PDA

View Full Version : n00bie to forum have quick "?" tia

XboxThief
7th Jan 2005, 02:26
I have Xbox's version of this game and was wondering how far I am in the game I just re rented it for the 2nd time rite now i just had some book read to me in the "forbidden library" after I completed the 3 given tasks asked of me currently I just broke in the clocktower (even after being told not to by some guy I did 3 jobs for). So my 1st question is how far am I in this game?

My 2nd question is I got my status up with the hammers by killing rust mites and undead or w/e I take it after this destroy the clocktower mission im on my status with them will be back at hostile. I figure I can just kill more rust mites and undead to get it back up again.. now for the question the other faction asked me to shoot moss arrows and certain green marks ive yet to see 1 of them and these so called cocoons of theirs can anyone help me out and tell me what they look like exactly?

Thanks for any and all help this game kicks major ass big props to the makers of this last game I played that I acctually got into as much as this 1 was morrowind!

DreXor
7th Jan 2005, 03:34
the cocoons are the things near the pagan entrance that look like elephant <edit>TUSKS</edit> (Used to say Trunks) stuck in the ground, shoot arrows at that, the blocks ( corner stones ) are a bit tricker, they're extremely hard to find if you have no clue what you're looking for, and you've prolly done what we all did and kept shooting arrows at the green mark on the wall.

search the forum for "corner stones" there's a few of the threads with pictures.

Gillie
7th Jan 2005, 03:34
While you are in the Missions. The factions do not count.They will be Hostile! If you have done the Missions correctly.I would say there are just a few more.
Did you read the note from Dyan
on the wall near the pagan camp in the docks. the Cocoon is in the camp.Looks like large Elephant tusk. Shoot one of each elemental arrow at it each day.Also in the camp in Audale.Fire,water,Moss,Gas?
The Green
corner stone are spread throughout the game .They look like a spider.you have to shoot each one with a moss arrow to get factions
If you search the forums.Most of the answers are there.
Here are three.
Docks. just South of the South Quarter gate.Docks. East of the Tavern.Docks Northeast of the pagan sapling,in the small corner alley

These are some!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=123452&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending:)

XboxThief
7th Jan 2005, 05:41
Originally posted by DreXor
the cocoons are the things near the pagan entrance that look like elephant trunks stuck in the ground, shoot arrows at that, the blocks ( corner stones ) are a bit tricker, they're extremely hard to find if you have no clue what you're looking for, and you've prolly done what we all did and kept shooting arrows at the green mark on the wall.

search the forum for "corner stones" there's a few of the threads with pictures.

You nailed it on the head thats what I did "shot arrows at the green symbol on the wall" when I check my faction status and seen it didnt change what so ever I just loaded the game from the previous point rite before I shot the arrows so I didnt lose any.

XboxThief
7th Jan 2005, 05:44
Thanks for you help guys while were on the subject I just beat the clocktower mission and as stated above my faction status didnt change from the mission now I have to go back to the library BUT, I cant find it anymore what I "think" use to be it has some large stones blockin the entrance and their on fire is this the rite place??:confused: thanks again.

raetsel
7th Jan 2005, 09:25
that's where the clocktower was (you could go through that way to get to the area where the library is previously, but there's another way).

not sure which pile of burning rocks you're standing by & not sure about giving directions that work so great, but...

if you're by the burning pile of rocks where, if facing the rocks, directly behind you are some wooden stairs then:
face rocks & turn to your left, go straight to the end then left through that doorway.
take your first/immediate right.
follow that passageway (it turns right then left then right)
you should see a doorway with a gargoyle thorugh it ahead of you - don't go in there, but go to the left.
follow that passageway going right then left & the library is right there.

if you are instead by the burning pile of rocks next to the gargoyle:
face the gargoyle then turn in the opposite direction & go through that doorway, taking an immediate right after it & follow the passage (right, left) & the library is there.

hope that helps...

Wilhelm
7th Jan 2005, 21:37
Don't worry about how many Hammerites you knock off during the Clocktower mission as it will not affect your status with them...During a mission use your "o" key (default) to bring up a list of objectives and scroll down to the bottom to see if there are any restrictions, on this mission its a free for all...