PDA

View Full Version : Need your input on this please....

Trin
22nd Dec 2004, 19:35
hey everyone.

Yesterday I made a forum for Tomb raider and Beyond Good & Evil. But it seems as though somthing is missing. :( Can someone take a look at my forum and tell me what it needs to make it better? It would be a great help if you could! :)

Here is the link: Crystal cafe (http://s6.invisionfree.com/Crystal_Cafe/index.php?act=idx)

(And I know there are not many members yet, so it looks kinda boring, but I've gotten 9 members in less than 24 hours, so I think it's going pretty well.)

So if you have any suggestions to make the forum better please tell me what you think! I really get the feeling it's missing something but I can't put my finger on it.... :confused:

LuxAngel
7th Jan 2005, 22:58
Originally posted by Trin
hey everyone.

Yesterday I made a forum for Tomb raider and Beyond Good & Evil. But it seems as though somthing is missing. :( Can someone take a look at my forum and tell me what it needs to make it better? It would be a great help if you could! :)

...Here is the link: Crystal cafe (http://s6.invisionfree.com/Crystal_Cafe/index.php?act=idx)

Lookin' GOOD! :D

1. The navigation is clean, easy to follow. For me, that is a plus. When I find a site that has an eternally scrolling menu, or there is no simple way to jump to the various sections of the site, I don't stick around. "Beauty lies in simplicity" says the adage of old.

2. Your colors are cool & easy to the eyes. That may be taken for granted by some, but it's hard to spend any significant amount of time at a site that puts a strain on one's vision.

If you're still feeling as if something's missing, do a lil' poll on your site, and get suggestions from the members. Since they're participating, they may be able to offer input as to what might enhance it further. (But only go along with it if you completely agree :p).

The only thing that came to mind is that you might consider adding an identifying image at the top of the pages (or only the home page); something that represents what your site is all about. It doesn't have to be huge, and can be as simple or elaborate as you see fit. But even that is only a stab in the dark, because I don't feel that sites absolutely must have a banner or image.

Good job, and congratulations! Lots & lots of work go into designing and maintaining a forum. I will certainly visit again! :)