PDA

View Full Version : is it the trickster?



JC 12
1st Jan 2005, 00:57
in the museum mission , where you have to get the 3 artifacts something wierd happens. when you take the eye is it the trickster speaking to you?

i no that garret got his eye taken out, is the eye garrets?

Tin Star
1st Jan 2005, 01:00
No its just the eye speaking to you.

Tin Star

JC 12
1st Jan 2005, 01:13
ok, thank you, but is the eye garrets?

Tin Star
1st Jan 2005, 03:01
Yes:
The eye is his real eye it was taken from him in the first Thief game.

Tin Star

Peter_Smith
1st Jan 2005, 06:21
Originally posted by Tin Star
Yes:
The eye is his real eye it was taken from him in the first Thief game.

Tin Star
Really!?? Ugg.:eek: Must be getting pretty ripe by now.:rolleyes:

Tin Star
1st Jan 2005, 07:14
Originally posted by Peter Smith
Really!?? Ugg.:eek: Must be getting pretty ripe by now.:rolleyes:

After all Garrett did say he would keep an eye out for the better things in life,so he could snatch them up.

Tin Star

JC 12
1st Jan 2005, 14:33
cool, so i was right, i havnt played thief 1 yet, im playing backwards, the 1st thief game i heard of was thief:ds :)

Tin Star
1st Jan 2005, 16:46
Originally posted by JC 12
cool, so i was right, i havnt played thief 1 yet, im playing backwards, the 1st thief game i heard of was thief:ds :)

Thief DS is the first game but if you can get Thief Gold get it.Thief Gold is the first game with three extra missions in it that were added into the first game.

Tin Star

Ian Flaer
1st Jan 2005, 18:20
Ok, I want to clarify a little here. the Eye is an intelligent artifact that is currently in possesion of Garrett's right eyeball. there was a mission in the first thief game, Thief the Dark Project, in which you retrieve the eye from the Haunted Cathedral and it rips garretts eye out. fortunately for Garrett, the hammers made him a mechanical eye (complete with zoom feature) to make up for his loss.

Tin Star
2nd Jan 2005, 03:48
Originally posted by Ian Flaer
Ok, I want to clarify a little here. the Eye is an intelligent artifact that is currently in possesion of Garrett's right eyeball. there was a mission in the first thief game, Thief the Dark Project, in which you retrieve the eye from the Haunted Cathedral and it rips garretts eye out. fortunately for Garrett, the hammers made him a mechanical eye (complete with zoom feature) to make up for his loss.

Garrett took the orb that now has his eye in it in the Haunted Cathedral mission in the first game and gave the orb to the Trickster who in turn tore his eye out and put it in the orb and Karras who was a Hammer at the time made the mechanical eye he has today.If you stop and think about it he has taken the eye twice,once when he switched it with a fake eye at the end of the first game and again when he gets it in the DS game.

Tin Star

Ian Flaer
2nd Jan 2005, 05:11
yeah, that's right, but ummm that means he's stolen it three times because the first time was from the cathedral. you've either played the first one more recently than me or have better memory of it

Tin Star
2nd Jan 2005, 08:35
Originally posted by Ian Flaer
yeah, that's right, but ummm that means he's stolen it three times because the first time was from the cathedral. you've either played the first one more recently than me or have better memory of it

I haven't played the first one in about three years or so,its just that certain things about the first one just seems to stick with you,I did play it many,many times back then until Thief the metal age came out.I have got my grandson{age 12} hooked on thief now and he is playing through the first one now,after he has played it he wants to play the second one and then the third one.He calls me when ever he gets stuck in the game in places like the lost city where its not hard to get lost yourself.

Tin Star

Ian Flaer
2nd Jan 2005, 11:47
awesome! my daughter (age 11) has just started playing but she's doing deadly shadows because that's the one i was on when she got hooked. i've recently re-installed the first 2 and she's taffing around with them too. it's very cool to watch the kid and see her jump in all the places I jumped too.

Tin Star
2nd Jan 2005, 17:39
My grandson has a thing for the undead,it took him three days to get through the mission called down in the bonehoard in thief one.He was to scared to move with all the Zombies walking around and when he did it seems that he would run into a bunch of them almost every time he did move.So far the Burricks are the ones he likes best and he says he would like to have one for a pet,I find it hard to wait and see what he does when he meets up with some of the other creatures in the game.

Tin Star

Silent_Hitman47
3rd Jan 2005, 07:32
Lol, once he conquers those give him the Cradle.

Tin Star
3rd Jan 2005, 19:33
Originally posted by Silent_Hitman47
Lol, once he conquers those give him the Cradle.

Speaking for myself I never found the Cradle hard to get through and even feel that Down in the bonehoard from Thief one was better and more exciting.

Tin Star

BrokenArts
3rd Jan 2005, 19:52
Not to be a nit pick here, Thief Dark Project was the very *first* Thief game. Thief gold came later, I have bother versions, still in their original box.

Thief gold is just Thief Dark Project with 3 extra missions, and some of those missions are tweaked, polished, made to look a little better. If you can find Thief Gold, find it, and play it, it is out there, just do a search for it.

Tin Star
4th Jan 2005, 00:51
Originally posted by BrokenArts
Not to be a nit pick here, Thief Dark Project was the very *first* Thief game. Thief gold came later, I have bother versions, still in their original box.

Thief gold is just Thief Dark Project with 3 extra missions, and some of those missions are tweaked, polished, made to look a little better. If you can find Thief Gold, find it, and play it, it is out there, just do a search for it.

If you notice I said if they could get thief gold to get it,that it is the first game with three extra missions add to it and not that it was the first thief game to come out,I to have both versions of the first thief game and the box that they came in.

Tin Star

Rommel_1891
4th Jan 2005, 04:58
*ahem* This is actually what you said Tin Star...


Originally posted by Tin Star
Thief DS is the first game...


:P ;)

I couldn't resist, I just had to yank on your chain! :D

Tin Star
4th Jan 2005, 15:47
Originally posted by Rommel_1891
*ahem* This is actually what you said Tin Star...



:P ;)

I couldn't resist, I just had to yank on your chain! :D

Yes I did when I should have Hit The" P "instead of the "S "key , for Dark Project or typed third instead of first,sorry about that but at any rate Thief Gold is the first game with 3 added missions to it of which I think only made the game more enjoyable and better then the original game was.

Tin Star