PDA

View Full Version : Should there be "cheat codes"?

pig
14th Jan 2005, 00:56
I know some people out there love to turn on "god mode" or "invicible mode" before heading online for games like Counterstrike and unreal tournament. I personally hate these people. On the other hand, codes sometimes come in handy in wicked hard games like the Tomb Raider series. So, online or off, should 25 to Life have cheat codes?

Michael Bolton
14th Jan 2005, 17:06
this game most likely will be hacked unless they have a good cheat detection and they probley dont have any.

CraZyPingU
14th Jan 2005, 17:22
**** CHEATERS!!!!

the only cheats who ARE cool are the cheats in GTA SA

SeanDaytona
14th Jan 2005, 20:50
With games like this I get rather impatient so I'm hoping that their will be some cheat codes availiable (All Weapons, Health, Etc.). In all honesty I can't remember the last time I played GTA the correct way like following through with the missions or anything to that effect. I just made my way around town to see how much havoc I could raise and to see how long it would take me to get busted or killed.

CraZyPingU
17th Jan 2005, 11:54
i dont want no ****ing cheats in this game... cheaters ar fake!!!

Kaotik_Cold_Caliber
4th Feb 2005, 18:02
i wouldnt mind cheats for single player but...

ABSOLUTELY

...no glitches or cheats online cuz there is a thing called ARMax or something like that. its supposedly better than the game shark but cheats for single player isnt that bad unless...that if u can unlock things from single player and be able to use "it" on multiplayer then NO CHEATS

Bubble_Machine
4th Feb 2005, 18:51
No, No, a million times NO!!!!!
I never understood why people always want cheat codes. Just play the game as it is meant to be played. If you can't beat a level, then try again. What satisfaction is there in beating something using cheats. Just play the games like a man and DON'T CHEAT!!!

Prowler
5th Feb 2005, 17:08
I say no, if your not good enough to beat it without beating with cheating then dont play. :D

Kaotik_Cold_Caliber
7th Feb 2005, 21:49
No, No, a million times NO!!!!!
I never understood why people always want cheat codes. Just play the game as it is meant to be played. If you can't beat a level, then try again. What satisfaction is there in beating something using cheats. Just play the games like a man and DON'T CHEAT!!!

I Get The Satisfaction Of The Fact I Feel Like God When I Use Cheat Codes And Cannot Be Stopped Its FUN!! :D :D :D

Bubble_Machine
8th Feb 2005, 12:12
I Get The Satisfaction Of The Fact I Feel Like God When I Use Cheat Codes And Cannot Be Stopped Its FUN!! :D :D :D

Why don't you actually get good at a game and become unstopable that way. It takes longer, therefore getting more out of you money. Or is it not your money that you are spending?

True Gangster
24th Feb 2005, 01:54
only if u can unlock them by winning missions in sigle mode only no other way 2 unlock the codes kind of like everything or nothing

Shugart BHD
28th Feb 2005, 05:31
There should be no cheat codes, especially if it is possible to unlock stuff in single player (I don't know if this is possible or not). That's the one thing that absolutely ruined Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain for me: people unlocked all weapons offline, and then since there's no DNAS because there's no PvP, they took all their new weapons online, without any of the hard work and effort that legit gamers had to put into the game to get the same weapons.

BEER
7th Mar 2005, 20:06
online= no, single player=yes.

Braided Thug
7th Mar 2005, 23:51
yes I agree with B33r h3r3.ONline HELL NO single player HELL YEAH.....And i agree with the other guy to and unlockable weapons is a great ideal to...>_> dont cha think? i mean you dont want a noob running around with a Rocket launcher shooting cars and walls?

RedrumType
8th Mar 2005, 18:20

I agree with beer as well. Because I am a socom player and when you shoot someone in the head pointblank and they don't die because of a cheat it takes the fun out the game especially if he and you are the last one left in the round. :mad: Also if there is a ranking system I don't want no little 10 yr. old at da top because he found cheats on gamefaqs.com

jon_canehdian
8th Mar 2005, 20:17
cheats are always fun after u beat the game u put them on and like run through killin everyone and u get to have more fun not worrying about getting killed but i wud make it strictly for single player

Shugart BHD
9th Mar 2005, 03:29
No cheats whatsoever. If there are cheats in single player, hackers will find a way to exploit them online. Yes DNAS is a good deterrent, but people have gotten around it.

BEER
9th Mar 2005, 08:27
i've seen glitches which are in the game itself, but i've never seen any actual cheats like gameshark cheats or anything online.

NWA_JayGutter_NWA
9th Mar 2005, 15:36
Hell naw homie not on online play but I can carless for it in single player mode. As for online I get ******** pissed if people ******** cheat with cheat devices(Even though I have one for The WWE Games) I have one for my wrestling games so I can get like 10 tables in macth other than that I dont use it even though I have games that where hard as hell to beat. The way I play games if I beat it no cheats it's not a keeper goes right to EB Games or Gamspot.

Shugart BHD
11th Mar 2005, 03:07
beer look up some socom hackers and youll see that they have cheats online, which means they have bypassed DNAS.

BEER
11th Mar 2005, 04:25
are you talking about socom1 or socom2? i know they're rampant in part 1 but i've never seen any "sharkers" in part 2.

Braided Thug
12th Mar 2005, 02:31
What teh Funk'zers are with choos
Cheating:A way of winning the game with out honer
This is true....Lemme tell you something The first time i beat GTA san adreas i only put in one cheat!Then i beat it again with all the cheats and it was just as fun.
My point-Cheating is bad But if you have beatin the game a couple of times then cheating will bring back the game's "Old glory" making you feel like its whole nother game(not completely) Thats why i vote yes on Cheats Yes offline and No online Actully There should be a cheat mode on the online mode like "Start with all weapons" or "infinate ammo" but no inviceablity mode or such just things like them that doesnt deal with the life time of the player =D
Read this then vote

Shugart BHD
13th Mar 2005, 06:58
are you talking about socom1 or socom2? i know they're rampant in part 1 but i've never seen any "sharkers" in part 2.

They're rampant in one, and there are a select few who've done it in two. Look up Code Majic. Here's a few videos using code majic, and notice the ESEALS on the menu, meaning he's online. http://www.socomcodes.com/idot1.wmv http://www.gamebarracks.com/main/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4

BEER
15th Mar 2005, 08:02
ok i just checked out the whole codemajic thing for like an hour, the forum for it, the site, the creaters, the whole thing and i believe that only the 4 or 5 guys with really lousy betas are the ones that have it and they play in locked rooms anyways. as far as it ever becoming a publicly available device, i doubt it very highly. besides all that, if it is released to the public i promise you sony will patch the hell out of thier dnas system in order to stop it from getting online. so far i see no cheating device that worries me, only glitchers.

Braided Thug
17th Mar 2005, 20:44
if some one realy wanted to cheat than they realy could you truthfully cant stop them.Game shark is a bish and code breaker you truthfully cant stop them