PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow info

Trinity34
15th Jan 2005, 15:56
Region 2 DVD news
Posted Saturday, January 15th, 2005

http://www.wvip.co.uk/images/dvd/SkyCaptain/SkyCaptainR2.jpg
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow R2

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced the release of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow on R2 DVD from the 21st of February.

Shot entirely in front of blue screens and employing state-of-the-art visual affects, SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW captures the imagination and takes the audience back in time to an era of dashing heroes and glamorous women. The gothic landscapes of pre-war New York provide a dazzling backdrop against which the cast brilliantly evoke the style and drama of the comic-book era which the film is based upon.

Law and Paltrow sparkle as the heroic duo battling against the onset of world terror. The superb supporting cast, including Oscarâ„¢ winner ANGELINA JOLIE (Girl Interrupted, Tomb Raider), ensure that the plot races along from one breathtaking adventure to another.

The disc will feature an anamorphic transfer along with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Extras will include;
Deleted Scenes
Gag reel
6 featurettes
2 commentary tracks

Posted by Phil Hinton

www.totaldvd.net

DaveJ
15th Jan 2005, 18:26
Region 1 version out on January 25th - Region 3 version out already.

Deekman
31st Jan 2005, 19:08
We picked it up last week and watched it over the weekend.
What fun!
If there was ever a movie that made me long for my old toy ray guns,
this is it.

Trinity34
1st Feb 2005, 01:12
I saw it this weekend too. Amazing special effects! Altho there were some cheesy one-liners I could do without but overall its something fun to watch. :)

DaveJ
1st Feb 2005, 08:26
The cheesy one liners were a deliberate inclusion to emulate the serial style, just like the art-deco and Lang inspired trappings.

Deekman
3rd Feb 2005, 13:29
"That's my ray gun!"

DaveJ
4th Feb 2005, 15:35
Region 3 version wins for having 6.1 DTS and a free model of one of the airplanes, and a bonus disc with an interactive game!