PDA

View Full Version : Aiding allies to gain land? Or even trade..

BlackCoat
8th Jan 2005, 01:15
I was wondering wheter you could give land, perhaps in return for a alliance?

Letssay you are russia who wants a strong prussian ally
And decide to help prussia get some western lands.. invade and hand them over, all in return for a alliance.

Perhaps leaving a contignent behind to make sure they manage to keep it too (and to make sure allies stay allied) ;)

Perhaps even trade land. But maybe thats too complicated? But sure could be useful, give austria some newly taken lands in italy in return for the balkans. That is, if they got there first, and you have no taste for war against another major.

haradrim
8th Jan 2005, 03:34
i like your idea for about the land in return for an alliance. That would be a neat feature.
In addition to that can land be traded to another nation in return for money?

BlackCoat
8th Jan 2005, 04:11
BTW i do wonder if there is any system of claims.

Such would make it easier for some nations to dominate some lands, also giving a casus belli, to the nation who wants to take some land it has a claim upon.

Fictional gamesituation:
Thereby making the world less upset when england retakes wales from the french, than when the french took wales to begin with. And once england has it, there will be no lengthy time of pacification either, something the french had to go thru when they held wales.

The_Russian_Rocket
8th Jan 2005, 13:24
That's a good thought coat but I would think that everything is claimed except the parts of Africa that are involved.

BlackCoat
8th Jan 2005, 13:55
Well sometimes you lose some.

Or how about prussia, one would think they would like to take over the ministates in the west and south? So with just a tiny bit help, the german empire can be realised a century early.
Sure would be nice to have them as friends, no?

Mr. C.
11th Jan 2005, 18:40
Originally posted by haradrim
i like your idea for about the land in return for an alliance. That would be a neat feature.
In addition to that can land be traded to another nation in return for money?

I like the idea too. I think it was Napoleon III that tried to buy Luxembourg from the Dutch, but the Germans didn't like the idea and stopped the deal.

I also would like to see the ablility to give land back to an ally. Say that Austria and Prussia are allies and Austria loses a province and can't get it back at this point. Prussia kicks out the invading army and returns the province to Austrian control. I think EU does this. Hopefully it will be in IG too.