PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at the Clock Tower! Please Help

stonesdude
24th Dec 2004, 00:53
Please, anyone who can help! I am at the point where I need to break into the clock tower via the pipe. I see the glowing symbol where to enter but how do I get up there. I have the gloves but as anyone knows, I can only climb straight up and not around any ledges. I tried going up along the pipe the crosses between the two buildings but I'm having know luck. I climb the wall beyond the pipe and try to drop down on the pipes to walk over to the main entry pipe but I can't get there. What's going on? do I need to climb a specific spot or what??? any help would be greatly appreciated, I have yet to be this flustered with this game. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Chris

Gillie
24th Dec 2004, 01:17
Try doing it this way.
*spoiler*
I have just done that part again.Go to the wall by the Lamp post.The wall with the down pipe,climb up next to it, climb that wall high up.ease along the wall using your gloves jump unto the pipe should get you there. Walk to the Glyph
:)

Tin Star
24th Dec 2004, 01:39
You can also move to the left or to the right when climbing by using your keys that make you move left and right,so you should be able to climb up the wall and move over the pipe and lower yourself by climbing down on to the pipe.

Tin Star

stonesdude
24th Dec 2004, 06:18
I've tried climbing the wall right next to the down pipe but I am unable to get onto the pipe going across. I have climbed the wall as suggested but even as I'm climbing and moving the right or left arrow to move side to side he never does, just goes straight up while looking to either direction. I've tried to lower down onto the pipes but because he does not move side to side it's just not happening. I've tried climbing high above the pipes and jumping off but he drops straight down. Getting really ticked here!!!!!

Tin Star
24th Dec 2004, 10:01
Originally posted by stonesdude
I've tried climbing the wall right next to the down pipe but I am unable to get onto the pipe going across. I have climbed the wall as suggested but even as I'm climbing and moving the right or left arrow to move side to side he never does, just goes straight up while looking to either direction. I've tried to lower down onto the pipes but because he does not move side to side it's just not happening. I've tried climbing high above the pipes and jumping off but he drops straight down. Getting really ticked here!!!!!

Try using the "A"&"D"keys to move to the left or right.Unless you changed them I think those are the keys you are suppose to use to move left &right.

Tin Star

Gillie
24th Dec 2004, 13:27
I do not know if you have a game pad or a PC.
I have a pc and use left right arrows to move along the wall Maybe yours is default A and D. Can you jump.
I have just looked at my game options and Inputs mine is set at
LEFT - RIGHT Arrows to move along It might not be default for yours though!!

Tin Star
24th Dec 2004, 16:23
Originally posted by Gillie
I do not know if you have a game pad or a PC.
I have a pc and use left right arrows to move along the wall Maybe yours is default A and D. Can you jump.
I have just looked at my game options and Inputs mine is set at
LEFT - RIGHT Arrows to move along It might not be default for yours though!!

Check in your options and see what keys are set that make him side step,what you are trying to do is make him turn left or right which he can't do if he is climbing but he can side step left and right when climbing.I said it was the "A"&"D" keys that would make him do it but I am not sure because its been awhile since I have played the game,but at any rate you should have two keys that will make him side step left or right and those are the ones you would use and not the arrow keys when climbing or on a wall or on the ground to make him step sideways.

Tin Star

Gillie
24th Dec 2004, 23:41
I said that is what I had my Pc set at
The defaults are "A" and "D". Which I said I thought was default.I just looked at th options
I found it easier for using. XBox I do not know.I set my keys how I wanted to play them.

Tin Star
25th Dec 2004, 02:47
I don't use any of the arrow keys I use just the lettered keys,besides the "Q&E"keys do the samething that the left and right arrow keys do unless they are reset,you lean left and right with them.I find it easier to use the keyboard that way and all the movements are in the same area of the keyboard so my right hand never needs to leave the mouse and my left hand is always on the left side of the keyboard.I have used it that way so much that the black paint that makes up the letters"W,E,A,S,D,X & C" has worn off and the keys are all white and have no letters on them.

Tin Star