PDA

View Full Version : round based combat????

.DT.
30th Dec 2004, 13:52
I really hope that this game has round based combat online, and not just another respawn joke! Round based combat inspires team play and communication,respawn non of the above. Respawn is just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, knowing that when you get killed you'll come right back to life, to look a fool once more..Round based combat on the other hand, when you die, YOUR DEAD! It's more realistic that way. I keep seeing and reading about all these comparisons to socom, really all I want to see took from socom is the round based combat, the rest will fall into place..

EXAMPLE: In respawn, no one communicates..Ok maybe one or two people and that sucks ...As a matter of fact, RESPAWN SUCKS!!!

Now round based combat on the other hand, is in my opinion the reason socom is so popular in the first place.

Also round based combat show's, 1) SKILL 2)TEAMWORK 3)OWNAGE!!! Respawn show's, 1) the ability to start right be hind your enemy 2) spawn camping..NOTHING MORE!

"WOW YOU GOT 43 KILLS YOUR GOOD!"
No your a joke! Just like respawn.

Ok I'm just rambling now, so I'll end it here, if you really want to compete with socom or make a game that is just as good, you must have round based combat...Best of 11 or 13 or something. Please take this post serious!!!

Oh and P.S. if you already have round based combat in the online game, disregaurd all that was said...Have a bless day:D

Bubble_Machine
30th Dec 2004, 17:08
I couldn't agree with you more. I absolutely despise respawn games. Its fine to have an option of making a room respawn so people can practice when they first get it, but round based play is definitely the way to go. If I see a game is respawn I don't even give it a chance, such as SW:BF.

[F5] Hitman
30th Dec 2004, 17:13
Originally posted by Bubble_Machine
I couldn't agree with you more. I absolutely despise respawn games. Its fine to have an option of making a room respawn so people can practice when they first get it, but round based play is definitely the way to go. If I see a game is respawn I don't even give it a chance, such as SW:BF.
Don't be closed-minded. Battlefront is a great game.

Round-based combat is good -- I like it a lot -- but this game is made for shooting, not waiting.
Sure, round-based makes you play smarter, but it'd be a good idea to have a respawn OPTION as well.

.DT.
30th Dec 2004, 21:53
i agree with you hitman when it come to battlefront..i didn't mind the rerspawn so much in that game..the severs killed battlefront for me..to keep to the topic though, i am praying that this game has some sort of round based combat, avalible for all maps...i just feel that is the way to go..

.DT.
30th Dec 2004, 21:58
i mean to keep it all real, once i see a game is respawn, i might play the game for about two weeks at the most..then it goes back to the store, or i just go right back to playing socom...i know i'm not the only one, respawn gets boring...

oh and sorry for not using the proper typing methods, like caps and stuff, im in a hurry:cool: