PDA

View Full Version : FEATURE: Tears Of The Dragon: TRM-3

MissLara2U
15th Jan 2005, 17:45
Tomb Raider III is a Go!, but Lara's third silver screen incursion might not be quite what you're expecting. Gone is the 100 million dollar budget, a leading Academy Award winning actress and enough pyrotechnics to ignite the Eastern Block, and in their place stands Valerie Perez, star of Tears of the Dragon - a low-budget fan-film shot with panache and enough bottled passion to elevate an army.

While on the trail of an ancient dragon artifact, Lara crosses paths with crime boss son Chen Li with whom she has unfinished business. Filming will conclude in March and pic will debut Summer 2005.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/i/go_totd.jpg

EXCLUSIVE FEATURE, INTERVIEW WITH STAR, PRODUCTION STILLS AND TEASER TRAILER (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/feature/totd/index.html)

Enjoy!

M.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com
www.tombraiderforums.com

DaveJ
15th Jan 2005, 18:31
Yikes.

jso2897
16th Jan 2005, 02:16
What's that distant, hollow laughter I hear? Is it the ghost of Ed Wood?

midroth
16th Jan 2005, 02:51
Ed Wood is cult! Outstanding...quality.

Yep.

MissLara2U
16th Jan 2005, 05:05
* sigh *

Keep it in perspective. Some folk have banded together and produced a fan homage to the series. It's not Hollywood. It's just a bit of fun.

M.

DaveJ
16th Jan 2005, 09:09
Very commendable too - but they need to keep themselves in perspective.

Making claims of 'panache' when they can't handle 'camera exposures' is a little too bold.

Lets hope fortune favours the bold. ;)

I do look forward to seeing the finished article - anything with a wet Lara has to be worth a once over.

Trinity34
16th Jan 2005, 21:37
Its only the teaser trailer... I'm sure the rest of the movie is fine. :)

Valirene
17th Jan 2005, 06:38
Valerie here.

DaveJ we never claimed to have 'panache' - that was from a critic at TR Chronicles. I thank them for their support! :)

The lighting of the scenes is the director's call and he is now aware they didn't translate well to a computer monitor. The footage is viewable in the way it is meant to be seen… on the big screen.

DaveJ
17th Jan 2005, 10:12
Put it through a legaliser before you put it through a projector.

CatSuit&Ponytail
17th Jan 2005, 17:29
I just watched the trailer, and I think I am very excited about it. It felt very much like the games, and besides the over exposure of the film, it was looking good. I am sorry to say the bad guy was ummmmm not very bad, if you know what I mean, but Lara (Valerie) was pretty good. :) I think you have to remember at all times though, that Lara is all kick ass and everything, but she is always graceful. Walk with more fluid cat-likeness, even if the boots are heavy. ;) She's a got the strength of a dancer, an acrobat, not a soldier....but that is of course my own image of Lara based on that lovely walk when I have to press shift so she doesn't run off cliffs. ;) Oh, and the swandive and handstand of course. How are yours coming, dear? :D I don't envy you that! :p ;)

Since DaveJ works in the business he is professional, as well as being super sensitive ;)

John Carter
17th Jan 2005, 17:30
Legalizer shouldn't be an issue Dave, what with all the fan flicks of Star Wars over the years, do you think?

Hm, let's see, enthusiastic fans make a homage movie to our favorite game, what's so awful about that? (although, come to think of it Dave, it surely would be awful if you or I were wearing the shorts and tanktop and cavorting about in waterfalls ;))

Some people make TRLE levels, some write fanfic, some draw fanart, some make fanmovies. All for it myself. If the Eidos dudes have a legal problem with this, I'm sure they'll make it known.

MissLara2U
17th Jan 2005, 17:34
John. I might be way off, but I think DaveJ is referring to a polarity and colour balancer.

John Carter
17th Jan 2005, 17:38
I'm sure you're right on, I know nothing about movie making. ;)

Can tell you everything you'd care to know about division-level fire support digital networking, though.

CatSuit&Ponytail
17th Jan 2005, 17:58
Originally posted by John Carter

Can tell you everything you'd care to know about division-level fire support digital networking, though.

I love it when you talk sexy dear. ;) :D

TombRaiderChik
17th Jan 2005, 18:07

Hm, let's see, enthusiastic fans make a homage movie to our favorite game, what's so awful about that?
*applause*

(although, come to think of it Dave, it surely would be awful if you or I were wearing the shorts and tanktop and cavorting about in waterfalls ;))
hehe that would be a site to see ;)

MissLara2U
17th Jan 2005, 18:07
LOL!

DaveJ
17th Jan 2005, 19:35
come to think of it Dave, it surely would be awful if you or I were wearing the shorts and tanktop and cavorting about in waterfalls ;))

I personally look incredible when I do that - I'm sure you do too, JC......

A legaliser is indeed a piece of kit that clips 'illegal' black and/or white levels on video signals.

As this was shot on video for fan consumption it won't need legalising in the 'legal' sense (ie those rules that TV pictures need to adhere to prior to transmission) but if the team responsible want it to look as good as possible - especially on a big screen - they should at least be keeping an eye on vectorscopes and waveform monitors whilst editing.

Otherwise I know at least one viewer who will find it hard to forget all he knew about Lara Croft and be transported 'out of the moment'.

(As Catsuit pointed out - my other reservations about the trailer come from a career of having cut one too many ....) :D

John Carter
18th Jan 2005, 01:29
Otherwise I know at least one viewer who will find it hard to forget all he knew about Lara Croft and be transported 'out of the moment'.

That is very true. Probably not the best of advertising slogans, since most TR fans don't care to forget everything they know about Lara Croft. As for transportation out the moment, if "Bubba Hotep" can do it for me, I'm sure this will too. ;)

Thanks for the descriptor about the legalizer. Now I know something about making movies. ;)

Please allow me to reciprocate.

The MSE interface digital data rate for the Lytton Light TACFIRE fire control system is 24 bps. Now you know something about division-level digital fire control (as it was practiced in 1993). ;)

DaveJ
18th Jan 2005, 08:18
Your Martian technology continues to astound this Northern man!
(Thats a mechanism designed for 4-handed beings, correct?)

MissLara2U
2nd Mar 2005, 12:31
British red-top The Sun has published an article on Tears Of The Dragon. Full details below:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2005092282,00.html

Trinity34
3rd Mar 2005, 00:28
Thanks Mick. Looks like Lara is having loads of fun in the water. :)

Trinity34
6th Aug 2005, 21:58
the website has been updated!

http://www.tearsofthedragon.org/index.html

imported_Mark_
7th Aug 2005, 01:55
That's what I call a nice design! :thumbsup:

Sophia Leigh
8th Aug 2005, 03:17
Valerie, have you decided whether or not this movie will be coming to Sydney, NSW, Australia?