PDA

View Full Version : new units

mrclean
16th Dec 2004, 22:00
Hello

Ive seen the units for this game...but will the non playables have differnt units...that are speial to there own counterys...like polish lancers or line ?etc..

i mean the none playable factions have differnt units that we cant use...?

Regards..

7th Regiment of Foot
Royal Fusiliers:)

haradrim
16th Dec 2004, 22:23
im pretty sure they would unless all the nonplayables just had generic units that all the np's use. and if the np's had their own unique units im about 99% sure we couldnt use them

Arctic_Wolf
16th Dec 2004, 23:33
Unless we conquered their home province maybe.

haradrim
18th Dec 2004, 01:46
thats why i only said 99% and not 100%:D. I am not actually sure but i dont think that you would if you conquered their country. Mostly because i thought of this one example: If england conquers france would england have a use of the imperial guard. maybe eventually after many years of rule under that one power but. If a country had just been conquered i would expect it to carry on some form of resistance not readily fight for my nation, and if they could it would be more realistic if they did not fight as well as the regular troops and maybe sometimes they might stab you in the back by instigating rebellions against you. Those are my thoughts.

P.S. if troops can rebel against you or in some way can you administer some form of punishment for such activities such as a firing squad?

over and out

BlackCoat
18th Dec 2004, 02:30
And the -not so elite anymore- janissaries of the sick man.

poland doesent exist anymore.. , or at any part during the timeframe. Freeing poland wasnt even considered.

But swedish troops surely would be incuded... along with that traitor leader who decided that a siege would be boring and just gave up.. Neither to forget hakkapelittas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakkapeliitta), and the swedish military motto "we fight to the last finn" ;)

barbary states certainly have something primitive, yet intresting to offer.
Some baggypanted scimitar wielding dozen-thugs, surely? ;)

howabout the pasha egypt.. mamlukes or were they all killed by now?

and it just cannot be complete without spanish conquistadors, yeah i know, but its still sort of cool :D

Exmann
23rd Dec 2004, 08:56
Timeframe? I never heard something about a timeframe so far. There is only one quote in the FAQ- section of this forum:

The game is set in the early 19th century, will it be based on the Napoleonic era?
Pyro Studios is mostly concentrating around the Napoleonic era and just before/after this period, but the game is by no means just about Napoleon and his campaigns. It's rather a general setting, where actual historical events will occur but at the same time the user is free to play the game in whichever manner he/she chooses. A full list on unique historic regiments will be released at a later date.

sick
23rd Dec 2004, 09:14
What is Imperial Glory?
Most will say that Imperial Glory is a Real Time Strategy. But, the game isn't strictly a Real Time Strategy, as the management area is turn-based. The timeframe of the game is 1789-1830.

I think I put it in that other question on the next update.:)

Exmann
26th Dec 2004, 02:14
Is there any chance of a playable Duchy of Warsaw in an Add-on maybe?
(Yes, I am polisch ;) )

Hipolit
31st Dec 2004, 11:00
Originally posted by Exmann
Is there any chance of a playable Duchy of Warsaw in an Add-on maybe?
(Yes, I am polisch ;) )

he he

I just wanted to ask the same question... :D

If there's going to be any add-on with additional nations, like Duchy of Warsaw, Spain, Turkey, Egypt or Napple States and maybe Rhein confederacy?

Then the game would be a kind of Encyclopedia of Napoleonica! :P

In cossacks 2 there are going to be in the add-on DoW, Rhein, Spain and probably Turkey...

Best wishes

Hippo

andytimtim
31st Dec 2004, 15:41
Since we're talking about add-ons :D

I'd like to see the American/Canadian East Coast added to the map with America added as a civ. Obviosuly for the war of indepedence and the american/british war of 1812.

Hipolit
2nd Jan 2005, 12:28
Originally posted by Hipolit
he he

I just wanted to ask the same question... :D

If there's going to be any add-on with additional nations, like Duchy of Warsaw, Spain, Turkey, Egypt or Napple States and maybe Rhein confederacy?

Then the game would be a kind of Encyclopedia of Napoleonica! :P

In cossacks 2 there are going to be in the add-on DoW, Rhein, Spain and probably Turkey...

Best wishes

Hippo

Is imperial glory going to be game about napoleonica or world in early 1800's...?

I think that taking too general subject of history for game will make it too
general and not worth playing...

Napleonica is all what can be implemented within game, american wars are not worth taking them.

Diversity of units is the most important imho!

Hippo

:D