PDA

View Full Version : Music

SeminoleCountyDeputy
31st Dec 2004, 07:07
Ok...personally..I have nothing agaisnt rap, but I dont prefer to listen to it. Im not a redneck, and no I dont listen to country..but come on dude..

It looks like the whole entire sound track is rap..why the hell is that. Even GTA Sanandreas has variety..

Why would I wanna listen to a song that sings about shooting cops..when im playing the game as an officer? :confused:

.\\ERC
7th Jan 2005, 22:54
Yeah, i think there should be variety to provide everyones taste into this game...but u still hafta think about it, this is more of a gangster/cop game, and that usually revolves around rap/hip-hop music, AND GTA: SA had variety bcuz it wasn't really a soundtrack it was like a "radio" in the game itself

SeminoleCountyDeputy
7th Jan 2005, 23:01
Originally posted by .\\ERC
Yeah, i think there should be variety to provide everyones taste into this game...but u still hafta think about it, this is more of a gangster/cop game, and that usually revolves around rap/hip-hop music, AND GTA: SA had variety bcuz it wasn't really a soundtrack it was like a "radio" in the game itself

You do have a point..

My point is...if this was a straight up "gangster" game, like a def jam vendetta..ok rap yourselves to death. However it is not. There are people buying this game, PRIMARILY for the chance to be on the cop perspective. Which is why I think there should be variety. Do I hate rap? no, I just dont prefer it. Im sure someone will post on this, or has in another thread about that being a racist remark, but mix races listen to rap, and mix races listen to rock...I am not trying to start a war here with that comment, but there are 5 other people who seem to agree with me on that pole...

MPG
8th Jan 2005, 23:18
yah i dont like rap i will probaly turn off music but i may listien to soem i like rock though they should have variety plus not all gangsters like rap anyway i posted music is music but there should be some other stuff

RaB1D
9th Jan 2005, 02:41
i agree but also dissagree with most of you, eidos is trying to make this game as "street" as possible, so rap is the right choice, im not sure whats on the soundtrack. but alittle rock , etc. probly wouldnt hurt, GTA's soundtrac was too varied, i personaly didnt like it as a whole, and besides the ones who decide on the soundtracs are probly executives that have a one track mind; making money by selling to their targeted audiances.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
9th Jan 2005, 04:07
Originally posted by MPG
yah i dont like rap i will probaly turn off music but i may listien to soem i like rock though they should have variety plus not all gangsters like rap anyway i posted music is music but there should be some other stuff

lol...yea..thing is, I am not even sure they have rock on the soundtrack..

pig
13th Jan 2005, 21:07
There should be SOME other genre in there. Hell, even if the game has some "dukes of hazzard" redneck country music in the southern usa stages I wouldn't mind. Just make it flow with the game, that's all. I.E. why is there goth music in the Tony Hawk games?!

Michael Bolton
14th Jan 2005, 17:01
i like some hip hop and rap but i would like it better if it was like a score rather than a soundtrack. i think it would be much better if it was hip hop instrumentals or something.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
14th Jan 2005, 17:45
Originally posted by Michael Bolton
i like some hip hop and rap but i would like it better if it was like a score rather than a soundtrack. i think it would be much better if it was hip hop instrumentals or something.

yea I understand, and I am not trying to bust on rap or anything..but I just thought..hmm not everyone that plays this game listens to just one genre..

SeanDaytona
14th Jan 2005, 18:43
I don't have anything against rap myself but I personally feel that since this particular game is "Gangsta" based the music is rather appropriate because in all honesty, when's the last time you saw or heard of a "thug" blaring anything but rap from their vehicle? Keep in mind I'm not making real life references here, I'm talking about Hollywoods image and the image that most rappers portray in their albums.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
14th Jan 2005, 19:29
Originally posted by SeanDaytona
I don't have anything against rap myself but I personally feel that since this particular game is "Gangsta" based the music is rather appropriate because in all honesty, when's the last time you saw or heard of a "thug" blaring anything but rap from their vehicle? Keep in mind I'm not making real life references here, I'm talking about Hollywoods image and the image that most rappers portray in their albums.

Your right, it is a hollywood stereotype..

so make a sound track for police..make one for gangsters..who knows..hollywood also stereotypes most cops as country red necks..and they arent...well..not in Florida, LA, or NY..maybe in georgia..haha

SeanDaytona
14th Jan 2005, 20:24
Yeah, it's unfortunate but just about everything these days are divided by some form of stereotype. Rap is what sells these days so I guess Eidos just went with the flow. I live in Florida as well but I was previously from up north and it's true, When some people envision Florida they see lines of trailers, toothless tenants and police officers that resmeble and act like Rosco P Coltrane. :)

SeminoleCountyDeputy
15th Jan 2005, 01:45
Originally posted by SeanDaytona
Yeah, it's unfortunate but just about everything these days are divided by some form of stereotype. Rap is what sells these days so I guess Eidos just went with the flow. I live in Florida as well but I was previously from up north and it's true, When some people envision Florida they see lines of trailers, toothless tenants and police officers that resmeble and act like Rosco P Coltrane. :)

yea ive never quite understood that ...

its "fun in the sun" but at the same time..rednecks? when was the last time you saw a redneck sun bathing?

MERCILESS
17th Jan 2005, 07:44
Hmm.. I love Hip-hop which includes Rap music but would appreciate having different genres to supplement the game. Hopefully if it is done.... do it right, certain music won't work at all with this type of game.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
17th Jan 2005, 09:42
Originally posted by MERCILESS
Hmm.. I love Hip-hop which includes Rap music but would appreciate having different genres to supplement the game. Hopefully if it is done.... do it right, certain music won't work at all with this type of game.

yes like country..or Classical..then again, I enjoy listening to some good classical music as I go on a rampage blowing some shiot up...

but rock and rap..its an equal medium..EQUALITY PEOPLE!

14 ppl agree!!..lol

SwamiG8R
17th Jan 2005, 18:31
I usually turn off the music anyway

SeminoleCountyDeputy
19th Jan 2005, 04:29
True..

MPG
1st Feb 2005, 02:10
seminole when i said i will probaly listien to some rock i meant using my stereo not with the game and if you have an x box you can put yor own soundtrack for the game too bad i have ps2

MPG
1st Feb 2005, 02:12
yea ive never quite understood that ...

its "fun in the sun" but at the same time..rednecks? when was the last time you saw a redneck sun bathing? lol i dont think i ve seen it or heard about it except you might hear about that on blue collar comedy tour "get-r-done"

SeminoleCountyDeputy
1st Feb 2005, 19:20
lol i dont think i ve seen it or heard about it except you might hear about that on blue collar comedy tour "get-r-done"

lol no, not even blue collar comedy would have a redneck sunbathing..farmers tan ..maybe

ex-Type-87A[WA]
3rd Sep 2005, 21:27
Honestly y not just have it able to play downloaded tracks like GTA games and keep EVERYONE happy... :thumbsup:

YaYo
3rd Sep 2005, 22:56
ahahah dude this is NOT San Andreas!!!!!!!!... and u don't see any rockers in gangs etc. and this is a Ghetto game they ain't no rocker's in tha ghetto so they wou't be no rock music.. Ya Heard!!!!

ex-Type-87A[WA]
3rd Sep 2005, 23:55
i know but im still sayin games sell better if everyone likes the music i know ppl that will not touch rap. so they probley wont buy the game if u cant add ure own tracks u know wut im sayin

YaYo
4th Sep 2005, 00:37
yeah i know what your saying..but if they add any rock music is game it'll be gay..by gay i mean like complety destory the game for what it is....

viZZiOn
4th Sep 2005, 00:53
ahahah dude this is NOT San Andreas!!!!!!!!... and u don't see any rockers in gangs etc. and this is a Ghetto game they ain't no rocker's in tha ghetto so they wou't be no rock music.. Ya Heard!!!!

i was thuggin it even when i was into rock back in the day...

rap is definatly the best choice here, the games definatly got a very urban feal to it....and i like it that way :D

mr.jokedyjokemaker1
4th Sep 2005, 01:46
yeah i know what your saying..but if they add any rock music is game it'll be gay..by gay i mean like complety destory the game for what it is....
yayo i toally agree wit u

ex-Type-87A[WA]
4th Sep 2005, 04:01
i couldnt disagree more u cant spell crap without rap after all but hey u know southerners :p dont like rap :rolleyes:

Killa_Marr
4th Sep 2005, 04:04
i wont care cause ill be listening to my CD player when i play...

juggalo3000
6th Sep 2005, 18:22
the only thing good about the soundtrack was blaze ya dead homie.the rest of the music sucks!!!!!

marker227
7th Sep 2005, 02:56
You do have a point..

My point is...if this was a straight up "gangster" game, like a def jam vendetta..ok rap yourselves to death. However it is not. There are people buying this game, PRIMARILY for the chance to be on the cop perspective. Which is why I think there should be variety. Do I hate rap? no, I just dont prefer it. Im sure someone will post on this, or has in another thread about that being a racist remark, but mix races listen to rap, and mix races listen to rock...I am not trying to start a war here with that comment, but there are 5 other people who seem to agree with me on that pole...

I agree. I also think that it influences you to hear rap everytime you play the game. "Kill the cops f the pigs, do the hoes" <-- (made that up lol)

It'll get stuck in your head :( and that will have an impact on the kids under a mature age. And don't say it won't because your aware of what's being said. I personally aren't aware of all that is being said in rap so I try not to listen to hardcore stuff because you'll hear the words but might not reconize it and it'll get stuck in your memory. ( Someday you'll be like: "why do I feel like stealing or doing bad stuff tonigh") [harsh example but yeah...]

juggalo3000
7th Sep 2005, 18:39
well they should be taught wrong from right hmmmm......nevermind

LILhOMie14
8th Sep 2005, 00:20
its a ghetto shoota down to tha street wat kinds ov ppl u think mostly erry1 gonna play as gangsta u no evn som cops like rap :D :D all my homies wanna buy it cuz ov tha gangsta action plus make yo own caracter :D

ice13
8th Sep 2005, 05:48
rap is the better choice because if it had rock or country music it wouldn't seem right.

marker227
8th Sep 2005, 22:56
Yeah but then the game sounds all dirty and gangster like. This is supposed to be the first cops and robbers game. It should have some options rather than dirty lyrics.

So it'd be cool if other music was in it. It's not all about rap.

LILhOMie14
8th Sep 2005, 23:00
i get it like high intensity music high strung u no fast paced music to get u in the mood to shoot :D :D

mr.jokedyjokemaker1
9th Sep 2005, 04:20
Rap does get you in the mood to shoot. If they add rock thatll be like addin country, latin disco and some other crappy music.

LILhOMie14
9th Sep 2005, 21:57
i wz jus sayn that it cud have sum fast paced music 4 ppl that don like rap {I like rap im jus sayn 4 rokrz an stff} :D

marker227
9th Sep 2005, 22:57
Rap does get you in the mood to shoot. If they add rock thatll be like addin country, latin disco and some other crappy music.

That's bad....

Think of if a 13 year old played it. They'd get that stuck in their head and might be prone to violence later in life. (Not saying all are like this).

But killing real people in real life is not cool and some think it is...

ice13
10th Sep 2005, 02:27
i don't think rap will make someone violent.i listen to rap songs all the time and sometimes they be in my head but it doesn't make me be violent in anyway.

marker227
10th Sep 2005, 04:47
i don't think rap will make someone violent.i listen to rap songs all the time and sometimes they be in my head but it doesn't make me be violent in anyway.

You might not know it yourself that your violent. Others won't think it's doing anything to them as well because they are young. It's like GTA. I don't like seeing girls walking around not wearing anything basically because I don't see that in the real life.... It sends messages to your brain.

>>>> (something I found online)

Gangsta rap is a form of entertainment like any other. Some of its purveyors may use words or imagery that portrays certain criminal acts, but that is because they reflect the culture from which it spawned. Critics miss the subtleties of rap music, in which the rapper often takes on a particular persona in a song and so does not necessarily endorse the views or actions it portrays; rap fans are well aware of these ambiguities. Violence and criminality are also endemic in other forms of entertainment, for example opera and classic films often contain large-scale killing and violence. Trying to link gangsta rap to crime is singling it out amongst entertainment forms for political reasons. Would heavy metal, with its comparable content, be picked on instead if it were the music of a black urban underclass?

Gangsta rap is especially pernicious because it targets the youth market at a crucial, receptive adolescent age. Gangsta rappers clearly seek to appeal to a receptive youthful audience, which is why so many of their images use young people and songs refer to events which would strike an especial chord with adolescents and young adults. This is irresponsible, as it represents an attempt by gangsta rappers to use their power to influence young people with a subversive, anti-societal message.

Gangsta rap does not employ negative stereotypes more than is reasonable. Mostly it is a form of social realism which simply tells hard truths that many policymakers would rather pretend did not exist, not least because in part they reflect those policymakers’ own failures. Even where such affirmation is concentrated in such a way as to make it an unrealistic representation of everyday life, this is no worse than the same phenomenon in other forms of popular culture e.g. soap operas.

(END)

<><><> Another one:

Potential Moderators of Behavioral Effects

Research suggests that not all youths are affected in the same way by viewing media violence. Factors that appear to influence the effects of media violence on aggressive or violent behavior include characteristics of the viewer (such as age, intelligence, aggressiveness, and whether the child perceives the media as realistic and identifies with aggressive characters) and his or her social environment (for example, parental influences), as well as aspects of media content (including characteristics of perpetrators, degree of realism and justification for violence, and depiction of consequences of violence).

Evidence that these factors moderate the influence of media violence is limited, and it is more relevant to aggression than to violence. For example, studies of responses to violent television and films and violent video games have found that people who were initially more aggressive than other subjects were more affected in behavior, thoughts, and emotions (Anderson & Dill, 2000; Bushman, 1995; Bushman & Geen, 1990; Friedrich & Stein, 1973; Josephson, 1987). Research in this area clearly suggests that the impact of violent television, film, and video games on aggression is moderated by viewers’ aggressive characteristics.

Evidence that other individual, environmental, and content factors moderate the effects of exposure to media violence is less clear. Some studies suggest that these factors may buffer or enhance effects, but few have tested for such influences. Although limited in scope and depth, such studies provide clues to potential avenues for prevention efforts. For example, preliminary data point to the potentially vital role of parents in supervising their children’s exposure to violent media and in helping them interpret it (Nathanson, 1999).

ice13
10th Sep 2005, 05:39
You might not know it yourself that your violent. Others won't think it's doing anything to them as well because they are young. It's like GTA. I don't like seeing girls walking around not wearing anything basically because I don't see that in the real life.... It sends messages to your brain.

>>>> (something I found online)

Gangsta rap is a form of entertainment like any other. Some of its purveyors may use words or imagery that portrays certain criminal acts, but that is because they reflect the culture from which it spawned. Critics miss the subtleties of rap music, in which the rapper often takes on a particular persona in a song and so does not necessarily endorse the views or actions it portrays; rap fans are well aware of these ambiguities. Violence and criminality are also endemic in other forms of entertainment, for example opera and classic films often contain large-scale killing and violence. Trying to link gangsta rap to crime is singling it out amongst entertainment forms for political reasons. Would heavy metal, with its comparable content, be picked on instead if it were the music of a black urban underclass?

Gangsta rap is especially pernicious because it targets the youth market at a crucial, receptive adolescent age. Gangsta rappers clearly seek to appeal to a receptive youthful audience, which is why so many of their images use young people and songs refer to events which would strike an especial chord with adolescents and young adults. This is irresponsible, as it represents an attempt by gangsta rappers to use their power to influence young people with a subversive, anti-societal message.

Gangsta rap does not employ negative stereotypes more than is reasonable. Mostly it is a form of social realism which simply tells hard truths that many policymakers would rather pretend did not exist, not least because in part they reflect those policymakers’ own failures. Even where such affirmation is concentrated in such a way as to make it an unrealistic representation of everyday life, this is no worse than the same phenomenon in other forms of popular culture e.g. soap operas.

(END)

<><><> Another one:

Potential Moderators of Behavioral Effects

Research suggests that not all youths are affected in the same way by viewing media violence. Factors that appear to influence the effects of media violence on aggressive or violent behavior include characteristics of the viewer (such as age, intelligence, aggressiveness, and whether the child perceives the media as realistic and identifies with aggressive characters) and his or her social environment (for example, parental influences), as well as aspects of media content (including characteristics of perpetrators, degree of realism and justification for violence, and depiction of consequences of violence).

Evidence that these factors moderate the influence of media violence is limited, and it is more relevant to aggression than to violence. For example, studies of responses to violent television and films and violent video games have found that people who were initially more aggressive than other subjects were more affected in behavior, thoughts, and emotions (Anderson & Dill, 2000; Bushman, 1995; Bushman & Geen, 1990; Friedrich & Stein, 1973; Josephson, 1987). Research in this area clearly suggests that the impact of violent television, film, and video games on aggression is moderated by viewers’ aggressive characteristics.

Evidence that other individual, environmental, and content factors moderate the effects of exposure to media violence is less clear. Some studies suggest that these factors may buffer or enhance effects, but few have tested for such influences. Although limited in scope and depth, such studies provide clues to potential avenues for prevention efforts. For example, preliminary data point to the potentially vital role of parents in supervising their children’s exposure to violent media and in helping them interpret it (Nathanson, 1999).

this is a lot of stuff to read.i can assure u rap isn't gonna affect me at all.

marker227
10th Sep 2005, 20:33
this is a lot of stuff to read.i can assure u rap isn't gonna affect me at all.

Well read some of it. If you really wanted to know it's all there ;)

And if nothing affects you than good, your lucky hehe.

ice13
10th Sep 2005, 20:54
Well read some of it. If you really wanted to know it's all there ;)

And if nothing affects you than good, your lucky hehe.

i did read some of it though.i kind of think that hard metal might make a person violent instead of rap. it seems like hard metal is for a psycho. i don't have a problem with rock though. i like some rock music but rap is better to me. the game could have r&b in it.

J-Hood
10th Sep 2005, 23:53
Dont think love songs will set me in the mood for killn.

ice13
10th Sep 2005, 23:59

its just a consideration.but i don't really won't r&b either in the game.

marker227
11th Sep 2005, 01:18

yeah I know what you mean.

I think like ludacris would be good and some other artists.

Eidos just needs a variety so people can have better options. So you don't have to listen to rock or r&b if you don't want it.

ice13
11th Sep 2005, 04:59
yeah I know what you mean.

I think like ludacris would be good and some other artists.

Eidos just needs a variety so people can have better options. So you don't have to listen to rock or r&b if you don't want it.

good idea because ludacris raps tight.other artists that would be good are twista,david banner, t.i.,triville and lil scrappy, and lil jon.lil jon would be good because his songs are crunk and it will definitely set u in the mood for killing j-hood.

marker227
11th Sep 2005, 06:38
good idea because ludacris raps tight.other artists that would be good are twista,david banner, t.i.,triville and lil scrappy, and lil jon.lil jon would be good because his songs are crunk and it will definitely set u in the mood for killing j-hood.

yeah.

Does anyone here enojoy violance? Come on seriously, like real violance. Do you think wars are cool because of guns and stuff?

(just wondering)

TracK*
11th Sep 2005, 08:16
Rap will always be my favorite type of music; however you made a good point with GTA. It does have a variety. I hope they do add more songs to what they have showed us so far.

J-Hood
11th Sep 2005, 13:24
yeah.

Does anyone here enojoy violance? Come on seriously, like real violance. Do you think wars are cool because of guns and stuff?

(just wondering)

Yes I do to a certain extint. Doesnt have to because of guns I just find it entertaining. If you saw the gr8est st. fight ever would you walk away from it? or watch? I would'nt use the term "cool" though.

TracK*
11th Sep 2005, 14:47
Yes I do to a certain extint. Doesnt have to because of guns I just find it entertaining. If you saw the gr8est st. fight ever would you walk away from it? or watch? I would'nt use the term "cool" though.
LOL i don't play games for the guns either. Motivations to me for games like this are just for aggression, nothing more. I'm not bout to hit the street in Detroit and act a fool when I can do it in this new game 25toLife :D

marker227
11th Sep 2005, 19:31

Exactly. I'm just stating that some kids that are younger would be like "oo thats awesome" and stuff. They also would be more attracted to games or shows with guns in them. You know how little kids are when they see action. They want to be like them and have the cool guns and shoot all them bad guys :D

Ghozt101
12th Sep 2005, 01:33
Exactly. I'm just stating that some kids that are younger would be like "oo thats awesome" and stuff. They also would be more attracted to games or shows with guns in them. You know how little kids are when they see action. They want to be like them and have the cool guns and shoot all them bad guys :D
mark u no me im 14 an i don get impressins like dat man i arredy no wat guns do i don need sum game shown me how to shoot like i don no how arredy

#510# haahah

marker227
12th Sep 2005, 02:30
yeah yeah I know. I'm just stating a point for more music.