PDA

View Full Version : You've got to be kidding me?

Beric
27th Dec 2004, 23:26
" We are trying to provide the highest quality Community experience for all of our members and following these guidelines is the best way to maintain a quality environment for all age groups"

Are you ****ing kidding me Eidos? it looks to me like your trying to corrupt the youth of America.. if you want to make trash like this "25 to life" why don't you do it in another country. It's morally irresponsible of you to produce and develop this game thinking that under-age person's won't be playing it.

Who the hell runs your company? who the hell came up with this idea? you guys basically thieved the Grand Theft Auto theme and made it bloodier and more explicit. Waay to go! now that's developer genius right there. Is making a quick buck worth the corruption your going to cause with this? In one screen shot you have a man standing over a bloody police officer with a bat. Now WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK LITTLE KIDS THINK WHEN THEY SEE THAT ****? "Ooooo it's fun and cool to beat up cops with a baseball bat" Do you ****ers that work at Eidos know any police officers? are any of your relatives cops? how would you like it if one of your customers beat a brother, or cousin bloody with a baseball bat because you made it acceptable in one of your products. Don't tell me it can't happen, little kids are ****ing crazy these days beacuse of their ****ed up parents. Anyway, I hope you reap the benefits of your labor you *******s.

Even the music on your homepage is explicit. Not just explicit, EXTREMELY explicit.

I will never buy another Eidos product again (not sure I ever have honestly), but i'll be on the lookout from now on. Your establisment is an embarrasment to buisnesses everywhere.

-Embarrased for you,
Washington

sick
27th Dec 2004, 23:34
Originally posted by Beric
you guys basically thieved the Grand Theft Auto theme

Isn't that an every day happening in the game industry?

And watch your mouth, we have rules here (you agreed to them when you registered earlier today, I bet you didn't even read them):

No Cursing or Swearwords. We encourage you to use our Communities as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. This includes the creative use of different characters to circumvent our censor.

No "Slam" postings. We have zero tolerance for "slam" postings to our boards. By slam postings, we mean posts that make statements such as, "This product is horrible. No one should buy it." Those postings will be removed from our site, as will any posting that refers to your fellow board users, our moderators, our developers, Eidos Interactive or even our competitors in a derogatory manner.

If you don't like these rules, please don't post. If you break these rules, we reserve the right to revoke your posting privileges. Remember, posting here is a privilege and not a right.

Thank you. :)

Beric
27th Dec 2004, 23:37
The point was,
There was absolutely no creativity envolved in this game, except to make things bloodier and more explicit. I'm not saying they are using business tactics (like copycatting) more than other companies.

I'm saying they are a bunch of losers for doing it and making a morally unhallowed game in the process.

Jorvik
28th Dec 2004, 03:50
Beric you gotta wake up. Most games are this violent or more violent. Kids will be playing them but is it worse than a game like grand theft auto. No Eidos isn't trying to corrupt the youth of america. Also you said that this game has no creativity. Last time I checked i've never seen a shooter that was cops vs. criminals. I've been waiting for a game like this. You also said that the website has extremely explicit music. It's not like kids don't hear that every single day of their lives.

Beric
28th Dec 2004, 14:49
Jorvik,
Because kids hear that every single day of their lives, does that make it o.k. for people and institutions to promote it and exude it?

I say they should become part of the solutiuon and put a different song/s on the front page, it doesn't have to say ****** 10 times a song, that is ****ing degrading for hard-working black people isn't it? ??? There are plenty of Rap songs out there that are clean or somewhat clean. The ones they put on public display are filthy and corrupt. ?

Because they are more interested in making the proverbial "quick buck" than they are interested in the damage their product is doing. For that I condemn them and hope they meet a day of reckoning.

Jumpin_Jebus
28th Dec 2004, 23:45
In my humble opinion, I think this game looks pretty darn awesome. I understand your point that games do not need to be bloody and violent to be great. However, you have to realise that the highest selling games in history are usually violent and/or bloody in some way.

Lest we all forget, Eidos is an actual company trying to make a profit. Just as every single other video game publisher on the planet.

I would also like to say I strongly disagree with your belief that we are "out to corrupt America's youth". The video game industry has grown into a business that has something for everyone. Each person from the smallest child to the 18-30 year old range, to the senior citizens. Each game released in the U.S. has to be approved and rated by the ESRB. Based solely on game content, the ESRB will give the game a rating that is nationally recognized. Much like the MPAA rating system for movies.

25 to Life is going to be an M (Mature) rated game. It is illegal to sell "M" rated games to anyone under 17 years of age.

If little Jimmy's mom buys him 25 to Life for his 12th birthday, there is nothing Eidos (or any other publisher) can do to control it. It all comes down to the (ir)responsiblity on behalf of the parents. :rolleyes:

If you don't like the concept or the story that 25 to Life presents, then don't buy the game! It's as simple as that.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents...

[F5] Hitman
29th Dec 2004, 19:17
I'm saying they are a bunch of losers for doing it and making a morally unhallowed game in the process.
You've got nothing better to do?

Be gone. Go give today's money to your pimp, Sen. Joe Lieberman (http://money.cnn.com/2003/04/18/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/).

SyR1S
31st Dec 2004, 22:17
chill dude its just a game.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
1st Jan 2005, 00:04
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
25 to Life is going to be an M (Mature) rated game. It is illegal to sell "M" rated games to anyone under 17 years of age.

If little Jimmy's mom buys him 25 to Life for his 12th birthday, there is nothing Eidos (or any other publisher) can do to control it. It all comes down to the (ir)responsiblity on behalf of the parents. :rolleyes:

If you don't like the concept or the story that 25 to Life presents, then don't buy the game! It's as simple as that.

Being an officer...I also agree with Jebus...

If this games soul purpose was to kill police officers, then yes, maybe you could raise some stink about it. Good thing is, you are given the option to your put yourself in the shoes of an officer. Who tries to prevent such corrupt acts as Beric has stated...for example selling crack on the streets..the game wasnt designed to kill cops and sell crack. In my mind..this game is "cops and robbers" of our generation. Personally, I always enjoyed that aspect of it, and thats why I look forward to this game. But what your saying is foolish and ignorant, just because someone wants to be a gangster in this game, doesnt make them "corrupt" just because someone wants to be a terrorist on socom, doesnt mean they are going to join al queda. Come on dude...lighten up...

and props to your comment Jebus...its the parents responsibilty to tell their kids "No we dont think you are mature enough to play this game"...my friend works at best buy and everytime a Mature rated game comes through..it prompts them to ask for ID..so no...lil 13 year old kids wont be running around buying these games, unless the parents believe its necessary..and if thats so..well..good luck raising your kids...lol

Jumpin_Jebus
3rd Jan 2005, 17:15
I totally agree to your thoughts SeminoleCountyDeputy. You wouldn't believe how many calls I get from very young kids asking about Hitman Contracts or ShellShock Nam '67. Or better yet, when angry parents call me up because they don't approve of the content in one of our games. Of course, they bought it for someone who does not meet the ESRB requirement to purchase it. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I find those kind of support calls quite interesting and fun. I basically have to dumb down to the about the 10 year old level to explain to these parents (and kids) the facts of life when it comes to the ESRB. :D

I'm also glad to see your friend follows the rules. Most large department stores are very strict on checking ID. It's the smaller "Mom and Pop" game stores that are the worst at checking ID. :mad:

Happy New Year!!!

SeminoleCountyDeputy
3rd Jan 2005, 19:46
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus

I'm also glad to see your friend follows the rules. Most large department stores are very strict on checking ID. It's the smaller "Mom and Pop" game stores that are the worst at checking ID. :mad:

Happy New Year!!!

You are correct, you would be amazed at how many parents complain to us that the reason their child beat the hell out of some kid was because of the video games he plays. Well who buys those games for them at christmas? not your kid...

unless of course they found a "mom and pop" store..haha

happy ny to you too bro..

RaB1D
9th Jan 2005, 02:32
to say it as simply as possible:
1- its the parents job to control the content in which their children watch and play, ESRB rates games, this will be rated M, children should not be playing it (not to say some companies don't target the younger generation in ads, etc.) but its the same as a rated R movies, where serial killers and rapists are becoming more and more common subject matter, the game is made for mature players, period.

2- what the he!! do you guys want more government control over our rights to freedom of speech, and freedom in general, if this type of game starts getting banned because everyones B!tch!ng and writing letters to their congressman, it will be a domino effect towards banning other rights that we should have. some of you wont be happy untill mr. rodgers is on every channel on tv, and videogames and the internet are banned from existance.

SeminoleCountyDeputy
9th Jan 2005, 04:10
Originally posted by RaB1D
to say it as simply as possible:
2- what the he!! do you guys want more government control over our rights to freedom of speech, and freedom in general, if this type of game starts getting banned because everyones B!tch!ng and writing letters to their congressman, it will be a domino effect towards banning other rights that we should have. some of you wont be happy untill mr. rodgers is on every channel on tv, and videogames and the internet are banned from existance.

We are saying exactly the opposite...

We dont want more governmental intervention of games...what we want is less parents b!thching about how games destroy childrens minds and corrupt our youth. When THEY are the ones buying the games...

RaB1D
10th Jan 2005, 05:28
exactly...

-(and when i said "you guys" i was refering to all those little
B!tch!ng "anti-gamerz".)

marker227
11th Jan 2005, 00:16
Isn't that an every day happening in the game industry?

yes but its when it goes to far like that John Kennedy reloaded game..

I'm not saying this about Edios but thats my 2 cents.

SwamiG8R
11th Jan 2005, 15:30
The point was,
There was absolutely no creativity envolved in this game, except to make things bloodier and more explicit. I'm not saying they are using business tactics (like copycatting) more than other companies.

Then dont buy it

:rolleyes:

SeminoleCountyDeputy
11th Jan 2005, 18:03
Originally posted by SwamiG8R
Then dont buy it you tool....

:rolleyes:

Dude..this forum has been prick-free..if someone makes a comment you dont like...just let it go..

SwamiG8R
11th Jan 2005, 21:08
Originally posted by SeminoleCountyDeputy
Dude..this forum has been prick-free..if someone makes a comment you dont like...just let it go..

Which makes your comment..................?

marker227
11th Jan 2005, 21:10
Guys this is the suggestion thread if your not here about it then leave. dont banter back and forth just post what you want and thats it..

SeminoleCountyDeputy
12th Jan 2005, 01:04
Originally posted by SwamiG8R
Which makes your comment..................?

oooooh..using your brain..nice..well we are both guilty then..

but I win cause I have a cherry popsicle..STEP BACK!

Clumsyorchid
12th Jan 2005, 01:10
And....... this thread officially dies. Pretty far off topic and petty arguements make for closed thread.