PDA

View Full Version : anyone play socom?

Syphilis
16th Jan 2005, 22:48
anyone play socom here? i hope the shooting is similar to socom.

Nishua
17th Jan 2005, 03:14
I hope its not

Michael Bolton
18th Jan 2005, 00:39
i play socom

i hope the recoil and **** is the same but not the hit detection.

Syphilis
18th Jan 2005, 03:51
Originally posted by Nishua
I hope its not

why not

O.G.
18th Jan 2005, 22:29
I just hope it is glitchfree,:cool:

Syphilis
19th Jan 2005, 01:20
oh jesus ur not kidding

Reca
24th Jan 2005, 06:14
I play socom Im kinda tired of it but i think it is a good game.. I play in east 2 in SPY clan

check out our clans web site. drop me a line on message boards (www.socomspy.com)

SwamiG8R
25th Jan 2005, 15:50
Im in LSU, and SHY
SwamiG8R
and
Swami Soprano

usually in Central

sudsymcduff
10th Mar 2005, 14:54
i play socom

i hope the recoil and **** is the same but not the hit detection.
i agree here, i play s2 as well, and that and the lag really suck. it's just too popular :p my name is Mëøw? and i'm in [ATC] http://advancedtactics.fragwhore.com

Braided Thug
10th Mar 2005, 23:07
I hope its not
Ditto I dislike socom

MAcSandNinEs
11th Mar 2005, 00:55
Ditto I dislike socom

Socom sucks. It really does. its shooting sucks and about everything about it does. its just tryin to be like the movie "black hawk down"

Clumsyorchid
11th Mar 2005, 00:57
You know, saying something simply 'sucks' doesn't really tell any of us why you dislike it. What specifically about the shooting do you dislike? What specifically do you dislike about other areas of the game?

Enako
11th Mar 2005, 15:42
Black Hawk Down sucks way more, cheap movie tie-in. socom a decent game with some nice touches. yes i do give it a spin sometimes, but there are alot of fps games that just beat the pants off it for seer gameplay value e.g time splitters 2, halo 1/ 2 , half-life 1/2, doom 3, etc...

xBlitzerx
12th Mar 2005, 16:35
This game is gonna be worse for glitching. How do I know? It won't get enought attention to fix/find them all. Socom has a bigger dedicated team doing this. Face it, its impossible to get out all the glitches in the first version. There will always have to be patches.

Shugart BHD
13th Mar 2005, 07:23
Yes, but Eidos can learn from Socom's mistakes, not having to dedicate as large a team to this if they pay attention to the glitches in Socom. And Eidos if you read these, do NOT take mine or anybody else's comments about Socom III's release date being closer to 25TL's now as encouragement to release it early. Just make a damn good game and good things will happen. With game production lately, Socom III won't come out until Spring 2006 anyways.

M4A1 Gangsta
13th Mar 2005, 20:58
Yes Socom is the shiznit

sKiLLz
15th Mar 2005, 02:30
i love how people say socom suck, yet it's obviously the best 3rd person shooter, and will be just like 25 to life. i've got halo 2 and played it for like 4 months, got to a level 21 and then realized there is nothing to halo. Socom has team tactics to win, and individual skill. Halo is ALL teamwork. whichever team gets the snipers/rocket first wins, easy as that.

Smartmove
26th Mar 2005, 05:51
Yes, but Eidos can learn from Socom's mistakes, not having to dedicate as large a team to this if they pay attention to the glitches in Socom. And Eidos if you read these, do NOT take mine or anybody else's comments about Socom III's release date being closer to 25TL's now as encouragement to release it early. Just make a damn good game and good things will happen. With game production lately, Socom III won't come out until Spring 2006 anyways.

***ing retard Socom 3 isnt coming out in 2006 its coming november of 2005

Shugart BHD
6th Apr 2005, 05:13
***ing retard Socom 3 isnt coming out in 2006 its coming november of 2005

I know that right now it's scheduled for November 2005 release, but 25TL was scheduled for a March release at one time too. Most of the good games,as of recently, get pushed back, so I was predicting that Socom III will come out in the spring (that way it will be highly polished). Let's try and read before you start flaming.

Enako
6th Apr 2005, 09:05
who the f*** cares when that crap is out.

Shugart BHD
7th Apr 2005, 05:05
who the f*** cares when that crap is out.

Thousands upon thousands of people.

NinjaRaven
7th Apr 2005, 16:50
I played Socom 1 since it came out, way before all the cheaters. Then got the Socom 2 beta and reported 43 glitches, but they were so overloaded that more than half the glitches I found were in the game. Thankfully Sony released patches adressing some of the glitches. I still play Socom 2. I took off for about 5 months, but now I'm back. Eidos, I would love to beta test 25 to Life, if you read this.

Clumsyorchid
7th Apr 2005, 17:10
Lots of people want to beta test 25 to life, but all testing is done on site. There might be a public beta through Sony Underground, but I'm not sure.

SnareAce
16th Apr 2005, 05:16
I play SOCOM, and yes, I hope it's a lot like it. I'm really a lot more excited about SOCOM 3 than this anyway.

SnareAce
16th Apr 2005, 05:18
Yeah, you join PS Undeground, and you are noticed by the SONY people for different things like how active you are and such, assuming that you are of proper age, they will send you an invitation and a nifty little binder.

marker227
9th May 2005, 21:27
Yes Socom is the shiznit

Gotta love that DE :)

marker227
9th May 2005, 21:30
I played Socom 1 since it came out, way before all the cheaters. Then got the Socom 2 beta and reported 43 glitches, but they were so overloaded that more than half the glitches I found were in the game. Thankfully Sony released patches adressing some of the glitches. I still play Socom 2. I took off for about 5 months, but now I'm back. Eidos, I would love to beta test 25 to Life, if you read this.

Same here. I took off like a year and a half lol. But its good to try it every now and then :)

MeRLiNo
10th May 2005, 05:17
SOCOM:II is the best online shooter game period, i still play sometimes, but it kinda got stupid with all the people cheating, crying about guns etc. I just can't wait for 25 to life to come out, i'll be dun with socom for good, well atleast untill S:III. I hope this game gets updates every week unlike what zipper does, they give out ptaches and updates every 5-6 months :(

Kontrocity22
10th May 2005, 18:31
i love how people say socom suck, yet it's obviously the best 3rd person shooter, and will be just like 25 to life. i've got halo 2 and played it for like 4 months, got to a level 21 and then realized there is nothing to halo. Socom has team tactics to win, and individual skill. Halo is ALL teamwork. whichever team gets the snipers/rocket first wins, easy as that.
lol i know this post from skillz is old but i just started reading this thread and halo 2 isn't all about the TEAM... in team slayer if your hole team sux but you get like 20 kills you win... and if your team is as good as you you may get like 15 kills and teh rest of your team will get similer kills. getting snipers/rockets may make it easier to win the match but it don't mean you will. sniping requires skill and rockets are slow and as long as you don't SUCK you should be able to take down the rocket guy.

Socom is a good game and everyone who flames it is immature and probly never played it to it's full extent **hint** online play! sure i never played it online and i didn't like it cuz all i played was single player but online must kick ass! i like the aiming in socom and all i'm asking is that they make it more of an arcade feel with the controls for 25TL cuz if the game plays like socom... stealth like... the single player would suck... like socom's single player...

Kontrocity22
10th May 2005, 18:32
SOCOM:II is the best online shooter game period, i still play sometimes, but it kinda got stupid with all the people cheating, crying about guns etc. I just can't wait for 25 to life to come out, i'll be dun with socom for good, well atleast untill S:III. I hope this game gets updates every week unlike what zipper does, they give out ptaches and updates every 5-6 months :(
socom is good but the best online shooter ever? i don't think so... according to stitistics counterstrike for the pc is the best online shooter ever... and still is.

MeRLiNo
10th May 2005, 19:33
SOCOM:II 27,000-30,000 people on every night, not to mention when it first came out it use to be 45,000-50,000 people on a night, its the most popular online game out there, if zipper fixed up the glitches,lag,fixed the ranking system or even put out updates every other week it would be 10x better

You can't campare Socom's single mode to online mode, if socom didn't have an online mode it would never make it as a huge hit, single player is boring and to be honest i never even finished it.

Kontrocity22
10th May 2005, 23:52
pfft! 45,000 to 50,000 players? read and weep!

http://www.video-games-survey.com/online_gamers.htm

2002:68,077 players
2003:102,194 players
2004:91,684 players
2005:92,042 players

Socom ain't got **** on that.

MeRLiNo
11th May 2005, 01:33
Ps2,x-box>pc

Kontrocity22
11th May 2005, 20:15
Ps2,x-box>pc
wrong again my friend :P! Pc gaming is better than xbox and espesialy ps2. mods, better graphics, the works! sure pc, ps2, xbox got online but pc's online came way before any consoles did. Keyboard as well is the best way to play games (my opinion) because you can customize anyway you want to play the game. controlers keep you constricted to that controler and sure you can modify what button you want to shoot or jump of whatever but the keyboard gives you many choices on how you'd like to move and stuff. Pc games that are made into console games useally suck for the consoles but when a game is made at the start for all systems it sucks for the pc... thats y i'm getting 25tl for the xbox... and my pc's graphics card isn't that great... so it would be better on xbox...

if socom was on pc i bet that the game would have made a much bigger hit than it is today. ps2 is the worst platform for a first or third person shooter and thoughs of you who think not you proply don't have an xbox or a good pc for fps. Don't you remember doom? remember what platform it was on? PC! and as we all know (at least most of us) doom 3 sucked ass on the xbox. the pc version was much better.

like i said in other threads i'm not flaming socom.. i'm flaming the ps2... mabye a little socom. but thats because all you ppl won't stop talking about it!

Mr. Smileyface
12th May 2005, 23:54
i agree here, i play s2 as well, and that and the lag really suck. it's just too popular :p my name is Mëøw? and i'm in [ATC] http://advancedtactics.fragwhore.com

is that Above The Clouds?