PDA

View Full Version : Snow Blind or Pariah?…which looks cooler?

G.A.Pster
27th Dec 2004, 05:20
Which upcoming FPS do you think looks more interesting Snow Blind or Pariah ?……I think they’re both very promising titles. but I have to say I think Pariah looks a little bit cooler and it seems brand new and fresh, Snow Blind is also very cool but it seems like it’s a rehashed Deus Ex IMO….

BrainPrawn
27th Dec 2004, 19:04
I dunno. My first impression from the Pariah website is its just another vanilla shooter.

Orracle107
28th Dec 2004, 17:41
I like Snowblind a lot better.

pr0phets0f0ld
3rd Jan 2005, 16:55
Originally posted by G.A.Pster
Which upcoming FPS do you think looks more interesting Snow Blind or Pariah ?……I think they’re both very promising titles. but I have to say I think Pariah looks a little bit cooler and it seems brand new and fresh, Snow Blind is also very cool but it seems like it’s a rehashed Deus Ex IMO….

You asked 2 different questions. Cooler? as which looks better...I would have to say Pariah. Interesting? as gameplay and weapons and stuff...I would say Snowblind.

It seems to me that the graphics on Pariah look a whole lot cleaner and realistic but then as far as intense gameplay which to me in the long run turns out to be a better game...it seems like Snowblind is more intense. Looks like a military game set in the future (my favorite setting).

Mike_B
3rd Jan 2005, 20:18
From what I've seen from tv previews I'd say Snowblind. It looks to me like a Splinter Cell like fps (and I mean that in a good way).

Pariah will probably have a more powerful engine seeing as they will probably be using the most up to date version of the Unreal Engine. Though seeing as they worked on different UT games I'd like to see a bit more to see or they are up to creating a totaly different game.

IEatBabies90
7th Jan 2005, 00:43
Pariah looks cooler, even better than Halo 2, but I have a PS2, and Project:Snowblind looks very promising with the addition of vehicles and what not

Snakekid
18th Jan 2005, 06:03
I was thinking about this too.. First I thought Pariah because the maker of Unreal was making the game.. But then I saw the previews for this game, and it looks unbeleivable, maybe not in terms of graphics, but the innovative ideas and how there are multiple ways to battle.

My vote is on Project: Snowblind, it looks like its going to be an awesome game!

shir0
25th Jan 2005, 10:44
For me it's not an engine that makes the game. DOOM3 has a great engine, as does Half Life 2, however the one FPS that I enjoyed the most this past 12 months was The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay. The game has a great story and the play mechanics were phenominal. In terms of multiplayer, the most fun with an FPS was back when Planetside was fresh and in it's prime.

At this point, I think it's a little too early to pick a favorite, especially judging by eye candy alone.

BrainPrawn
25th Jan 2005, 12:59
I almost bought that Rid**** game. It sure did look cool.

Clumsyorchid
25th Jan 2005, 16:38
Ahh, the language filter is fun :). Ridd.ick was a great game, probably one of my top picks of last year for xbox. On the short side, but that's not a knock, the game was long enough to keep the gameplay interesting and fresh. And the graphics were top notch for an xbox game. Who knew a licensed title would surpass my expectations so much. The movie on the other hand...

As for other FPS picks, HL2 is my pick for PC hands down. Nothing comes close in terms of scope for the story. The gameplay is constantly changing, the pacing is well done, graphics amazing, and the best use of in game physics I've ever seen. Multiplayer is a mixed bag, Counterstrike is a good multiplayer component, but might turn off people not interested in a tactical FPS. The MP they patched in is fun for a bit, but with a small official maplist the traditional deathmatch setting can get sort of boring. Still, with the amount of upcoming mods, it's likely to have something for everyone.

As for Pariah, haven't really been watching the title much. I didn't know it was coming to PS2 as well. I'll have to keep an eye out for upcoming updates.

BrainPrawn
30th Jan 2005, 14:46
I looked at Pariah a bit more and I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the game.

Now, SB has several things that look new or at least have been tweaked enough to be considered new.

The Dude 442
2nd Feb 2005, 17:58
I almost bought that Rid**** game. It sure did look cool.
Great auto-censorship there :D

Snowblind does look good.

s{orpion
4th Feb 2005, 12:13
I have surfed/searched/scanned every review of the game....
drooled over all the screen shots....
and watched in awe all the trailers...

this game has the 'potential' to be a dominating 'best of all time'...
with legendary fame above and beyond 'Halo'...

only one tiny little 'detail' holds back this epic moment...

this 'detail' is the one falling mentioned in every review...

and this 'detail' will make the difference between being a forgettable piece
of eye candy (like Doom 3)...
or a Top Gun Hall of Fame player like Unreal, Max Payne, Halo, Far Cry, and Half Life....

it is with that thought I must pitch a tiny 'plea'...

If you are gamers yourselves...

If you carry any pride in workmanship....

if you do only one thing with this game prior to launch...

we ask only this:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~ P L E A S E beef up the A.I. !!! ~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

thank you,
a concerned citizen of the gaming community.

p.s...
the movie trailers are incriminating on this point...
every one depicting the 'gamer' running circles around the enemy A.I...
literally running into or passing the enemy without him seeming to notice...
for a game with sooo much potential...
sooo much blood and sweat poured into the outcome...
'no AI' is a deadly and sad final answer.

Bloody_Eagle
8th Feb 2005, 00:20
Definitly SNOWBLIND!

it looks SO awesome! :D

BrainPrawn
8th Feb 2005, 14:07
Well some of the running around the slow AI is due to the "Reflex Boost", and the "Cloak" augmentation allows them to pass guards and etc.

From all the trailers I have watched, I have not seen any real player vs AI action where augmentations were not used. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

re: The Dude 442 and "auto-censorship". Thats not all they censor. I had to change my name just to get on these forums.

Bloody_Eagle
12th Feb 2005, 04:39
Yup. Snowblind... Snowblind... Online... AWESOME!

Ive just read several previews for Snowblind on my IGNINSIDER account, and I have to say, It looks... Awesome.

Quote from IGN.COM --

"We're definitely looking forward to exacting some vengeance, but we're obviously going to need help. This is why we're going to use Snowblind's clans, clan rankings (officers and soldiers), clan notices, in-game stat tracking, and cross-game friends lists (across Eidos games, anyway). Those functions should help us find some hard-hitting mercenaries to aid in our vengeful quest to end the online lives of all Crystal D QA testers."

Ohhhhhh yeah!!

Groove
12th Feb 2005, 23:29
Pariah includes the Make & Play Map editor which is going to add so much life in the game on PC(modding community) and consoles(share & play your custom maps online). This makes Pariah stand out for me.

I have an interest in Project Snowblind's story.gameplay mechanics and the mp sounds awesome. Both have strengths. There are still some unknowns for me as to just what features P: S will support for the Xbox and Xbox Live, so I'm still a bit cautious untill I know more. At the very least I'll rent it.

Pariah also includes bots for mp which is another plus. Honestly my excitement for Pariah is even more than I had for Halo 2. It has a lot to offer.

Like I said regarding P: S, my interest is certainly peaked.

teh roxxors
21st Feb 2005, 14:10
If you're going to buy without the benefit of having played demos or read a ton of reviews, then buy Pariah. Less risk of getting a dud. The print media has been gushing over it for a while, whereas Snowblind is slipping in under the radar. I don't put any faith in a game being released before a playable demo or plenty of print media attention.

teh roxxors
21st Feb 2005, 14:15
my interest is certainly peaked.

That's piqued.

Nothing personal -- just a love for my language.

Bloody_Eagle
2nd Mar 2005, 21:36
i didnt think you had any love for language in general.

teh roxxorz.

bull****.

total ****ing bull****.

edit *Playing with cencor*