PDA

View Full Version : 25 to Life Suggestion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Clumsyorchid
7th Jan 2005, 21:26
Hey guys,

I've noticed there has been a lot of suggestion posts popping up in the last few weeks so I thought it would be good to keep them all in one place. Feel free to post and discuss your ideas for what should be in the game for either Single player or Multiplayer.

When posting try and support your suggestion as much as possible with examples from other games. Do your best to show what works (or doesn't) through examples or experiences. Above all else, have fun and keep the ideas coming.

Clumsyorchid
8th Jan 2005, 23:34
From Marker227's front page threads:

Throwing Grenades/Dropping Them
When you throw a grenade you should be able to do it underhand or even basically roll it to your object. When you get shot if you have a grenade in hand but not thrown then that grenade or what ever is in your hand should fall then detonate. No matter if it leaves your hand the pin will shoot off when it falls.

Tactical Lights/FlashBangs/More/Equipment for Cops
It'd be cool if you could upgrade your guns to have tactical flash lights on them. Customize your gun. And that if you say like buy a good tactical vest that you can hold a little more ammo in your pouches. The cops also need flash bangs no doubt. But make it so you cant through them to far so its not realaistic. We need breching charges to blow open doors.

The Point Store
It would be cool that if you got certain types of boots for a cop and gangster that different kinds would make you run/walk differently, that way a player has a reason to get upgraded and push forward.

Arrest's
It'd be cool if we could arrest someone in stead of having to kill them everytime. Taking someone down is the last option for a cop. You would get more points that way for the store

When you arrest someone you should be able to walk them back to a game positioned car/vehicle and put them in there. That way a gangster has a chance to free his buddy before he gets put away.

Battering Rams/Team Shields
There should be battering rams for like a secondary so you can get into tougher doors wrather then trying to kick them down.

We could also use a shield for some kind of secondary. That way teams could operate better for busting in doors and what not.

http://www.tempe.gov/police/employment/swath15.jpg

RaB1D
9th Jan 2005, 02:02
theres 2 much fake crap out there
please make this REAL.

i like the look of the game so far, the modes look cool, but theres one area i am a little concerned about: "TAG MODE". the idea sounds real good if its done right, if its done wrong it will be a real let down. my deal is with the customization of your own original "tag" or graphic. there needs to be more than just an alphabet you can tweek , but a paint tool similar to other games, where you can actually draw your own GRAFF graphic, and this MUST be included. if not this mode will be little more than another crappy way for game developers to throw in cheap imitations of STREET ART into their game - im tired of seeing it. they need to stop trying to use the "true to dat street my homie g dawg" attitude and look into how they can make their game look and feel realistic and fun.

thatz it.

sick
9th Jan 2005, 14:46
On the official site (http://www.25tolife.com) there is a PC-CDROM logo. So far I know this game will only be released for the PS2 and Xbox, but in case it will be released for the PC it would be nice to have the option of selecting your own music from our hard disk and play in the game. It would also be nice not to have only rap music in the game, which is also mentioned in this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47542).

marker227
9th Jan 2005, 17:59
Well on some of my suggestions I've gotten them from playing socom.

Controller Sensitivity On both systems make it so you can change it online. That way its all about personal prefference. On Socom they have that and it does wonders for people who can react fast.

Add on to Arrests When you take the gangster to your car or wherever to make them despawn, it should be possible for a gangster to free them. That way its balanced... So it's not just like haha I got you in cuffs you loose now...

spyro411
10th Jan 2005, 01:48
Hey guys im new to this forum, but yea, about the grenades, when someone throws it at you in the game, you should be able to pick it up and throw it back at them or just kick it away because that's what i would do in real life and it'd be pretty cool to have that in 25 To Life. It would be funny to see the person's own grenade just blow up right on them.

marker227
10th Jan 2005, 02:53
cool dude. I think if I saw a grenade I would be like move move move! and just get away. :D

Another Suggestion:

Grenade Cooking!

This means you hold the grenade to burn off some of its ignition time. That way when you throw it your enemy doesn't have time to get away from it. They have this feature in Americas Army :). I'm sure Edios can figure out the rest. ;)

A Big Idea~!

I wanted to suggest somethings with the online play on xbox for 25 to life. Would it be possible to make it so the cops/gangsters could have its own player taunts like socom. Socom had it's own list where a player could make up his or her own text for the taunts or the team chat. They also had already programmed messages for it too. I was wondering if say the police could have programmed messages that could say like stop, put your hands up. Stuff like that. If this were to happen could it be possible that if cops managed to take down a gangster without killing him that he gets more points. A gangster could have a surrender option if he/her thinks they are going to die. That way they don't loose as much points for die-ing.

Online Game Types

Infiltration: The cops have to bust in and take some drugs and take it back to their area. This is a common type of game match.

King of the hill.

Defend match: Where a team has to defend a certain spot as the objective. (they might have this already)

Drug Bust: This is basically hot potato. The gangsters have drugs and the cops have to find it in a certain amount of time. The gangsters on the other hand can exchange hands with the drugs. So the cops have to keep searching the possible areas of where they can meet on the map. The gangsters have different areas where they can meet to exchange the drugs. But eventually they have to get it back to their main layer. The cops have to be on their tail and act smart to shut them down.

Assination: The cops have to take out a high leader in the gangsters relm. This is basically president. The gangsters have to defend him and will have a home field advantage.

----Guns! (Personal Preference)

I think that the guns that have stocks on them; like the submachine guns should be able to retract or lengthen for personal preference.

Guns should be able to be in the left hand or right hand.

If you have a handgun it should be in a leg holster either on the left or right left.

Rag Doll Effect!

You know what that means. When someone gets shot or blown up, they collapse on their own body weight.

I hope I'm not making Edios think too much :p

SeminoleCountyDeputy
10th Jan 2005, 21:17
Originally posted by spyro411
Hey guys im new to this forum, but yea, about the grenades, when someone throws it at you in the game, you should be able to pick it up and throw it back at them or just kick it away because that's what i would do in real life and it'd be pretty cool to have that in 25 To Life. It would be funny to see the person's own grenade just blow up right on them.

Id love to see the day you pick up a grenade...

your first instinct is not..wow let me pick that up..no dude

Smashed
10th Jan 2005, 22:31
Mic Chat
Open mic please....no clicking circle.

Realistic Deaths
When someone gets...maybe there are certain ways a person can fall...like to his knees and crap like dat.

Gangsta/Cop Ranking
There should be some kind of ranking like on socom for this game.

Badges/Medals
Should be able to revieve awards for marksmanship and stuff like that.

marker227
10th Jan 2005, 23:35
Badges

You could get different badges for cops to show what rank you have. Same thing for a gangster but with clothing or something.

Swat Vests with Name Tags!

The swat units should be able to wear a vest with your tag name on the back. It shows who you are and it gives that person a style.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
11th Jan 2005, 04:17
Originally posted by Smashed
Mic Chat

Realistic Deaths
When someone gets...maybe there are certain ways a person can fall...like to his knees and crap like dat.

Gangsta/Cop Ranking

Badges/Medals

1...open mic with 8 people on a team?? I dunno about that...

and ranking system? no..cause then it will turn into socom where people found ways to bull **** the ranking....

awards and marksmanship...I can understand that...

lazie
11th Jan 2005, 05:24
irish stylings
beeing able to shoot someone in the neeecap and make them crawl around or just cracking them in the neecap with a nightstick.

weed power up's
what kind of gangster dosent smoke some weed?
maybe there could be a health boost or something
( majik blunt it like violent j in the wrestling wring were he hulks up and kicks ass) and the cops could have like donuts or cevlar

face smashing
being able to take the back of a shot gun and smack it across someones face,maybe some pistol wip action,and some real cazacomie action like pulling the pin out of a gernade and walking into a crowd of enemys

Backup_pl4n{UK}
11th Jan 2005, 12:49
Robust weapons arsenal includes both lethal and non-lethal ways to take out your opponents - i got that off a website which means maybe there is gonna be truncheons and **** that you can beat the crap outta the gangstars with, and i think i saw a baseball bat in one of the screenies, sounds like some good [EDITED] to me :p

Bubble_Machine
11th Jan 2005, 13:05
Originally posted by Smashed
Mic Chat

Realistic Deaths

Gangsta/Cop Ranking

Badges/Medals

Open mic is a really bad idea. It is annoying having people talking the whole time, or hearing whatever music they are listening to, or other conversations that are going on in the background. Pressing a button to talk is definitely the way to go.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
11th Jan 2005, 14:47
Originally posted by Bubble_Machine
Open mic is a really bad idea. It is annoying having people talking the whole time, or hearing whatever music they are listening to, or other conversations that are going on in the background. Pressing a button to talk is definitely the way to go.

exactly...

SwamiG8R
11th Jan 2005, 15:25
All of these are related to multiplayer online suggestions

1) Limit the number of people in a "room", not in a game per se, Keep that 16, but in socom, there are 256...I say make it less, will this limit lag?

2) If you are "injured", make it where you are slowed down, and cant run as fast, nor shoot as accurate....thats realistic

3) Put in a hospital so you can slowly heal during game, if you are injured, or health pack, that are randomly inserted, not in the same place on every board

4) LAG LAG LAG....uuugh, ,make it not so

5) make sure there are clan tags, and friends lists, Battlefront was horrible, and SOCOM is good....

SeminoleCountyDeputy
11th Jan 2005, 15:32
Originally posted by SwamiG8R
All of these are related to multiplayer online suggestions

1) Limit the number of people in a "room", not in a game per se, Keep that 16, but in socom, there are 256...I say make it less, will this limit lag?

2) If you are "injured", make it where you are slowed down, and cant run as fast, nor shoot as accurate....thats realistic

3) Put in a hospital so you can slowly heal during game, if you are injured, or health pack, that are randomly inserted, not in the same place on every board

4) LAG LAG LAG....uuugh, ,make it not so

5) make sure there are clan tags, and friends lists, Battlefront was horrible, and SOCOM is good....

I agree with you on most aspects...but if you want realistic..how many gangsters will run into a hospital in the middle of a face off with police?

2ndly..people will begin to abuse the health..because people will sit and camp around the hospital..shooting people that go by with less health..and then returning to gain health yet again...this is round based..you can wait 30 seconds for the next round..

SwamiG8R
11th Jan 2005, 21:06
Originally posted by SeminoleCountyDeputy
I agree with you on most aspects...but if you want realistic..how many gangsters will run into a hospital in the middle of a face off with police?

2ndly..people will begin to abuse the health..because people will sit and camp around the hospital..shooting people that go by with less health..and then returning to gain health yet again...this is round based..you can wait 30 seconds for the next round..

the realistic part only relating to the injured/slow down part....but I see your point......just throwing stuff out

SeminoleCountyDeputy
12th Jan 2005, 01:02
Originally posted by SwamiG8R
the realistic part only relating to the injured/slow down part....but I see your point......just throwing stuff out

I understand what your saying..and I agree it would be a cool aspect, but people would abuse it..

marker227
12th Jan 2005, 01:06
Cops and Gangster new advatages!

A cop or a gangster could pick heavy armor (which means you run a little bit slower) and be protected easier. Or you could get a basic t-shirt or battle dress uniform (bdu) for the cops so you can have more speed. Sounds cool.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
12th Jan 2005, 01:15
Originally posted by marker227
Cops and Gangster new advatages!

A cop or a gangster could pick heavy armor (which means you run a little bit slower) and be protected easier. Or you could get a basic t-shirt or battle dress uniform (bdu) for the cops so you can have more speed. Sounds cool. '

I think everyone would be running around in full armor then..

do gangsters have thick armor?

marker227
12th Jan 2005, 01:16
well its all about personal preference and distance from where you get shot.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
12th Jan 2005, 01:20
well its all about personal preference and distance from where you get shot.

I can picture a bunch of us looking like that white ball of goo from ghostbuster, but in SWAT tactical gear..hahaha

marker227
12th Jan 2005, 01:21
:D

haha

SeminoleCountyDeputy
12th Jan 2005, 01:23
:D

haha

puff or w/e the fug his name was...or that stupid goodyear tire "mascot"...*sigh* im going to have nightmares..

marker227
12th Jan 2005, 01:37
SMOKE!

Smoke grenades and claymores are a must for cops!

Bubble_Machine
12th Jan 2005, 19:48
I personally would like to be able to pistol-whip someone.

marker227
12th Jan 2005, 21:03
Silent Weapons Guns!

This is a must because by looking at the trailers it looks like the matches are fast paced. So it would be common to have this just like socom.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
13th Jan 2005, 16:06
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid

When you throw a grenade you should be able to do it underhand or even basically roll it to your object. When you get shot if you have a grenade in hand but not thrown then that grenade or what ever is in your hand should fall then detonate. No matter if it leaves your hand the pin will shoot off when it falls.

It'd be cool if you could upgrade your guns to have tactical flash lights on them. Customize your gun. And that if you say like buy a good tactical vest that you can hold a little more ammo in your pouches. The cops also need flash bangs no doubt. But make it so you cant through them to far so its not realaistic. We need breching charges to blow open doors.

The Point Store
It would be cool that if you got certain types of boots for a cop and gangster that different kinds would make you run/walk differently, that way a player has a reason to get upgraded and push forward.

Arrest's
It'd be cool if we could arrest someone in stead of having to kill them everytime. Taking someone down is the last option for a cop. You would get more points that way for the store

When you arrest someone you should be able to walk them back to a game positioned car/vehicle and put them in there. That way a gangster has a chance to free his buddy before he gets put away.

There should be battering rams for like a secondary so you can get into tougher doors wrather then trying to kick them down.

We could also use a shield for some kind of secondary. That way teams could operate better for busting in doors and what not.

battering rams are still the best Idea I have seen so far, but that also means someone has to carry one..and no one will want too equip that...but I believe there was one on that trailer if I am not mistaken?

Arrests are also a great idea...taking someone down in a non-lethal method is a goal for all officers...but being able rescue them from the transporter van..thats a lil odd..haha

marker227
13th Jan 2005, 16:13
you can be resuced before your actually put out of the game Quote(spectator mode)". it makes it all like even advantages.

Thanks man!

SeminoleCountyDeputy
13th Jan 2005, 16:21
you can be resuced before your actually put out of the game Quote(spectator mode)". it makes it all like even advantages.

Thanks man!

Yea, but if they did that, they would have to find a way to do the very same for the cops..which they couldnt..besides maybe a med kit..but seeing as how the gangsters guns are being made out to be better than the cops (someone please explain to me how that is possible) in this game, I dont see them getting yet another advantage in "bringing their homies back to life"

marker227
13th Jan 2005, 16:28
yeah I see that. Trying to think of a good way to make arrests work. Handcuff them and they that counts as takinmg down a gangster but with a little extra.... but it cant be that simple..

SeminoleCountyDeputy
13th Jan 2005, 17:10
yeah I see that. Trying to think of a good way to make arrests work. Handcuff them and they that counts as takinmg down a gangster but with a little extra.... but it cant be that simple..

They could probably make arrests only a function if you use the "taser"...and you would have 3-5 seconds before the victim regains control..in that time you could arrest them..that way..it wont be simple because using a taser in a game, can not be simple agaisnt a guy who has an uzi

marker227
13th Jan 2005, 17:12
Unless!

You use a stun gun!!!!

The ram would basically be like the M16 in SOCOM. No one uses it a lot because it only has 1 shot and bust. For me I love those both. It means you havc accuracy and you will hit your shot. So the ram will be like its useful but not a lot of people use it.

marker227
13th Jan 2005, 18:57
Metal Gear Effect

You know on the ps2 version you can press some button and lay against the wall then roll out over a corner to shoot your oponent then quickly lay back against the wall again. They should have this because its an obyious feature that could help any player when getting shot at or looking for cover.

Oh its the splinter cell effect I think...

GangstaLife
13th Jan 2005, 19:58
Thatd be a bada55 idea marker, and seminole, gangsters have better guns than cops becuz cops have restrictions and have to follow the laws.

Gangsters can illegally get fully auto ak-47s and all kinds of wacked ***** like that becuz they dont have to obey the law, i mean if a cop wanted, he could carry an ak-47, but if it had the thing that make it fully automatic on it still, itd be against the law, you should just check out some sites about gun laws or something lol

sick
13th Jan 2005, 20:31
Gangsters can illegally get fully auto ak-47s and all kinds of wacked ***** like that becuz they dont have to obey the law
Gangsters should obey the law, otherwise we wouldn't need cops.;)

I think too the gangsters should have better and wider collection of weapons, but the cops better armory and skills (like more accuracy, more stamina) for compensation.

pig
14th Jan 2005, 00:46
From what it looks on the website http://www.25tolife.com it looks the single player mode will only be from the gangster perspective. I think it would be a better idea to see both sides, via "enter the matrix" or play as both a gangster and a cop I.E. the movie "Go". That would make a richer (and more politically correct :D ) experience.

pig
14th Jan 2005, 00:49
Metal Gear Effect

You know on the ps2 version you can press some button and lay against the wall then roll out over a corner to shoot your oponent then quickly lay back against the wall again.

Socom also has a similar feature, so it must work!

Michael Bolton
14th Jan 2005, 04:03
freeplay mode

just run around and explore/ no killing

SeminoleCountyDeputy
14th Jan 2005, 17:54
Originally posted by GangstaLife
Thatd be a bada55 idea marker, and seminole, gangsters have better guns than cops becuz cops have restrictions and have to follow the laws.

Gangsters can illegally get fully auto ak-47s and all kinds of wacked ***** like that becuz they dont have to obey the law, i mean if a cop wanted, he could carry an ak-47, but if it had the thing that make it fully automatic on it still, itd be against the law, you should just check out some sites about gun laws or something lol

ok..I will stay calm and assume you didnt mean to completely affend me with that comment...1st off..have you ever seen any kinda of swat tactical training..or swat meets?

have you not seen the guns they carry? I believe it was 10 years ago 4 guys robbed a bank in LA with AKs..the cops were not prepared and not well armed, ever since then..SWAT has stepped it up...M16s, Automatic shotguns, MP5navys, Sniper rifles that could put a hole the size of an apple in your stomach..and also..if you didnt realize..this game isnt a bunch of patrol officers running around...last time I looked..those trucks in the gameplay pictures on the site...looked SWAT to me..

and a lil bit about the "law" for you...the state of Florida is pushing to allow M16s to be STANDARD issue in the back of patrol cars...granted yes, the officer can not carry it, nor can it be in the front..but in the trunk of the patrol car.

and last but not least...the AK ban ended a few months ago...

State Requirements
Rifles and Shotguns
Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No.

Registration of rifles and shotguns? No.

Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No.

Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No

Handguns

Permit to purchase handgun? No

Registration of handguns? No.

Licensing of owners of handguns? No.

Permit to carry handguns? No, unless concealed.

Those are some Florida laws..so I ask you..if it does not require a permit to own a rifle in the state of florida..why in the hell would you ever think a cop/swat wouldnt carry them..

nojoke007
14th Jan 2005, 21:59
i think that any guy that dies, his weapons should be available for pickup 'counter strike style' where you can pick up any dead guy's gun.

grenades would turn this into a war-sim. cmon, honestly. someone tell me how many gangs use grenades? i think a police officer would be one to just carry pistol, pepper spray. i dont see any police handling grenades. if you use grenades, this would turn into the police as SWAT not police officers. if you want to use grenades, you must make it only for the police, in limited supply because we dont want grenade wars

marker227
15th Jan 2005, 04:13
SeminoleCountyDeputy

Nicely said.

nojoke007

Thats a good point about the grenades. Then we should only have flashbangs and or maybe tear gas for swat :)

xBlitzerx
16th Jan 2005, 21:29
Round based combat (As I'm sure has been stated already)

Also, allow different control styles. (ie. equal to 'Sure Shot' in Socom 2)

SeminoleCountyDeputy
17th Jan 2005, 09:56
Originally posted by xBlitzerx
Round based combat (As I'm sure has been stated already)

Also, allow different control styles. (ie. equal to 'Sure Shot' in Socom 2)

agreed, this game can have respawn, but it better have round based also..

Bubble_Machine
17th Jan 2005, 16:00
I hope it has a good lobby system. I really like how in Socom they have premade games like Demolition Medley. I prefer playing in those instead of ones that people make themselves, like it was in SW:BF.

marker227
17th Jan 2005, 19:33
Lobby Controls

Like lock and unlock matches.

Boot players.

All the stuff that Ghost Recon 2 has.

You can change the game type in the server without making a new one. That really kicks but. Samething with changing levels and so on.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
17th Jan 2005, 19:46
On the single player aspect...

the designers should take a look at the game mercs, its open ended, alot of driving from mission to mission which can be a pain, but if that was done lets say in a patrol car or...for the gangsters anything on 20in rims..it would be interesting. That game has over 40 hours of single player missions...and thats pretty impressive for an action/open ended environment...

if you could drive around the city between missions..doing small tasks..possibly making an arrest...but on that topic..having a hero/villian meter like nascar 2005..hahaha...if your corrupt or take bribes from gangsters, you become a villian..and so on and so on..

marker227
18th Jan 2005, 00:22
Helmets

Oh man its a must for Swat.

http://www.ubp-europe.com/accessories/images/ballistic_helmet.jpg

cdirt
20th Jan 2005, 00:35
2-player co-op would nice you both can be the gangsters or the cops.as the gangsters you can cause havoc, and as the cops you can take down crime. what everybodys thoughts on this.
what if you dont have online, also what if you have some friends over and you want to do co-op like conflict desert storm etc...(if there was co-op 2-4 players you would all have to be the gangsters or police.)(you cant play co-op if 3players want to be gangsters and the 4 player wants to be a cop, player 1 should have the decision, he/she chooses gangsters or cops for all players.

[Please don't cross post. This is identical to what you posted in your Co-Op thread. -Clumsy]

cdirt
20th Jan 2005, 00:38
Originally posted by SeminoleCountyDeputy
On the single player aspect...

the designers should take a look at the game mercs, its open ended, alot of driving from mission to mission which can be a pain, but if that was done lets say in a patrol car or...for the gangsters anything on 20in rims..it would be interesting. That game has over 40 hours of single player missions...and thats pretty impressive for an action/open ended environment...

if you could drive around the city between missions..doing small tasks..possibly making an arrest...but on that topic..having a hero/villian meter like nascar 2005..hahaha...if your corrupt or take bribes from gangsters, you become a villian..and so on and so on..

gangsters would be able to steal cars, rob houses, jack people of there [Edit] on the streets.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
20th Jan 2005, 04:33
Originally posted by cdirt
gangsters would be able to steal cars, rob houses, jack people of there [Edit] on the streets.

or the gangsters could pick flowers and roll around in the meadows...thats how true gangsters do it...

GangstaLife
20th Jan 2005, 05:41
okay, now finally i want someone to answer my question, whats the point of being a crooked cop, if u wanna be bad, why not be a gangster? And beleive me theres people out there who wanna be gangsters, but good guys, so please dont make it difficult, just be a cop if ur in the mood for fighting crime, and be a gangster if u wanna do bad ****.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
20th Jan 2005, 05:52
Originally posted by GangstaLife
okay, now finally i want someone to answer my question, whats the point of being a crooked cop, if u wanna be bad, why not be a gangster? And beleive me theres people out there who wanna be gangsters, but good guys, so please dont make it difficult, just be a cop if ur in the mood for fighting crime, and be a gangster if u wanna do bad ****.

Maybe they find amusement in the fact that they can dishonor the "badge" or they possibly think it will be a slap in the face to officers..like "Oh I will show them, I will buy this game and be a bad mother ..shut your mouth"..although its just a game..but oh well

Bubble_Machine
25th Jan 2005, 18:55
Reduce Online Cheating

Try to eliminate people glitching if at all possible. One popular one on Socom is cord pulling. You should make it so that if the connection is lost for 1/2 second or so, you should be disconnected from the game. There is nothing that I hate more than people glitching and cord pulling. :mad:

SwamiG8R
26th Jan 2005, 16:53
Thats why I vote those idiots....
One aspect that 25 to Life could make sure they dont fall in to the same problem socom did....instead of pissing people off, and releasing maps thru a magazine, how about an edxpansion pack?

SwamiG8R
1st Feb 2005, 15:37
More Maps Maps Maps!

Kaotik_Cold_Caliber
2nd Feb 2005, 21:24
'

I think everyone would be running around in full armor then..

do gangsters have thick armor?

50 cent is a "Gangster" to some people he wears thick armor :D

SeminoleCountyDeputy
2nd Feb 2005, 22:57
yea...its a mystery how he got "shot" 9 times and is alive...yet a trained navy seal can die in one shot..and how none of those 9 shots hit a critical point...yea..right, right through his teeth and it just stopped?

Flashbang ~!~
3rd Feb 2005, 14:57
[COLOR=Blue]Why dont u have pay phone? were u can go and make a phone calll to some1 like every1 has their own numbers and u can make ur own number up instead of like having a friends list and u can talk to them like that instead of crappy keyboard messaging and we about having the ability to throw parties or get hoes!~! hmm what about Fist fighting

like in socom u get handguns only snipers only and so on... what if,

Fist fights- everyone doesnt get guns only fist fights
Respawn were if u die or get caught u respawn

There also should be tear gas like the swat team uses and be able to buy stuff and rob people :D :D

Flashbang ~!~
3rd Feb 2005, 15:01
Yeah true why dont they have pepper spray or sumptign and the gangster has to hold his eyes and ur screen goes blank for a few seconds and while the officer is trying to handcuff the criminal another criminal can kill that cop and u should be able to take weapons just like in socom :)

Kaotik_Cold_Caliber
4th Feb 2005, 17:51
[COLOR=Blue]Why dont u have pay phone? were u can go and make a phone calll to some1 like every1 has their own numbers and u can make ur own number up instead of like having a friends list and u can talk to them like that instead of crappy keyboard messaging and we about having the ability to throw parties or get hoes!~! hmm what about Fist fighting

like in socom u get handguns only snipers only and so on... what if,

Fist fights- everyone doesnt get guns only fist fights
Respawn were if u die or get caught u respawn

There also should be tear gas like the swat team uses and be able to buy stuff and rob people :D :D

I Like That Fist Fight Idea But A Cop Is Not Going To Fist Fight If Your Sitting There Punching The [EDITED] Out Of Him. So It Should Be Gangster On Gangster

DAMMO
5th Feb 2005, 23:18
Just make sure it is easy to set up clan matches like in Socom, with the lobbies and what not. But the shooting and everything kicks ass and looks like it will blow socom away. Other games had great game play ie: star wars battlefront, halo2..But to set up clan matches it was a hastle and kind of confusing. So please...Have the online set up for both ps2 and xbox have lobbies and have it easy to make clan matches, just like socom. Thanks

Kaotik_Cold_Caliber
7th Feb 2005, 21:45
Badges

You could get different badges for cops to show what rank you have. Same thing for a gangster but with clothing or something.

Swat Vests with Name Tags!

The swat units should be able to wear a vest with your tag name on the back. It shows who you are and it gives that person a style.

Yeah And You Can Customize ur vest or at least a variety of fonts...that would be ill.

AND...when you die and u have to sit there and wait for other people to die u should be able to play a minigame type thing

SeminoleCountyDeputy
7th Feb 2005, 22:13
Yeah And You Can Customize ur vest or at least a variety of fonts...that would be ill.

AND...when you die and u have to sit there and wait for other people to die u should be able to play a minigame type thing

id rather have a lag free server than a mini game that could possibly impair that process...

Bubble_Machine
8th Feb 2005, 12:16
id rather have a lag free server than a mini game that could possibly impair that process...

I couldn't agree with you more. You should be punished for dying, which would be sitting there waiting for the round to end. A mini game would be like getting hit in dodgeball and them handing you a gameboy to play with until the game is over. That just doesn't happen.

DeAgLe 50.
16th Feb 2005, 00:59
ok... well first off. I have been playing socom 4 ever. the reason why ive been playing socom 4 ever is because i havent been able to find a beter game than it. first off i love pistols only and im the best pistols only player in the game. i want there to be gametypes like pistols only. i dont want there to only be like 2 pistols. i want a hole lot of pistols. like in socom. in socom players on seal get to use pistols that are mainly used for long range and accurarate weapons. aka (cops) the terrorists (gangsters) use mainly the desert eagle. the desert eagle is the best pistol in the game but is very unaccurate. it is good for close range but if u are good like me u can use it also in long range. i will snipe u with it lol. this is the main weapon for terrorist but there are many others. Another thing is the mic system socom has a great mic system only one player talks at a time. So no lag can happen. when the hole freakin team is talkin and u cant tell who is talking i hate that in halo. please dont make a gun on either side that gives a certain team an advantage like the iw 80 or sp-10 the are 4 noobs and are almost always free kills especially a head shot. also i hate lag so hopefully this game will have great servers and no B.S. will happen because people eat bullets and take a lot of shots to kill. another thing id make a ranking system that keeps track of ur kill to death ratio, games/rounds won, headshots, and all the other goodies. my name on socom is #C!! VeNoM and u can find me in us east 1. My clan is [SAA] SideArMaRtIstS. My xbox gamertag = kmag89. please this game looks promising dont F it ^...................................

DeAgLe 50.
16th Feb 2005, 01:17
Definetly make the abilities of a clan just like in socom. Make the clan tags or maybe change it up a little. Just make it simple and easy not like match making like in halo where u just verse random clans. u can set it up ur self by setting it up with other clan leaders. I hate the idea of matchmaking. i like it in socom where u get to choose where u want to go and find ur friends through a friend list and then go to the server and game that they are in. I hope that there is downloadable content for the hard drive for playstation like new guns and new maps/ game types. lol cuz if it doesnt i bought this hard drive $100 just for 3 new maps in socom and i cant use it in any other game. so yea just make this game amazing but i know it takes alot of time to do all these thing but i just want a better game than socom. not like other games where i play it for a month then just go back to socom full time.

IKSRTFO
17th Feb 2005, 22:35
-IDEAS-

Injury:
How about when you get shot multiple times you start to walk slower or have a limp. Also when your injured you get help from your buddy like in RE: Outbreak. you know lean on his sholder or sumthin.

Baracades:
When you in a map like say Apartments, you can add that Tomb Raider aspect and push the couch (or fridge, chair, tabel, ect..)in front of the door to creat a baracde, there for forceing the Cops to use a flash GNade or some sort.

Leaning n Shooting:
I was watching the Trailer and saw how the cop leaned around the conor and shot the Gangter. Now the first thing that comes to my mind is people will be glitching and useing the peek to make it so you see the least possible amount of there body around that conor, but there gun will still have full vivsion of fireing. I think you should have it so its like Real life ither.

1) you have your back against the wall and peak and shoot with your oposite side. or jump out and shoot real quick like in True crimes.

2) you Blind fire around the conor. like in Kill.Switch.

3) or make it so if when you are leaning and shooting around the conor that your gun has to be visible when shooting, make like a barrier between your gun and the wall or sumthin.

Only on conors tho cause i do enjoy the whole peaking aspect, i just think it will get abused. Well thos are my ideas. gea.

SlicKNicK
19th Feb 2005, 17:02
A ranking system that is based on individual stats and not team and based on time spent playing a game i.e

50 hrs played = Patrol man
100 hrs played = Lt
150 hrs played = Detective
200 hrs played = Captain
1000 hrs played = Station commander

:cool: :cool: :cool:

MAcSandNinEs
19th Feb 2005, 19:35
yo u should be abl to layer clothes like put a hat over a du rag and like change the tilt of the hat. u shuld be able to layer tee shirts and liek say weather u want it long, medium, short, etc. I think u should be able to put the hat on top of the du rag adn chnge the colors of the do rag and hat

Thrilla
20th Feb 2005, 23:14
On the official site (http://www.25tolife.com) there is a PC-CDROM logo. So far I know this game will only be released for the PS2 and Xbox, but in case it will be released for the PC it would be nice to have the option of selecting your own music from our hard disk and play in the game. It would also be nice not to have only rap music in the game, which is also mentioned in this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47542).
its a gangster game=rap

SeminoleCountyDeputy
21st Feb 2005, 01:39
its a gangster game=rap

correction..its a cops and robbers oriented game, unless of course you think cops are gangsters?..and let me also direct you to this link

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47542

17 people agree with me that there should be variation..just because you possibly like rap music..doesnt mean everyone does, thus

variety=everyone being happy..another correction for you..

urban=rap...not every gang listens to rap...not every gang is full of your typical and stereotypical "thugs"

November Criminal
22nd Feb 2005, 01:42
To make this game succesful online, which Im sure is what a bulk of the players will be buying it for, you need to have a clan list and a friends list.

Rank and stat tracking also seem to be popular. It will keep people hooked and addicted.

Open mics are a bad idea. Open mics lead to lag and people screaming in the mic and you dont know who they are so you cant vote them.

Its important, in the future, to patch your game for glitches and such. Support will keep people hooked.

And finally, Id like it if gameplay was even. In socom theres maps and guns that clearly give an advantage to one side and that takes away the fun and makes those maps unplayable and those weapons unenjoyable to play against.

quiksilver52
27th Feb 2005, 02:13
that would be awesome if u could custimize ur guns too n ur armor n stuff. like puttin flashlights n lasers n sum scopes n grips would be nice. if u could custimise ur guy too like puttin on sum street armor or go in swat style! this games gonna be sick cant w8!

sKiLLz
27th Feb 2005, 16:01
something i thought would be nice is if you could have Cops Vs. Cops or Gangsters Vs. Gangsters. If you want to have a clan tryout for someone, it would be easier to see who is better, also if you want to play 1v1 against someone then that would be nice as well. Another thing is that one of the best guns should be on both sides. Like in socom the M16A2 is both seal and terrorist. It isn't the best gun on either side but alot of people use it because it's good and it's fair.

Shugart BHD
28th Feb 2005, 05:49
I think this should be a lot like SOCOM II.
-The rounds based online system should definitely the main system, with respawn for those not wanting to play ranked games and just to have fun.
-The controls should be relatively close, especially in shooting/reloading and moving, and they MUST be adjustable like the slider bars in SOCOM II. Nothing bothers me more than having touchy controls that aren't adjusted to my liking.
- Flashbangs and Tear Gas grenades should be the only grenades, as lethal grenades would realistically be only with SWAT (if even with them), and giving just one team lethal grenades would be horribly unfair. The flashbang effect should be similar to SOCOM II, and the tear gas should make your vision blurry and slightly distorted (shorter effect though?)
- A great variety of maps is a must. Make some maps more close quarters for those who like running and gunning, and then make some larger for those who like sniping and taking thier time and thinking tactfully. If your the host of a room, then you should also be able to change the room and game type from inside the game still. If you drop or get disconnected, the next host should be someone in your clan if you have a member in the room.

- Going against SOCOM though, we need to have an open mic. Mic hogging can be such a pain in SOCOM, and if you're playing with good people, having too many people talk at once shouldn't be too much of a problem. On Halo 2, the person talking is displayed so they could still be voted out.
- Customizing armor (ex. swat vests) and guns would definitely be cool and increase the variety. Maybe as you rank up you earn points that can either be used towards visual upgrades for your character or your gun, with no performance changes (keeps things fair). If there was performance upgrades, the newbs would just become fodder for the vets. And as for character customization, you should be able to adjust it as your going (aka Syphon Filter: TOS), not pick one item and it's on your character permanently. Layering of clothing and what not would be a great feature as well.
- I like skillz's idea of being able to play Law vs. Law and Gangsters vs. Gangsters, this would give more variety, and would be away to shut up the people who complain that a certain side's gun is "cheap".

I had more to say, but I can't remember any more. :p

sKiLLz
28th Feb 2005, 18:32
I imagine this game will have both respawn and per round life. So, i was just hoping that the respawn wouldn't be like socom and be more like halo. Halo has objective respawns, which are fun. Just killing people is fun but it would be so much more fun to play CTF respawn once in a while, or something to that effect.

Juggalo Ryda
28th Feb 2005, 19:46
I think you all are doing a great job so far, i just hope you all dont have a uncountable respawn after you die.
Thats what makes hola 2 pointless, who cares if you die? all you lose is your weapons, unlike counter strike, you die your dead. That kinda sucks too tho cause you cant play along time tell you get good, maybe you all could make it where we have so many numbers of lives?
Anotherthing that sucks in counter strike (my opinion) is after you die, you can screen watch on the other team, which cause alot of what poeple call "land hacking". Where after you die your friend is on the same T.V. screen watching off the top/bottom screen and knows where everyone is on the other team.

Clumsyorchid
28th Feb 2005, 19:57
I think you probably mean "Lan hacking" which I've heard referred to as "Ghosting." I think something like that is pretty obvious when spectating an individual within CS. While it certinly "sucks" there is really not much a coder can do to stop this type of cheating from occuring beyond implementing a kick-player option within the game.

SwamiG8R
28th Feb 2005, 21:42
that would be awesome if u could custimize ur guns too n ur armor n stuff. like puttin flashlights n lasers n sum scopes n grips would be nice. if u could custimise ur guy too like puttin on sum street armor or go in swat style! this games gonna be sick cant w8!

You will be able to in Socom 3....
25ToLife is dropping the ball....SOCOM will destroy it when released in Oct

SwamiG8R
28th Feb 2005, 21:44
Flashbangs and Tear Gas grenades should be the only grenades, as lethal grenades would realistically be only with SWAT (if even with them), and giving just one team lethal grenades would be horribly unfair. The flashbang effect should be similar to SOCOM II, and the tear gas should make your vision blurry and slightly distorted (shorter effect though?)

excellent idea....tear gas ....

PsYcHo659
28th Feb 2005, 22:07
if you can drive (which i hope you can :) ) it would be cool to have car bombs... be able to sabotage your enemys cars :)

Juggalo Ryda
1st Mar 2005, 20:27
Will there be smoke gernades? Smokes come in really handy if you use them at the right time.

Hoodlum!T!4life
1st Mar 2005, 21:32
1...open mic with 8 people on a team?? I dunno about that...

and ranking system? no..cause then it will turn into socom where people found ways to bull **** the ranking....

awards and marksmanship...I can understand that...
YOU HAVE TO HAVE RANKING SO YOU CAN SEE AND YOUR FRIENDS CAN SEE YOUR RANK AND TRY TO BEAT EVERYBODYS RANK THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF ONLINE PLAY. ALSO WE HAVE TO HAVE A CHAT ROOM WITH RANKS BY THERE NAMES JUST LIKE IN SOCOM AND THEN EVERYBODY READYS UP TO LAUNCH. WE NEED TO SEE OUR OTHER PLAYERS ALSO WHEN WE DIE. SO WE CAN HAVE TIME TO CHAT TO OTHER DEAD PLAYERS AND ROUTE FOR THE SURVIVALIST.

Hoodlum!T!4life
1st Mar 2005, 21:39
You will be able to in Socom 3....
25ToLife is dropping the ball....SOCOM will destroy it when released in Oct
SOCOM 3 IS GOING TO BE A GREAT GAME NO DOUBT, BUT IF EIDOS DOES 25 TO LIFE VERY SIMILAR TO ONLINE PLAY BUT WITH A GANGSTA FEEL TO SOCOM3 IT WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE THE SAME RESULTS IF NOT BETTER!! LETS JUST HOPE THEIR LISTENING.!! ;) ;) ;)

Clumsyorchid
1st Mar 2005, 21:43
We're listening, even when people use capslock too much ;)

rodericj
1st Mar 2005, 22:16
Mic Chat

Then don't complain about lag.

Think about the bandwidth.

Bubble_Machine
1st Mar 2005, 22:23
Then don't complain about lag.

Think about the bandwidth.

I can't stand open mic. I typically have other people in the room with me while I'm playing. I like to talk to them also, so circle pushing is good for me. Plus, I don't want to hear what is going on at other people's houses. Or if someone is sick, I don't want to hear them coughing throughout the whole game.

MAcSandNinEs
2nd Mar 2005, 00:06
I can't stand open mic. I typically have other people in the room with me while I'm playing. I like to talk to them also, so circle pushing is good for me. Plus, I don't want to hear what is going on at other people's houses. Or if someone is sick, I don't want to hear them coughing throughout the whole game.

Amen. i dont wanna hear them breathing or eating or nothing that will really piss me off when there like chewing or breathing hard cuz it ill mess up my head and ears and when their mom calls them or the phone rings i don wanna hear them and shyt

PsYcHo659
2nd Mar 2005, 02:26
i think it would be cool if people could only hear you when they were close enough or something... i also think it would be cool if cops could plant bugs in gangsters apartments or houses or whatever to listen in on their conversation :)

sick
2nd Mar 2005, 21:28
LOL @ Bubble_Machine :p

For some reason I get good ideas coming AFTER I played a certain game, because then I start to think "Hey, I wish I could do this" or "I'm really missing that." I'll try to come up with something good - a public beta test would get me loads of ideas.

MAcSandNinEs
2nd Mar 2005, 23:21
r u only alowed to custmize and make ur own person in online or can u do it in single player 2?

RaNsOm
3rd Mar 2005, 11:50
xbox live=always open mic so thats no problem. I didnt read through the begining of this post but here are some things i hope this game has.

1. Voting system that bans the person from the game(permanently).
2. Different firing modes (auto, single, semi). I would guess since its going to be alot like socom that this should be in.

Thats all i can really think of now.

sKiLLz
3rd Mar 2005, 12:25
seriously, you can't ban someone from xbox live just because a few people didn't want them in a game. Alot of times in socom i'll try to play with some people on my friend's list and i'll end up on the other side with some clan. Sometimes people vote you off just so they can have their clan only in there. I hope this game on x-box is set up more like halo 2 and you can choose what team you want to be on after the game starts (if turned on), and customize every part of the game that you are going to play.

MAcSandNinEs
3rd Mar 2005, 21:22
r u only alowed to custmize and make ur own person in online or can u do it in single player 2?

Clumsyorchid
3rd Mar 2005, 21:45
Mac- Please use this thread for suggestion related comments only.

MAcSandNinEs
3rd Mar 2005, 21:50
sorry dude its juss that so many people come to this forum taht somebody may be able to answer my question

MAcSandNinEs
3rd Mar 2005, 21:57
some thing that i thought would be cool is if u had to start from scratch wiht your own person, with his own look and stlye and clothes (single player mode)
and work your way up in the hood ranks with the 22nd street d boys or whatever gang that this is all about wiht freeze adn all them

Braided Thug
5th Mar 2005, 01:28
theres 2 much fake crap out there
please make this REAL.

i like the look of the game so far, the modes look cool, but theres one area i am a little concerned about: "TAG MODE". the idea sounds real good if its done right, if its done wrong it will be a real let down. my deal is with the customization of your own original "tag" or graphic. there needs to be more than just an alphabet you can tweek , but a paint tool similar to other games, where you can actually draw your own GRAFF graphic, and this MUST be included. if not this mode will be little more than another crappy way for game developers to throw in cheap imitations of STREET ART into their game - im tired of seeing it. they need to stop trying to use the "true to dat street my homie g dawg" attitude and look into how they can make their game look and feel realistic and fun.

thatz it.

Theres a reason i went in his post and broaded a part of it >_< REAL!?......I DONT WANT REAL...ITS A GAME its FAKE ITS MADE FOR FUN NOT TO TEACH EVERY ONE ABOUT GANG VIOLENCE *beep*it.Dont make it to fake like flying people just dont make it as real as possible And as the old saying goes
-Keep it fake

Another thing STOP WITH ALL THE SOCOM.....Socom this socom that....thats all i read.....If they make the game so much like socom you will have people whinign about it Just like GTA.....Driver2 actully came out before gta 3 but everying says that Driver copied off of gta....And what do true crime and Driver 3 have incomin .....They both tried so much to be like GTA and they both sucked so much

Hoodlum!T!4life
5th Mar 2005, 03:04
Theres a reason i went in his post and broaded a part of it >_< REAL!?......I DONT WANT REAL...ITS A GAME its FAKE ITS MADE FOR FUN NOT TO TEACH EVERY ONE ABOUT GANG VIOLENCE *beep*it.Dont make it to fake like flying people just dont make it as real as possible And as the old saying goes
-Keep it fake

Another thing STOP WITH ALL THE SOCOM.....Socom this socom that....thats all i read.....If they make the game so much like socom you will have people whinign about it Just like GTA.....Driver2 actully came out before gta 3 but everying says that Driver copied off of gta....And what do true crime and Driver 3 have incomin .....They both tried so much to be like GTA and they both sucked so much
But, after that's said,lol. We don't want them to be just like socom. We just want them to follow some of the GREAT ONLINE action and stats and etc... Reason for it is Socom has 100,000 Users online and why so many you ask!! Because of the extensive multiplayer!!!!!! THATS IT!!!! Online is the best your going to get right know!!! Who do you know that has had the same style as Socom 2's Multiplayer? No one.!!! I think It will be a good thing to STUDY not to Directly copy, but pay attention thats all. Later dude. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SeminoleCountyDeputy
5th Mar 2005, 03:59
nicely said...

to be honest..there is gang violence..but how often do you guys hear on the news that cops over threw the police?

let me rephrase that..have you EVER heard it happen..at most, I have heard of 2-3 cops being killed in a raid..so like the man said..you dont want real..because in reality..the guns of the police officer would out weight the gangsters guns..and somebody said that cops only have shotguns and pistols..I watched video on AOL GAMES and the cop was yielding an M4 or MP5..(sorry it wasnt the best quality video..but granted it was an automatic and the officer did start the round with it)..give me an M4 and I am set..

Braided Thug
6th Mar 2005, 16:24
Assult mode(I dont know how to spell :D )
There should be 2 types of assult mode First is for the gangsters.They have to steal a *Beep* Load of weapons from the cops Or other gangsters in 2 modes ofcourse They either have to stop a Truck thats guarded by the cops Or make it into there Base.Same for the Gangsters

CTP
Capture the mysterious White powder Its a mainly COps attack and Gangsters defend

Multi-gangs
American-Gangsters Russia-Mafia japan/china-Yakuza Jamaican-Yardies I want some premade Multiculture Snuff
P.s. I FINALLY GOT MY PS2 ONLINE!!!!! but all i have to play on it is Socom1 and NFSU that i borrowed from my friend 2 weeks ago And the only reason im playing socom so much is becuase i like shooting things ^_^ I hate socom cause of short life times(hint hint) But dont be like mercinaries i freaking went up town and back and my person was still livin While 3 people were shooting him at a distance

BEER
7th Mar 2005, 20:27
i want to see an option where i can report glitchers while online so that someone will be able to take a screenshot of the glitch or at least get someone to spectate and see them doing it themselves so they'll get thier net adapter i.d. banned or have thier crotches set on fire or something.

snky_pete
9th Mar 2005, 15:00
I definitely think there should be a game mode made around arresting. I think this is such a cool idea and no other game does it. The problem is coming up with a balanced, fun mode. I did some thinking and these are some ideas I came up with.

Jail Break 1

Have a certain number of gangsters start out in jail with no weapons and full health. The cops objective is to keep the gangsters in jail, while the objective of the gangsters not in jail is to free the others. (a certain number rescued means victory) If a gangster is "killed" while trying to break out his compadres he goes into a jail cell automatically with reduced health, and injuries. He can be busted out as well once he is in a jail cell. Once broken out the thugs can pick up weapons off of dead bodies or take one of their fellow gangsters weapons. Gangsters in jail should only be able to hear and talk to other gangstas in jail, but maybe have some security cameras set up near by so they can view some of the action. As far as balancing the game, you could have more gangsters than cops say 6 on 10, with 4 gangsters starting out in jail. What do y'all think?

Jail Break 2

Have all the gangsters start out in jail. Their objective is to escape and have to find weapons as they go; pick up at weapons storage, off of random dead bodies, or melee weapons scattered throughout the stage (brooms, mops, knives, etc). The cops objective is to "recapture" them before time runs out. If a certain number of gangsters escape they win. At the beginning of the match have a random event occur (i.e. a guard with keys is killed, power goes out, an explosion, earthquake, etc), just something that would be a good reason for the inmates to escape. Have multiple routes they can escape from (maybe even a hidden tunnel they have been digging from their jail cell). If gangsters are "killed" they are put back in a secure jail cell, and can be busted out. What do y'all think?

On the Run
The gangsters are all gathered together with a "deal" going down. All of a sudden the cops show up on the scene to bust them. The gangsters scattered and we have an on-foot chase just like in the TV show Cops. The cops objective is to arrest the gangsters. They can only use lethal force if the gangsters do. So as soon as the gangster equip a pistol, or some firing weapon of sorts the cops immediately have access to their firearms. If the gangsters are using melee weapons the cops still have to use non-lethal means for a takedown. You gangsters have to get to one of several different spots on the map to escape, if a certain number escape they win. This mode would be cool with fence-hopping, police barracades setup on the most likely known routes of escape, and the gangsters hiding in people's backyards or in alley ways that might have dogs or pedestrians that would give their position away. What do y'all think?

SeminoleCountyDeputy
9th Mar 2005, 17:44
I definitely think there should be a game mode made around arresting. I think this is such a cool idea and no other game does it. The problem is coming up with a balanced, fun mode. I did some thinking and these are some ideas I came up with.

Jail Break 1

Have a certain number of gangsters start out in jail with no weapons and full health. The cops objective is to keep the gangsters in jail, while the objective of the gangsters not in jail is to free the others. (a certain number rescued means victory) If a gangster is "killed" while trying to break out his compadres he goes into a jail cell automatically with reduced health, and injuries. He can be busted out as well once he is in a jail cell. Once broken out the thugs can pick up weapons off of dead bodies or take one of their fellow gangsters weapons. Gangsters in jail should only be able to hear and talk to other gangstas in jail, but maybe have some security cameras set up near by so they can view some of the action. As far as balancing the game, you could have more gangsters than cops say 6 on 10, with 4 gangsters starting out in jail. What do y'all think?

Jail Break 2

Have all the gangsters start out in jail. Their objective is to escape and have to find weapons as they go; pick up at weapons storage, off of random dead bodies, or melee weapons scattered throughout the stage (brooms, mops, knives, etc). The cops objective is to "recapture" them before time runs out. If a certain number of gangsters escape they win. At the beginning of the match have a random event occur (i.e. a guard with keys is killed, power goes out, an explosion, earthquake, etc), just something that would be a good reason for the inmates to escape. Have multiple routes they can escape from (maybe even a hidden tunnel they have been digging from their jail cell). If gangsters are "killed" they are put back in a secure jail cell, and can be busted out. What do y'all think?

On the Run
The gangsters are all gathered together with a "deal" going down. All of a sudden the cops show up on the scene to bust them. The gangsters scattered and we have an on-foot chase just like in the TV show Cops. The cops objective is to arrest the gangsters. They can only use lethal force if the gangsters do. So as soon as the gangster equip a pistol, or some firing weapon of sorts the cops immediately have access to their firearms. If the gangsters are using melee weapons the cops still have to use non-lethal means for a takedown. You gangsters have to get to one of several different spots on the map to escape, if a certain number escape they win. This mode would be cool with fence-hopping, police barracades setup on the most likely known routes of escape, and the gangsters hiding in people's backyards or in alley ways that might have dogs or pedestrians that would give their position away. What do y'all think?

you have some good points, but I would say stick with the "on the run" idea...the first idea...no one will want to be the criminals locked up, you would have to start it off as an explosion, but..ehh..the "on the run" idea seems more realistic and fun..

Braided Thug
10th Mar 2005, 23:02
That guy with all the modes should sale ideals!

mercenary209
11th Mar 2005, 02:25
plzzzzzzzzzzzz found out so there is no ranking uo in the game so that way the person at the top will be turly good at the game not just ranking up.

Shugart BHD
11th Mar 2005, 03:23
As nice as that sounds, people will always find a way to exploit ranking systems, regardless of how well designed it is.

sl0j0e
11th Mar 2005, 04:28
It Would Be Cool To Add Girl Characters. So If A Girl Is Playin Shes Not A Guy :d Hey In Real Life Their Are Both Girl Cops And Girl Thugz

SeminoleCountyDeputy
11th Mar 2005, 04:56
As nice as that sounds, people will always find a way to exploit ranking systems, regardless of how well designed it is.

Yes there will be...I have no problem with there not being a ranking system, you all say "this isnt socom, this is its own game" well great..then dont have a ranking system it caused problems and glitches in socom..and a hell of alot less people ***** ing about how they have "wings*

sl0j0e
11th Mar 2005, 07:21
A Couple O Thoughts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) This Game Should Have A Free For All Like Mode. Where Everyone Is In A Single Location. Nowhere To Hide. And Have A Big Face Off. No Gunz, Just Barbwire,bats,knives, And So On. I Think It Be Pretty Funny. Say 5 On 5 One Dude Gets Killed And Than Ur Team Has The Abillity To Jump The Other Gang.
2) I Also Read Sumthin Bout A Cop Gettin A Thug An Arrestin Him In A Cop Car. Thats Cool But I Dont Think They Should Be Able To Free Him. It Be Like Sum 1 Killin U And U Comin Back If Someone Helps You. Plus That Would Take Forever. But If That Was In The Game They Should Let The Robbers Take The Cops As Hostages And If A Fello Cop Doesnt Help Him By A Certain Time Limit Or If The Thug Shoots The Hostage (cop) Hes Out Of The Game.
Yeah Boyeeee!

Braided Thug
12th Mar 2005, 02:47
I think there should be like buyable weapons like off of Counter strike ^_^ i dont want noobs running around with rocket launchers as soon as the match starts.And let money be gotten 2 ways online/offline and i want a survival mode *sniffle*I miss massacres They just havent been the same SURVIVAL MODE HO HA-HA

M4A1 Gangsta
12th Mar 2005, 09:08
Well, If the game is realism, there shouldn't even be "rocket launchers", You don't see any gangsta with a rocket laucher. Well, Yea some suggestion's is, if there would be some Ultimate levels like Socom II. I think sniping would be fun on this game, but in the video I noticed that it really doesn't look to great. I think they need major improvement if they want to meet the standards of Socom II, or even Socom I.

Improvement List
-More varieties of guns than Socom I+II
-Very good levels than Socom
-Many charecters and many equipment to create your charecter
-Sniping place (even know gangstas don't snipe)
-Many place to hide
-Some camping places (sometimes fun, but gay)
-Not always respawn, It looks like it is respawn all the time! I hate that.
-Able to edit more than you can when you create a room than Socom Please!
-Able to create certain weapon set's for the game you create
-Have many modes online i.e rob the bank, capture the hostage (for cops) and etc.. (please)
-Able to have a secondary gun and a primary just like socom.
-Able to create a board and tranfer it on socom so if they want to make a room they can use there created map.
-Have a ranking system, better than socom's.
-Able to have NO! glitches.
-No ranking up! At all.
-No noobs of course.
-They should have this one game called, brutal match, where you are in a open ally and all you have is a pistol or whatever you want and you just go at it.
-More Updates Soon!

~gangsta

Braided Thug
12th Mar 2005, 14:27
Well, If the game is realism, there shouldn't even be "rocket launchers", You don't see any gangsta with a rocket laucher. Well, Yea some suggestion's is, if there would be some Ultimate levels like Socom II. I think sniping would be fun on this game, but in the video I noticed that it really doesn't look to great. I think they need major improvement if they want to meet the standards of Socom II, or even Socom I.

Improvement List
-Many place to hide
-Have many modes online i.e rob the bank, capture the hostage (for cops) and etc.. (please)
-Able to create a board and tranfer it on socom so if they want to make a room they can use there created map.
-No ranking up! At all.
-No noobs of course.
-They should have this one game called, brutal match, where you are in a open ally and all you have is a pistol or whatever you want and you just go at it.
-More Updates Soon!

~gangsta

HAVE YOU BEEN READING!? .......freaking chubaka pendajo......*sigh* AGAIN i repeat my self....WE.....DONT.....WANT.....REALISM......And just like you said in that post "More Variety of guns" HAHAHAHAHAha See!? and as the other guy said you should be able to disable some weapons in the online mode.....Now Next time before you post READ....ok? And i would just like to note in that movie swat they did have a rocket launcher...Even tho its just a movie Doesnt mean that they cant just go some where and find the black market and buy some

M4A1 Gangsta
12th Mar 2005, 19:50
Well yea, Hellll nah I ain't reading shyt, You must be sick. Well, Whatever you say, This is My opinion's, and those are your's, so leave it at that!! Don't flame me for no da/\/\N reason, make's nosense, that make's you get flamed.

Juggalo Ryda
13th Mar 2005, 05:26

The Point Store

Arrest's

OMG! I love every idea here!

If the cops get things like that, that gangsters cant get, there would be alot more cops. (gangster) here tho :cool:

JacenPsykes
14th Mar 2005, 01:27
Actually Braided Thug, YOU don't want realism. Leave the rest of "WE" to speak for ourselves.

I delayed comment, I would love to be able to arrest a thug. Then the arresting officer should get some sort of Bonus towards there money, pention, earnings, whatever we're calling it now. If the officer has to take the person down the the thug should be able to have a fighting chance out of it. Similiar to the god awful wrestling game when the pinned character can hit X really fast to get out of the hold. The more injured the thug the less fight he can put up though.

Another idea is if spawning is allowed, a feature that can be turned on, or whatever then there should be multiple areas from which to choose to re-enter the game instead of just appearing. Campers are jerks and this might help eliminate the problem.

ClumsyOrchid...as a man on the inside what is the latest on a release date. I'm getting a head ache keeping up with all of these rumors.

Braided Thug
14th Mar 2005, 01:53
nicely said...

to be honest..there is gang violence..but how often do you guys hear on the news that cops over threw the police?

let me rephrase that..have you EVER heard it happen..at most, I have heard of 2-3 cops being killed in a raid..so like the man said..you dont want real..because in reality..the guns of the police officer would out weight the gangsters guns..and somebody said that cops only have shotguns and pistols..I watched video on AOL GAMES and the cop was yielding an M4 or MP5..(sorry it wasnt the best quality video..but granted it was an automatic and the officer did start the round with it)..give me an M4 and I am set..
Cough cough....Ahem....COUGH COUGH DO YOU SEE IT!?.....Gangsters never win of course....atlease in reality....they might get away but they dont last long unless the leave the country.This was posted ABOUT ME on what i said about the realism.And you know it....im right...people might perfer realism...people might now.....wait....GTA san adreas had like...12.2 million sales right?....and you cant last 5 days on that game trying to take over territories without dieing about 20 times And....thats like....over 50 bullets in your butt.And in mercinarys....alot of people loved that game....it took more than that to kill you....and you could reginerate health over a time and people loved that game so what were you saying about that "We"Thing????? :rolleyes:
And the reason GTA is so good is because it balances things out like Ying and yang ^_^ Enough realism to please the adults and enough fake things to please others >_>.....heh

Bubble_Machine
14th Mar 2005, 12:44

Improvement List
-Many place to hide
-No ranking up! At all.
-No noobs of course.
-More Updates Soon!

~gangsta

ATTENTION ATTENTION, Due to gangsta's request, no noobs are allowed to play this game. Therefore there will be no official sales outside of Eidos because the general public are all noobs. Sorry to disappoint, but we take your suggestions very seriously.....Honestly man, the game isn't even out yets, which makes us all noobs when it does.

Anyway, realism is nice, but it can't get in the way of gameplay. No one wants to play if one shot in the knee means that you can't walk around anymore. I think that a lot of the realism most people are looking for has more to do with the graphics than it does the gameplay. But of course that is just my opinion.

sKiLLz
15th Mar 2005, 02:36
i don't like the thought of no ranking, but a system close to what Halo 2 uses. If you could get that group to do stat's like bungie.net has that would be great. Make games joinable by public, but have unranked games stats and ranked game stats. join as a group of however many and play a group of random people. Doing this in halo gives you the feel of playing a clan war but you can do it with just friends. Bungie had a good idea for clan matches, how it is set up. But personally i feel playing on www.gamebattles.com is alot more fun. try to get on GB please.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
15th Mar 2005, 05:24
YOU HAVE TO HAVE RANKING SO YOU CAN SEE AND YOUR FRIENDS CAN SEE YOUR RANK AND TRY TO BEAT EVERYBODYS RANK THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF ONLINE PLAY. ALSO WE HAVE TO HAVE A CHAT ROOM WITH RANKS BY THERE NAMES JUST LIKE IN SOCOM AND THEN EVERYBODY READYS UP TO LAUNCH. WE NEED TO SEE OUR OTHER PLAYERS ALSO WHEN WE DIE. SO WE CAN HAVE TIME TO CHAT TO OTHER DEAD PLAYERS AND ROUTE FOR THE SURVIVALIST.

NEGATIVE...see ..its people that play with that metality of "OH I HAVE TO GET MY RANKING UP" that find ways to minipulate the ranking system..and make it bogus to have one..and those people will ALWAYS be online..the purpose of online play is to add a different aspect and to have fun with it..

JacenPsykes
15th Mar 2005, 21:17
First of all...Yes, "WE", this is a forum, speak for yourself. Somebody else doesn't want realism let them speak out. Unless ofcourse you're British, then you can use "we" all you want until George Bush decides to take over your country.

Secondly, what about an individual ranking system, something in the realm of Syphon Filter, how your rank is based on your own individual preformance and not how you rate against others. If you want to know how good someone is, check there stats like accuracy, mission completed, headshot count, and so on. They'll be enough competition on-line in the game play, do we have to make it a giant complaint fest in chat rooms and pregame lounges too? You wanna prove you're better, then put up or shut up.

Braided Thug
17th Mar 2005, 14:37
I think that Stats should be in percents Like Hit percentage and How many times you killed/shot a friendly and lots of other stuff like each weapons hit percentage and all of it should be put together so that you have a over all percentage

Clumsyorchid
17th Mar 2005, 16:25
In my opinion, Kill-to-Death ratio is the best stat in determining player skill.

Braided Thug
18th Mar 2005, 00:48
Ok....the police have arresting...that makes the teams uneven....So what about action hits for gangsters like where they can grabed them and use them for body guards so that when there team mate tries to shoot them the cop gets shot insted and that adds a friendly fire thing.Or gangsters could just shoot them....that would even it out

Shugart BHD
18th Mar 2005, 04:56
In my opinion, Kill-to-Death ratio is the best stat in determining player skill.

Yes. Thank you clumsy. I still hope other stats like accuracy, headshots, rounds won/lost, and most used weapons are tracked. (maybe not weapons but I thought it would be cool :p )

Clumsyorchid
18th Mar 2005, 05:16
No no no, I absolutely agree. Accuracy stats are second in line to KDR. You could be really effective with the cheapest weapon in the game and be ranked higher than a person who is really good with a harder weapon to use. I agree with the above poster in having detailed weapon stats, showing what areas you excell in and what areas need improvement.

MAcSandNinEs
19th Mar 2005, 18:58
ranking is kinda stupide because it can lose the whole point of online play and people will hack and cheat and lose the whole fun just to get their ranking up

Clumsyorchid
19th Mar 2005, 22:08
To a lot of people playing for ranks is the fun of playing online. It gives you a sense of accomplishment when you can check your progress through the ranks.

JacenPsykes
29th Mar 2005, 22:13
Clumsy,

Why do they keep pushing the release date back, aren't you guys worried about losing the hype for it? As of right now, what is the release date anyways? :confused:

kazpa
30th Mar 2005, 01:27
yeah man im getting preet sick and tired about waiting for so long of course when it FINALY comes out then i will be up for getting it for sure but seriously arent you guys worrid me and all of my friends are pretty stolked about it but starting to looses intrest!? :cool: :D

Murda
2nd Apr 2005, 09:56
I would like to see some detailed clan support in the game. Of course clan tags and a clan list are a must. In Socom 2 you could only have 16 different players on a 'roster'. In 25TL, I don't think think there should be a limit to the number of people you can have in a clan. This would make organizing the clan easier.

Another idea involving clans would be to allow the leader of the clan to give people certain 'ranks' or privileges within the clan. For example, the leader has all privileges (disbanding, inviting people, etc.) The rank below the leader could be able to recruit new members and cut members from the clan. The next rank might be able to only invite new members, with the last rank having no special privileges. I also like the idea of clans having specific colors or gear that they wear.

Other than that, please use Socom's voice-chat system. Open mics would be terrible in this game. Like other users suggest, I don't think grenades that actually cause damage should be in the game. I'm really looking forward to the game and if Eidos learns from the success and mistakes of previous games this one should be a hit.

Disciple_Clown
3rd Apr 2005, 19:33
I think you should be able to buy or steal your own car. Also to buy your own pad and to get a gurlfriend. and to get a dog to bite *****z ball's off when they get outta line.

Prowler
6th Apr 2005, 01:25
I think you should be able to buy or steal your own car. Also to buy your own pad and to get a gurlfriend. and to get a dog to bite *****z ball's off when they get outta line.

Its not GTA

Shugart BHD
6th Apr 2005, 05:09
I don't think this game will be losing a whole lot of hype if they keep updating the website like they are. I checked out all the new content and it just pumped me up more. The music, guns, and new trailers look great. The gun shots sound a little fake and the grenades bounce a MASSIVE amount, but it still looks like its going to be fantastic.

bboyplyr
7th Apr 2005, 15:28
If the game is anything like socom as for the movement, and shooting it will be good.

Braided Thug
8th Apr 2005, 16:59
Im not a Modem user but im a Dsl'er And ive had this same problem over and over and over with Socom......Being booted off the server cause of the Connection speed that Gtcom gives me.Now If i have to switch companies just to play the game online imma take it back cause once the Computer a.i. gets old and i gotta wait for a good connection then screw it.So please don't have the whole game so that it wont let me play the game just have it so on multiplayer a person could set the losest ping a person can have to join

Shugart BHD
10th Apr 2005, 04:09
No one is going to set it for high ping, though, because who wants to have laggers in the room.

Braided Thug
11th Apr 2005, 01:42
But there might be a few modem users that just might set it to there level so they can play....

/\/\ERC-4-}-{IRE
11th Apr 2005, 18:58
If the game is anything like socom as for the movement, and shooting it will be good.

i really think the shooting looks more like GTA rather them socom but i hope they change that abit to make it more like socom aiming. i would take socom style aiming over GTA style aiming anyday GTA aiming is messed up :p

Shugart BHD
13th Apr 2005, 00:25
But there might be a few modem users that just might set it to there level so they can play....

For it to work for modem, I would think that they would have to lower the limit on rooms (ex. from 16 to 10) and remove the use of the headset. I would think that that wouldn't be horribly fun, but that's me, I'm sure it'd be a blast for others.

Braided Thug
13th Apr 2005, 01:05
crud ignore what i said then x.x

Klaydoggy
17th Apr 2005, 19:53
Here's my 2 cents.

I agree with a previous poster that there is WAY too much SOCOM talk on this board. Now, I'm not a fanboy or anything, but SOCOM really isn't THAT good. It's just there isn't much better on the PS2. I have both SOCOM games, and I used to play them a lot, so please try not to flame me too hard.

Open Mic - Make it an option. I personally prefer open mic. I play most of my online gaming nowadays on the Xbox and find it WAY more useful than waiting your turn to hold down a button which then adds an additional 1.5 seconds (the beeping) to tell your team there is a guy behind you throwing grenades... and you know what.. after all that waiting, you all are still dead. THANKS for making me wait. Yes there are annoying people on open mic's from time to time, but it will save your team more often than not.

I thought I read somewhere that there will be more custiomizable content with beating the game on certain difficulty levels, kinda like in SOCOM. Is there any truth to that? I don't particularly like that idea, but eh.

I love the idea of having the cops arresting people to get a higher score, and the optional surrender option to lessen a negative score.

Realistic injuries would be cool to see. slower movement, less accuracy, maybe inability to hold a larger gun (pistols only)?

Respawn in a MUST. Make it an option, like in SOCOM. (Happy SOCOM fans?)

Flashbangs would be cool to have, they are always an asset in any game. Tear gas was a cool thing to have in games like Rainbow Six, the fuzzy screen was a nice touch.

Xbox LIVE could handle soo many more customizable things than the PS2 could. Really use it to it's full advantage. Increased clan support, the party system, matchmaking for people who only want to be a cop/gangsta, downloadable content, game patching, there is a lot to go with. Why people still play PS2 online is something I will never understand.

Oh dear GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make the control scheme ANYTHING like SOCOM's... the quick1/quick2 layout is terrible and should have never been created. If you are to copy a game controller layout, make it like Killzone/Counter-Strike/Mercenaries. Or free customization. That always works.

Some guy mentioned layer of clothing, like a hat over a "doo rag" (sp?). Bad idea. more layers to render = more lag. make a separate hat that is both in one.

Lights/Lasers on guns is great. Run with that.

Ranking is soo overhyped. Yes it's cool to see how you are doind, but people can't accept if they suck and it gets bad. People get way too competitive in clan games, cheat the system, etc. Show your stats, but I wouldn't go as far as the SOCOM syle "Captains only" type rules.

Since the game was to be released fairly soon, and now it won't... why not take this time through all the "Quarterly loss/SCi deal" and release a demo. Unreal Championship 2 did that, and they were able to correct a lot of things in the game they didn't know existed.

I know I cut into SOCOM a lot in here, believe me, I do like the game, it just can't compare to what Xbox LIVE does.

NinjaRaven
17th Apr 2005, 23:00
Got a few good points there. I agree that they should make the controls able to be set anyway you want, like Red Fraction 2 and others. To bad Halo didn't do a toggle for crouch. I love socom, I wish xbox had a game like that, soon they will... (25tl). I hate how most xbox people flame the online ps2 crowd. Some people don't have $50 every year for live (Don't make fun). Most of my friends don't with having to pay for a high speed internet and rent, gets high. I myself have Xbox live, yet I find myself playing ps2 a lot more. Socom 2 and GTA San Andreas still best games ever, in my opinion. Also, if yall know about Halo 2's matchmaking, is absolutely TERRIBLE. Can't even join a room with maps you like, so stupid!

Anyway, laser sights are cool, I posted the idea on like every socom thread before the game came out. (Obviously they didn't listen, but maybe Eidos did?)

I'm glad they put in some real music, unlike socom. Please, make custom sound tracks for the xbox version though.

Xbox live downloadable content would be really good. But I can understand if yall are busy making the next 25 to life rather than making new levels.

Rank... Rank = cheaters, ever played halo2? Make it some everyone can VOTE people out if they cheat/glitch/not playing. Understand that I don't mind rank, if its done right I was #3 in the beta of socom 2, and held in the top 100 when the game came out before rank^ rooms.

If there is rank, please make it more by the individual than the team. Socom 2 does rank Mostly by rounds won/rounds lost, rather than looking into the individuals kills/deaths/objectives. Should be vice-versa.

Statistics are good, very good. I believe skill should be determined by kills/deaths. I'm glad to have read that this game will keep track of headshots etc.

Respawn (I hate respawn btw.) Make it an option like the other guy said. But by no means make it respawn only, you will lose 75% customers.

Shoot someone they die... What a concept. This should be in the game. Make sure the guns are powerful. Socom 1 hit detection/health > Socom 2.

Customizing your character sounds really good. Earning outfits that can take over a year to unlock from playing online (read that on a Q&A) Great!

Sorry for the "socom this socom that," but this game is compared to socom. Can't wait... :cool:

blackcourage
18th Apr 2005, 01:06
it we be cool to:

be able to put Banndanas in different places and many different colors.

be able to custmize gang threads

be able to get aressted and go to a living prison Ex. you have to spend time in there in hourly segements like 1hr for this crime, 2hr for this crime ETC. . .

you can get into fights in prison

be able to cusomize tattoos

have A LOT of different clothes
A LOT of diff faces and skin tones and hair styles

be able to take over territorys and be able to relax in a house sit down and talk not always have to walk around and be active.

be able to sell drugs and mabye do drugs/sell to other members

have the NARC bust in you house for drugs with you abd your boys

be able to rob banks and it be realistic and consrcewed ***ed up and ****.

drive bys and other good things

Mostly i want a working prison

also, i reference the others NO ***ing RESPAWN. make it like a contiuous world( not rounds) but if you die you respawn after and 3 hours or more

becasue it wouldnt be fun to never be able to respawn, nor to respawn asoon a you get killed

also OPEN MIC like others said becasue waiting your turn is SOOO ***ING DUMB

the lasers would be cool

ranks idiotic, the option to surrender is cool,

i like the realistic injures idea that would be really Great. but going to the hospital i would say make that realistic BUT to much realisticness ***s the game up.

the clothing like layer over layer it would be better than seprate be casue then they may not have what you want like i would want a hat over a banndana

you should have a rotation meter for you hat--side to side, back to front

one thing with clan/gang tags this is the streets not BF1942 or Socom

you should be able to have **group** clothes like you can wear what you want be have your **group** colors and Insigna on them to identify you

Severs that would be wierd for a game like this how would the plot of this game work. like in Americas Army and BF1942 and Socom i am sure you have an OBJECTIVE

that would be wierd for this. I dont want different severs i want TWO/THREE big ones but it would be so many people OMG lag would be HEEEELLLLL

like 2hr spikes and other ****

damn im tired of typing

**Gang or Clan**

thats about i t for me. . .

BEER
18th Apr 2005, 02:17
"also OPEN MIC like others said becasue waiting your turn is SOOO ***ING DUMB"-blackcourage.

so you like people screaming, coughing, sneezing, and belching in your ear all during a game?? i went online with nfsu2 just once, i refuse to get back online on the game because of the open mic, it's retarded and inconsiderate to everybody else with a headset.

blackcourage
18th Apr 2005, 03:28
with waiting your turn it could get so boring and you might need to say somthing right then and there.

i say let people make theri own rooms to chat and make where idiot can get kicked from the channel

becasue open is better yet it get a little RUFF at times and very annoying

NinjaRaven
18th Apr 2005, 18:19
Yeah it should definately be an option. I say the default should be set for non-open. If they have rooms like socom where its, "medley, breach medley, etc." For made rooms make it an option for open mic. For clan wars always have an open mic...

Also, a matchmaking for finding clan wars would be good. Let each team choose a map and then have the last map be an EVEN map and set at random. Options for all maps random, or picked maps... Of course gamebattles will probably have 25tl too, but finding clans to play can be a pain. Matchmaking just to put you in a room with a clan with the same # of people to talk would be good (so they can set up a match).

blackcourage
19th Apr 2005, 21:29
i want to make a suggestion on the talking but i must remeber this is PS2 and not PC

all i can say i hope it works out Good. :)

NinjaRaven
20th Apr 2005, 14:12
It would be REALLY cool if they had proximity talking like halo 2 (so that you can, talk not only to teamates, but also enemies that are near you)... Nothin' like telling a cop to look behind them when you have a shotty to their back. :cool:

PC Snake_EYEZ
20th Apr 2005, 22:01
I think it would be cool to talk to each other. But what I would like to see is sort of like what the real police do, only talk for 10 sec bursts 20 sec max. Or only talk if you need help or to give warnings. The more realistic the better.

Klaydoggy
22nd Apr 2005, 19:13
I like the idea of gang colors, for clans. Maybe custom grafiti for clans?

Anyway, I try not to flame SOCOM that much, really. I used to play the crap out of it. It's just that ever since I got hooked on Xbox LIVE, I have lost all patience for PS2 online. With Xbox LIVE, I get in a game within 1 minute of powering on the Xbox. PS2 can't beat that. I do love my PS2 though. MGS, GTA, and Tony Hawk are forever better on the PS2.

I will however diss SOCOM's control setup. Even when I played SOCOM regularly, I never liked it. I would hope Eidos wouldn't copy it. Toggling stand/crouch isn't an issue for me, but I would rather have it so I would hold down the button to crouch instead of a toggle.

I would think if SOCOM/25 to Life would pick up the Mercenaries control scheme, you would have a lot of happier players. I'm getting this for the Xbox anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me, but for those who didn't play it, Mercenaries (Ps2) is as such

L1 - Grenade
L2 - Toggle grenades (or RPG's, etc)
R1 - Fire
R2 - Toggle Guns (Maybe Gun to Pistol for those snipers?)
then for your face buttons, there are jump, reload, talk, crouch, etc.

Halo 2's voice system is rather good. Not only is proximity talking a cool thing, but you don't have to wait to talk. 16 people could be talking to eachother at once, if they all hit the button within a few seconds of eachother. THAT would be better than having to hold the button and wait to talk. I would prefer open mic, but I'll take what I can get.

blackcourage
22nd Apr 2005, 19:56
guns- i think that we should have to buy bullets and the guns we want

like buy two pistols and weild dual weapons and there should be a gun shop where we can get the bullets and guns( on every map of cousre) but you would have to drive(if we have vehicles) to it or walk

also we should be able to steal cars and buy them form car lots(but you cant steal from car lot) i would say customize car but if we are in a battle that would be useless to customize and your getting shot( but we could customize outside of the game like when we customize our caracter.

Makaveli123
22nd Apr 2005, 20:57
If u want a hip hop game that u can do anything u should play hip hop legends. it comes out round christmas. go to www.404gaming.com. they tell everything about it on the forums but the website is out of date its a game where u can make your own game get tons of jobs. You can be a drug dealer hustler cop ect. they got alot of rims for cars every thing check it out :D

blackcourage
24th Apr 2005, 15:13
I think this might be a very good idea

ok gansters can by a car and customize it

but when you are in the online part, only 2 people can use thier cars
and if they have a 2 door only another person can get in, but if 4 door 3 people can get in

this will let us transport faster and do drive bys and could intensify gameplay
high speed chases, mabye.

but for cops i think they should get a police van at spawn, but should not be able to create a car, because that would be not real.

BEER
24th Apr 2005, 20:16
ok i'm confused now. in almost every thread that mentios socom 3 and the use of vehicles, online vehicles are satan, they're evil and bad and will do nothing but cause lag and ruin the entire game, but they're a good idea for this game?? WTF?

blackcourage
24th Apr 2005, 22:10
i didnt say noting bout socom

this a ganster verues cops and drive bys are somthing good for the game.

maybe

Klaydoggy
25th Apr 2005, 12:17
Online vehicles are a bad idea for you PS2 users.

SOCOM is laggy enough as it is. You go throwing vehicles into the mix, and it will only get worse. I see SOCOM 3 being VERY laggy.

I like the idea of vehicles, like maybe non-playable events, like you could call for a drive-by.... or the cops could call for a helicopter to fly over and lay fire down on an area, or tear gas an area or something.

But the ability to drive them would only slow down the game. The Xbox could pull it off, not the PS2.

NinjaRaven
25th Apr 2005, 23:37
Actually the Ps2 can pull it off with the new streaming technology. They said they could have maps 5 times as big as socom 2 and with no loading screens... Wait 'till E3 they'll tell you. Remember how big GTA san andreas is with no loading screens, unless you go into a building (1st ps2 game to use streeming technology, so ive heard.) Also, I know they compair 25 to life to GTA, but 25 to life is more about killing than cars. Do not expect any drivable cars on/offline.

blackcourage
26th Apr 2005, 19:28
yep i hope that what you are saying is true

Klaydoggy
28th Apr 2005, 14:03
I thought they did a great job with GTA San Andreas, streaming everything off of the disc.

But...

Wouldn't you think the PS2 couldn't handle the streaming, intermixed with keeping tabs of all of the online work as well?

PC Snake_EYEZ
28th Apr 2005, 18:22
I have never used Xbox live! Is it fast online with no leg? I would buy an Xbox but I do not feel it is neccessary to pay more for internet when you already have to pay for internet as it is. How much do you Xboxers pay for Xbox live?

Klaydoggy
29th Apr 2005, 12:38
Xbox LIVE is $70 for the first year, and then either $50 a year after, or $5 a month after.

It is totally worth it. I would pay more if they would want.

With LIVE, you get more advantages than the PS2 online. Less lag, bigger games, game updates/patches/new content, a friends list you can actually do something with (join their game/invite to your game/send a message/voicemail to) and when I say invite to your game/join game it really is that easy. Say if someone invites you, you get a message saying you are invited somewhere, simply hit "join game" and BAM.. there you are.

The biggest difference I would say is overall speed. From powering on the Xbox, you could be IN an online game within 1 - 1.5 minutes (ya, IN a game, not just browsing games). The PS2 wouldn't have even loaded the SOCOM II online menu yet.

Eidos REALLY needs to push what Xbox LIVE can do. Clan support, custom clan tags (used with grafiti), maybe a way to make a badge that cops in a clan could wear? Or if not, to customize something on the cops uniform, like other than "Police" it could say something else "LAPD, NYPD, etc." something the player could write on it themselves...

just an idea

PC Snake_EYEZ
29th Apr 2005, 14:33
I would like to get an Xbox but I also have alot of games for PS2. My PS2 does not work right now but I can trade it in at Electronic Boutique and get $75 off a new one. I have the GTA series on PS2 and I do not want to get rid of them. If EB games said I will give you a one for one exchange on my games then I would switch. But I have invested in PS2 for a while now and sadly as I grow older I have more bills to pay and an Xbox is just not in the budget right now.

Klaydoggy
29th Apr 2005, 15:30
This really should be on a different board, but I will say it anyway.

I love my PS2 as well. I play it occasionally still. I think GTA, MGS, and the Tony Hawk games will never be better than on the PS2.. I played GTA on the Xbox and hated it.

But other than those 3 franchises, I can't see me spending money on a PS2 verison of a game over the Xbox version.

intrepid_soul
29th Apr 2005, 20:36
Yes this thread is for 25 to Life suggestions not Xbox Live vs. PS2 Online debates.

dAhOoD84
30th Apr 2005, 20:01
this game is gonna be off the rapdizzzlee!!!!!!!fo rizzleeee

blackcourage
5th May 2005, 00:55
your late. . . thats was before i know almost anything about this game

once i got here and read upon the game and figure out what it was like

i have then made suggestions that are possible :eek:

buddy

Shugart BHD
5th May 2005, 05:41
your late. . . thats was before i know almost anything about this game

once i got here and read upon the game and figure out what it was like

i have then made suggestions that are possible :eek:

buddy

That's why people should read the damn site before they come and post on the forums. It reduces ridiculous posts (or not, a post about a hubcap being worn around the neck comes to mind), but it would at least lead to intelligent threads where people know what they are talking about.

Clumsy, I think you should almost sticky a thread that says read the site first, or add it at the top of another stickied thread. A decent amount of threads are just people who are posting for the first time asking "When does this game come out? I heard May, now it's July! Whoa it's crazy! lol lol" or some broad online question that is answered on the site. Then again, the people that make posts like that would never read it anyways.

Clumsyorchid
5th May 2005, 06:50
Meh, people rarely read or search for answers. It's a common forum problem. Just ignore the people who don't take the time. Also, the Suggestion thread is quite lengthy now, it is a little daunting to start and read through the entire thread.

JacenPsykes
6th May 2005, 13:09
So here's a shot in the dark.

What about the option for hosts of online games to set up the whole use of lethal force parameters? Kinda like regulating weapons but only for a certain time. Like Cops cannot use there firearms until a gangster shoots first or they are penalized. This would encourage the cops to become more efficient in their none lethal means like night sticks or tazers. What advantage do the gangsters get you ask? (sorry, that was a lame line) Gangster get the issurance that they have a better chance of illuding the police as long as none of their teammates have itchy trigger fingers. So during for example the robbery mode the crooks have a better chance of making it out of the level if they maintain cool heads....and baseball bats. People would hopefully take the time to strategize together instead of scattering and talking about their imaginary girlfriends.

Give me some feed back....(constructive feedback preferably)

PC Snake_EYEZ
6th May 2005, 15:38
Sounds good! But I think everyone will have a happy trigger finger. If someone has the chance to take out a cop they will probably do it. Also I think some people might just find it boring instead of instant action. I think it would be fun. Some gamers might just show up in that type of game just to stur s#!t up.

intrepid_soul
6th May 2005, 15:46
Like Cops cannot use there firearms until a gangster shoots first or they are penalized. This would encourage the cops to become more efficient in their none lethal means like night sticks or tazers.

This was a great idea, which brings me back to the point of games not taking too many chances these days. I mean every FPS has to have the obligatory deathmatch, capture the flag, and such modes. What I find frustrating is no one really tries any new style of modes.

JacenPsykes
9th May 2005, 12:14
Exactly my point PC Snake. It's for those of us who might want to step up our game once in a while like Soul said. Some buddy might come in and run and gun but if it's a crook then he's team can deal with him, if it's a cop then he gets penalized anyways and the team can boot him as well. The crooks wouldn't be penalized, their risk comes from giving the cops full authority to shoot back. It probably would be used more in the realm of clan vs. clan to help filter out the jerks. Also by making it an option eliminates the complaints from those who don't want to play it. Their loss, our added entertainment.

God I love forums that actually talk about what there suppose to. :D

Thanks for the back-up Soul...

intrepid_soul
9th May 2005, 15:33
I always though a mole type game would be great, but it would take work to set it up. You would have to have a permenant side that you are assigned to, and there couldn't be any message saying who kill you, just that you were taken out. Maybe after awhile when your cred was up you could get invitations to switch sides, or play a double agent. Where you could either TK discreetly so no one would know it was you, or you could be their eyes, like a satellite feed to your viewpoint.

PC Snake_EYEZ
9th May 2005, 16:16
I have only ever played on-line once and that was for socom. Something I would like to see is clans can only be able to talk to each other inside their clan, so it will not tie up the air. But if you are in a certain distance from an opponent you could say something too them. Does this make sense?

intrepid_soul
9th May 2005, 16:21
Makes perfect sense, I think it would add to the realism inside the game world. Ofcourse this is why proximity chat is a great idea to some. I feel everyone on the team should be able to hear you, but if you are talking and there are enemies close they can hear your one sided conversation which would alert them to the fact you are near.

Kontrocity22
9th May 2005, 20:22
i dout that they'll include this but i was hoping for mabye and FFA mode where you can be cop or gangster but your enemy is everyone. and mabye a juggernaut mode where one dude is the juggernaut and mabye has more health or like full body armor and all the guns. i donno whatever the server host feels like making the juggernaut have.

Shugart BHD
10th May 2005, 03:33
i dout that they'll include this but i was hoping for mabye and FFA mode where you can be cop or gangster but your enemy is everyone. and mabye a juggernaut mode where one dude is the juggernaut and mabye has more health or like full body armor and all the guns. i donno whatever the server host feels like making the juggernaut have.

Kind of playing off this playstyle, a briefcase (I know it's called a million other things too, I just remember from Perfect Dark) style would be fun. I'm thinking a reverse of tag almost. Your "it" and everyone tries to kill you but you have no special abilities. Basically, it's the above mentioned Juggernaut without the distinction of the Juggernaut and the other players.

New [good] play modes are definitely something that would make the game stand out.

intrepid_soul
10th May 2005, 15:46
Kind of playing off this playstyle, a briefcase (I know it's called a million other things too, I just remember from Perfect Dark) style would be fun. I'm thinking a reverse of tag almost. Your "it" and everyone tries to kill you but you have no special abilities. Basically, it's the above mentioned Juggernaut without the distinction of the Juggernaut and the other players.

New [good] play modes are definitely something that would make the game stand out.

That is exactly like Hunter from Snowblind. This is a mode that could be expanded upon. The first thing I would do is make the person who is it, not be visible on any radar, this would allow them to use stealth to avoid death, and pick off people. Next if the "it" person was killed, the token would randomly respawn somewhere else, or the person who killed the "it" person would randomly respawn, thus giving them a chance to not have the pile up that Snowblind has. Its basically a mob that moves around based on where the Hunter is.

JacenPsykes
11th May 2005, 12:24
Anyone know if roof tops will be accessible. It's got to be a must. For games like robbery it would make staking out banks so much easier. Also insertion into buildings from roof stair wells and vents would be cool. The whole aspect would ad another demension to the game. Run and gun is cool but give us some gameplay variety.

Here's something I want to bounce off you guys too. It's something to the effect of what PC Snake was saying about cross team chatter. Splinter Cell hit a little on this in their on-line game. Have it so you can't here the players radio chatter per sae more that a player can use the option to talk up to 30-40 feet. If this chatter could come through the TV it would be perfect. But it would add the ability to distract players on the other team. Who doesn't want to rush a room and yell "drop you weapon, get on the ground."

It would be a small touch and not really add much but if used right, it could be fun. Plus it's not an option you see alot of.

Shugart BHD
12th May 2005, 04:44
That is exactly like Hunter from Snowblind. This is a mode that could be expanded upon. The first thing I would do is make the person who is it, not be visible on any radar, this would allow them to use stealth to avoid death, and pick off people. Next if the "it" person was killed, the token would randomly respawn somewhere else, or the person who killed the "it" person would randomly respawn, thus giving them a chance to not have the pile up that Snowblind has. Its basically a mob that moves around based on where the Hunter is.

With those fixes you mentioned, I could see that be extremely fun if the map was layed out well.

I definitely think the talking thing is cool as well, but that's why its proximity on the radio in other games. The other team can hear you talking into your radio, but I know what you're getting it.

I don't know about roof-tops though. It sounds good, but I could see people camping up on them and peeking over and shooting a shot and retreating. It could be a big pain.

BEER
12th May 2005, 05:19
i'd like to see a game option where the host could turn on something like "anti-camping protection" where if you sit in the same small area for more than a minute or so, it automatically teleports you somewhere else at random. maybe not that exact way but something along those lines.

intrepid_soul
12th May 2005, 17:30
How about after a short time your healthy starts to lower slowly, and if it lowered enough there would be a big message to the other users that you died on a camping trip. :)

JacenPsykes
12th May 2005, 20:27
To avoid campers how about setting up multiple spawn points. Like 4 or five for each side. If one spawn point has a camper then tell your team to avoid that spawn and start some place else. Campers suck but it's a effective strategy. Let the campers be lame, atleast you know where they are then.

Killa_Cam'ron
15th May 2005, 05:21
i hope you can over layer your clothes like you put on a shirt and you can choose to put a jerser over or you put on a hat and you can put a hood over it rather than just having baggie pants and a selection of shirts

blackcourage
15th May 2005, 05:54
some one has already posted an opinion about that

and another person argued that layers over layers would cause very much

LAG and gameplay would cascade drasatically

also, i would like this feature though gosta keep it gansta home boy

Shugart BHD
16th May 2005, 00:46
How about after a short time your healthy starts to lower slowly, and if it lowered enough there would be a big message to the other users that you died on a camping trip. :)

hahah I don't see what's so wrong with camping; you just have to be smart and outwit the camper. If they are spawn camping, that should be fixed, or if they are the last person, but other than those two occurences, I have no problems with campers.

FeJ
16th May 2005, 12:32
I dont know if anyone has suggested this yet, but in all the screenshots ive seen, the gun & ammo icon, the health meter, and whatever esle is at the bottom corners of your screen, are WAY TOO BIG. I think it would be an improvement if those were alot smaller, the more screen you can see when youre playin, the better off you are. I know the icons are only in the bottom corners, and not much goes on down there, but if you are able to get up high on anything, then those icons get in the way when youre lookin down on an area, and IMO the game would look alot cleaner without those clunky icons.

ColdKid
16th May 2005, 16:50
this has probably been suggested already, but hit detection needs to be of utmost concern. Alot of these shooter games have good graphics music background and hit detection, from far away... but up close, you gotta shoot the guy like 50times at an awkward angle before they fall. This is one of the reasons i suck at socom cuz im the in-your-face kinda shooter and the hit detection sux. i also dont understand how if someone is leaning out in the middle of the battlefield, that it makes it harder to shoot them. If i aim for the torso, it shouldnt matter if they lean, squat (then a torso shot becomes a head shot), backflip, spin around, or do jumping jacks. if they take anything from socom, i hope its not the hit detection. They should follow more along the lines of Halo 2's where if you're shot, you feel it.

marker227
16th May 2005, 20:45
hahah I don't see what's so wrong with camping; you just have to be smart and outwit the camper. If they are spawn camping, that should be fixed, or if they are the last person, but other than those two occurences, I have no problems with campers.

You do what ever you have to so you can stay alive. Same thing in real life :)

Kontrocity22
17th May 2005, 02:02
You do what ever you have to so you can stay alive. Same thing in real life :)
lol that is so true... i hate little n00bs who ***** about camping... its not a hack... its not a cheat... its a part of the game and if you ***** about it... just don't play the damn game!

intrepid_soul
17th May 2005, 15:34
lol that is so true... i hate little n00bs who ***** about camping... its not a hack... its not a cheat... its a part of the game and if you ***** about it... just don't play the damn game!

I agree its part of the game, but where is the skill in finding a bottleneck and waiting for someone to walk around the corner? Where is the skill in finding the spots that spawn people and then killing them? From the other perspective if you are going to be fragged the second you spawn why would you play again? I have played enough people to see a great game going without camping, games with campers get annoying quickly. Its good to mix it up a bit too.

Clumsyorchid
17th May 2005, 17:41
I think camping in games is a good tactic in defend/advance type gameplay. If it's a Deathmatch evironment, then it's more on the cheap side- a classic new player tactic at that too. But with objective gameplay, the game is slower and players need to stick together with good communication and take things slow. A good team can stop a camper with solid tactics any day of the week.

viZZiOn
26th May 2005, 18:31
Taking a page from the tony Hawk games, you should be able to put your face onto your gangsta or cop, or possibly take a picture off your computer and put it onto a T-shirt or hat, i know it may be late to add something like that, but THUG 2 just threw it in last minute.

xplicit
28th May 2005, 14:28
Hideout
there should be some kind of place where if you rob the bank, you can bring the money back, and store it to use in single player or something...
Robbing more
you should be able to take more than just money...maybe steal car parts or sumthin
Gunz mod
maybe you should be able to personally modify your guns...
Vehicles
i dont kno if they have this, but vehicles should be available to every 1 in the game...make it a little more "cop chase" wise...
own properties
it'd be cool to be able to buy properties (like gta) but you choose what you want to do with it...like chop shops or sumthin...
Posible innocents
instead of the you gotta be "gangstas" or "cops" them, there should be a "innocent until proven guilty" feel...like if you're just walkin, and minding ur own bussiness, cops cant arrest you, but then u deside to kill some one...and cops come after you...make it feel more real life...

viZZiOn
28th May 2005, 17:19
Hideout
there should be some kind of place where if you rob the bank, you can bring the money back, and store it to use in single player or something...
Robbing more
you should be able to take more than just money...maybe steal car parts or sumthin
Gunz mod
Vehicles
i dont kno if they have this, but vehicles should be available to every 1 in the game...make it a little more "cop chase" wise...
own properties
it'd be cool to be able to buy properties (like gta) but you choose what you want to do with it...like chop shops or sumthin...
Posible innocents
instead of the you gotta be "gangstas" or "cops" them, there should be a "innocent until proven guilty" feel...like if you're just walkin, and minding ur own bussiness, cops cant arrest you, but then u deside to kill some one...and cops come after you...make it feel more real life...

sounds good...if you want another GTA type game, i like the idea of modifying your guns though..

blackcourage
29th May 2005, 00:40
Hideout
Robbing more
Gunz mod
Vehicles
own properties
Posible innocents

i like the idea of properties but i just dont know how that would work out.

cars i think for cops they all of them should have a car and the choice between van or car (maby motorcycle)

for gangstas i think, so it wont be crowded, only have of them can have cars
like (Ex. if its 8-4 , 16-8, 6-3,) and this way there can be some one driving and someone riding maby even more than two in a car and do a drive by

robbing more than money- this could work like the gangstas have a certain money level they have to reach and the cops must stop them for getting it.

like a radio is-25$, a car is -2000$, and you car rob conveice stores and people's houses

and the innocents i would love that.

these ideas are awsome, i just would love that properties idea.

blackcourage
29th May 2005, 23:33
i like to see tattoos in this but has any1 seen somthiin that would indicate tats or do you know for a fact that the game will have them.

viZZiOn
30th May 2005, 03:31
i like to see tattoos in this but has any1 seen somthiin that would indicate tats or do you know for a fact that the game will have them.

yeah man, i'm allmost positive that there are tats in the game, and if thers not, i'm gon be pissed

ronnie McGinnis JR
2nd Jun 2005, 00:17
i would think it would be cool if u could if u could go fishing were ever there is water. Have it were there is different kind of fishing poles and accesories. and it would be awsome if u could be running trew the woods and come accros any kind of animal and kill it or catch it. make it were all animals r like humans even the fish. if u want more advice on this subject contact me and i will help as much as possible.

blackcourage
2nd Jun 2005, 01:12
how that would relate to this game is . . .ok but i do like those ideas

and if i would wont them i would just pick up deer huter, and bass fishing

intrepid_soul
2nd Jun 2005, 16:50
i would think it would be cool if u could if u could go fishing were ever there is water. Have it were there is different kind of fishing poles and accesories. and it would be awsome if u could be running trew the woods and come accros any kind of animal and kill it or catch it. make it were all animals r like humans even the fish. if u want more advice on this subject contact me and i will help as much as possible.

Someone's been playing too much animal crossing, or Dark Cloud :)

NWA_JayGutter_NWA
3rd Jun 2005, 15:29
I'm kinda ify on the sniper riffle in the game in my hood we never used that weapon to much noise

viZZiOn
3rd Jun 2005, 15:55
I'm kinda ify on the sniper riffle in the game in my hood we never used that weapon to much noise

nah i'm all for snipers, it'll keep some of the run and gunners in check

viZZiOn
3rd Jun 2005, 16:08
i just wanna be able to make a thug that actually looks like me, so i'm just really hoping for some variation in the customization

ShyTown
4th Jun 2005, 05:43
One suggestion....Stop delaying the game so much.

JacenPsykes
6th Jun 2005, 00:38
So I hate back tracking or beating a good idea till it's dead....

...but I love the idea of cars. I'm completely convinced it's not happening this time around and it's too early to think sequal, but theoredically...I love the concept of driving a police car first/third person. The computer on the dash could scroll group chat. Large complex maps of inner cities complete with back allies, accessible fire escapes/roofs/ interiors. Cop to crook ratio would be 2 (or 3) to 1 becuase let's face it, cops always out number the bad guys. Even a player to play dispatch who gets the map and can communicte with the officers on where the suspect is. You start off on the beat with your so-so police car and can build yourself up through a prestige system to unlock better vehicles (not just cars), clothes, weapons, accesories, etc.

But I digress, this game is a step in the direction I've been waiting for for a long time.

Release the damn game, or atleast update the website more then once a month. For here is where the devoted fans come to discuss our dreams and visions and tell you what we'd like to see (and Orchid is kind enough to listen...we love you Orch), yet we still have to read all the new updates and hear about the new trailers on other sites. Don't leave us in the dark, we should be the first to see the light.

Klaydoggy
6th Jun 2005, 12:22
"Even a player to play dispatch who gets the map and can communicte with the officers on where the suspect is."

Even though that would be kinda boring to play the dispatcher... that is a beautiful idea.

and the guy who was talking about fishing and hunting....

W T F?

That's like saying "Maybe in the next-gen Madden game, you can take a time-out, go to a local club, and start a Dance Dance Revolution simulator, that would pWn"

That's it... where's my gun.

lilbreakdown
7th Jun 2005, 18:09
vizzion got a point ima get my ass out there and pull the trigger type of homie i aint 1 fo snipein but they some good snipers thats on like other games u gonna whant on ya team naw mean

hahahah catz whit plastic gatz :cool:

xplicit
8th Jun 2005, 13:45
Gangstaz dont snipe....and i think thats what eidos meant by saying "gangstaz will be very different from cops, in the way that they shoot,and draw their weapons and the weapons that will be available to them..."

so i can see cops with snipers on their team, but gangstaz just dont snipe... :cool:

blackcourage
8th Jun 2005, 18:26
i do agree that woundlt be that fun having gangstas sniping police maybe

be cause they do snipe but see some weapons we have that cant have

like Sniper-cops, RPG-gangsta Etc. . .

xplicit
8th Jun 2005, 18:32
exactly wat i was tryna say

VideoGameMaster
8th Jun 2005, 19:17
snipers are a good idea..slows down the rush....i thnk either side would benefit fromn having them...did u even notice the name ghettosniper on here?...i bet he wants a sniper fer the thugs....u see..thugs that have snipers are the ones they call hitmen..they all crazy....mob-like....snipers are a must fer both sides..u ever see the movies where all the cops are held off by one thug sniper that they cant find??.....just fer an up-to-date ex. "phone booth"...ok so that guys not really a thug...but tell me what thug would wanna mess with a crazy mofo like that?..nd he definetly wasnt a cop so he goes on the thug side i'd say

xplicit
9th Jun 2005, 01:37
yes! you have a point....

viZZiOn
9th Jun 2005, 05:05
snipers are a good idea..slows down the rush....i thnk either side would benefit fromn having them...did u even notice the name ghettosniper on here?...i bet he wants a sniper fer the thugs....u see..thugs that have snipers are the ones they call hitmen..they all crazy....mob-like....snipers are a must fer both sides..u ever see the movies where all the cops are held off by one thug sniper that they cant find??.....just fer an up-to-date ex. "phone booth"...ok so that guys not really a thug...but tell me what thug would wanna mess with a crazy mofo like that?..nd he definetly wasnt a cop so he goes on the thug side i'd say

exactly! people...this man knows what hes talking about

xplicit
9th Jun 2005, 14:11
it would be cool if you cool if you could give each other some dapp.....like in Toejam & Earl....you could give eachother "high fives"....

it be cool just to give one of your clan members some dapp when you win a match...

Klaydoggy
9th Jun 2005, 14:59
Toejam and Earl...

One of the greatest games of all time.

I don't think that would be a great addition to the game... seeing as you could just say "Nice kill" to someone...

I have already posted on another topic about taunting people you have killed... and if they do ANYTHING like SOCOM, I wouldn't mind seeing victory dances again...

but not really dances, more like...

*Kills someone, stands over body, shoots body while screaming stuff like*

"YOU LIKE THAT!"
"DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!"
"HOW YOU LIKE ME KNOW, BI***!"

that would rule

VideoGameMaster
9th Jun 2005, 17:02
im down with that...both the team taunts and opponent taunts..i know in socom when u win sumtimes ppl with either jump together on a dead body er all dance or u do the "lean right lean left" dance...it would be cool to have like an nfl type victory dance like all do the ram celebration or the dirty bird or sumthin cool like river walkin..or even a simple high five er what not...im down with both the team and enemy taunts....if they dont have anything besides taggin em..then i'll just tag em nd sit on there face or jump on them...as i said eralier in another post...NOTHING LIKE KICKIN EM WHEN THEY DOWN!!! :cool: :D

viZZiOn
9th Jun 2005, 19:14
you can actually spraypaint your rivals corpse if you really wanna get em heated

xplicit
9th Jun 2005, 23:20
yea, leave em out lined like in gta 3...lol

mbones50
10th Jun 2005, 00:14
just make sure online run good

J-Hood
13th Jun 2005, 15:22
Single Player
Should be able to walk around and accept missions.

Should be able to toss grenades. If you get shot in the arm while yor holding a grenate it detonates,also have grenade cooking.

Gun Customization
Equip guns with flashlights (Cops Only),Also scopes on guns, body ammo,tear gas

Arrests
(Cops Only) have the ability to arrest gangsters. Gangsters can free others (arrested) by damaging the cop car.

Kick Doors
Abaility to kick open doors.

Music
Ability to download music off the net or cd and have it in game.

Vibration
Open for the controller to vibrate when shot or tossing a nade.

Taunts
Ability to taunt your enimies (only those close to you can see)

Ranks
The better or worst a player gets should have a label. Example Good Cop -. Lieutanity, Gangster - God Father

Servers
Broadband Only,150 people per a server. Name the severs Example West Coast,East Coast,South Side,Cali,Italy.

Names
Name max of 15 characters and clan tags

Buddy List
Stats,Add,ignore, or message your friends

Shot Distance
The closer or further you get shot determines the amount of health lost.

Abilitys
Roll,Prone,Climb,pick up weapons (dropped from players),pull a cellphone when the mic is being used,fight, no health bar

Rooms
Lock,unlock,password,force launch,Boot players,(random)respawn,friendly fire,mics,Gangster vs. Gangster,Word Filter,Weather

Automobiles
Ability to drive in cars and drivebys/ Motorcycles (cops only),Radio/CD.

DNAS
Ban all cheaters/Glitchers and enable DNAS. A report option,voting system

Clans
Abilit to set up matches and alliance with others.

Customization
Ability to customize your characters with ALOT of differnt clothing and also downloads, Map Creations,have a primary and secondary gun

Klaydoggy
13th Jun 2005, 15:53
"Should be able to walk around and accept missions."

This is not GTA, this is more like Max Payne. Linear levels, not wide open free-roam.

"(Cops Only) have the ability to arrest gangsters. Gangsters can free others (arrested) by damaging the cop car."

From what has been said in articles, when arrested, it is the same as a kill. It (What I'm predicting) will just freeze the arrested thug on the ground and start his respawn timer, then respawn him when the time is up.

"Ability to download music off the net or cd and have it in game."

I doubt it will have DL music, but most single player games nowadays have custom soundtrack options.

"Open for the controller to vibrate when shot or tossing a nade."

This is in 99% of shooters now anyway.

"Buddy List
Stats,Add,ignore, or message your friends"

Xbox LIVE will definately have this. PS2 version, who knows... It might just be another sad attempt like SOCOM 2 has.

"Abilitys
Roll,Prone,Climb,pick up weapons (dropped from players),pull a cellphone when the mic is being used,fight, no health bar"

Ya, pulling a cellphone would definately add to the realism, but you would also lose shooting with a rifle/shotgun to free up the hand.

"Rooms
Lock,unlock,password,force launch,Boot players,(random)respawn,friendly fire,mics,Gangster vs. Gangster,Word Filter,Weather"

A weather setting would be nice, but I have yet to see a game with it in there.

"Automobiles
Ability to drive in cars and drivebys/ Motorcycles (cops only),Radio/CD."

It hasn't been announced yet, but due to all the available screenshots/movies, there has been no vehcles seen/mentioned.

"DNAS
Ban all cheaters/Glitchers and enable DNAS. A report option,voting system"

Once again, Xbox users have this already. And What is the use of DNAS when 1. It is easily bypassed, and 2. Sony is too afraid to ban gamers from it?

"Clans
Abilit to set up matches and alliance with others."

Clan matches have been announced.

Hope this helps

mbones50
13th Jun 2005, 22:44
plzzz no respawn ok

ShyTown
13th Jun 2005, 22:46
Respanw would be straight if u can choose if you wanna play it like on socom.

J-Hood
13th Jun 2005, 23:24
Yeah if it should be an option for it to be on or off.

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 04:32
it is an option to turn respawn on, like socom2 has it

xplicit
14th Jun 2005, 14:14
it should be a choice, cuz i like respawn....but alot of yall catz dont and thats why it sholud be a choice ;)

Big D
24th Jun 2005, 18:34
Now I know the game is an online game, but couldn't they try to improve the graphics some more? Honestly. Some of the screen shots are just plain ugly.

I wish you could use something like proximity mines or remote mines like the ones in Goldeneye 007 for the N64. I miss those things.

blackcourage
24th Jun 2005, 19:18
they should have Two severs like socom. one should be a party sever with
30 people able to join with and a regular sever. cas on the party sever it should be cruise mode like midnight club but you have cops and ganster. this iss a place for people to chill wioth their friends go to the club and dance. you could got to your territory and just chill. this one round could be have ever long and you have 5 respawn times. and then your out but you could go join another sever
cops can areest people you would have to sit out for and amount of.

this could be a good idea just needs so adjustments. cas i said another seperate sever to try on cutting down on the hell of lag this probally would make

BEER
24th Jun 2005, 20:13
i like the idea of mixing a respawn with a round based game. during a respawn game the room creator could limit how many times you can respawn, like ech person gets 5 "lives" or even better you could set it up where the entire team uses a respawn pool so the team gets a total of 20 respawns and if one guy gets killed 20 times then the rest of the team will be s.o.l. yes i think that would make an sweet option

blackcourage
25th Jun 2005, 04:05
^^^^^ yes i do like that haaha

J-Hood
25th Jun 2005, 04:21
They should also add LAN to the game.

orignal og2
25th Jun 2005, 17:03
if they allready made the game its to late to change

B_Rob
26th Jun 2005, 02:44
they should bring in the free roamin type mode for when u first log in. this way we can set up terfs and **** and if we got beef wit anotha gang just bring the war to them and try to expand thats just an idea u should have in yo head if not in 25 to Life then maybe in the follow up game to this

VideoGameMaster
26th Jun 2005, 03:45
i was just thinkin..nd have yall ever played NBA Street..any of em??...well u c..it'd be kinda cool if u could steal a playa from the other team after they lose a clan battle...of course u wouldnt haveta steal if u didnt wanna....but wouldnt that be kinda cool to steal away a gang mem or cop...unless it was the leader..but just think..stealin the best playas nd then if u wanted just trash em :thumbsup: :D

viZZiOn
26th Jun 2005, 07:17
i was just thinkin..nd have yall ever played NBA Street..any of em??...well u c..it'd be kinda cool if u could steal a playa from the other team after they lose a clan battle...of course u wouldnt haveta steal if u didnt wanna....but wouldnt that be kinda cool to steal away a gang mem or cop...unless it was the leader..but just think..stealin the best playas nd then if u wanted just trash em :thumbsup: :D

except when they're pissed off that they're on your team and TK everyone, or when they just plain drop your clan, couldnt see it workin man, i know i wouldnt wanna play for some clan that just "won" me

blackcourage
26th Jun 2005, 07:25
they should make a Creat-a-greet mood (hahaha) you like crate a move on the wrestling games. thats stupid. bu they should make a create a bandana or make diffrernt things like "Whats you afflation" could be shoes flag, hair style clothes or mutiple but making you own badnana could give it your touch and it would be so that no gang has the same affaltion.

~~baker~~
26th Jun 2005, 08:38
yah man thats a good idea and we should be able to make a tattoo of our gang name like san andreas does

blackcourage
26th Jun 2005, 09:50
yea that would be good too

B_Rob
26th Jun 2005, 18:17
or lets take it one step further. we could either make a chain or customize your weapon

blackcourage
26th Jun 2005, 20:20
yea i do like have me a chain with shapire blue stones with the letters BC

that would be fire

viZZiOn
27th Jun 2005, 01:05
anyone remember tony hawks underground? PUT YOUR FACE IN THE GAME i suggested this alot earlier on and got some positive and negative feedback, but if your talking about customization, there you go. as far as bandanas are concerned, i doubt anyones gonna really be able to see the custom designs on it, but good idea
i did like the suggestion of customizing your chain, dunno about the weapons customization though, there would be to many people running around with insanely cheap weapons and it would make the game much less enjoyable

BEER
27th Jun 2005, 02:22
i just noticed one thing on socom2 that i'd like to see fixed in 25tl. when you hit the briefing room of a game already in progress there should be some sort of indicator of how many rounds are left, or how much time is left if it's a respawn. i've jumped into at least 4 games today and as soon as i geared up and got in the game was almost immediately over and that pisses me off. i'm much rather be able to look at a scoreboard or something in the briefing room so if there's only one round left and it's down to the last 2 guys i won't waste my time trying to get into that game.

J-Hood
27th Jun 2005, 02:45
^Good Idea BEER^

ShyTown
27th Jun 2005, 04:55
i just noticed one thing on socom2 that i'd like to see fixed in 25tl. when you hit the briefing room of a game already in progress there should be some sort of indicator of how many rounds are left, or how much time is left if it's a respawn. i've jumped into at least 4 games today and as soon as i geared up and got in the game was almost immediately over and that pisses me off. i'm much rather be able to look at a scoreboard or something in the briefing room so if there's only one round left and it's down to the last 2 guys i won't waste my time trying to get into that game.

I hope their doing that..and nice idea.

never thought of it

orignal og2
27th Jun 2005, 05:04
what the hell its a gangster and cop game

orignal og2
27th Jun 2005, 05:14
there is no point in driving in this game it would ruin the game and turn it in to gta 4