinEs
22nd Feb 2005, 18:30
Live is a waste of green, dont bother with it because u dont ahve to paay for PS2 and u can get broadband for less than live and u can use it for a lot more things. I got hte slimmer ps2 but u shouldnt get it if u wanna get a ps2 cuz it will catch on fire

SeminoleCountyDeputy
23rd Feb 2005, 03:25
Live is a waste of green, dont bother with it because u dont ahve to paay for PS2 and u can get broadband for less than live and u can use it for a lot more things. I got hte slimmer ps2 but u shouldnt get it if u wanna get a ps2 cuz it will catch on fire

It pains me to have to agree with you also..

Thrilla
27th Feb 2005, 18:50
live sucks but 6 bucks aint that expensive for a month

BEER
8th Mar 2005, 03:47

i'm curious, has anyone besides myself ever compared your intelligence to that of a box of wet hammers?

SeminoleCountyDeputy
8th Mar 2005, 04:21
oooh he got burned..lol

Enako
8th Mar 2005, 14:32
im not sure what you mean, i dont think anyone has ever measured the intelligence of a box of wet hammers. just one look at your name BEER? tells me your either a child, a lay about drunk, or some fool who thinks it funny to name their self after an alcoholic beverage. however your probably all of the above :)

Clumsyorchid
8th Mar 2005, 16:24
Can we all refrain from attacking each other? Threads like these that continue down this path will be locked down. If you want to argue or call each other names, do within PM because it has no place within the forum. Everyone take a second and re-read our rules before posting again:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=1